PDA

View Full Version : Ben's brand new play action passes

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
has anyone mentionned this?

did anyone even notice it?

there were several plays where ben feigned the handoff to the back and then instead of rolling out to simulate the handoff motion, he quickly spun around and immediately threw the ball to the opposite side of the field.

this is stolen directly from tom bradys play book. infact, i think brady is about the only qb who does this on a regular basis.

kudos for the steelers (couldnt be arians could it) seeing something that works and adopting it for themselves.

thats called innovation, and that willingness to try new tricks is a good sign (kinda like when the patriots stole the trick play we used vs the bengals in the 05 playoffs).

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
We know it wasn't Arians because he's too stupid and stubborn to try anything different or go with a short pass.:blah: Not to mention that he couldn't design a decent play if the lives of his family depended on it.

wootawnee
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
has anyone mentionned this?

did anyone even notice it?

there were several plays where ben feigned the handoff to the back and then instead of rolling out to simulate the handoff motion, he quickly spun around and immediately threw the ball to the opposite side of the field.

this is stolen directly from tom bradys play book. infact, i think brady is about the only qb who does this on a regular basis.

kudos for the steelers (couldnt be arians could it) seeing something that works and adopting it for themselves.

thats called innovation, and that willingness to try new tricks is a good sign (kinda like when the patriots stole the trick play we used vs the bengals in the 05 playoffs).

Correction.....This was stolen from Bill Walsh"s playbook......

Rick5895
01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Beter late than never to add these wrinkles.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Correction.....This was stolen from Bill Walsh"s playbook......good call.

after thinking about it, i do remember montana doing that quite a bit.

anyone else think this is signifacant that ben (and the offense) is adapting and trying new things.

this is less than a week after arians speaks (...:doh:...) and says they dont change nothing in the playbook.

grward
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Maybe Airhead was not wanting to show his hand to the Effbirds. It's possible he was bluffing when he said they were not going to try anything new. And it looks like the Effbirds D believed him!

steelax04
01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Might be the same plays... just working in some different timing on the same stuff.

pete74
01-16-2011, 02:25 PM
regardless of were we got it i love it and hope we use it next week.