PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead...white jerseys

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 01:28 AM
I know it is too early to look ahead at the Superbowl but i don't think 1 fan can cause a jinx.

Damn. It is our turn to wear the white jerseys AGAIN. I guess we won the other 2 SBs in the last 6 years in white so why not? lol I know Cowher chose white in 2005-6. I just like Black and wanted us to wear them.

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 02:29 AM
i hope the steelers and the league will do whatever makes you happiest in regards to your fashion preferences.

:doh:

this is perfect evidence of why every single thought a fan may have doesnt desrve its own thread.

carry on wit yo bad self!

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 03:05 AM
I like black better also, but the Steelers do have a better away record than home record this year.

steeltheone
01-17-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't care! Either works..

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
i hope the steelers and the league will do whatever makes you happiest in regards to your fashion preferences.

this is perfect evidence of why every single thought a fan may have doesnt desrve its own thread.

You get too worked up...lol It's just a message board.

Simply a fan saying he was hoping we would get to wear traditional black but noticed we were destined to wear white for the 3rd time in a row gets you into a dramatic phase with ":doh:" and talking about fashion as if it is a sin to like our home colors. lol Too much melodrama for me. You don't have to like (or respond to) everything that crosses your eyes. The subject matter was clear from the title.

Then you go on to imply I want the league to change the rules? Wow...melodrama.

The rules are fair. I just miss our old Black from the 70s Superbowls. We wore white for 1 but we were also helped because Dallas prefers white so we would have worn black anyway in those 2 then the 79 season fell on a black.

All the odd number seasons are black and even number seasons white (except the Cowher superstitious thing in 05).

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
I like black better also, but the Steelers do have a better away record than home record this year.
Exactly

I don't care! Either works..

Have you purchased any white Jerseys? I might one day. It's starting to grow on me (after we won 2 SBs in them) but I really didn't like them before. I definitely prefer our black ones.

fordfan485
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I'ts still possible that the steelers could wear black if they make it to the big game along with the packers beat the bears. The packers being a 6 seed might decide to take the same option the 2005 steelers did which was wear white since all their previous playoff games that season where away games.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
I'ts still possible that the steelers could wear black if they make it to the big game along with the packers beat the bears. The packers being a 6 seed might decide to take the same option the 2005 steelers did which was wear white since all their previous playoff games that season where away games.

I doubt it. I looked it up and the Packers only wore white at home twice in their history so they really like their Green. It does make you feel like you are the home team when you wear your home colors. Cowher was just going for the "us against the world...don't change anything" thing but that is unusual and nobody else has really been doing that.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 11:02 PM

Hey, this thought crossed my mind as well...:noidea:

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey, this thought crossed my mind as well...:noidea:

You two must be blood brothers...lol The thought crossed your mind that I wanted the league to change the rules for choosing jerseys because i was obsessed with fashion because I was hoping we'd get to wear out black jerseys? Or the thought crossed your mind that fans should be limited from posting ideas you don't find interesting yet you click on to read...and then waste your time commenting on.

LOL If I'm not interested in a topic, I skip it...:sofunny: I can't be bothered to waste my time.
Drama

PhantomJB93
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
You two must be blood brothers...lol The thought crossed your mind that I wanted the league to change the rules for choosing jerseys because i was obsessed with fashion because I was hoping we'd get to wear out black jerseys? Or the thought crossed your mind that fans should be limited from posting ideas you don't find interesting yet you click on to read...and then waste your time commenting on.

LOL If I'm not interested in a topic, I skip it...:sofunny: I can't be bothered to waste my time.
Drama

Actually, I was defending you and meant the thought also crossed my mind of how we'd wear white jerseys again for the third straight SB IF we beat the Jets sunday and was trying to imply that it wasn't a stupid post.

But rereading what I said I see how it could be misinterpreted and I should have clarified lol.

Wallace108
01-18-2011, 01:14 AM

But for some of those away games (Titans, Bucs, Dolphins), we wore the black home jerseys. :noidea:

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't care if we wear pink, I just want to beat the Jets... I still remeber the pain I felt when we lost to the chargers after being an 8 point favorite. We also almost lost on a hail mary to the colts in a championship after being favored (think that was an AFCC game):mad:

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Actually, I was defending you and meant the thought also crossed my mind of how we'd wear white jerseys again for the third straight SB IF we beat the Jets sunday and was trying to imply that it wasn't a stupid post.

But rereading what I said I see how it could be misinterpreted and I should have clarified lol.

Oh. I'm sorry then.

It's just that this should be a time of joy for all our Steelers brothers and it just seems some are intent on going around trying to pick fights with their fellow Steeler friends. lol Why not save it for the enemy. We are all on the same side.

I run into tons of stuff I'm not interested in. I just figure as long as somebody else is and they are having a conversation, why should I try to be rude and emphasize that I don't like the thread etc. Others don't think that way.

Let's go Steelers.:tt04:

warddj86
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I know it is too early to look ahead at the Superbowl but i don't think 1 fan can cause a jinx.

Damn. It is our turn to wear the white jerseys AGAIN. I guess we won the other 2 SBs in the last 6 years in white so why not? lol I know Cowher chose white in 2005-6. I just like Black and wanted us to wear them.

I think it will be Steelers-Packers. The Steelers would win their two games at home with the blacks on. Green Bay would have won three road games in the whites...

But it will be Green Bay (Green) vs. Pittsburgh (White)?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I think it will be Steelers-Packers. The Steelers would win their two games at home with the blacks on. Green Bay would have won three road games in the whites...

But it will be Green Bay (Green) vs. Pittsburgh (White)?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah...I miss our Blacks. I always imagine those great SBs in Black but if we go to our 3rd SB in a row with white, I guess that'll have to change.

White just makes you feel like visitors...it's fine but not preferred to me. Our colors are Black and Gold not White and Gold. Winning is most important of course.

If we win, that would mean we will have won 4 with white and 3 with black.

In SB XIII we would have worn white if we had played another team besides the Cowboys (who prefer white).

4xSBChamps
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
But for some of those away games (Titans, Bucs, Dolphins), we wore the black home jerseys. :noidea:

the home-team gets to choose, and several Southern teams pick their Whites early in the season, forcing the visitors to wear a dark-color in the sun-light

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
the home-team gets to choose, and several Southern teams pick their Whites early in the season, forcing the visitors to wear a dark-color in the sun-light

I think he knows that. He was just pointing that out because someone mentioned our Away record was better (implying we have done better in the white Jerseys).

I think it is a coincidence. We were missing Ben for one game, one was against the Pats, one was a last second loss to the Jets.

Tomlin overall has a better home record than road I believe. It's all fine. As long as we win...but overall i still like our black Jerseys better. That makes me feel like "This is our house."

Wallace108
01-19-2011, 12:53 AM
I think he knows that. He was just pointing that out because someone mentioned our Away record was better (implying we have done better in the white Jerseys).

Thanks, SteelKnight. That's exactly what I was pointing out.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Now, now Steelers! :nono:
You know your not supposed to wear white after Labor Day and before Easter. :flap: