PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Steelers, from a Patriots fan

bradyfan12
01-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Let me start by saying that I hate the Steelers, but if you didn't hate the Patriots, or any other rival, I would think you aren't a real fan.

Anyway, I wanted to give your team props this week. First, you beat an obnoxious group of loud-mouthed imbeciles whose talk is bigger than their game. I'm hoping the Pats can do the same tomorrow.

But I also wanted to state, from another team's fanbase, that Roethlisberger is clutch as they come. I can't believe the media constantly talks up Peyton Manning when it's obvious that Roethlisberger is the guy you want with the ball at the end of the game. That pass today was absolutely sick, but for the last few seasons, BR has really cut down on his mistakes and is now, in my opinion one of the top 2 QBs in the NFL.

No point in arguing who is better between Roethlisberger and Brady. Here's how it breaks down: neither would really be effective in the other team's system. Roethlisberger cannot pass with consistent accuracy or make the pre-snap decisions that Brady can. On the other hand, Brady would get absolutely killed behind Pittsburgh's offensive line. All of those second chances and "sandlot football" plays would be gone. Brady would have to throw the ball away quite a bit with terrible blocking. Point being that both QBs are terrific in different ways, but the bottom line is, they win the damn game.

Best of luck to the Steelers, especially if the Pats fall tomorrow to the Jets. If the Pats win, I'm sure I will have a tremendous hatred for your team, fanbase, and virtually everything Steeler-like by Monday, but hey, that just means that you guys are good. You don't see a lot of venom on message boards about the Lions or Rams, do you? In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect for your organization; they keep quiet, let their play do the talking, and build through the draft. Although I'm sure a lot of you hardcore fans will grill me for this comment (spygate, etc. etc.), the truth is that the Steelers and Pats are very similar organizations. If the Pats win tomorrow, that will be a combined 11 AFCCG appearances, and a guaranteed 7 Super Bowl appearances for the two franchises - in just the last decade. It's a shame that the Pats-Steelers games haven't come as frequently as some other major rivalries, as that is the only thing holding this back from really being a premier rivalry.

Not sure why I came here, but something about the game today impressed me. I'd never bother to talk with the idiots on Jets forums.

scsteeler
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Nice Post. Nothing Personal but I want the AFC Championship game to be in Pittsburgh. LOL

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Classy post, If you win tomorrow come on back this week.

bradyfan12
01-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Nice Post. Nothing Personal but I want the AFC Championship game to be in Pittsburgh. LOL

Hey, that's just being smart. Who wouldn't want Mark Sanchez at home versus Tom Brady on the road?

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks for stopping by, I agree about Brady getting killed behind our offensive line, I know alot of Steelers fans will be cheering for the Jets tomorrow to get another home game, but I have wanted some payback for awhile now - nothing would be sweeter to make Pats feel our how we felt in 2001 and 2004 when we blew it on our field.

I must admit I can't stand Jets or Pats fans, but at least Pats fans have earned the right to talk smack and I respect what your team has done over the past decade, the Jets on the other hand haven't won crap yet their fans have been running their mouths all season long, so please kick the crap out of them tomorrow. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, and how the Pats finished the season, makes them the team to beat. GL tomorrow, hope it's at least better than that GB/Atlanta game was tonight.

BTW most here are welcoming to other teams fans, as long as their respectful. We just dog the homer idiotic haters. :wink02: (paging bobby jr)

btaylor179
01-16-2011, 01:48 AM
we need em

bradyfan12
01-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks for stopping by, I agree about Brady getting killed behind our offensive line, I know alot of Steelers fans will be cheering for the Jets tomorrow to get another home game, but I have wanted some payback for awhile now - nothing would be sweeter to make Pats feel our how we felt in 2001 and 2004 when we blew it on our field.

I must admit I can't stand Jets or Pats fans, but at least Pats fans have earned the right to talk smack and I respect what your team has done over the past decade, the Jets on the other hand haven't won crap yet their fans have been running their mouths all season long, so please kick the crap out of them tomorrow. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, and how the Pats finished the season, makes them the team to beat. GL tomorrow, hope it's at least better than that GB/Atlanta game was tonight.

