PDA

View Full Version : No way Sanchez comes in Pittsburgh and wins

steelers33
01-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Well it looks like the Jets, and their qb Mark Sanchez. I think this guy is a fraud, his supporting cast can take him so far. The Jets aren't going to run on the 3rd best run defense in history. I hate the Jets bunch of low class trash talking bitches who haven't won shit. Their fat ass foot loving freak coach will meat(or should I say feet) his match. Sanchez is the most overrated qb in the playoffs right now(even more so than Cutler.) Our team talent destroys their team talent, and we pissed away the first game. The Jets and their trash talking are going to be put in their place.

steelerohio
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM
haven't won? They did beat the Pats...

But the Steelers will beat them something like... 38 to 21...

complete with Braylon crying at the end... and Santonio telling him it's ok, let's go out and you get hammered and I'll puff a few...

ZoneBlitzer
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Ah the kid can play. I've seen enough Jets games to see what he's capable of. Keep in mind that this is only his second year and he's already battle-tested just like Ben was.

steelers33
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM

complete with Braylon crying at the end... and Santonio telling him it's ok, let's go out and you get hammered and I'll puff a few...

I was talking in terms of Super Bowls. They trash talk like they are multiple super bowl winners like the Steel are but they are not. Their QB is insanely overrated.

sarahpalinhater
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Ah the kid can play. I've seen enough Jets games to see what he's capable of. Keep in mind that this is only his second year and he's already battle-tested just like Ben was.

Battle tested ? And what are his numbers ? And what game has he EVER engineered a win at late in a game. Ben had 7 wins his first season where the tyeam was behind in the 4th quarter, and has like 27 for his career. Name ONE where Sanchez led his offense from behind ? He is okay. A system guy who IF the running game is going well, or if he can keep it to short pass attempts, Sanchez is fine. But we took away the short routes that Baltimore had compleyed against us in the past 2 games. And Flacco was Irrelevant. Look for Sanchez to get the same treatment.

ZoneBlitzer
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Battle tested ? And what are his numbers ? And what game has he EVER engineered a win at late in a game. Ben had 7 wins his first season where the tyeam was behind in the 4th quarter, and has like 27 for his career. Name ONE where Sanchez led his offense from behind ? He is okay. A system guy who IF the running game is going well, or if he can keep it to short pass attempts, Sanchez is fine. But we took away the short routes that Baltimore had compleyed against us in the past 2 games. And Flacco was Irrelevant. Look for Sanchez to get the same treatment.

Winning on the road in the playoffs = battle-tested

I'm pretty sure I saw him engineer a comeback against the Texans with a TD pass to Holmes with like 10 seconds left in the game this year.

steelerohio
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I was talking in terms of Super Bowls. They trash talk like they are multiple super bowl winners like the Steel are but they are not. Their QB is insanely overrated.

Ahhh ok got it... I was confused in the latest news and you gotta admit, beating the Pats is huge for that team...

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
well he's done it before.

I like our chances a lot, but at the same time can't get too overconfident.

4xSBChamps
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
"... I want every light you've got on that runway...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/LloydBridges-Airplane.jpg

... so that after James Harrison hits Sanchez, we can find all of the pieces..."

steelers33
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Ahhh ok got it... I was confused in the latest news and you gotta admit, beating the Pats is huge for that team...

I guess, but the Pats haven't done dittily squat in the playoffs for
the past 6 years. I think the Jets and Bears are frauds, due to the fact I don't trust their quarterback play. But the Packers though, they are looking really good.

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
My playoffs dreams have come TRUE! There was noone I wanted but Baltimore because I seen the in-consistencies in their game to where we matchup and I wanted the Jets after they came in and beat us. I was flabberghast on how the Jets beat us. Their offense is seriously rotten and I'm with you in saying that no way, NO how that Sanchez comes into here in playoff ball and outperforms Ben.

Something tells me there won't be no safety or return! That stadium is going to be out of its mind....

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:09 PM
My playoffs dreams have come TRUE! There was noone I wanted but Baltimore because I seen the in-consistencies in their game to where we matchup and I wanted the Jets after they came in and beat us. I was flabberghast on how the Jets beat us. Their offense is seriously rotten and I'm with you in saying that no way, NO how that Sanchez comes into here in playoff ball and outperforms Ben.

Something tells me there won't be no safety or return! That stadium is going to be out of its mind....

pretty much, we beat ourselves last time. totally outplayed them on both sides but you can't give up a safety and special teams td and expect to beat a good team

harrison'samonster
01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
No way Sanchez and the Jets offense does anything against this healthy Defense. Offense just needs to control the ball and execute well, and the Steelers win

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
No way Sanchez and the Jets offense does anything against this healthy Defense. Offense just needs to control the ball and execute well, and the Steelers win

and let's not forget special teams. seriously imo the worst way to lose ever. ST td's aren't supposed to happen unless it's devin hester or some shit

steeltheone
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Agreed...he just is not there yet!

