PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Santonio...

ZoneBlitzer
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm worried about this guys, I really am. I fear that just may be the tossing away of big-play Santonio might just come back to bite the Steelers front office in the ass. The TD catch he made today was stupendous. Every time I see Santonio make a huge play, I just shake my head.

NoShootouts
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
long term I'll take Sanders and Brown

will it work out this week ? thats anyone's guess

steelerohio
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Regardless of what he does, I'd take the WRs we have now over him any day...

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
here comes troy polamalu.

4xSBChamps
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
from the neck-down, he's a great-talent, but letting him go was addition-via-subtraction

:wink02:

Atlanta Dan
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm worried about this guys, I really am. I fear that just may be the tossing away of big-play Santonio might just come back to bite the Steelers front office in the ass. The TD catch he made today was stupendous. Every time I see Santonio make a huge play, I just shake my head.

Do you shake it wondering why such a talented WR would jeopardize the opportunity to spend a career with a franchise that has a history of winning and a franchise QB by failing drug tests and being a disruptive presence in the locker room as well as off the field?

I am nervous as well, but Holmes wrote his own ticket out of Pittsburgh after he kept acting out

steeltheone
01-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Regardless of what he does, I'd take the WRs we have now over him any day...

Talent wise no....Holmes is a proven MVP

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Talent wise no....Holmes is a proven MVP

But these young receivers will become better then Santonio in the next 2-3 years.
Next weekend though I'd take Sanders and Brown over Santonio. Next 2-3 years I'd take Sanders or Brown over Santonio, I hope.

Phade
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
sick play no doubt about it. But i love that the franchise stands for the franchise and will not choose a player over the integrity of the franchise.. Thats why they have 6 championships and teams that like to pick up and keep criminals/hollywood acts have 0..

Farrior_roirraW
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
He made a great catch today, but what did he do Week 15? Oh, wait...

Atlanta Dan
01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
sick play no doubt about it. But i love that the franchise stands for the franchise and will not choose a player over the integrity of the franchise....

Unless he is a franchise QB - if #7 played any other position he would have been given his walking papers last spring too

colescott1
01-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Good chance Santonio gets caught "celebrating" (cough, cough) that catch this week.

Puff the Magic Dragon, lives in NYC...

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Good chance Santonio gets caught "celebrating" (cough, cough) that catch this week.

Puff the Magic Dragon, lives in NYC...

breaking news: jets' santonio holmes suspended for remainder of season for violating league's substance abuse policy

:chuckle:

Phade
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Unless he is a franchise QB - if #7 played any other position he would have been given his walking papers last spring too

think so? I honestly was thinking they'd give him the boot but how could they if he wasn't charged?

Mags87
01-16-2011, 09:57 PM
But these young receivers will become better then Santonio in the next 2-3 years.
Next weekend though I'd take Sanders and Brown over Santonio. Next 2-3 years I'd take Sanders or Brown over Santonio, I hope.

do you realize who Santonio Holmes is? this guy is such a playmaker and played a huge role in our Super Bowl season. its ridiculous to believe that both these guys will be better than Santonio

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
do you realize who Santonio Holmes is? this guy is such a playmaker and played a huge role in our Super Bowl season. its ridiculous to believe that both these guys will be better than Santonio

sanders is gonna be the next hines ward

madtowndrunkard
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Say what you want about Holmes....the guy is big in big games. He's clutch. When he's in a zone, he can be unstoppable. He learned from one of the best, Hines Ward. Yea he's a pot head but that will not matter this sunday.

We damn well better respect this guy, he's got vengeance on his mind.

If we are going to win this game we need to stop Holmes and Edwards from making big plays. Keeping Holmes and Edwards from making big catches is going to be tough. We can all throw that first matchup out the window. I think the Jets proved that today.

Atlanta Dan
think so? I honestly was thinking they'd give him the boot but how could they if he wasn't charged?

Same reasons Goodell suspended him with the Steelers support - Tomlin made a point of standing with Roethlisberger at the press conference when he denied the Nevada charges, I bet told #7 then to stay out of trouble, after which the Georgia problems occur

Do not want to flog the dead horse of the Georgia mess, just pointing out the disparate treatment (which I support assuming last spring's problem is the last off the field issue)

lionslicer
Yeah everyone will take Wallace, Sanders and Brown bla bla bla, but whats to worry about is Holmes destroying our defense...

