PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it seem like this was the Jets' Super Bowl?

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Rex Ryan ran down the field to celebrate in the endzone, most of the team ran out on the field like airplanes when time ran out, Edwards was doing backflips, LT was damn near in tears during a post game interview....... These guys wanted revenge soooooooooooo bad and they got it. It just seems to me like they're emotionally spent. Now what? I wouldn't be surprised if they have a big let down next week.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
iuno them coming off a win like that makes them more dangerous imo.

i have faith that if we can play the afccg without making big mistakes we will win this.

Steelers
01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Exactly. I don't want to say that they've peaked, but they're just happy to be here.

tanda10506
01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it's going to work against them! The Ravens game was tough but it seemed like the Jets put everything into the Pat's. We'll see

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
i thought it was classless how they celebrated after shonn greene's td. but then again, against the patriots i always hope the worst for them. rubbing salt in the wound of belichick, awesome.

steelers are more class than that, but we'd prolly get flagged for kemoeatu hitting tom brady sometime during the celebration after the play

Sixburgher
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
i thought it was classless how they celebrated after shonn greene's td.

Considering how many times the Patriots have pulled classless shit in victory, I can overlook it.

Atlanta Dan
01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Not for Santonio Holmes - you know he would love nothing more than having a huge game to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl by winning in Pittsburgh

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to overlook them, but it's gonna be real hard for them to come at us with the same chip on their shoulder that they did this week @N.E. and I think clearly that chip was what got them the win against the Cheats. It's gonna be a different story against the Steelers, in front of a REAL HOME CROWD.

Patriotist
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
While this might sound bias from someone who's team just got beat, I think the Jets will be surprised by how the Steelers come out on top.This victory will fizzle away...

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Not for Santonio Holmes - you know he would love nothing more than having a huge game to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl by winning in Pittsburgh

I can see him having a chip on his shoulder, but I don't see him having a huge game against our D, but as long as the game is close he worries me.

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Steelers/Bears SB

When I saw Chicago play here in Dallas in way back in week 2, noone knew they would reach this far, however, Lovie Smith revamping his coaching staff...I already saw the huge difference in that game alone. The play-calling, the game management, finding mis-matches, you name it.

I won't be surprised if they play you guys in Dallas next month.

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 10:49 PM
The Steelers need to be focused and determined for 60 minutes. No letting off the throttle. Pound, pound pound...either the ball or sanchez!

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
After getting blown out 40 something to 3, after dominating that team in the playoffs, I'd be very excited too lol

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
No way they have the same intensity next week, they had a chip on their shoulder that you can't manufacture. They were completely embarrassed in prime time in a game they wanted and felt they should win. It would be very tuff for anyone not to have a let down after this win, especially an emotional bunch like the Jets.

jjpro11
01-17-2011, 12:43 AM
some might have said the same thing in 2005 as we head into Denver after beating the Colts who blew us out on MNF.. seriously, i hope to God we do not overlook this team.. i don't think we will since they beat us this season.. but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

JackHammer
01-18-2011, 04:51 AM
some might have said the same thing in 2005 as we head into Denver after beating the Colts who blew us out on MNF.. seriously, i hope to God we do not overlook this team.. i don't think we will since they beat us this season.. but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Now go back and actually watch the end of that game and you'll see a team that acted with WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more composure when they won the game. There were no backflips, no running onto the field like planes(or anything else), nobody was near crying(not even Bettis), and no schizo ass interviews like the two from Bart Scott. There was just good ole Joey talkin about, "THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER!!!!!", and that was it. Sure, we had that vengeance factor but it was minor in comparison to this. I have never in my life seen a team acting soooooo vindicated after a win, but then again I wasn't alive for the Miracle on Ice.

revisisland
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
If this jets team hadnt gone to the AFC championship last season, then I would be inclined to agree that this seemed like the super bowl to them, but not this season. Its pretty much the same team as last season, they were so sick after squandering a 17-6 lead in the AFCCG last season and don't wanna experience that again. And then theres new editions with guys like Jason Taylor and LT, who are both going to the HOF who are going to give the best effort they have ever given to get a shot at the SB.

BigRick
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
If this jets team hadnt gone to the AFC championship last season, then I would be inclined to agree that this seemed like the super bowl to them, but not this season. Its pretty much the same team as last season, they were so sick after squandering a 17-6 lead in the AFCCG last season and don't wanna experience that again. And then theres new editions with guys like Jason Taylor and LT, who are both going to the HOF who are going to give the best effort they have ever given to get a shot at the SB.

The only reason they even got in the playoffs was because the Dolts rolled over for them in the regular season. :rofl:

BrandonCarr39
01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I still think the Steelers will come out on top.

steeltheone
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM

Denver was an average football team that year...Overrated