Farrior_roirraW
01-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Winning on the road in the playoffs = battle-tested

I'm pretty sure I saw him engineer a comeback against the Texans with a TD pass to Holmes with like 10 seconds left in the game this year.

Yeah... right before that he threw an INT on the previous drive and the Texans should have ended the game... but they (Texans) suck. :doh:

All Dirty Rapechez has done this post season is over thrown his wide receivers.

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah... right before that he threw an INT on the previous drive and the Texans should have ended the game... but they (Texans) suck. :doh:

All Dirty Rapechez has done this post season is over thrown his wide receivers.

Their offense is even more vanilla than E-V-E-R! You think Ryan is going to let Rapechez test the water with Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Ike, Clark and TROY in the lineup?! The Pats have nobodies running their show and Ryan had Rapechez barely do a thing and their offense showed how terrible they really are. Our defense should create atleast 4 turnovers. Atleast, esp interceptions if we get the opportunity.

Steelboy84
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
This is trollbait for jet fans

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Sanchez has not seen the likes of Polomolu. I don't think he has the savvy to figure out where he is on the field, but even if he does, Troy will be elsewhere faster than the Tasmanian Devil. The Flyin Hawaiian will lead this team to victory and have Sanchez looking like Flacco did yesterday by halftime.

Farrior_roirraW
01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Their offense is even more vanilla than E-V-E-R! You think Ryan is going to let Rapechez test the water with Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Ike, Clark and TROY in the lineup?! The Pats have nobodies running their show and Ryan had Rapechez barely do a thing and their offense showed how terrible they really are. Our defense should create atleast 4 turnovers. Atleast, esp interceptions if we get the opportunity.

I think the Steelers D is going to rape Sanchez. My point above was the fact that his comeback drive against the Texans was preceded by an INT. Everyone likes to hype him up as some great QB. Even tonight Phil Simms was slinging absurd statements left and right about Sanchez.

He didn't do much with his arm last time so I don't expect to be any different. :tt02:

Phade
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Lets not count our chickens before they hatch.. Patriots fans been doing that all season and they got pwned.. God bless the steelers!

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I'll admit. If the Jets go on the road to beat Manning, Brady and now Roethlisberger, then they DESERVE IT! I just don't see it happening, I really don't. This Steelers D is going to turn up some major heat that I'm getting a little toasty thinking about it.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
I'll admit. If the Jets go on the road to beat Manning, Brady and now Roethlisberger, then they DESERVE IT! I just don't see it happening, I really don't. This Steelers D is going to turn up some major heat that I'm getting a little toasty thinking about it.

indy and NE couldn't stop the run, that's a major reason why they lost.

our defense is a different story.

toughsticks87
01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Sanchez just looks bad. But we need to just not commit any turnovers, and I think we'll be good.

Steel_Bus_24
01-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Im confident we have what it takes to shut them down....but jeesh guys, of all fans, I thought we'd know in the playoffs any freaking thing can happen

Get that garbage out of your minds.......IMO we're playing a much more talented Ravens

which means this will be a war till the end

Our metal will be tested once again to the very limit.....and hopefully we stick together as a team and rise to the challenge

JETSallDay
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow. I didn't think it was possible to be more c.ocky than Pats fans. Well, I'd say it's about the same level. That overconfidence sure worked well for them. ;)

Jackal
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow. I didn't think it was possible to be more c.ocky than Pats fans. Well, I'd say it's about the same level. That overconfidence sure worked well for them. ;)

You join a Steelers fan forum page and post to complain about the ****iness of the fans? Friggin' troll.

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Look we can't take the jets lightly. And while we played last time without two key players, that's no excuse for losing to them a few weeks ago. They've got an agressive defense too, and they know how to get on the throttle. Offensively they've got some weapons too, and while sanchez may not be an elite QB, he did enough today (and the last game against us) to win.

We know that his WRs can catch and we know that the RBs in the open field are some good runners.

I don't think this game is going to be the cake walk others may think it is.

JETSallDay
01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
You join a Steelers fan forum page and post to complain about the ****iness of the fans? Friggin' troll.

I'm not a troll. I'm not taking the Steelers lightly at all..it's gonna be a very tough game. Sorry I cant comment on overconfidence...? I just get annoyed of seeing it so much with Pats fans, I'm sick of it. Didnt mean offense.

StainlessStill
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm not a troll. I'm not taking the Steelers lightly at all..it's gonna be a very tough game. Sorry I cant comment on overconfidence...? I just get annoyed of seeing it so much with Pats fans, I'm sick of it. Didnt mean offense.