BTW most here are welcoming to other teams fans, as long as their respectful. We just dog the homer idiotic haters. :wink02: (paging bobby jr)

Win-Win situation for you. If the Jets win, you get to play them. If the Pats win, you get a chance at redemption, and the loudmouths go home crying. Seriously, that Atlanta game made me shudder a bit, as I'm sure you were at halftime today. Homefield apparently is not going to win games; an advantage, yes, but definitely not as as important as on-field execution.

You should visit a Jets forum if you want to get a taste of their fan base. True, all fan bases have their dark side, but this is really unbelievable. About 90% of them are truly hoping for major injuries to the Patriots, agreeing with big-talkers like Bart Scott, and praising professional athletes for being classless. It is truly a cess pool; if the Pats lose tomorrow, you'll see what I'm talking about this week.

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Win-Win situation for you. If the Jets win, you get to play them. If the Pats win, you get a chance at redemption, and the loudmouths go home crying. Seriously, that Atlanta game made me shudder a bit, as I'm sure you were at halftime today. Homefield apparently is not going to win games; an advantage, yes, but definitely not as as important as on-field execution.

You should visit a Jets forum if you want to get a taste of their fan base. True, all fan bases have their dark side, but this is really unbelievable. About 90% of them are truly hoping for major injuries to the Patriots, agreeing with big-talkers like Bart Scott, and praising professional athletes for being classless. It is truly a cess pool; if the Pats lose tomorrow, you'll see what I'm talking about this week.

I live in Boston. I hate the Patriots. HATE them and their stupid bandwagon fans. Remember Bledsoe? Parcells? Being the laughing stock of the NFL? The true fans were out then. Then this kid Brady comes along and wins 3 Superbowls. Before you know it, EVERYONE has a Pats jersey. I hated the Patriots because of the tremendous bandwagon they produced. And if you try to objectively talk to them (fans) at all on any level of football, the only word they know is "dynasty!" Even tonight, all of my friends texted me saying "sorry your team is going to lose to NE." Just a bunch of ****y a-holes. The happiest non-Steelers game was Superbowl 42. How glorious. How amazing. I HATE how the Patriots stat pad like there is no tomorrow, running scores up talking trash AFTER they beat a team. Man up, and say that same shit before the game. I'm looking at you Brady.

Now that my rant is done, I must say classy post. Very few, VERY FEW people in NE give the Steelers the respect they deserve. No one in my group of friends believes Big Ben is a top ten QB. All they say is "well, defence may win championships but offense sells tickets!" SO DOES WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS YOU IGNORANT TURD. All things aside, I want the Jets to cream 'em tomorrow. I want 3 pick sixes, 9 sacks on Brady, Welker to drop 2 touchdown passes, Woodhead to run for negative yardage and Sanchez to have a perfect QB rating. We can all dream, can't we?

Side note, I'm a huge Celtics fan (always have been, no bandwagon fan here). You go to a lot of games at the Garden?

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2011, 02:20 AM
In defense of the bandwagon fans, there probably wasn't a ton of people wearing Steelers jersey's prior to 1972 either. It's hard to build a big following without some bling-bling.

injus5injus
01-16-2011, 02:22 AM
I agree with your whole post. I have to say I never considered BR a clutch or even real good QB until this last super bowl he won. He was consistently throwing picks and not protecting the ball. Steelers won their first super bowl in spite of him but he won the second one for them. Steelers have always been carried by their defense and still are the majority of the time, but I have to say every since the last super bowl Ben has been on point with accurate throws. He barely misses the receiver short IMO and when he does miss its away from the S/CB. He has proved he is definitely in the top 5 in terms of what he brings to his team. I would probably take A-rod, Manning or possibly Brady over him but dont get me wrong Bens as CLUTCH as it gets :chuckle::tt03::tt02::tt04::tt:

