PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship Game: New York Jets v Pittsburgh Steelers

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
AFC Championship Game: New York Jets v Pittsburgh Steelers Point Spread, Over-Under, TV Info, Announcers
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/01/afc-championship-game-new-york-jets-pittsburgh-steelers-point-spread-over-under-tv-info-announcers/

On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger did what we have come to expect them to do against the Baltimore Ravens: win. We got the tough, physical, close game we expected, but ultimately the Steelers were able to make the plays that the Ravens were not, and Big Ben remains alive for his third Super Bowl ring.

On Sunday, we most certainly did not get the game we expected. The New England Patriots, at home, looked out of sorts against the New York Jets. After all of the bluster and trash talk, the Jets actually backed it up and sent Tom Brady and Bill Belichick home long before we ever thought they’d be going home.

The Jets and Steelers played earlier this season, with the Jets saving their season by defeating Pittsburgh 22-17. Can the Jets, who are in the AFC Championship for the second straight year, pull off another upset?

AFC Championship Game: New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers

* Jets-Steelers Date: Sunday, January 23rd
* Jets-Steelers Kickoff Time: 6:30 PM ET
* Jets-Steelers TV: CBS
* Jets-Steelers Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
* Jets-Steelers Point Spread: TBA (check here)
* Jets-Steelers Over-Under Odds: TBA (check here)

SteelerEmpire
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
TIME TO MAKE REX RYAN HATE US !!!

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
bring em on! pats or jets didn't matter, this is a revenge game!

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I had ESPN on and one of the Jets was really playing up the "disrespect" card. He was really on an emotional jag. Good so much the better for us if they burn themselves out over this victory.

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Let's go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

You guys ready to lose again? :tt03:

:popcorn:

Just f**king around. Should be a fun week.

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM

You're talking smack already?

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
You're talking smack already?

I can't help it. I'm so amped. I was joking.

SteelCityMom
01-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Don't blame you at all! The only thing I'm sorry about is that the Steelers don't get the chance to beat the Pats***. They've gotta get that ****ing monkey off their back someday lol.

It will be a fun week though...Jets are a fun trash talking team. The revenge (if exacted) won't be nearly as satisfying as it would have been against Marsha and Co., but we'll take it! :drink:

johnswahoo
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I know that our defense has only given up 63 yards per game, but I will tell you that in the last meeting, they weren't running Green nearly as much as I saw him over the last few weeks. It was a something that Ryan did on purpose to keep him fresh for the end or stretch drive. I think if we really stop him, we will win this game fairly easy. the other thing is our team really was banged up, not that it isn't right now, but we have the benefit of playing our 4th game in 31 days...that is so much better than having to play your 5th game in 28 days. That must be hard to do this late in the season. Third, I don't believe that we threw all that we had at Dirty Sanchez! The Sink is coming!

Fire Arians

flacco said playing us would be fun too, right before he lost

sarahpalinhater
My prediction for the " Smack Talk " top 3 this week.

1) Santonio Holmes
2) Cromartie
3) Fat Man Ryan

Oh, and probably a honorable mention to Bart Scott, who will Dog out Hines Ward at least once, and " HINT " at a Bounty being on him.

ben2hines=6
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM

1) Santonio Holmes
2) Cromartie
3) Fat Man Ryan

Oh, and probably a honorable mention to Bart Scott, who will Dog out Hines Ward at least once, and " HINT " at a Bounty being on him.

bart scott is the big trash talker this week...former raven, already hates us becuase of the beating he's used to taking against us

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
flacco said playing us would be fun too, right before he lost

Joe Flacco is no Mark Sanchez. :chuckle:

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Joe Flacco is no Mark Sanchez. :chuckle:

I agree. He's worse. Stats show that. Sanchez is the luckiest guy ever. He has " Survived " more games due to fluke plays by the other team. Or his running game and defense. He will not be a difference maker at all against us.

Steel_Bus_24
01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Just like our battles with the Ravens......

