PDA

View Full Version : (sarcasm) Ravens keep on getting screwed by refs

ETL
01-16-2011, 11:20 AM
According to their fans, the Ravens have been screwed in ALL seven losses to Big Ben including ALL the playoff losses. In fact, they are 100% sure they would have won each and every one of those games if it were not for some refs call.

Post after post on their fan sites point towards this undeniable fact. Even former players like the well spoken and clear enunciating Shannon Sharpe cite this oddity.

I couldn't believe it myself. Wow, all seven! How can one team be so unlucky? They must have ticked someone off in the front office to keep on getting picked on. Or by pure chance, if we assume that one in 10 games are actually decided by a bad call, the odds of this happening to the ravens is one in ten million! How unlucky. Those poor fans. At least they have Baltimore. Thank God they live in such a safe city like Baltimore where the crime rate is soooo low.

Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.

Wow, one in 10 million chance that this could happen to a team and it just happens to be the Ravens. Now why don't the announcers talk more about this rare stat?

skinart82
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I love when they make excuses like this. Besides, who actually had more penalties for more yards? And what about the call on Ward to start the game? Guess those don't count as bad calls against us! They just need to shut up and lick there wounds!

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Just like Seasquawk fans. Can't except the fact that they were beat by a better team with a better franchise QB.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I really prefer the time to draft a QB, flacco sucks posts myself.

wnyBob
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, kind of like when Ward got the flag for the Raven hanging on his facemask. They weren't complaining on that call. lol

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
the ravens have never comitted a penalty in their entire life.

in other news, "God's linebacker" never plead GUILT to obstruction of justice.

TRH
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
what about all the penalties they committed that WEREN'T called? What do those fans have to say about those?

jjpro11
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
**** the Ravens.. their fans take after their whiny coach.

wootawnee
01-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I really prefer the time to draft a QB, flacco sucks posts myself.

Flacco is a Phoney......Good regular Season QB......But he has no fire under his ass to lead in the real battles.....I said this from day one.......They need to get rid of the bum if they want to win a title in our division............Why do you think he left Pitt?......No fire.........

WeegiesWarriors
01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I only thought one penalty went our way. The defensive holding penalty on the goal line at the end. Actually that was a penalty, but I also thought there was blatant holding on us that went uncalled on the same play. Other than that I didn't see a one-sided penalty fest.

ESPN jaggoffs led by Chris "way past his prime" Berman were saying that have no idea what the penalty was on their punt return TD. Looked like the me the jersey was being torn off the body and if he wasn't holding the Steeler would have easily gotten off the block and made the tackle. Good call imo.

grward
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a question about penalties. Someone please tell me why the Effbirds didn't get a personal foul when Ben fumbled the ball. He was clobbered in the head ... clearly clobbered in the head. Where was the flag on that? And if that wasn't a penalty, can someone explain to me why it wasn't?

And I'm sick of that team NEVER taking any responsibility for their losses. They'll NEVER be winners unless they find fault with what they do and correct their OWN mistakes. Eff them birds!

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Flacco is a Phoney......Good regular Season QB......But he has no fire under his ass to lead in the real battles.....I said this from day one.......They need to get rid of the bum if they want to win a title in our division............Why do you think he left Pitt?......No fire.........

I just read this post on ravens24x7.

Bisciotti needs to make a trip to all the ivy league schools with his checkbook...

We need to fund studies to figure out...

HOW THE **** CAN WE BEAT PITTSBURGH?

Because we sure can't figure it out on our own.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

and another

No, we all know it was a curse!

We need to get a witch doctor on our team so we can reverse curses and then curse the Steelers.

:chuckle::rofl:

SteelCityRules
01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Great post! ^

Yes, I did see some calls that could have or should have gone against us. Same the other way. Besides Harrison still being held on almost every play & no call, I'm trying not to sound too whiny myself when I say, still, helmet to helmet is apparently usually only called AGAINST the Steelers, not FOR them. Okay, pout done. lol

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Also, In all their games, their players did not make one mistake ... Not one! And their coaches never called a bad play ... Not one! Gosh darn it, if it weren't for those darn refs, they would be in 7 super bowls by now and won them all.