bradyfan12
01-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I live in Boston. I hate the Patriots. HATE them and their stupid bandwagon fans. Remember Bledsoe? Parcells? Being the laughing stock of the NFL? The true fans were out then. Then this kid Brady comes along and wins 3 Superbowls. Before you know it, EVERYONE has a Pats jersey. I hated the Patriots because of the tremendous bandwagon they produced. And if you try to objectively talk to them (fans) at all on any level of football, the only word they know is "dynasty!" Even tonight, all of my friends texted me saying "sorry your team is going to lose to NE." Just a bunch of ****y a-holes. The happiest non-Steelers game was Superbowl 42. How glorious. How amazing. I HATE how the Patriots stat pad like there is no tomorrow, running scores up talking trash AFTER they beat a team. Man up, and say that same shit before the game. I'm looking at you Brady.

Now that my rant is done, I must say classy post. Very few, VERY FEW people in NE give the Steelers the respect they deserve. No one in my group of friends believes Big Ben is a top ten QB. All they say is "well, defence may win championships but offense sells tickets!" SO DOES WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS YOU IGNORANT TURD. All things aside, I want the Jets to cream 'em tomorrow. I want 3 pick sixes, 9 sacks on Brady, Welker to drop 2 touchdown passes, Woodhead to run for negative yardage and Sanchez to have a perfect QB rating. We can all dream, can't we?

Side note, I'm a huge Celtics fan (always have been, no bandwagon fan here). You go to a lot of games at the Garden?

I live in California now, but I grew up in Maine and still go to Celts/Pats games when I visit every year. I've been going to Pats games since before Parcells came along, when they used to get hammered by Marino and Kelly. They had an incredible quarterback rotation of Hugh Millen, Scott Zolak, and Scott Secules. Quite a show it was.

When you talk to fans of other teams, there's not going to be a lot of agreement. It's like trying to convince someone who is pro-life to become pro-choice or a hardcore Republican to join the Green Party. Likewise, you probably won't get far in trying to convince a hardcore fan of something that doesn't mesh with what they believe. But that is what makes sports so great.

Not sure if you remember, but just a few years ago, the same argument was constantly used about Brady; defense, system, etc. etc. Eventually the mass audience will come around and accept that Roethlisberger belongs in "Greatest of..." discussions.

SB42 was the worst moment of my sports life until this year, when I realized how far away the Patriots had gotten from their roots. A lot of those guys, while extremely talented, were really not Patriots players. You saw last year, when the going got tough, a lot of carryovers from that team just quit. Luckily, they are gone now. This team has a lot of guys that have been rejected numerous times and worked their way into starring roles. I can't say I would trade a certain body part (one of two) for that 19-0 glory, but really, in perspective that team was not their crowning achievement.

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Ah, I love going to the Garden to watch Rondo go crazy. Sorry about the rant, I really don't want to play NE. Stick around the forums man, you'd be a great addition.

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Screw the Pats and the Celtics. Can't stand either one. Steelers are the only NFL team that exists. I hope the Jets cream the Patsies and that hoodie wearing jerk; not because I don't want the Steelers to play them but I want them to lose every time they get on the field. I hate the Jets and their loudmouthed coach as well but we will kick their butt next week if we get them. But, alas and alack, the Jets will get their clocks cleaned tomorrow. I hope the Steelers don't start off slow next week again and that they shore up those STs.

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Screw the Pats and the Celtics. Can't stand either one. Steelers are the only NFL team that exists. I hope the Jets cream the Patsies and that hoodie wearing jerk; not because I don't want the Steelers to play them but I want them to lose every time they get on the field. I hate the Jets and their loudmouthed coach as well but we will kick their butt next week if we get them. But, alas and alack, the Jets will get their clocks cleaned tomorrow. I hope the Steelers don't start off slow next week again and that they shore up those STs.

What NBA teams do people from the Burgh tend to like?