I expect nothing less then a total war till the end

The Jets have easily earned my respect.....and it will take a much better team effort next week to beat them

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
I agree. He's worse. Stats show that. Sanchez is the luckiest guy ever. He has " Survived " more games due to fluke plays by the other team. Or his running game and defense. He will not be a difference maker at all against us.

Whatever dude. Yeah, he's in a good situation with great weapons, defense, and o-line, but he's still gotta win the games. And he's done that so far in the postseason.

Flacco is terrible in postseason play, whereas Sanchez plays his best.

Steel_Bus_24
01-16-2011, 09:28 PM

1) Santonio Holmes
2) Cromartie
3) Fat Man Ryan

I expect to hear a sad song about the Jets players not being "right" or "good enough" for Pittsburgh

and that will be their rallying cry

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Well this might be the last chance for Goodell to stop the Steelers from going to the Super Bowl. I bet you he will send the worst Officiating crew in league history.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Whatever dude. Yeah, he's in a good situation with great weapons, defense, and o-line, but he's still gotta win the games. And he's done that so far in the postseason.

Flacco is terrible in post season games...Ah,,,did you see what Flacco's winning percentage has been, especially on the road since being drafted ? All we have to do is keep him on a long field, and he will crumble like always.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Well this might be the last chance for Goodell to stop the Steelers from going to the Super Bowl. I bet you he will send the worst Officiating crew in league history.

I don't know about that. On the one hand, yeah, I'm sure he would like the top 2 Major markets in New York and Chicago in the Super Bowl. But then again, Green Bay and Pittsburgh are the BEST Traveling teams in the league when it comes to their fans following them. And that would be a huge boost to the SB Experience, and the Dallas area.

Raw Steel
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Jets fans are already proclaiming themselves the team of destiny, hoping Polamalu is not a factor and predicting Sanchez will have a great game. Delusional is an understatement.

JetsFan17
01-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Jets fans are already proclaiming themselves the team of destiny, hoping Polamalu is not a factor and predicting Sanchez will have a great game. Delusional is an understatement.

The same Troy Polamalu who was badly whiffing on tackles yesterday?

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:39 PM

Yeah. And you think he's gonna have two bad games in a row ? If you do, well then you ARE A delusional Jets fan! :doh:

mesaSteeler
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah. And you think he's gonna have two bad games in a row ? If you do, well then you ARE A delusional Jets fan! :doh:
Is there another kind of Jets fan? Enjoy your moment. It ends next week.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM

HAHA Talk to me about Troy after next week's game:tt02:

4xSBChamps
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/BaghdadBobisaNewYorker.jpg

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Get your stretcher ready for Sanchez. "D" Lebeau will just confuse the hell out of him and Troy will play well.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:44 PM
HAHA Talk to me about Troy after next week's game:tt02:

And if not Troy....did you see how Ryan Clark looked ? He will be BLOWING UP the likes of little Tomlinson and Greene.

JackHammer
01-16-2011, 09:45 PM

Yes, and the same Polamalu who's been putting together a HOF career since his 2nd season.

frunko1
01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
tomin just tweeted that this weeks team spokesperson is larry foote

rex tweeted that he loves foote

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
However, the ONE thing I can say for the Jets is this..If, and I say IF we some how lose next weekend, and you guys do win the SB game. It will be nice to see Tomlinson get a Ring :-) He is a nice guy. And I would like to see him stick it in the faces of the San Diego Chargers. But alas son....too bad it ain't gonna happen.

madtowndrunkard
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM

:rofl:

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM

bwahahahah oh my god i can't stop laughing, good one bro :sofunny::sofunny:

MaidenIndiana
01-16-2011, 11:40 PM

I don't care who you are, that s**t is FUNNY!:rofl:

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Okay, trying to be objective. The two things that DO worry me a bit are....1)...Our tendency to play overly conservative when we play at home, as opposed to on the road. 2) Our recent kick-offs. I mean we have really really sucked on kick-off length. Our kicker doesn't even place it all that high when it lands at around the 12-15 yard line. Our opponents the past few weeks have averaged around the 35-38 Yd line. And with a guy like Cromartie, who HAS been returning kicks really well, that kinda scares me. But, other then that, barring just a horrible mistake field day, I can't see us losing. Our defense is better. Our rushing is better. In fact I remember Mendenhall running pretty good against the Jets last game. We have the better QB, and we have the experience over the Jets as well.

