04-24-2006, 03:18 AM
you guys get

1. jason allen

2. chris chong DE cal poly

3. dereck hagan WR

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 08:37 AM
It starts to go wrong around pick 3. The Jets need a QB, and if the Titans take Young, the J-E-T-S will not pass up on Matt Leinart.

I don't think Allen will last to #32, but I do think the Steelers will pick a FS in Ko Simpson.

Tha rock
04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
the jets said there happy with what they got and are targeting brick and mario

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, who wouldn't be happy with a QB who has multiple surgeries to his arm and can't complete a pass longer than 15 yards?

D'Brickashaw is smoke...there is no team in the NFL more desperate for a QB than NY.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Heard on Mike and Mike this morning that if Leinart is there, the Jets will still take the big OL. Kind of odd if you ask me too, so yes it could still be a smokescreen, because if they pass on a Qb like Matt who is sitting there for taking, NYC will erupt into a frenzy the likes of which nobody has seen before.

Also watched Savran on sportsbeat last nite, talking to kevin colbert. the Steelers are VERY high on Ryan clark to come in right away and pick up where chris hope left off, so I dont necessarily see us grabbing a safety in the first round. The draft is very deep in the secondary, and we can find a very good DB later in day 1 and use that pick on Moss possibly, because he didnt rule out the possibility of us trading up either.

tony hipchest
04-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Heard on Mike and Mike this morning that if Leinart is there, the Jets will still take the big OL. Kind of odd if you ask me too, so yes it could still be a smokescreen, because if they pass on a Qb like Matt who is sitting there for taking, NYC will erupt into a frenzy the likes of which nobody has seen before.

i heard this too. did you catch john clayton saying that the titans were set on v. young, speculating that leinart could fall to the raiders at 7? one thing seems certain. all of the top 4 teams would like to pull off a deal like the chargers did with m. vick and e. manning. with the raiders being the target. everyone seems to want the raiders #1 pick next year (#1 overall???)

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 12:17 PM
It's all smoke and mirrors at this point. These last few days will be the worst, as TONS of disinformation is poured out of all 32 teams FO's.

If the Jets skip over a Matt Leinart, it'll make the Eagles fans reaction to the McNabb pick look like a couple girl scouts crying. Could you imagine having to open your season with a depth chart at the most important position in the game with Pennington, Brooks Bollinger and Kliff Kingsbury?

tony hipchest
04-25-2006, 12:41 PM
If the Jets skip over a Matt Leinart, it'll make the Eagles fans reaction to the McNabb pick look like a couple girl scouts crying. Could you imagine having to open your season with a depth chart at the most important position in the game with Pennington, Brooks Bollinger and Kliff Kingsbury?

dont forget the ace in the hole, patrick ramsey :rolleyes:. they were making fun of mike greenberg cause hes a huge jets fan and they will be covering the draft live on the radio.

golic was saying how they can pretty much kiss him goodbye from the show if the jets pass on leinart. he wasnt trying to hear or understand what clayton was saying.

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Just saw this...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9393909

"Earth to Jets: Grab Leinart any way you can"

tony hipchest
04-25-2006, 02:31 PM
good article. like the mantra says, never pass on a franchise qb. i think the only real knock on leinart has been questions if hes hit his peak or if theres any upside left. i think there is but maybe cutler and young are being looked at like an unpolished player with tons of upside like ben.

but then again im sure every team would like to draft a qb that can win the qb in their 2nd year, while barely scratching the surface of their potential (brady, ben)

amazing weve come to the day where the obvious blue chippers are knocked cause they were TOO good in college.

personally i think the top 4 teams should be banned from any more trade talks and be forced to draft where they are. seems everyone wants to rape al davis and hes only got so many holes, i mean picks, to give up.

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I just watch ESPN's Tuesday draft edition, and, to further muddy the water, Mort is reporting that the Saints may stay put at #2 and take Leinart.

Think that'd mess up a mock draft or 43 million?

tony hipchest
04-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I just watch ESPN's Tuesday draft edition, and, to further muddy the water, Mort is reporting that the Saints may stay put at #2 and take Leinart.

Think that'd mess up a mock draft or 43 million?

lol. damn baseball. im used to catching the draft special around 7:00pm est.

Tha rock
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Just saw this...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9393909

"Earth to Jets: Grab Leinart any way you can"

off of kffl that should read raiders go get him:sofunny:

Raiders | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:03 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback.

Raiders | Brooks is not the answer
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:27:45 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders do not see QB Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution at quarterback. They will probably take a quarterback in the upcoming draft, perhaps as early as the first round.

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I never pay any attention to these mock draft's.

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 10:33 AM
It was clear he was a stopgap (at best) when they only signed him to a two year deal.
But here's what makes that Leinart to NO deal a real possibility: NO has an escape clause in THEIR contract with Brees that could make the deal as short as a one year deal.

And the Saints have Leinart ranked higher on their draft board than any QB in the last few years.

Assume Bush to Texans, but if Leinart goes to NO, then the Titans have no decsion but to take Young at #3, and that suddenly makes Jay Cutler's value ROCKET up the charts, because there are at least 3 teams in the next few picks (Jets, Raiders, and Cardinals) who really need to draft a QB.

Tha rock
04-26-2006, 05:58 PM
It was clear he was a stopgap (at best) when they only signed him to a two year deal.
But here's what makes that Leinart to NO deal a real possibility: NO has an escape clause in THEIR contract with Brees that could make the deal as short as a one year deal.

And the Saints have Leinart ranked higher on their draft board than any QB in the last few years.

Assume Bush to Texans, but if Leinart goes to NO, then the Titans have no decsion but to take Young at #3, and that suddenly makes Jay Cutler's value ROCKET up the charts, because there are at least 3 teams in the next few picks (Jets, Raiders, and Cardinals) who really need to draft a QB.

dude you dont no what your talking about its clear there going to take whoever the texans dont they have already tried to shop around one D-end they have and are not looking at brick to.

Tha rock
04-26-2006, 05:59 PM

He wont go to NO hes going to be a raider rather you like it or not.

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
There are several sources I draw information from and, guess what?

You ain't one of 'em.

ben2hines=6
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
i gotta say that i really like seeing this derek hagan in the third round dropping to the steelers...i watched him in a couple game last year with arizona state and i was very impressed and i am still very edgy on having cedric wilson as our number 2.