PDA

View Full Version : our Special Teams

TRH
01-16-2011, 08:33 AM
can anyone tell me why we can't get this fixed?? It's been a problem now, for what, about 3 years?
They seem to get downfield quick...but CANNOT tackle, whiff tackles, etc...
I want to close my eyes and pray each and every time the opposition takes a kick-off or a punt return.

Rick5895
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Our St were decent this season, up until the time Worilds got hurt. He was outstanding on specials, hope he comes back next week. BTW I thought Ike looked good toward the end of the game.

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Our St were decent this season, up until the time Worilds got hurt. He was outstanding on specials, hope he comes back next week. BTW I thought Ike looked good toward the end of the game.

I agree ST's are still a problem but it has been getting better. I've seen nothing on why Worilds is out.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
St's has been an issue for us for much longer than 3 years. Even under Cowher it was a crapshoot; although, last years version was the worst I remember seeing on any NFL team.

ETL
01-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I would submit that our ST improved greatly compared to previous years

TRH
01-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I would submit that our ST improved greatly compared to previous years

thats not saying much. They're horrible. Its almost a given that every kick-off will be taken to the 30 and beyond, even on deep kick-offs. Watch the game film again and count the whiffed tackles and its mindboggling.

madtowndrunkard
01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
They better figure something out this week. Because if our ST's give the Patriots that kind of field position or even worse, points, we will get beat badly.

You can bet $ that Billicheat will do something to exploit our horrible ST's play.

ggoldman
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I swear Keenan Lewis has at least 2 whiffed tackles per game on punt coverage

TRH
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I swear Keenan Lewis has at least 2 whiffed tackles per game on punt coverage

He's another one. I actually yelled at the TV last night "cut him....RIGHT now!". Plus, he's at or near the top of the list this year for stupid, dumb penalties. He better get his s*** together this off-season....thats even if he's with us next year