Damn, pass over some of that calm-ness to your big mouth head coach! Maybe he can learn something from his fan base! BTW: This is the AFC Championship game, EVERY fan of their team in the Title game should be confident and ready to break down the Dallas, Texas gates! I know we are. Sorry if you aren't.

I went to the Baltimore game. Whole different chess board my friend, that place is going to be out of control. We will be in Sanchez's head. Ryan kept him away from no-names from a bad Pats D. This time it'll be different. REVENGE.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Look we can't take the jets lightly. And while we played last time without two key players, that's no excuse for losing to them a few weeks ago. They've got an agressive defense too, and they know how to get on the throttle. Offensively they've got some weapons too, and while sanchez may not be an elite QB, he did enough today (and the last game against us) to win.

We know that his WRs can catch and we know that the RBs in the open field are some good runners.

I don't think this game is going to be the cake walk others may think it is.

i don't think anyone is taking them lightly. no team that goes into new england and beats them on their field should be taken lightly.

however, confidence is a good thing. we CAN beat them and I think we have a good shot.

We have the #1 defense and one of the best clutch qb's in the league. Yesterday, we showed we had a heart of a champion by not giving up, and overcoming a disastrous 1st half against a tough baltimore team. how can you not like your chances?

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm with you on that dude I feel the same way.....I just got hm this morning from wk & I was watching sport center aftre the jets beat NEW ELG...& they was talking that shit again ......one of the guys for the jets said that they can't wait to get to pittsburgh......what I say to that is ...M'FKER bring your ass own down because James Harrison.'Lamarr Woodley' Foote'.Ziggy Hood.....they watting for your ass & I for got Big Aaron Smith will be back this time....so to all you Jets Fans this message is for u...YOUR LUCK HAS RAN OUT..

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-17-2011, 06:33 AM
I don't think M'Tomlin is taking anything lightly @ all...he a very smart coach....I know one thing we R going to have to pick up on is our SPECIAL TEAM......WE R JUST BAD IN THAT DEPT.....thz killing us.....every start of the game when we kick it off somebody always return for a TD...... I hope we can take carry of that part....

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm with you on that dude I feel the same way.....I just got hm this morning from wk & I was watching sport center aftre the jets beat NEW ELG...& they was talking that shit again ......one of the guys for the jets said that they can't wait to get to pittsburgh......what I say to that is ...M'FKER bring your ass own down because James Harrison.'Lamarr Woodley' Foote'.Ziggy Hood.....they watting for your ass & I for got Big Aaron Smith will be back this time....so to all you Jets Fans this message is for u...YOUR LUCK HAS RAN OUT..

That was Bart Scott talking about, can't wait (to be playing in Pittsburgh). He was trying to do his best Joey Porter impression.

chitownpit
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM

YEA! Then throw drinks in sombody`s face.
that sounds cool!:doh:

JiF
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Didnt Sanchez beat the Steelers once already in Pitts?

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and assume that this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Didnt Sanchez beat the Steelers once already in Pitts?

Sanchez barely did anything in that game. He ran a TD in and didn't throw to any Steelers players. That's about it lol.

The safety play and KO return is what won that game for the Jets.

chitownpit
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have complete confedence we can handle the jets.
That last game , as seldom as it happens,tomlins team
wasnt ready to play.For results look at the first play of the game.

Now i was promised as you were, our special teams were to be
shored up this year , and as many , we thought the correct moves
were made to do just that. But im still not convinced for whatever
reason ,maybe coaching,im still not convinced or won over by our
special teams.

With that said , i didnt care much for the way we played in any
facet of the game. I seriously dout tomlin stepts out on that field
with a team unperpared or not ready to play this weekend.

Sancheese is going to realize quickly this isnt new englands
pass rush, or secondary . We maybe older,but i`ll take our
vets over that ,or anybodys defense

chitownpit
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Sanchez barely did anything in that game. He ran a TD in and didn't throw to any Steelers players. That's about it lol.

You are correct. I cant believe the credit i hear people giving this
kid for that win. he didnt lose the game, and we were unperpared
to play. We didnt even look ready to play. It made me sick to watch
as i broke down every play of that game:coffee:

By the way ,does anybody fricken realize Ike Taylor
is one of the most underrated corners that has ever
played this game? I cant remember the last playoff game
this guy has`nt made at least a couple great , game saving
pass defenses. Ok , maybe he does have terrible hands
but ill take the package he brings to the table all day!!!

JiF
01-19-2011, 09:29 AM

Oh, so he didnt win in Pittsburgh with the Jets season on the line.

My bad.

Carry on.

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM

My bad.

Carry on.