So I am wondering just what do Jets fans feel they have over us that would show where they can beat us.

madtowndrunkard
01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't know about that. On the one hand, yeah, I'm sure he would like the top 2 Major markets in New York and Chicago in the Super Bowl. But then again, Green Bay and Pittsburgh are the BEST Traveling teams in the league when it comes to their fans following them. And that would be a huge boost to the SB Experience, and the Dallas area.

The NFL could care less about ticket sales at a SB.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM
The NFL could care less about ticket sales at a SB.

I agree. But, attendance at the NFL Experience is another thing altogether my son. And no way any other teams fans will flock to Dallas JUST to be a part of the experience then the Steeler and Packer fans. And that means revenue, and business for the Dallas area. So trust me...they DO Care!

realdeal
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM
James Harrison is going to give Mark a "Dirty Sanchez" when he's done sacking him!!

Congrats Jets fan on beating those Gaytriots today!! Nothing better than seeing Bill Belichick lose!! Genius?? Geniuses don't cheat!!

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
The media hype this week will be nausiating to say the least. With the Jets knocking off the Pats, ESPN and the NFL Network will be stepping all over each other for the headlines about Destiny, beating the best to be the best, the new rulers of the AFC, the brilliance of Ryan, blah, blah blah blah... It amazed me how hyped up the Pats / Jets game was last week, a playoff game that was a repeat of a 45-3 ass whipping in prime time. It turned out to be a good game, but it easily could have been the equivalent of Green Bay / Atlanta.

JETSallDay
01-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Okay, trying to be objective. The two things that DO worry me a bit are....1)...Our tendency to play overly conservative when we play at home, as opposed to on the road. 2) Our recent kick-offs. I mean we have really really sucked on kick-off length. Our kicker doesn't even place it all that high when it lands at around the 12-15 yard line. Our opponents the past few weeks have averaged around the 35-38 Yd line. And with a guy like Cromartie, who HAS been returning kicks really well, that kinda scares me. But, other then that, barring just a horrible mistake field day, I can't see us losing. Our defense is better. Our rushing is better. In fact I remember Mendenhall running pretty good against the Jets last game. We have the better QB, and we have the experience over the Jets as well.

So I am wondering just what do Jets fans feel they have over us that would show where they can beat us.
I think our defense isn't very far behind..and you never know which will have the better game. Offense wise, we have more proven weapons IMO, and it all depends on if Sanchez can step up to the challenge. It's gonna be a good one!
I hope we can get to Ben as much as we got to Brady. I'm scared that you have Polamalu back though..
Love you username btw.:thumbsup:

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I think our defense isn't very far behind..and you never know which will have the better game. Offense wise, we have more proven weapons IMO, and it all depends on if Sanchez can step up to the challenge. It's gonna be a good one!
I hope we can get to Ben as much as we got to Brady. I'm scared that you have Polamalu back though..

First, our defense IS way better..check the numbers. And, we are at home which only makes them better. As for having more offensive weapons ?...Huh. You don't have a WR that can match Wallace. Or Hines for that matter. We have a TE who is All NFL. And a RB who had like twice the rushing TD's that both Tomlinson and Greene had...I mean where is all this better offensive talent at ?

