PDA

View Full Version : If Bears-Steelers Superbowl: worst OLs ever!

ETL
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
If the Bears and Steelers reach the superbowl, I can't think of two crappier OLs in a Super Bowl ever! I live here in Chicago and they have had to assemble their OL throughout this football year as the Steelers have done. Earlier this year, I think they gave up 9 sacks to the Giants ... in one half!

I know games are won in the trenches and if the Bears and Steelers reach the SB - what that means is that a good QB can overcome a bad OL but you can't overcome a bad DL - it will kill you as you will give up too much run yards (ask NE)

One common denominator is that both OLs have a good center: Pouncey and Olin Kreutz. The rest are big bodies to impede other big bodies.

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
lol i didn't think about that but that's true. bears' offensive line might even be worse than ours

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Bears OL has been playing much better since Mike Tice started coaching them.

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
If the Bears and Steelers reach the superbowl, I can't think of two crappier OLs in a Super Bowl ever! I live here in Chicago and they have had to assemble their OL throughout this football year as the Steelers have done. Earlier this year, I think they gave up 9 sacks to the Giants ... in one half!

I know games are won in the trenches and if the Bears and Steelers reach the SB - what that means is that a good QB can overcome a bad OL but you can't overcome a bad DL - it will kill you as you will give up too much run yards (ask NE)

One common denominator is that both OLs have a good center: Pouncey and Olin Kreutz. The rest are big bodies to impede other big bodies.

That was then - since their bye week, they made adjustments, including running the football more, and they've gelled nicely under Martz/Tice.

SH-Rock
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Well what about the Packers Offensive line? They aren't exactly spectacular either.

7steelcurtain5
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Two power house teams in the Super Bowl sounds like fun!

Atlanta Dan
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
NFL is thrilled with who is left - 2 legendary franchises in Green Bay and Pittsburgh and 2 other teams from the #1 and #3 TV markets - any matchup with those 4 teams will draw huge ratings

Fire Arians
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
jay cutler is a douche bag

i don't know what it is about the guy but i could never stand him for some reason