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 03:19 AM
wait a minute a non-pompous, non-arrogant patriots* fans? What the hell is this world coming to?

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm one of the minority that want NE to win tomorrow so we can have another shot at you guys. Most steeler fans would call me crazy but I think we can beat yall.

you guys knocking us out of the playoffs in the AFC championship and celebrating on OUR field still sits sour with me, nothing would satisfy me more than returning the favor in your house.

SacknificentStew56
01-16-2011, 04:28 AM
Facts and honesty is all I ask for from visitors and you did just that. Do return if your Pats win and if not, enjoy watching us against the Jets in the AFC Champ game.

Triggerfish
01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Agreed. Classy post from a NE fan. Feel free to come back anytime, win or lose today. It's always fun to have some respectful non-homer posts here on the boards.

I'm somewhat of a "regular" on the Pats boards as well. Before I get blasted TOO much by my Black & Gold brothers, I initially went to the boards to get some advice/tips/etc. when I took my wife to a Pats game at Gillette. (Her family and her are HUGE Pats fans. It's weird having a wife that I don't like in football season! Hahaha). Anyway, I actually found most of the folks there to be respectful, and they were kind enough to give me some pointers, so I stuck around. Many of my posts there are debates, defending the mighty Steelers and their fans, etc. I make no attempt to hide the fact that first anf foremost, I'm a Steelers fan. But I think I've earned their respect, and I have to admit there's some good football conversations to be found there.

Same applies to you bradyfan. As long as you're respectful that this is a Steelers board while still staying true to your roots, I think I speak for most peopel when I say you'll always be welcome here.

That being said, I do hope the Jets shatter the pitcher of Pats Kool-Aid. I don't see it shaking out that way, but there isn't too many instances where I'd actually root for NE (unless it somehow benefits the Steelers). I respect the team, but hate the organization at the same time. I'd MUCH rather host the AFCCG at Heinz Field, and slap the Jets around in OUR house. But if the outcome shakes out the way most people think it will, I'll be more than happy to have the opportunity to get some revenge and watch the Steelers celebrate in Foxboro. It's almost a win-win. Although history has shown that the Pats have our number, so I like our chances of taking home our 7th Lombardi by going through the loud-mouth Jets.

In any case, good luck today! And thanks for the post.

:tt03:

TRH
01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
we both had to deal w/our loudmouths this week. We dealt with the Ravens and their BS this week.....you had to deal with the ridiculous trash talk from the Jets. I really would like them to win because i feel we have a better chance to beat them, but they've taken the fast track to becoming the NFL team i hate the most.
The Raven's "hate" is just more rivalry and competition stuff, but the Jets are truly unlikeable and classless, starting right with the head coach.

I agree with you as well. The 2 best QB's in the NFL hands-down are Brady and Roethlisberger. 2 completely different styles, but the best in the game (i think Aaron Rogers is creeping right up in there, i've been saying that for weeks)

Frankie3521
01-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I think other teams would be surprised at how well Ben can read the D and make adjustments at the line, he's a better "pure" QB than people give him credit for.. He just doesn't have the same amount of time to throw as Brady and the other elite QBs. Ben is more of a gunslinger while Brady has a more methodical offense. I agree, neither would be nearly as successful if they switched teams.

plenewken
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm one of the minority that want NE to win tomorrow so we can have another shot at you guys. Most steeler fans would call me crazy but I think we can beat yall.

you guys knocking us out of the playoffs in the AFC championship and celebrating on OUR field still sits sour with me, nothing would satisfy me more than returning the favor in your house.

It'd be very satisfying for our egos indeed, but I'd rather take the Jets.
This being said, I think we'll play in Boston next week. I don't see the Jets beating the Pats today and knowing that the Jets fans have been silenced like the Ravens' fans were yesterday will make my day.
Then, we'll have to elevate our offensive game next Sunday no matter what. Sloppiness won't work against the Pats and Brady will not implode like Flacco did.

bradyfan12
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Best of luck against the Jets. They played an insane game today and probably would have won even if the Pats had executed. Can't stand them, but they deserved to win.

