PDA

View Full Version : What is Tom Brady Drinking/Smelling???

steelers2685
01-16-2011, 05:43 PM
CBS has shown two images now during the game of Tom Brady drinking something out of a clear bottle rather than the standard sideline Gatorade cups. At the beginning of the game, he was sniffing something out of a Gatorade cup... any ideas??? :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
semen most likely...:noidea:

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
CBS has shown two images now during the game of Tom Brady drinking something out of a clear bottle rather than the standard sideline Gatorade cups. At the beginning of the game, he was sniffing something out of a Gatorade cup... any ideas??? :coffee:

I saw that as well. My only thought was that it might have been smelling salts.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 05:50 PM
could be logan mankins ball sweat ...:toofunny:

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
could be logan mankins ball sweat ...:toofunny:

Didn't really seem like he was enjoying it enough for that.:toofunny:

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I heard he's still really sick, so it could be hot tea or something.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
I heard he's still really sick, so it could be hot tea or something.

He was sniffing repeatedly out of a crumpled gatorade cup.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 06:12 PM
He was sniffing repeatedly out of a crumpled gatorade cup.

Salt or anything that has a very strong spell that can clear your nose... Could be horse raddish for all I know. I really doubt he's doing cocaine or anything lol.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Didn't really seem like he was enjoying it enough for that.:toofunny:
well of course he likes it a lot better fresh, straight from the tap.

PalmCoastSteelerFan
01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
This link might explain it.....

http://generationysports.com/?p=5333

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
I was watching a game this year, can't remember who it was, where a kicker was sniffing something out of a capsule right on the field before kicking off. The TV announcers were even commenting on it. He did this, at least, before 2 kickoffs.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Tom Brady Says He Was Sniffing Ammonia

In a radio interview Monday, Brady confirmed that it was ammonia, or smelling salts, saying: “We all do it. It’s kind of a receiver and quarterback thing.”

The Florida Times-Union published an article in 2005 detailing widespread use of ammonia among N.F.L. players as a way to clear nasal passages and as a pick-me-up:

Players say in the majority of instances they are used as a performance enhancer, providing a powerful punch to propel them through rough practices and brutal games. Once the rush wears off, players open a new cartridge and take another whiff.

The practice is not against N.F.L. rules, but doctors were quoted in the article as saying that frequent use could be a potential health risk. A spokesman for a company that made the ammonia capsules was quoted as saying: “Don’t they know that using them that way is not how they are supposed to be used? That is not recommended.”

The game drew a huge TV rating, and the sight of Brady sniffing ammonia may not have been the greatest example for young players, some of whom could be tempted to emulate him.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/tom-brady-says-he-was-sniffing-ammonia/?ref=sports

Brady does say something else

How long will it take you to get over the loss?

You never get over losses. I’ve never gotten over one loss I’ve had in my career. They always stick with me. Some teams play and they only make the playoffs and that’s a hell of a year. That’s not what the Patriots are all about.

Substitute Steelers for Patriots and I would expect a similar quote from Hines Ward, Ben, or Troy

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah...you see hockey players doing this a lot too on the bench. Nothing new really.

Though I do agree with MOP about what was in the cup....it was most likely semen.

Pentheon
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
lmao they look like some dope fiends in that video, brady lookin all down n shit then handin it off...

damn snaps these days

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
How is this NOT Illegal ? Or at least frowned on by Goodell ? I mean look at what the below link says it can do to you....really stupid. I bet if Ben, or Harrison were shown doing it, there would already be fines/and or suspensions :-)

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-would-happen-if-you-sniff-ammonia