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 12:33 AM

we're about even in points scored, our squad has a +17 TO ratio compared to your +9. I will say you have better wr's at this point, no denying the playmaking ability of edwards and santonio. However, we have a MUCH better QB. With the game on the line who would you rather have, big ben or sanchez? jets offense is more mistake prone when the running game doesn't work.

our defense is the #1 rush D by far. that doesn't bode well for your offense, because sanchez can never seem to get it together when the running game isn't working. polamalu is back which creates more problems. your defense is good, very good infact. In our last meeting though, we did prove to be capable of moving the ball on you guys. Mendenhall had 99 yards off 17 carries, and wallace broke the 100 yard mark. Revis is healthier now I understand so he may make wallace less of a factor. However, our 2 rookie wr's are much more comfortable in the offense than they were when we first played.

As long as I could remember, special teams were always my biggest worry. You guys have a huge edge on us in that department and it cost us the first game.

Just saying, I know you guys feel good about your squad, but I'm pretty damn confident in my own. Looking forward to sunday!

mesaSteeler
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
It's the Jets

The Steelers caught what appears to be a huge break with New York's improbable 28-21 victory at New England on Sunday.

Once again, the Steelers won't have to face their biggest tormentor, Tom Brady, in the playoffs.

And when that happens, it usually means the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl.

Since 2004, the only team other than the Patriots to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs was Jacksonville in 2007.

© It will be interesting to see what Rex Ryan has to say this week after investing so much into beating the Patriots.

Ryan called the game at New England, the second-biggest game in Jets history, behind only Super Bowl III.

After getting the team to believe that, it will be interesting to see if there is a letdown.

© The Steelers came out of their 22-17 loss to the Jets last month feeling pretty good about a possible rematch with New York.

The Steelers felt their offensive line played its best game of the season in that game, as Ben Roethlisberger was sacked just once and the running game produced nearly 150 yards.

Add to that the fact that Troy Polamalu did not play in that game and there's a lot to be optimistic about.

OX1947
01-17-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm guessing Rex Ryan won't have much to say this week. Steelers are not the type of team you talk trash too. Rex presser was a little telling when he threw in how he wished that the game was in New York. The Jets are a perfect match up for the Steelers. They are like the Ravens with less of nastiness.

The only thing that worries me is the Steelers special teams. The returns the last month have been pretty damn bad. They are letting way too many returns go long. They have to figure out how to keep the returners from changing the game.

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm guessing Rex Ryan won't have much to say this week. Steelers are not the type of team you talk trash too. Rex presser was a little telling when he threw in how he wished that the game was in New York. The Jets are a perfect match up for the Steelers. They are like the Ravens with less of nastiness.

The only thing that worries me is the Steelers special teams. The returns the last month have been pretty damn bad. They are letting way too many returns go long. They have to figure out how to keep the returners from changing the game.

ST's play is what cost us the game the last time we hosted the Jets. That game we went up and down the field but couldn't put up points. An opening kick return by the jets and a safety late in the 4th...yet we were still in it till the end. This time around we'll have Troy and Heath playing. Hopefully we utilize that no huddle offense so we can take Arians out of the game. As long as our ST's and mistakes don't kill us we win this game. We are a better team...but as we saw today, the better team doesn't always win.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 01:47 AM
ST's play is what cost us the game the last time we hosted the Jets. That game we went up and down the field but couldn't put up points. An opening kick return by the jets and a safety late in the 4th...yet we were still in it till the end. This time around we'll have Troy and Heath playing. Hopefully we utilize that no huddle offense so we can take Arians out of the game. As long as our ST's and mistakes don't kill us we win this game. We are a better team...but as we saw today, the better team doesn't always win.

Thanks for pointing out what I was going to remind all our fans here, as well as the Jet fans. Besides Troy being out of that first game,,,Heath Miller was also out. And, if the Jets knew anything they would know that Miller, besides being one of the leagues BEST TE's in the game. He is also Ben's " Security Blanket " He's the guy Ben looks at when the defensive pressure is on. Him being out was as HUGE as it gets. Add to the fact that in the past month, the growth of our two rookie WR's is way better then what they were in the first Jets game. And the Jet fans have the idiocy to say their offensive weapons are better then ours :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

Third Rail
01-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I expect our offense to be fine... with Miller back, and the way that the O-Line blocked for Ben in the last Jets game, we should see plenty of connections on passes. If you consider that all of the (dropped) passes to Spaeth in that game would have gone to Miller had he been there, the outcome likely would have been different.