He won as part of the Jets team. He honestly didn't do anything that impressed me. His TD run was nice call...but it wasn't anything spectacular on his part, just a great play call. Kudos to the OC and the OL for that. That was the only TD the offense scored.

Pretty much what I'm saying is he did a good job at managing to not lose the game for them (by turning the ball over). Other than that, a fairly lackluster performance IMO. I was only impressed with the defense and special teams in that game.

Buddha Bus
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM

My bad.

Carry on.

Do you also think Dustin Keller went into Pittsburgh and really helped win that game with his whopping 3 catches for 19 yards and 0 touchdowns? Just because somebody played in the game, doesn't mean they were really all that instrumental in the victory.

As SCM said, good play call on the QB bootleg for the TD. I'd give way more credit to your special teams, your defense for the safety and Matt Spaeth.

JiF
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
He won as part of the Jets team. He honestly didn't do anything that impressed me. His TD run was nice call...but it wasn't anything spectacular on his part, just a great play call. Kudos to the OC and the OL for that. That was the only TD the offense scored.

Pretty much what I'm saying is he did a good job at managing to not lose the game for them (by turning the ball over). Other than that, a fairly lackluster performance IMO. I was only impressed with the defense and special teams in that game.

Do you also think Dustin Keller went into Pittsburgh and really helped win that game with his whopping 3 catches for 19 yards and 0 touchdowns? Just because somebody played in the game, doesn't mean they were really all that instrumental in the victory.

As SCM said, good play call on the QB bootleg for the TD. I'd give way more credit to your special teams, your defense for the safety and Matt Spaeth.

Where you guys complaining when Big Ben was managing games in his first SB run?

A win is a win...and when you are a QB, you are judged on wins and losses. Give credit where its due...he came into a hostile environment and didnt turn it over...orchestrated a couple of scoring drives and got the Jets their first win in the state of PA. He did what he was asked to do.

Hopefully he does it again Sunday. Kids a gamer...he might not be very good, but he rises to the occasion.

Third Rail
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Ben did more than manage games as a rook and in his second year. He had 17 TDs an 11 INTs in his first year, followed by 17 & 9 in his second. Also, I don't care how good your running game or your defense is... you don't win 15 games straight unless you have a solid quarterback. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't happen.

Sanchez, in contrast, threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs in his rookie year. His sophomore year has been much better (17 &13) but there's still room for improvement. However, he does deserve some credit for being able to beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs, there's no doubt. He has made major steps since his rookie year... I would say he's more than just a game manager at this point, but I would hesitate to call him a great QB... yet. He's on his way to getting there though. But on a lesser team, he would most likely not be in the playoffs yet.

JiF
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Ben did more than manage games as a rook and in his second year. He had 17 TDs an 11 INTs in his first year, followed by 17 & 9 in his second. Also, I don't care how good your running game or your defense is... you don't win 15 games straight unless you have a solid quarterback. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't happen.

Sanchez, in contrast, threw 12 TDs and 20 INTs in his rookie year. His sophomore year has been much better (17 &13) but there's still room for improvement. However, he does deserve some credit for being able to beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs, there's no doubt. He has made major steps since his rookie year... I would say he's more than just a game manager at this point, but I would hesitate to call him a great QB... yet. He's on his way to getting there though. But on a lesser team, he would most likely not be in the playoffs yet.

This is actually very interesting. I actually dont think Sanchez is very good. He's got an uncanny ability to show up in the biggest moments, but overall not very good.

But to say Big Ben was more than a game manager the first 2 years is very homerific. Ben didnt even attempt 300 passes in his first 2 season. Thats incredibly, incredibly low for this day in age.

Sanchez in his first year, threw 360 and this season, has 507 attempts.

Sanchez is being asked to do a significant amount more than Big Ben was asked to in his first 2 years. In fact, Big Ben has only attempt 500 passes once in his career.

Very interesting to think about for someone like me who is a harsh critic of Sanchez.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Jets Fans,

This is just another ****y delusional fan base to dissapoint this weekend.

-Turk

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Where you guys complaining when Big Ben was managing games in his first SB run?

A win is a win...and when you are a QB, you are judged on wins and losses. Give credit where its due...he came into a hostile environment and didnt turn it over...orchestrated a couple of scoring drives and got the Jets their first win in the state of PA. He did what he was asked to do.

Hopefully he does it again Sunday. Kids a gamer...he might not be very good, but he rises to the occasion.

I tend to agree with you about Ben. He was a game manager in the first couple years. Sanchez certainly has the potential to become more than that as well...I was just specifically talking about his last game. He didn't do anything to impress me other than not screw it up.

And no, outside of the playoff games in '05, I didn't look at it like Ben won those games (at least not in the sense that he won them by himself...some of them were won in spite of his play tbh).