Lol, I hate to ruin the vibe here, but you obviously suffer from selective reading because their fans have been blaming everyone from the front office, to the coaches, to Flacco. So far, on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens forum I've seen Harbaugh called Scrubaugh; Flacco called Joe the Retard and Succo; Ozzie called a crackhead; the list goes on............

steelax04
01-16-2011, 02:10 PM
And don't forget the no call on the Tom Brady rule the play before the fumble... Suggs went right for Ben's knees.

Ravens Den
01-16-2011, 02:40 PM
According to their fans, the Ravens have been screwed in ALL seven losses to Big Ben including ALL the playoff losses. In fact, they are 100% sure they would have won each and every one of those games if it were not for some refs call.

Post after post on their fan sites point towards this undeniable fact. Even former players like the well spoken and clear enunciating Shannon Sharpe cite this oddity.

I couldn't believe it myself. Wow, all seven! How can one team be so unlucky? They must have ticked someone off in the front office to keep on getting picked on. Or by pure chance, if we assume that one in 10 games are actually decided by a bad call, the odds of this happening to the ravens is one in ten million! How unlucky. Those poor fans. At least they have Baltimore. Thank God they live in such a safe city like Baltimore where the crime rate is soooo low.

Wow, one in 10 million chance that this could happen to a team and it just happens to be the Ravens. Now why don't the announcers talk more about this rare stat?

i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.

ETL
01-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Lol, I hate to ruin the vibe here, but you obviously suffer from selective reading because their fans have been blaming everyone from the front office, to the coaches, to Flacco. So far, on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens forum I've seen Harbaugh called Scrubaugh; Flacco called Joe the Retard and Succo; Ozzie called a crackhead; the list goes on............

I know there are posts about getting rid of Flacco and Harbaugh but the inordinate amount of posts blaming the refs are mind boggling. You should see the game day thread. Every other is a "refs screwed us post".

But I've seen this when we beat the Seahawks and the cardinals as well. However, I don't see it a lot on this board when we lose.

They blame the refs so much I am surprised people still watch football in Baltimore. You know: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If they believe with so much heart that the refs will automatically screw them, then why watch...again?!?!

The truth is of course, they are just upset and need someone to blame and Refs are an easy easy target. The mark of a loser team is a fan base that constantly blames the refs.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.

It certainly is possible, there's only one way too find out. But given your track record with predictions on this board I like our chances. Enjoy the off-season!

ETL
01-16-2011, 02:52 PM

R u fukcing stupid or do you just have a disability that prevents you from reading? You to ANY ravens message board and pick ANY message and you will see something about blaming the refs.

Even your apologists Shannon Sharpe and Chris Berman (so jealous of the Steelers as a Boy I Love Losing Superbowls fan) were whining about the refs.

Sorry dude, deny it all you want but your fan base has a bad habit of whining about the refs. Even your most respected beat writer Ken Van Valkenburg wrote this today in the Sun:

"I'll never, ever be one of those people who buy into this idea that the referees are screwing the Ravens. In fact, I hate that attitude. It reflects one of my least favorite things about Baltimore, this whiny belief that no one wants to see the city succeed, and that the failures of its sports teams are always someone else's fault. The Ravens lost this game because they had an epic meltdown on offense in the third quarter, not because of any one call made by the officials."

Can u read? Especially the part where he wrote "one of my least favorite things about Baltimore"?

ETL
01-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Here's a classic post made by a ravens fan during the 2nd half. Instead of calling out the players for poor play, this is what he's worried about

"Did anyone else see Mike Tomlin wink at the ref's right before the start of the second half (I'm not joking, the cameras clearly caught it)."

Never knew the refs could be bought so easy. Just a wink is all it takes.

