PDA

View Full Version : Additional Bodies for O-Line?

ZoneBlitzer
01-17-2011, 02:58 AM
What do the Steelers do with their current offensive line situation? Should they sit ARE and bring a guy in from the practice squad? Does anyone know who the back ups are? The Steelers were dangerously low on personnel on the o-line in the last game and I'm thinking that they will have make sure that doesn't happen again.

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 03:02 AM
:sofunny:

practice squad???

lmao! maybe we should just cut someone and sign a player from the canadian football league. ive heard there are great lineman up there ready to make the jump to a potential superbowl ready squad at any moment. :rolleyes:

we have tony hills and chris scott on the 53 man roster.

they are better than anything we are gonna get anywhere else or they wouldnt be on the roster.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 03:03 AM
I think it was a really unfortunate thing that flozell got sick. I think it was just the flu so he should be back next week and ready to rock. we should be fine if that's the case.

we should be able to come into the game with the same roster and be ok as long as flo's ready

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 03:03 AM
There wouldn't be enough recievers, they have to have 5 active, I think Battle is inactive.

Steelers have a couple back up OL on the roster that are inactive, they would activate them if they needed to. If they had to, they would deactivate a defensive back or a quarterback.

But, Tomlin mentioned early this season, Spaeth is the emergency offensive lineman incase 3 go down in one game. If that happened, he would probably play right tackle and Steelers would have Miller/Johnson over there to help block or chuck a defensive player at the line before going out for a route.

MDSteel15
01-17-2011, 08:11 AM
There wouldn't be enough recievers, they have to have 5 active, I think Battle is inactive.

Steelers have a couple back up OL on the roster that are inactive, they would activate them if they needed to. If they had to, they would deactivate a defensive back or a quarterback.

But, Tomlin mentioned early this season, Spaeth is the emergency offensive lineman incase 3 go down in one game. If that happened, he would probably play right tackle and Steelers would have Miller/Johnson over there to help block or chuck a defensive player at the line before going out for a route.

Let's just pray it doesn't get this far... :thumbsup: