PDA

View Full Version : I Told You Guys, Ziggy'z Here to Stay!!!

wootawnee
01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Ziggy got all the confidence/experience he needs to hold down the starting job..........

.Any objections/acknowledgments?.......

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 02:33 PM
ziggy's really turned things up a notch toward the end of the season and has been a beast. he will be the starter next year. would be cool if we could keep smith for depth, but i'm not sure how well being a backup will sit with him.

TRH
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM
i've been saying that for awhile now too......Hood is not only here to stay and start...but could be one of th premier D-Linemen in football

pete74
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
i said the same thing a few weeks ago. even if smith was healthy i wouldnt replace hood with him. hood is better at getting up field and is just as good at stopping the run. hood is our new anchor. now we need a good nt and were set

wootawnee
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
i said the same thing a few weeks ago. even if smith was healthy i wouldnt replace hood with him. hood is better at getting up field and is just as good at stopping the run. hood is our new anchor. now we need a good nt and were set

Haloti Ngata is a free agent.......Imagine what that would be like........

ben2hines=6
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
a healthy smith is better than ziggy hood will ever be in our defensive scheme

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I like Ziggy but he should replace Keisel if Smith can play. Smith is better than both of them when healthy. Whether he will ever be healthy again is the key.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 09:08 PM
He looked terrible when he first started when Smith was injured, but I'm glad he's starting to look like a worthy 1st round pick.

I like Ziggy but he should replace Keisel if Smith can play. Smith is better than both of them when healthy. Whether he will ever be healthy again is the key

The way Keisel is playing, I don't think it would even be smart to take Kiesel out of the game for him. Smith and Ziggy will get a lot of rotations because Smith obviously wont be anywhere close to 100%
Next season will be a different story.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I really think Smith has something with do with this, but any who props to Hood and props to Colbert. Colbert saw something in this guy that no one else did. Colbert is excellent in choosing young guys. I don't think you can blame him for Sweed.

Hood better come up big next week though. Get Sanchez out of sync.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I like Ziggy but he should replace Keisel if Smith can play. Smith is better than both of them when healthy. Whether he will ever be healthy again is the key.

not this year

steeltheone
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I am the original overrated Smith guy...If you replace Hood with an out of game shape 35 yr old Smith..Its just nuts.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I was calling Hood a bust after Smith went down this year. He has since then proven me wrong.

I honestly don't know if even a healthy Aaron Smith is as good as the Ziggy Hood I saw yesterday. In our system, we don't normally expect DE's to generate pressure on the opposing QB-- they are there to eat up blockers, stopping the run, and allow the LBers to do their thing.

Hood was generating pressure and collapsing the pocket so that Joe Sacko couldn't step up to avoid Woodely and Silverback coming around the edges. He was a beast yesterday....just took a couple seasons to learn Lebeau's complicated fire zone system. The LBers forced the runner inside, where Ziggy and Diesel were waiting to make the stop in the backfield on many plays.

With the threat of Ziggy, Silverback, and Woodley (and even Timmons) and the success we have been having playing tighter pass coverage, I feel sorry for opposing QBs...our defense is gonna wipe their dongs off on Jabba and his pet Sanchize next week, and then Aaron Rodgers two weeks after.

With our offense finally finding some new life in Sanders and Brown, and the defense playing 'destroy', I don't see any of the teams left being able to stop us. If we do go down, it will be because of our Oline, or lack thereof-- that's the only weakness this team has right now.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

pancake
01-16-2011, 11:19 PM
I started a thread about how you never see Ziggy in on a play, about 2 or 3 weeks after Smith's injury, but he has really stepped up. If Smith comes back, I see a great 3 man rotation.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I started a thread about how you never see Ziggy in on a play, about 2 or 3 weeks after Smith's injury, but he has really stepped up. If Smith comes back, I see a great 3 man rotation.

I think that would be the best thing to do. Rotate players on and off the field so the Defense can stay as fresh as it possibly can.

BengalDestroyer
01-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Zig had a good game, I want to see another....

pete74
01-17-2011, 05:16 AM
no way in hell would i replace hood with smith. hood is just as good but will be better

Curtain_of_Steel
01-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Keisel is not going anywhere. And last I checked the run def was better after Smith was gone. Can't dispute holding the Ravens to 35 yards? 28 total in the 2nd half? Ziggy is here to stay for the next 8-10 years

Smith can come back at a discount for depth and rotating fresh legs. But the Steelers aren't loyal to what you have done yesterday, its what you can do today.Ziggy has done did it, lol

But based on when Steelers cut people in the past they are definately seeing that 4.5mill as money usable for Woodley and Ike.

scsteeler
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Ziggy Hood has really stepped his game up in the playoffs. I hope he keeps this up and gets pressure on the QB which will free up a LB to wreak havoc.

wootawnee
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Keisel is not going anywhere. And last I checked the run def was better after Smith was gone. Can't dispute holding the Ravens to 35 yards? 28 total in the 2nd half? Ziggy is here to stay for the next 8-10 years

Smith can come back at a discount for depth and rotating fresh legs. But the Steelers aren't loyal to what you have done yesterday, its what you can do today.Ziggy has done did it, lol

But based on when Steelers cut people in the past they are definately seeing that 4.5mill as money usable for Woodley and Ike.

You got that right.......3rd best all time since stats were kept.......

steelers33
01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I was calling Hood a bust after Smith went down this year. He has since then proven me wrong.

I honestly don't know if even a healthy Aaron Smith is as good as the Ziggy Hood I saw yesterday. In our system, we don't normally expect DE's to generate pressure on the opposing QB-- they are there to eat up blockers, stopping the run, and allow the LBers to do their thing.

Hood was generating pressure and collapsing the pocket so that Joe Sacko couldn't step up to avoid Woodely and Silverback coming around the edges. He was a beast yesterday....just took a couple seasons to learn Lebeau's complicated fire zone system. The LBers forced the runner inside, where Ziggy and Diesel were waiting to make the stop in the backfield on many plays.

With the threat of Ziggy, Silverback, and Woodley (and even Timmons) and the success we have been having playing tighter pass coverage, I feel sorry for opposing QBs...our defense is gonna wipe their dongs off on Jabba and his pet Sanchize next week, and then Aaron Rodgers two weeks after.

With our offense finally finding some new life in Sanders and Brown, and the defense playing 'destroy', I don't see any of the teams left being able to stop us. If we do go down, it will be because of our Oline, or lack thereof-- that's the only weakness this team has right now.

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

And our o-line has been playing better, a lot of those sacks where on Ben which is the way he plays. Our o-line should not have to much problems with the Jets. Were definitely going to have to shut down Ellis but that is doable. Besides him they have no outside pass rush whatsoever unless they bring a blitz, which in that case Brown and Sanders should feast. Now if we get to the Super Bowl it will be a different story facing Matthews or Peppers.