And then you add Troy on the defensive side of the ball. Even if he isn't 100%, he's still going to be a factor. The Jets don't have a little 3-foot hedgehog like Ray Rice that is hard to get low enough to tackle.

The only thing... the ONLY thing that could kill us in this game is special teams. There must be a focus on that this week.

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm guessing Rex Ryan won't have much to say this week. Steelers are not the type of team you talk trash too. Rex presser was a little telling when he threw in how he wished that the game was in New York. ...

Ryan acts the fool but it IS an act.

His pre-game shtick is to get in front of the media and tell them what he wants them to hear. This serves two purposes which are to send a message to the other team and to establish the week's persona for his team.

Against Indy, Ryan was full of respect and admiration for Manning and the Colts franchise and he came off as grateful for the opportunity to play them. This played to Manning's ego and made him the center of the universe. Just how that affected him is unknown, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he was trying a bit too hard to live up to that title.

With New England, it was the opposite. Telling the world how great the Patsies are would be preaching to the choir so he decided to rattle their cage with a bunch of bombastic nonsense (and perhaps encouraged Cromartie to take the shots he did). The end result was that he got under Brady's skin and perhaps Brady tried a bit too hard to show the world how classless and horrible the Jets are.

I don't know about you, but I definitely see a pattern here.

As for next Sunday, so far, Ryan has taken the "Gee I sure wish we were at home" angle and will no doubt keep that going (and growing) for the rest of the week. The plan will be to let the Steelers know just how scary it is to play at Heinz and get our guys thinking that home field alone will be enough to make the Jets nervous and perhaps make mistakes.

You can laugh at Ryan all you want and you can call him an idiot but you'd be doing so at your peril. Ryan is crazy like a fox and his act has is an extremely calculated and very choreographed bit of psychological warfare. Even though his comments may seem better suited to a comedy club, make no mistake -- he's been playing everyone and it's been working.

My advice to Tomlin and the rest of the team would be just a simple "no comment" and then work like hell to plan for anything and everything by Sunday.

jazz
01-17-2011, 02:13 AM
dolphins fan here...i'll definitely be rooting for you guys next week.

good luck! :thmbup:

SacknificentStew56
01-17-2011, 02:23 AM

Rex already showed that he loves to run off at the mouth. I doubt that he's gonna be quiet now. It'll be something coming out of their camp this week, for sure. "Bipolar" Bart Scott might be the first one to POP OFF.

njj973
01-17-2011, 03:55 AM
First, our defense IS way better..check the numbers. And, we are at home which only makes them better. As for having more offensive weapons ?...Huh. You don't have a WR that can match Wallace. Or Hines for that matter. We have a TE who is All NFL. And a RB who had like twice the rushing TD's that both Tomlinson and Greene had...I mean where is all this better offensive talent at ?

and jets fans are delusional?

plenewken
01-17-2011, 07:08 AM
I really like our chances against the Jets and my money is on a Steelers-Green Bay Superbowl ending with our 7th Lombardi.

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 07:32 AM
and jets fans are delusional?

Heath is an all around TE not the best.

JetsFan17
01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
James Harrison is going to give Mark a "Dirty Sanchez" when he's done sacking him!!

Congrats Jets fan on beating those Gaytriots today!! Nothing better than seeing Bill Belichick lose!! Genius?? Geniuses don't cheat!!

D'Brickashaw Ferguson shut James Harrison down in December. Sanchez wasn't touched yesterday. It ain't gonna be easy getting pressure on Sanchez with the Jets' offensive line.