Not sure why I see some posts on here about wanting respect because being the frontrunner sucks. Brady and Belichick will get all the media attention for as long as they are in NE, and it hasn't worked out well for a long time. How I wish we could just fly under the radar for once, especially with a group of young players who have accomplished nothing yet are considered "champions" by the media. They choked pretty badly today, but hey, not the first time it's happened in sports and won't be the last. Personally, the word "choke" is hard to justify in opposition sports. I mean, I've seen tennis players and golfers choke, but usually on the other end of a choke in the NFL, you have another team that played pretty damn well.

These Pats are much different from the Pats of old; they still have a lot of growing pains. I'm proud of their season, but I wish they had lost to an honorable, worthy team.

Should be a real dogfight against the Jets. I think the Steelers will take them out in a close one. Enjoy the glory while it lasts; this is a tough business. 31 losers per year. The Steelers have something special right now, and maybe they'll capitalize again while they have the championship pieces.

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Best of luck against the Jets. They played an insane game today and probably would have won even if the Pats had executed. Can't stand them, but they deserved to win.

Not sure why I see some posts on here about wanting respect because being the frontrunner sucks. Brady and Belichick will get all the media attention for as long as they are in NE, and it hasn't worked out well for a long time. How I wish we could just fly under the radar for once, especially with a group of young players who have accomplished nothing yet are considered "champions" by the media. They choked pretty badly today, but hey, not the first time it's happened in sports and won't be the last. Personally, the word "choke" is hard to justify in opposition sports. I mean, I've seen tennis players and golfers choke, but usually on the other end of a choke in the NFL, you have another team that played pretty damn well.

These Pats are much different from the Pats of old; they still have a lot of growing pains. I'm proud of their season, but I wish they had lost to an honorable, worthy team.

Should be a real dogfight against the Jets. I think the Steelers will take them out in a close one. Enjoy the glory while it lasts; this is a tough business. 31 losers per year. The Steelers have something special right now, and maybe they'll capitalize again while they have the championship pieces.

What is it with teams with the "byes" and then blowing it going 1 and done? Here in Dallas, Wade Phillips got HUGE flack for supposedly letting Romo and Witten go on vacation, players attending the NCAA national championship, etc, etc, during that week. And no, for the record, it had nothing to do with our loss to the Giants.

Anyhow, this has been a common trend the last few years - no, not taking anything away from what the Steelers did in 2005, but for the most part, alot of these top seeded teams just looked awful coming off those byes. Atlanta the other night, Carolina a couple of years ago(and no, it wasn't Delhomme alone, the D was very bad that night), the Colts against a short-handed SD team a couple of years ago, NE yesterday, Baltimore a couple of years ago, and the list goes on.

For the most part, 80% of the teams that got the bye ended up winning rather easily. Now? Not so much...

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 03:21 AM

great post and thanks for the respectful tone. while im happy as a pig in shit that the patriots lost (would be just as happy if the steelers werent in it) you come off as a good, well balanced fan so no need rubbing your nose in it. :drink:

as for the jets....

of the 4 teams left in the playoffs, 3 of them STFU, continue remaining silent and just go about their business of winning games.

the 4th is a bunch of braggard loud mouth pricks.

its time they be shut up just like the ravens were. theres no better team to do it.

CT_STEELERFAN
01-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Let me start by saying that I have the ultimate respect for the Patriots team, but will hate them forever. Mostly it's their fans here in CT. They are the most obnoxious bunch of crap talkers who only became fans within the last ten years. You never saw Patriots jerseys/hats around here until they started winning circa 2001. Signs of bandwagon fans who can't name one player on the defense or anyone else beside Tom Brady on offense. Some of them still wear Randy Moss jerseys and think he still plays for them! lol Well, looks like they can shut it now, at least for this season, thank the Lord, it was fun to see them lose to the Jets. What a great weekend for football! BTW Wes Welcher is eating crow. Deion who?