If anyone has seen him during this season, he has had some catches during very big moments in the game. If the Steelers don't take a comanding lead against the Jets, Holmes could come back to bite the Steelers in the ass.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Say what you want about Holmes....the guy is big in big games. He's clutch. When he's in a zone, he can be unstoppable. He learned from one of the best, Hines Ward. Yea he's a pot head but that will not matter this sunday.

We damn well better respect this guy, he's got vengeance on his mind.

If we are going to win this game we need to stop Holmes and Edwards from making big plays. Keeping Holmes and Edwards from making big catches is going to be tough. We can all throw that first matchup out the window. I think the Jets proved that today.

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability man.

nothing wrong with supporting your wr corps of the future and having faith in them to get it done, though.

not to mention faith in our defense. we played with him, we know his tendencies, strengths, weaknesses. we will be as prepared as anyone else for him.

stlrtruck
01-16-2011, 10:40 PM
her comes Ryan Clark. Think bongtonio doesn't know how hard he hits people.

realdeal
01-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Smokey is a good player but not great!! Big Ben should have been the MVP of that SB!! Mike Wallace is much better than Santonio without the baggage!!

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.nflbettinglines.net/resources/Troy-Polamalu.jpg

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Dime bag wrote his own ticket out of town and he won't be the game changer this week. He may have a big catch in the game but alot of other scenarios will play out with more impact than a big catch. I'm more worried about Commarti, Revis, Taylor and Scott than anyone on their offense.

Third Rail
01-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Holmes is a great player, but for every amazing catch he makes, he misses one really easy one. So hopefully he'll be a non-factor in this game, or a minor factor at worst.

SacknificentStew56
01-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm not worried about him at all. I'm confident in our defense that he'll be a non factor just like the last game.

SteelerFanInATL
01-17-2011, 01:43 AM

Wallace and the two rookies have made me forget about Holmes.

Frankie3521
01-17-2011, 02:06 AM
sick play no doubt about it. But i love that the franchise stands for the franchise and will not choose a player over the integrity of the franchise.. Thats why they have 6 championships and teams that like to pick up and keep criminals/hollywood acts have 0..

That "criminal" made the game winning catch to give us one of those championships.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Wallace and the two rookies have made me forget about Holmes.

same here.

finesward
01-17-2011, 06:11 AM
I'm more worried about edwards, who has the size tone doesn't...we often struggle with bigger WR's (not named boldin) I feel Ike can shut down tone, but that leaves the rest of the secondary to contend with edwards, and even crotch had a big RAC yesterday. They along with keller are a formidable bunch. The absolute KEY is bringing pressure. Brady crumbled yesterday under pressure, so did flacco, so will sanchez.

Rick5895
01-17-2011, 06:38 AM
I will offer this, Sanchez has yet to play a team in this playoffs with our D and Pass Rush. He won't hit deep passes because he won't have time, they won't be able to run on us and we tackle better so the short passes won't likely be turned into long gains. My bet is both EDwards and Santo get hit hard by Clark et al and then develop alligator arms.

zulater
01-17-2011, 06:51 AM

What about the play Brown made Saturday? Our receivers are fine, Wallace would have never emerged as the threat that he is if he had to play in Holmes shadow. Overall we're a better team with our current receivers core than we were with Holmes.

Rick5895
01-17-2011, 07:00 AM
What about the play Brown made Saturday? Our receivers are fine, Wallace would have never emerged as the threat that he is if he had to play in Holmes shadow. Overall we're a better team with our current receivers core than we were with Holmes.

Well said!!

:drink: :applaudit: :tt04:

JetsFan17
01-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Plenty of juicy storylines heading into the AFCCG, probably none more than Santonio making his second trip back. I can't friggin wait.

MDSteel15
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
:thumbsup:I was never a fan of his and I hope somebody(Clark) lights his ass up!!!

SmashmouthFootball
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I fear that just may be the tossing away of big-play Santonio might just come back to bite the Steelers front office in the ass. T

On the contrary, Santonio's catch in that NE game might be the difference in us getting to play the Jets at home versus the Patriots on the road in our quest for #7.

Maybe trading him to the Jets was our newfound strategy to beat the Pats :applaudit: