PDA

View Full Version : Sanders and Brown - time to man up

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, we now have the Jets coming to town as you all know.

We probably can expect Revis to be covering Wallace the entire game, so we will need production elsewhere.

Sanders and Brown aren't Wallace fast, but fast enough to beat any of the other Jets defenders. They stepped up big against Baltimore, we will need them again this week!

PhantomJB93
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I actually seem to remember Sanders beating Revis numerous times a few weeks ago :tt02:

[last game I think Revis played against Sanders (when he was in), Cro against Wallace, and either their nickel or a LB matched up with Hines]

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Jets have 2 great cornerbacks, but their 3rd and 4th cornerbacks are terrible. Brown and Sanders will have a good game.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I really like our WR corp. A veteran, a speedster and 2 rising young guys. Let's do this!

ETL
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Sanders and Brown outplayed 2 expensive acquisitions for the Ravens: Boldin and Housh

At the beginning of the season - if i told you - would you swap a 3rd and a 6th for Boldin and Housh - everyone would have said "absolutely yes" - including me - but now - would you trade Sanders and Brown straight up for Boldin and Housh - no way!

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Sanders and Brown outplayed 2 expensive acquisitions for the Ravens: Boldin and Housh

At the beginning of the season - if i told you - would you swap a 3rd and a 6th for Boldin and Housh - everyone would have said "absolutely yes" - including me - but now - would you trade Sanders and Brown straight up for Boldin and Housh - no way!

At the beginning of the season if you told me to trade Holmes for a 3rd and 6th round pick I would've said hell to the no! But now ask me again I say hell to the yes! These guys have a bright future!

theplatypus
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
At the beginning of the season if you told me to trade Holmes for a 3rd and 6th round pick I would've said hell to the no! But now ask me again I say hell to the yes! These guys have a bright future!

Good lord you're going to give me whitney freaking houston nightmares.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
you know, with this influx of young talent, i'm even starting to wonder if arians finally has the roster talent he needs to run the kind of offense he wants to.

these kids are coming into their own, wallace always dangerous as usual, ward is clutch when we need a completion. mendenhall always dangerous, why not go 4 wide all the time? lol

i almost can't believe i just said that lol.

tony hipchest
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
i dont like any offense that takes heath miller off the field. he coulld have alot of good production in this game, especially if 11 personnel is our base set.

st33lerNation
01-16-2011, 10:49 PM
you know, with this influx of young talent, i'm even starting to wonder if arians finally has the roster talent he needs to run the kind of offense he wants to.

these kids are coming into their own, wallace always dangerous as usual, ward is clutch when we need a completion. mendenhall always dangerous, why not go 4 wide all the time? lol

4 Wide is nice but that would take either TE(Miller) or RB out of the mix, and YES we need help blocking... I like having a TE for blocking purposes. But it's nice to see 4 - 5 wide every now and then. Well, I'm glad we're playing the JETS at home. GO STEELERS :tt02:

steelerjim58
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Did anyone else catch Hines on the post game interview say that Brown might be the fastest receiver on the team, then catch himself and say " Mike Wallace might say he is."

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Did anyone else catch Hines on the post game interview say that Brown might be the fastest receiver on the team, then catch himself and say " Mike Wallace might say he is."

yeah but I think that's exaggerating some. he's fast, but wallace is crackhead fast.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Apparently Brown is 4.5 in the 40 yard dash, Wallace is 4.33 and Sanders at 4.41

lionslicer
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Apparently Brown is 4.5 in the 40 yard dash, Wallace is 4.33 and Sanders at 4.41

Thats just the 40 yard dash, as we've seen over the years with people like Jerry Rice (4.7 40 yard dash) Game speed is what counts.
Brown might be more of a 4.2 guy when he's on that field. But I still think Wallace is faster at the moment... But I think Hines would know.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Thats just the 40 yard dash, as we've seen over the years with people like Jerry Rice (4.7 40 yard dash) Game speed is what counts.
Brown might be more of a 4.2 guy when he's on that field. But I still think Wallace is faster at the moment... But I think Hines would know.

True, Brown does have the explosive first step. But I think I'll have to watch a few more plays where he looks really fast. I know he's faster than Sanders, but Wallace. Kinda hard to believe. Maybe it's because Wallace had more tries and we have seen him run the distance from a short pass.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
acceleration is what is the killer most times. look at barry sanders. his top speed wasn't impressive but the dude could explode from a stop to top speed almost instantly

Curtain_of_Steel
01-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Use what works, if miller is working than he stays on, if he isn't than he goes off. They won't try to make something work that isn't working thats for sure.

Going 4 wide with Wallace, sanders ward and brown is going to be tough cover, eepcially with bens big balls to go deep whenever he feels like it. Need a RB outlet to pick up the blitz no blitzh you have the short dink off. I dont think the J E T S are they deep or that fast to cover 3 speedy guys and one aging precise route runner.

Big difference this game too, is miller is in not Spaeth on offense.

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM

But I for one am glad that you DID say that because that's exactly what I've been thinking. These guys are looking better and better and they "believe" which is even more important,

Look what's been done with "One Trick Wallace". He's becoming a very complete player and I think he'll be even better than Holmes. Sanders and Brown are following his lead and are also becoming more polished.

Whether or not they get up to speed in time for AFCC and possibly the SB remains to be seen, but we're definitely in for some great play from them in the future and I think that we're headed for one of the best passing attacks anyone's ever seen..

steelerdave1969
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Jets have 2 great cornerbacks, but their 3rd and 4th cornerbacks are terrible. Brown and Sanders will have a good game.

Sorry man, but I have to disagree here a little with ya. The Jets are pretty talented in the DB dept. in my opinion. I honestly think that Cromartie can be beat and that has been proven. Ben just has to hit the WR's and lately he has been absolutely fantastic at doing that. I look forward to seeing this game for sure. But the Jets still have Wilson(R) DB and this will be a big challenge for the Steelers. I am just glad that Troy P and Heath Miller will be ready to play in this game.

scsteeler
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I like them to keep the Secondary busy while Heath has a big day. I think that our Running game will play a key in this game also. Wallace will get at least 1 big play no matter who is covering him.