PDA

View Full Version : For the Arians bashers/haters and those on the fence

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm curious who you think is a realistic replacement for Arians? Y'all seem to have a phenomenal football acumen so let's see your suggestions as opposed to the usual Arians sucks. From reading opposing teams game day threads it would seem that there isn't a decent oc in the league.

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I have a wad of chewing gum stuck under my chair right now that I think might work out pretty well for us.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 04:44 PM
c'mon ric... chewing gum is to predictable...how about this guy ? he just reeks of genius

http://www.youdontsay.org/Monkey03.jpg

ETL
01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not a big Arians hater but I do have a big gripe.

He knows that our OL is weak. And if they are getting beat time and time again - we need plays that are really quick throws.

We need about 10 different variations of quick throws that we can go to if our OL is playing poorly .

It seems that our offense is not properly prepared to execute these short passes

MACH1
01-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm curious who you think is a realistic replacement for Arians? Y'all seem to have a phenomenal football acumen so let's see your suggestions as opposed to the usual Arians sucks. From reading opposing teams game day threads it would seem that there isn't a decent oc in the league.

A bag of hammers.

Buddha Bus
01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Tim Lumber.

EDIT: Ooops! Sorry Mach. I see you already suggested him. :chuckle:

mikegrimey
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM

You're right. Every time I talk to a team who's offense isn't putting up 30 plus a game the first person to be damned is the OC.

harrison'samonster
01-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I can't tell wether it's the play calling or poor execution, but it seems like our offense is so inconsistent and underperforms considering the talent we have.

There are many factors, including injuries to the O-line, Roethlisberger missing 4 games, developing rookie wr's. I don't particularly like Arians, but I'd be willing to see what he can do next year with all the pieces put together (if that's possible).

Maybe Wisenhunt will want his old job back if ARZ has another year like this one.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm not a big Arians hater but I do have a big gripe.

He knows that our OL is weak. And if they are getting beat time and time again - we need plays that are really quick throws.

We need about 10 different variations of quick throws that we can go to if our OL is playing poorly .

It seems that our offense is not properly prepared to execute these short passesthey were yesterday.

they unveiled some new wrinkles.

i was hoping norv turner would be fired, and wouldnt have been opposed to charlie weiss if he wasnt going to the gators.

last year somebody suggested the panthers OC (cant remember his name). it wasnt a bad suggestion.

i do think arians has done enough to improve and will probably be rewarded with a contract offer from the rooneys.

ricardisimo
01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
There's always that octopus in Germany that did such a fine job during the World Cup...

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I can't tell wether it's the play calling or poor execution, but it seems like our offense is so inconsistent and underperforms considering the talent we have.

There are many factors, including injuries to the O-line, Roethlisberger missing 4 games, developing rookie wr's. I don't particularly like Arians, but I'd be willing to see what he can do next year with all the pieces put together (if that's possible).

Maybe Wisenhunt will want his old job back if ARZ has another year like this one.

If I remember correctly Ben and Wiz didn't exactly see eye to eye.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
There's always that octopus in Germany that did such a fine job during the World Cup...

He's dead and he took our last chance of a good offense with him.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM

lmao :sofunny:

he died about 2 months ago.

for real.

MattsMe
01-16-2011, 05:35 PM
lmao :sofunny:

he died about 2 months ago.

for real.

How does being dead make him any worse than Arians?

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
good point.

touche'

i think his name was claude.

how bout octomom?

MattsMe
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
If her kids can play offensive line, I'd be all for it.

I'm afraid just being on the same field with Ben would leave her knocked up again though.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I think Arians has some genuis in him, like someone else said, 28 other teams fans hate their OC's.
The thing I hate about Arians is those stupid bubble screens and his coaching ability. Players seemed lost sometimes, like when he teaches them the plays, he isn't clear enough for them

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I think Arians has some genuis in him, lke someone else said, 28 other teams fans hate their OC's.
The thing I hate about Arians is those stupid bubble screens and his coaching ability. Players seemed lost sometimes, like when he teaches them the plays, he isn't clear enough for them

It's very well hidden!

fer522
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
i think Ben needs to take over the offense a lot more
have the freedom to call his own plays when he feels like it
and may be just maybe we can keep this foo

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I never would have thought that out of all the Arians bashers that not one of them could come up with a realistic suggestion.

SteelCityMom
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
There have been lots of serious suggestions (Turner, Weis, even Zorn...and some others), they're just buried in a dead thread somewhere lol.

MACH1
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM

It died.

MACH1
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
good point.

touche'

i think his name was claude.

how bout octomom?

Squidward.

Sixburgher
01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I never would have thought that out of all the Arians bashers that not one of them could come up with a realistic suggestion.

They rarely do.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
It died.

i'd take a dead squid over arians

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
No idea. I just despise Arians and his stupid playcalling (bubble screen, lack of RB screens, running on 1st AND 2nd down for 2 yards, etc.) But they have looked better the last couple of games so perhaps he is getting better as well. I just hate those long pass plays over and over (especially with an empty backfield set) over and over with this atrociously beat up O-line. Throw quick slants and some RB screens in there to slow the rush down.