JetsFan17
01-17-2011, 08:33 AM
dolphins fan here...i'll definitely be rooting for you guys next week.

good luck! :thmbup:

A Dolphins fan joining a Steelers forum to root against the Jets. Gotta love it.

pete74
01-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Jets defense is scary good and they like to throw alot of short to intermediate passes over the middle that the steelers have trouble defending. with that said i hope we crush them. i freaking hate Rex Ryan's big mouth and i pry to god we absolutly demolish them and shut his fat ass up for good. i also hate that bi-polar moron Bart Scott. Him and his team talked shit on new england all week then as soon as Wes Welker makes one negative comment about Scott's fat ass coach Scott flips out and says it was uncalled for and Welkers time in a uniform are limited because of it. He also threatened to kill Ward when he played for the Ravens. they all can talk shit but they cant take it if someone talks back.

the jets are by far my least favorite team in the NFL(yes more then the pats) and i want to beat them more then anything. i cant stand how they all talk crap and insult everyone else then flips out the second someone says something about them. i just hope we destroy them so Rex can ball like a baby then give his defensive line a foot message on there ride home

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Jets defense is scary good and they like to throw alot of short to intermediate passes over the middle that the steelers have trouble defending. with that said i hope we crush them. i freaking hate Rex Ryan's big mouth and i pry to god we absolutly demolish them and shut his fat ass up for good. i also hate that bi-polar moron Bart Scott. Him and his team talked shit on new england all week then as soon as Wes Welker makes one negative comment about Scott's fat ass coach Scott flips out and says it was uncalled for and Welkers time in a uniform are limited because of it. He also threatened to kill Ward when he played for the Ravens. they all can talk shit but they cant take it if someone talks back.

the jets are by far my least favorite team in the NFL(yes more then the pats) and i want to beat them more then anything. i cant stand how they all talk crap and insult everyone else then flips out the second someone says something about them. i just hope we destroy them so Rex can ball like a baby then give his defensive line a foot message on there ride home

Pete, I might have agreed with you that in the past the steelers have had trouble with the short over the middle pass patterns. But that is exactly what the Ravens like to do. And have done in the past. But we totally defended that this time against Baltimore. Our DC totally changed the way we used to play off the WR's. And I will take the Ravens trio of WR's over the Jets. As well as their QB in Flacco over Sanchez.

caseyviator
01-17-2011, 09:24 AM
i was highly impressed with sanchez and especially tomlinson guy is still an incredible player ..also edwards and holmes are great.

but with troy and heath back we win this game!!!! i think by 10 points

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Im already sick of the NY media talking up the Jets, and its only Monday. Gonna have to listen to this crap for another 5 days lol.

The Jets played a hell of a game, although the Pats didn’t look like the Pats. Not sure if that was because the Jets D made them look like crap, or if they just played like crap.

I keep hearing that "The Jets went to Pittsburgh and beat them"

Yep, they sure did, I was there. I know all to well that the Jets beat us at home. This time however we have Miller and Polamalu back and the offence will be nowhere near as vanilla this time.

Not saying it will be easy, but this is not the same match up from week 15

Steelers 24 Jets 17

steelerdave1969
01-17-2011, 09:59 AM

Welcome in JetsFan. I understand the all amped up thing man. This should be a great game in my opinion. I am looking forward to having Troy Polomalu and Heath Miller this time around though to help us out. ESPN is making such a big deal about our offensive line being banged up? . . They have been banged up all season as far as I can tell.
Good luck JetsFan, but I am rooting for a 7th Rooney . . ooops I mean Lombardi Tropy coming to the Burgh.

TRH
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Im already sick of the NY media talking up the Jets, and its only Monday. Gonna have to listen to this crap for another 5 days lol.

The Jets played a hell of a game, although the Pats didn’t look like the Pats. Not sure if that was because the Jets D made them look like crap, or if they just played like crap.

I keep hearing that "The Jets went to Pittsburgh and beat them"

Yep, they sure did, I was there. I know all to well that the Jets beat us at home. This time however we have Miller and Polamalu back and the offence will be nowhere near as vanilla this time.

