PDA

View Full Version : WELCOME JETS!!!!

SoCalFan
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Well,the jets at home it will be!!!:tt03:

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Well,the jets at home it will be!!!:tt03:

Here's to destroying the jets at home for a shot at #7!!!

blkngld4ever
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Does anyone else think the jets are the luckiest team in NFL? Ive been watching closely at this team all year and I cant believe their luck. they almost win by teams that dont show up to games as seen by todays patriots and when we lost.

SoCalFan
01-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I feel the same way!I have a great feeling the real Steelers will show up next week!

roopdawg
01-16-2011, 08:08 PM
It is really quiet here in Central Massachusetts! I just opened my front door and let out a Boo Ya for the whole neighborhood! Here we go Steelers!

wutchy
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Jets won with single man coverage. They gave up some catches, but not enough to lose the game.
They did get lucky in the turnover department tho.
They got pressure on Brady with bull rushes, not line stunts. Hats off to the big studs on the jets d-line.
Brady got hit and Brady got riled. He is like a girl when he takes hits.

Steelers are going to face man coverage next week, and have to slow down that jets rush some.
Ben is going to have to use a lot of play action roll outs.

Sanchez is their weak link. We'll need a few picks.

The Packers looked awesome. Rogers was dropping back and throwing before pressure could get to him. It was a west coast offenseive show.

I'm hoping for a Bears / Steelers super bowl.

kirklandrules
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I have a feeling the Steelers D will provide a welcome to the Jets next week. Filthy Sanchez won't be given the time next week that he had today.

Rick5895
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
The Jets beat the Cheats and the Colts, niether team plays particularly good defense. We have the best D in the league in points against and pass rush and #2 in yards. In our first meeting with these guys we DID NOT have Troy, or Heath.
The Jets will be a very tough out, but make no mistake they will be an out.
Steelers will win 24- 13

Raw Steel
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Bart Scott just embarrassed himself on ESPN. Talking about how nobody respects their defense. Then says everyone was talking about the Pats defense. Who the heck was talking about the Pats defense?

wutchy
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Thats the score that I had in mind. 24-13

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think the jets are the luckiest team in NFL? Ive been watching closely at this team all year and I cant believe their luck. they almost win by teams that dont show up to games as seen by todays patriots and when we lost.
Rex Ryan came up with brilliant plans to beat Manning and Brady in two consecutive weeks in THEIR respective houses.

Come on, dude. Not luck.

SoCalFan
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Ben is such a sandlot guy,good luck with coming up with a "plan"!!!

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM

Quite the ironic statement when the Jets beat him less than a month ago.

ZoneBlitzer
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm concerned. It's the play of the Steelers defensive line that will be key. Can the Steelers protect Ben? Ben can't turn the ball over again. The Steelers have to be able to move the ball as well.

The play of the special teams is also a concern. The defense once again is going to have carry the day.

4xSBChamps
01-16-2011, 09:26 PM
The defense once again is going to have carry the day.

with the Steelers, that's a given.
:thumbsup:

LukesDad88
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Can somebody hook Tone up with celebratory welcome home baggie next week?

MikeHaullace
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Quite the ironic statement when the Jets beat him less than a month ago.

1.) There is nothing ironic about it.

2.) It's a complete different ballgame when Polamalu on the field.

Deserei90
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
1.) There is nothing ironic about it.

2.) It's a complete different ballgame when Polamalu on the field.Don't forget about Heeeeaaaaaaaathhhhh!!! And did you see how big Ryan Clark is stepping up? I can't wait for this game.

ZoneBlitzer
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Rex Ryan came up with brilliant plans to beat Manning and Brady in two consecutive weeks in THEIR respective houses.

Come on, dude. Not luck.

I agree. When you beat Manning and Brady, you're doing something right.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I agree. When you beat Manning and Brady, you're doing something right.

shonn greene and ladanian tomlinson beat them. highly doubtful they get the same success running the ball on us.

i don't care if you have joe montana in his prime playing at qb, if you can't stop the run, your chances of winning go WAY down.

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
We can score points on this Jets D. After coming back to score 24 unanswered points against a Ravens D in a game where it's low-scoring 99% of the time, we are primed more than ever. The Jets left all of their emotion to beat N.E. We are just getting started.

I like a score right now to be 27-10 Stillers.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 03:49 AM
I agree!That was an emotional win for the jets.Im sure even some of there players did not think they would get past the pats.I think we have a more veteran group and it will show!Our D will not allow more than 13.Steelers 24 jets 13...

blkngld4ever
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
socalfan I have to say your bike is one sweet mean lookin machine.

SteelWolf62
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM

Damn, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

GermericanSteelerFan
01-17-2011, 10:47 AM
The Jets have also been getting away with holding in the defensive secondary. It was obvious to the announcers in the Steelers game, and the Colts game. For some reason, the refs are "turning their heads" when Cromartie holds.

LukesDad88
01-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Ok, so the Jets can cover two guys. What about when we spread the field with Sanders and Brown in as well? That's the key. Our receiving corps is much stronger across the board than the Colts and the Pats. Heath is as good or better than any of the TE's the Jets have faced the last two weeks.

As far as their pass rush, most of their sacks on Brady yesterday were coverage sacks.

I feel good about our chances.

scsteeler
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM

The Jet's may have some luck on their side but they beat the Colts & The Patiots no doubt. Most people felt that the Winner of the Steelers/Raven Game would win it all. Now its time for the Steelers to prove this True.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I think tho momentum is on our side.The jets will be drained and feel flat after a couple big hits!

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I believe this game will come down to the offense, taking pressure off the defense, sustaining long drives and pounding the jets from pillar to post.. Then allowing the defense to pound Sanchez and return the ball to Big Ben and company.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I believe this game will come down to the offense, taking pressure off the defense, sustaining long drives and pounding the jets from pillar to post.. Then allowing the defense to pound Sanchez and return the ball to Big Ben and company.

Honestly? I think the awful play of the Jets offense and knowing a second year QB is still running their reigns will take "pressure off our defense." Last game, the Jets came out with a vanilla offense and seriously just kept in it by not making any mistakes and taking care of the special teams battle. They are going to simply rely on Mark Sanchez to open up and I just don't see him beating this defense if if comes to it. Aaron Rodgers? Maybe, but not Mark Sanchez. He's as in-accurate as it comes.