GMU Steeler
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
It comes from their players. Ray Lewis never accepts responsibility himself when their team loses, it's always someone else's fault. I'll give Suggs credit for admitting that they lost the game though Suggs was a bright spot in their D yesterday. Their fans are simply jealous of us and Baltimore and Baltimorians are known for their inferoirity complex. In a way, I feel kinda bad for them but then again it's hard to when they make rapistberger jokes when they have Ray Lewis, Dante Stallwroth, and otehrs.

welder4pit
01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
i dont know what site your looking out, The Refs didnt help. it was the OFFENSE that gave you the game. im going to leave it at that. But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.We will see about that. . . But one thing for sure it wasnt handed to us from the worthless effing ratbirds. Now you have to crawl up bradys skirt and hope another team beats us. That is priceless LMFAO! :rofl: :tt04:

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Heh. What else is new? They do this every year when they either choke in the playoffs, or miss the postseason altogether. I think I have met TWO Ravens fans in my life that didn't bitch like idiots when their precious team loses a game.

ETL
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Heh. What else is new? They do this every year when they either choke in the playoffs, or miss the postseason altogether. I think I have met TWO Ravens fans in my life that didn't bitch like idiots when their precious team loses a game.

that two more than I know

blkngld4ever
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM

So thats the second game you guys "GAVE US" they need to quit doing that:chuckle:

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
So thats the second game you guys "GAVE US" they need to quit doing that:chuckle:

You would really think they would get tired of giving us games.

Third Rail
01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
that two more than I know

lol

ETL
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Read this piece of crap posted by some Raven's Fan:

I am not jealous or envioius. Your team sucks but has the refs in their pocket. That is the only way you win games along with more lucky breaks humanly possible. I really don't see that much talent on your team to win it all. Hell, the Packers, Ravens, Atlanta, NE and even the Jets on paper are much better. None of those teams need cheating refs, home games and lucky breaks to win.

The psychology of a Raven's Fan must be studied - I bet scientists can write paper after paper about it. Very similar to a 5 year old kid.

1. Its never your fault that something bad happens. it would be too severe to admit that you were not good enough. To compensate - some thing external needs to be identified as the cause. No matter how elaborate - if the pieces can somewhat fit, a story will be fabricated to ease your mind. For example: "The Steelers have paid off the league and the refs to that they guarantee that the Steelers always win" yes, that's the ticket. That explains why Boldin and TJ dropped the balls. That explains why the Cardinals defense allowed Ben and the Steelers to drive 90 yards for a winning TD. That explains why the Seahawks offense basically sucked in Super Bowl XL.

2. Not only is this fabricated story enough but in your feeble mind - you need to say (as a fact) that the Steelers are not really that good. You've even come up with a ranking system to sound intelligent in your argument. But the truth is that you really wish this was the truth. Just like an orphan that wishes he had real parents that were rich ... its just a dream, isn't it

So to summarize, a Raven's fan must use all these compensating mechanisms:

1. Denial - "I'm not jealous"
2. Anger - "your team sucks"
3. Fabrication - "has the refs in your pocket"
4. Selective Blindness - "I really don't see that much talent on your team"
5. Loss of reasoning - "...on paper are much better " - now when's the last time anyone in the NFL gave a flying fcuk about who was better on paper

I think changing loyalties to become a Steeler fan would be a nice cure for such individuals.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
its standard procedure on ratbird boards to make a ref whining thread before the games even start ....:noidea:

the steelers could have 15 penalties for 200 yds and the ratbirds could have 1 penalty for 10 yds and they'd still whine that the refs cheated them and that 1 penalty cost them the game.
i just laugh at how pathetic they are....:sofunny:

colescott1
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
But hey its all good, you guys will get your ass handed to you from the pats.

Hmmm.... I don't think the Pats will come close to beating us next week. :hatsoff:

Phade
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
go check out the forum.. preferably the game thread..

TwoJacks
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
It says something about a franchise, its fans, and its beat reporters when they dedicate an entire page to photos to remembering a rival's losses to teams other than themselves:

Cryin' in their Towels: Steelers' Losses (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-memorable-steelers-losses-pg,0,5695258.photogallery)

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
here's a classic response from a steeler fan to a ratbird thread....:sofunny:

Will the Pitt trolls show after they lose I want to see them on here after they get beat but we know that will not happen

If the Steelers lose I will show up and post. In keeping with the forum tradition I will blame the refs for the loss, claim the Steelers are vastly superior to the team they lost to, say the NFL is fixed, and demand that they fire the coaches and trade all the players. I almost forgot I have to make lame insults about New York, its residents and Jets fans. Sound good?