1. no Heath and Spaeth not being able to make that catch
2. Ben being Rusty early
3. Cromartie holding the whole game

But I had forgotten:

1. The opening KR for a TD
2. No Troy

This makes us even more confident.

:tt04:

Ben is 7-2 in the playoffs. The 2 losses...one was Rookie season...the other he almost won.

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
The no Troy is particularly finny because the Jets won't be able to run on the Steelers and Sanchez hasn't experienced Troy yet.

I'm rooting for the Bears to beat the Packers (they play before us).

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
dirty sanchez will throw 2-3 picks next week

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Negatives
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz

JCPsteelers
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Let's not get too overconfident. Offense was pretty bad in that game especially the OL. They need to pick it up against the Jets.

Defense played well enough to win without Troy P. Gave up 13 points. 7 were from kickoff, 2 from safety.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 07:04 PM
The best thing I think is that our two young WR's broke their cherries against the Ravens, and are really confident. And Ben is confident in them. So even IF Revis and Cromartie take on Hines and Wallace....who's goona cover those two speedsters ? I think it bolds well for us.

MattsMe
I had remembered
1. milk
2. eggs
3. fabric softener

But I had forgotten:

1. coffee
2. one of those jars of peanut butter with the jelly already mixed in

SteelKnight
dirty sanchez will throw 2-3 picks next week

I hope so. This time he was able to fall back on the run...next week will have a lot of 3 and outs. He just will not be able to simulate Troy in practice.

steel-EERS
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
brad smith was the guy that returned that opening kick off right? he was inactive today because of a groin injury, so maybe he doesn't play again. would be nice!

tanda10506
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Negatives
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz

Spot on.

The Jets looked good today so I don't want to get to confident. But with Troy in I think Sanchez will at least throw one interception. He doesn't do that great against the blitz either which we do well. Cromartie holding was the biggest factor in the game. Unbelievable, especially the 3rd to the final play we beat then for a touchdown and he stopped Sanders by his jersey alone. We can win this!

fer522
01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I had remembered
1. milk
2. eggs
3. fabric softener

But I had forgotten:

1. coffee
2. one of those jars of peanut butter with the jelly already mixed in

did you forget the beer :doh:

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Spot on.

The Jets looked good today so I don't want to get to confident. But with Troy in I think Sanchez will at least throw one interception. He doesn't do that great against the blitz either which we do well. Cromartie holding was the biggest factor in the game. Unbelievable, especially the 3rd to the final play we beat then for a touchdown and he stopped Sanders by his jersey alone. We can win this!

Ben needs to have the passes closer and the receiver needs to jump towards the ball and they will call some of those holds/PIs.

Hayeksheroes
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Safety in the endzone.

MattsMe
01-16-2011, 07:29 PM
did you forget the beer :doh:

Dammit! I knew there was something else.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Damn, I deleted the Steelers-Jets game from the dvr this morning. It would have been nice to go back and look at it again before next week.

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 08:16 PM
brad smith was the guy that returned that opening kick off right? he was inactive today because of a groin injury, so maybe he doesn't play again. would be nice!

Cromartie is pretty good with KRs. I've watched him the last two games so we still need to be on our toes.

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Damn, I deleted the Steelers-Jets game from the dvr this morning. It would have been nice to go back and look at it again before next week.

You can bet it will be replayed on NFL Network.

steelerohio
01-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Dammit! I knew there was something else.

What about chips? We need the chips too... and peanuts... :thumbsup:

MattsMe
01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
What about chips? We need the chips too... and peanuts... :thumbsup:

Ooh ooh! Can we get spanish peanuts?! I love those.

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
A kick return, a safety, Spaeth dropping 2 T.D catches without Heath Miller in the lineup and Sanchez and that stagnant Jets offense going for it on 4th and 1 with a Polamalu-ness defense.

