PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 defenses for all 4 teams left in the playoffs

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Steelers #2
Jets #3
Packers #5
Bears #9

Thought it was interesting enough to mention.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Steelers #2
Jets #3
Packers #5
Bears #9

Thought it was interesting enough to mention.

Actually, that's total Yds allowed defense. Not a true measure. But, if you go by scoring defense,,,all 4 teams are in the top-6.

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Actually, that's total Yds allowed defense. Not a true measure. But, if you go by scoring defense,,,all 4 teams are in the top-6.

Whatever, they're all very good defenses.

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
How the Packers did it with all their injuries is beyond me-sure, Capers is an excellent DC, but you can only do with what you have. The Pack have lost at least 1 skill player in every area, and they still played well.

revisisland
01-17-2011, 01:10 AM
just goes to show you that offense may sell tickets but defense is the key to success in the post season.

i hate the way the nfl does stats though, because points surrendered should be the way defenses are measured, but even that is misleading because they count special teams TDs, as well as defensive scores as points against any given defense which isn't right.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Whatever, they're all very good defenses.

Yards and scoring are important because sometimes yards affects field position. The 3 and out defense if better than the bend but don't break D that always has the O backed up deep after the punt (assuming points allowed are similar). This allows more scoring for the O.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 01:21 AM
just goes to show you that offense may sell tickets but defense is the key to success in the post season.

i hate the way the nfl does stats though, because points surrendered should be the way defenses are measured, but even that is misleading because they count special teams TDs, as well as defensive scores as points against any given defense which isn't right.

That cliche only works so far. I think we'll see offense can be important too. A good team needs both...but at least if you have a good O, if you fall behind, you have a chance. I think the O will be the difference that will elevate the Packers and Steelers to the SB.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:31 AM
That cliche only works so far. I think we'll see offense can be important too. A good team needs both...but at least if you have a good O, if you fall behind, you have a chance. I think the O will be the difference that will elevate the Packers and Steelers to the SB.

yep, gotta be good all around.

with that said though, defense is definitely huge. you can't be a good team without it, look at the texans lol