PDA

View Full Version : rickey manning jr. beats up geek

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
this weekend the restricted f.a. db was signed to an offer sheet from the bears. not a day later he was busted for kicking the ass of a lap top carrying nerd at 3 am at a l.a. dennys. (pardon the interuption/ sirius)

the amazing thing here is not that hes such a prick, but that the bears offered him about 4 mil/year and will give a 3rd rounder to the panthers when they couldve had a quality character guy like ike taylor for a higher draft pick but far less $$$

nimrods and deals like this just keep on driving up the price for ike. wait till law and woodson sign.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9393379

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Here's a hint:

Chicago will draft Sinorice Moss at #26.

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Here's a hint:

Chicago will draft Sinorice Moss at #26.looks that way. im sure theyre hoping for holmes. moss will make up for thim not landing el. and that pick is way to early for any remaining t.e. they probly hope marcedes drops in the 2nd or take the best te there or another db.

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Unless they were throwing smoke about El (and we know they weren't), then why WOULDN'T they pick up a small burner who can return kicks?

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Unless they were throwing smoke about El (and we know they weren't), then why WOULDN'T they pick up a small burner who can return kicks?

that makes the most sense. wr in fa and draft a cb. if that fails get a cb in fa and draft a wr. good luck to em. they need a #2 wr worse than the steelers and it cant turn out worse than their david terrel experiment. i think moss is a big reach at 26.

also t. jones has fired condon and hired rosenhaus who has advised him to not attend off season workouts. of course drew dont get paid until he delivers his client a new contract. hes a f.a. after this season. with the $$$ c. benson is making....... well bring on the trade demands and rumors.

clevestinks
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Damn, I wish the NFL would just wash thier hands to him. Problem is he will still be making more than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, next contract

RoethlisBURGHer
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Was he in Seattle?LOL

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
No, Manning came from Carolina.
Which is ironic, because I heard one of the talking heads on ESPN saying that the Panthers may pass on Lendale White for "Character Issues".
The same team that drafted Rae Carruth #1 in 1997.

Please.

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Which is ironic, because I heard one of the talking heads on ESPN saying that the Panthers may pass on Lendale White for "Character Issues".
The same team that drafted Rae Carruth #1 in 1997.

Please. i hope carolinas that stupid.

character issue #1- being hurt, gaining a few pounds, not working at the combine, pulling a college prank with consent and help of the coach (him throwing a dummy of himself of a building)
vs.
character issue #2- putting an o.j. style hit on ones babys momma, and getting busted on the lam, hiding in the trunk of an '89 lincoln (or whatever)

ill take character issue #1

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
So I guess I expose my second pick of my mock, eh? At #27, if he escapes Denver at #15, and NE at #21, Carolina selects White.

Then again, that says nothing, does it?

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 07:51 PM
So I guess I expose my second pick of my mock, eh? At #27, if he escapes Denver at #15, and NE at #21, Carolina selects White.

Then again, that says nothing, does it?

sf, browns, pats, denver, eagles, and carolina would all be better off longterm with white. i think the panthers are the most likely to figure this out. especially in the position they draft in. (ill still be watching denver at #15)

if hes on the board at #32 i think the steelers take him cause hes the best player available. i dont think they will be drafting for need this year. this isnt the year, to address their needs, without them making a trade in any direction.

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
If White is still on the board at #32, I'll eat my own foot via webcast.

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
If White is still on the board at #32, I'll eat my own foot via webcast.trade up for white then? assuming white, lawson, carpenter (people who might not even make it out of the top 20) are gone,

i really i think the best value for the steelers pick is to threaten to draft somebody the jets really covet. this would depend on mangold still being there or us threatening to take the best available rb's (if only 3 have been taken). use their pick to get a safety. use the extra pick to move up again in the 3rd or possibly 2nd.

Ambridge
04-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Police didn't know what prompted the fight.....

If it's typical of the Denny's I've been too I'll bet the fight started over the bad service and even worse food. :grin:

Something tells me the Panthers FO must be collectively smiling ear to ear while the Bears execs must be saying in unison "Oh Shit"!!

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I've been reading so many mock drafts and player bio's, I'm starting to want to slick my hair back and pretend I know what's up ala that arrogant ass Mel Kiper.

Ambridge
04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I've been reading so many mock drafts and player bio's, I'm starting to want to slick my hair back and pretend I know what's up ala that arrogant ass Mel Kiper.

I change the channel anytime I see or hear Mel Kiper.
Pat Kirwin seems to know what's going on so I like to follow his pre-draft analysis and opinions.

Suitanim
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Pat Kirwin seems to know what's going on so I like to follow his pre-draft analysis and opinions.

(In my best Mel Kiper Voice): No, I don't like Kirwan. His times are good, and he's a character guy, but his stock is slipping according to me...and I'm the draft guy, so Listen up!

tony hipchest
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Pat Kirwin seems to know what's going on so I like to follow his pre-draft analysis and opinions. i used to think kiper was the man. probably because of the job he had that i so envied. after hearing the likes of kirwan and brandt (already having followed their articles on nfl.com), who have paid their dues, lived it from the other side, and seem to devote many more hours to their craft, i can see why kiper seems more and more like d. rosenhaus every year. kirwan was stating today how he will have scouting depts call him just to find out how different interviews with players went. them 2 probably have as many inside sources as mortenson or clayton, and far more experience with the draft and free agency.

Ambridge
04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Can the Bears pull the offer or is it too late?

I'm not 100% sure but the only way the deal could be nixed is if Carolina were to match the Bears offer sheet........and I don't know if time has expired on the Panthers to make the match or not.

Manning Jr. is a Bear and I'm sure Chicago might be wondering if they got more than what they bargained for in this deal.