No way I see the Jets taking it to us at home, no freakin way, no how. Their offense is beyond pathetic. I can't believe Gaydy coudn't come back and beat those guys. The Jets tried to keep them hanging around forever. It won't be pretty this time around, Ben is poised and ready, and so is Steelers Nation!!!!

stb_steeler
01-16-2011, 09:19 PM
I had remembered
1. no Heath and Spaeth not being able to make that catch
2. Ben being Rusty early
3. Cromartie holding the whole game

But I had forgotten:

1. The opening KR for a TD
2. No Troy

This makes us even more confident.

:tt04:

Ben is 7-2 in the playoffs. The 2 losses...one was Rookie season...the other he almost won.

Dont tell a jets fan that......they forget about that .....

stb_steeler
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
A kick return, a safety, Spaeth dropping 2 T.D catches without Heath Miller in the lineup and Sanchez and that stagnant Jets offense going for it on 4th and 1 with a Polamalu-ness defense.

No way I see the Jets taking it to us at home, no freakin way, no how. Their offense is beyond pathetic. I can't believe Gaydy coudn't come back and beat those guys. The Jets tried to keep them hanging around forever. It won't be pretty this time around, Ben is poised and ready, and so is Steelers Nation!!!!

U said it brother!!! :tt02:

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM

I agree. I'm almost GLAD we lost the regular season game. It will make them more focused and make them focus on not making silly mistakes. It's like a do-over. It'll force BA to come up with a new plan ...whereas if we had won, maybe he'd think we should stick to what works.

The loss just helps...especially since we beat ourselves.

I'm also glad Kemo did those stupid things early in the playoffs so Tomlin can correct him (and Ike) before the AFCC and SB.

SteelKnight
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Dont tell a jets fan that......they forget about that .....

LOL...Ben had no problems driving against the Jets...none. Even if we are down 14 in the 4th, we have a shot.

I'd like to use 4WR...after Revis and Cromartie, who do they have? Kyle Wilson? Any of our 4 WR should beat him 1 v 1 (except Ward). If they decide to keep the nickel and put a safety on a WR, mismatch.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
both sanders and wallace had a good game against them 7 catches each. (wallace 102 yds )
mendenhall had a nice game 17 / 99
ben was a bit off target but receivers were open
they were 11 / 17 ....64 % on 3rd down which is great
5.8 yds per rush attempt
they had about 100 yds more of offense than the jets.

pretty much the jets only offense was braylon edwards beating mostly mcfadden. for 8 catches and 100 yds.

actually other than ben missing receivers at times it was one of pittsburghs better offensive performances ...:noidea:
i feel pretty good about our chances.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 12:12 AM
both sanders and wallace had a good game against them 7 catches each. (wallace 102 yds )
mendenhall had a nice game 17 / 99
ben was a bit off target but receivers were open
they were 11 / 17 ....64 % on 3rd down which is great
5.8 yds per rush attempt
they had about 100 yds more of offense than the jets.

pretty much the jets only offense was braylon edwards beating mostly mcfadden. for 8 catches and 100 yds.

actually other than ben missing receivers at times it was one of pittsburghs better offensive performances ...:noidea:
i feel pretty good about our chances.

Yeah...Ward was sort of quiet. I hope he steps up this time. I don't know who was covering him...maybe Revis with the bad Hamstring. i did at times see Revis on Sanders...but maybe they switched up from time to time.

I'm feeling good. It would be so awesome to have 7 Superbowls and 3 wins in 6 years.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Doesnt matter if Smith plays or not. Anyone that can run can beat out kickoff special teams, lol. Plus I'm sure we will be squibbing, lol

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 02:25 PM
BTW...I rewatched the Jets game on NFL replay...great game. There were two balls that Mundy batted away or dropped that would have been picks if it was Troy...with at least 1 pick 6.

Then Spaeth dropped a couple heath may have caught...plus he interrupted the pas designed for Sanders on the second to last play and couldn't catch it.

Ben looked comfortable driving against the Jets...no problem.

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 02:29 PM
BTW Edwards was killing McFadden while Ike had a lock on Holmes. I think they played some man D in that game. We need one more good CB to complement Ike.

How are we ever going to know what Lewis and Butler have if they never play. I wish they could send them away to some practice league in the off season.