Not saying it will be easy, but this is not the same match up from week 15

Steelers 24 Jets 17

I hear ya. But its not just the "N.Y. media", its a helluva alot of the media. I dont' know that i can listen to any more analysis this week as i usually do. I may break from the TV analysis until Fri or so. Its been nothing but Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, and more Jets, and that we basically stole a win in Baltimore and they should have won it. Once again, even though i shouldn't be surprised by now, even so.....i'm surprised there is so little love for the Steelers.....its actually pretty amazing.
I think we have a much better shot this time around, BTW.

MNStilllerzFan
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM
The media hasn't given the Steelers our due credit all season, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon. I pray to God the Steelers we know and love show up on Sunday and destroy the Jets...let our playing do the talking. The Steelers are too classy to engage in that childish rhetoric...let Rex Ryan and his foot soldiers flap away. Go Steelers!!!

plenewken
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
The media like sensationalism. The Steelers playing in the AFC Championship is not sensational, it's kinda expected based on our history. We've played in 15 AFCCG vs. 0 (yeah, that's zero) for the Jets.
We're a well established powerhouse and the Jets are the Cinderella and that's what people want to hear about. Plus the Jets just beat Indy and the Pats on their turf and that's something the media like. Remember when we did the same in 2006? Everyone was talking about us.
Last, the audience from Pittsburgh is much smaller than from NYC and there's more money to be made in NYC than in the Burgh.

Anyway, who cares, really? We do the talking on the field, not in studios.

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 11:35 AM
The media hasn't given the Steelers our due credit all season, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon. I pray to God the Steelers we know and love show up on Sunday and destroy the Jets...let our playing do the talking. The Steelers are too classy to engage in that childish rhetoric...let Rex Ryan and his foot soldiers flap away. Go Steelers!!!

LOL @ "foot soldiers"! :toofunny:

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Can somebody PLEASE photopshop a persons toes with 6 Super Bowl rings on them? That would be too funny to counter Jets smack....

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I hear ya. But its not just the "N.Y. media", its a helluva alot of the media. I dont' know that i can listen to any more analysis this week as i usually do. I may break from the TV analysis until Fri or so. Its been nothing but Jets, Jets, Jets, Jets, and more Jets, and that we basically stole a win in Baltimore and they should have won it. Once again, even though i shouldn't be surprised by now, even so.....i'm surprised there is so little love for the Steelers.....its actually pretty amazing.
I think we have a much better shot this time around, BTW.

I know its all media, but since I live in NJ I have to hear about the Jets more :blah: lol.
The Steelers are a much classier orginization and I dont expect alot of "trash talk" like went on between the Pats and Jets last week.

Cant wait till Sunday! :tt04:

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
The Steelers ARE the favorites to win it all now in Las Vegas. So at least the Odd-makers respect us :-)

scsteeler
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM

That Rookie Defense showed up in New England and The Colts have been average at best the whole year. The Steelers Defense will remind Sanchez he still has a lot of growing to do. Should be a good defensive game though.

jazz
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
A Dolphins fan joining a Steelers forum to root against the Jets. Gotta love it.
good to see you here too! :wave:

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I sure hope our team is not taking the Jets nearly as lightly as everyone here seems to be.

Apparently some have forgot the Jets just took out NE and Indy on the road. They also beat us only a month ago...and just barely lost to Chicago in week 16. So I think it's pretty safe to say the Jets can beat anyone. They are red hot and really fired up.

We barely got by a Ravens team and have really struggled to beat any playoff caliber teams this year. While Saturday's game was one of the more exciting playoff wins in Steelers history it still remains we need to beat a VERY good Jets team.

They don't win with racking up stats, much like our selves, they just know how to beat good teams. We better go into this game with the same mind set as if we were playing the Patriots or Ravens. We need our very best if we expect to win.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
The Steelers ARE the favorites to win it all now in Las Vegas. So at least the Odd-makers respect us :-)

Thats what im talkin about!But who really gives a rats ass what the media and everyone else thinks-FTW,at the end of the day us TRUE Steeler fans know we have the greatest organization in all sports.:drink:Come on Steelers,bring home #7...:tt03: