PDA

View Full Version : Deion Branch doesn't like Jets taunting Pats fans

jjpro11
01-17-2011, 08:57 AM
the hypocritical dick-wad must have forgotten how he and his homo teammates taunted Steelers fans during the 2004-05 AFCCG.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/17/deion-branch-rebukes-no-clas-jets/#comment-921099

Four years ago, former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson took aim at the Patriots after they knocked off the 14-2 top seed in San Diego, prompting some of them to do Shawne Merriman’s “lights out” routine in the middle of the field.

Said Tomlinson at the time: “I can’t sit there and watch that. And so, yeah, I was very upset. And just the fact that they showed no class at all. Absolutely no class. And maybe that comes from their head coach. So you know, there you have it.”

The tables turned Sunday, when Tomlinson’s current team knocked off the 14-2 top seed in New England. Some of the Jets apparently were too exuberant, prompting New England receiver Deion Branch to take a page out of the L.T. playbook.

“I think the embarrassing part came after the game, with some of the classless guys they have on their football team,” Branch said after the game, according to the Boston Herald. “That’s their style. You have to expect that. They’re going to do that from now until they’re gone. Half the guys on the field, it was shameful, the guys with no class, that stuff comes back to bite you.”

Branch said that some Jets were taunting Patriots fans after the game. Some Patriots, including Branch, opted not to shake hands with some Jets players because of it.

“I’m a champion. I’m always congratulating guys upon victory,” Branch said. “They beat us today. They beat us when it mattered. The ones with class, I shook their hands. The other ones, I didn’t. . . . For them to act like that, you can tell they’re not used to being in this position.”

We don’t have a problem with players directing smack-talk between and among themselves, before, during, or after a game. Most fans prefer to finger-pointing than handshakes between players from rival teams. But when the players start to get into with the fans, that’s when the line is crossed.

At a time when the NFL is trying to get more and more people to choose to pay good money to attend games in person in lieu of watching the games on HD/3D televisions in the comfort of their own homes, the last thing the league wants to see is players making the experience less enjoyable for the paying customers.

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 09:23 AM
“I’m a champion. I’m always congratulating guys upon victory,” Branch said. “They beat us today. They beat us when it mattered. The ones with class, I shook their hands. The other ones, I didn’t. . . . For them to act like that, you can tell they’re not used to being in this position.”

Um last time I checked you haven't won squat since caught cheating, your own patriots* brethern have also been as classless as the jets (pot meet kettle), and to take a page out of your own QBs mouth, "If you want it to end, then stop them (or in this case out score them). You didn't, therefore retribution for years of turmoil came to the service today in foxborough! Goodbye cheatriots*, last 3 playoff games 0-3! :muhaha:

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Um last time I checked you haven't won squat since caught cheating, your own patriots* brethern have also been as classless as the jets (pot meet kettle), and to take a page out of your own QBs mouth, "If you want it to end, then stop them (or in this case out score them). You didn't, therefore retribution for years of turmoil came to the service today in foxborough! Goodbye cheatriots*, last 3 playoff games 0-3! :muhaha:

Only one thing I can say, Truck...

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/nelson-muntz.jpg

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
At a time when the NFL is trying to get more and more people to choose to pay good money to attend games in person in lieu of watching the games on HD/3D televisions in the comfort of their own homes, the last thing the league wants to see is players making the experience less enjoyable for the paying customers

Actually the kind of fans who enjoy taunting players from the stands probably enjoyed having the Jets taunt them back - we aren't dealing here with a NBA type situation with players going into the stands to beat up fans

Pats simply need to shut up and brood about perhaps not taking the Jets seriously enough (I know I didn't think the Jets had a prayer)

steelerdave1969
01-17-2011, 10:12 AM
I feel so sorry for Deion Branch . . cant believe someone would do that to the Patriots. The Pats dont deserve that at all. I am just amazed that someone would think that the Patriots would poke fun at anyone.
Come On Man . . . You big egotistic jerk. Your Patriots would have been doing the same thing if the game were in NY and you would have won there . . I dont wanna here that junk man. Just accept your Butt Whoopin and Move On Prik:chuckle:

jjpro11
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
i don't think there was anyone even left in the stands for the Jets to taunt. that place was empty after the Jets scored their last TD.

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
A lot of simmering hatred of the Pats in full cry today:chuckle:

What is it about the Patriots' pissy excellence all these years? When they are good—whether running up pinball scores on helpless opponents or simply cold-bloodedly draining the clock for yet another three-point victory in a Super Bowl—they project the sense that their coach and quarterback have solved the game of football the way an unbeatable computer has solved the game of checkers, and with just as much joy....

Patriots fans love gloating about the face that Peyton Manning makes when the Colts lose, but by halftime, Tom Brady was developing a face all of his own: a Sad Baby face, the petulant, uncomprehending look of a 16-year-old kid who got a convertible Mustang for his birthday, then left the top down in a rainstorm.

http://www.slate.com/id/2280442/entry/2281451/

revisisland
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Branch is acting like a moron.

not only does he complain like a little baby, but he was talking smack to the jets sideline DURING the game when his team was LOSING. Not to mention the hypocrisy of the patriots, they taunted fans and did over the top celebrations in San diego in pittsburgh during the playoffs and during the 45-3 game they taunted the jets sideline and mocked the jets airplane celebration. his team got beat fair and square and hes just whining.

and for the lolz, here is the brady equivalent of the sad peyton manning face..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5290/sadbrady.jpg

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
yeah, cause the pats have NEVER taunted anybody lol.

suck it branch

stlrtruck
01-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Branch is acting like a moron.

not only does he complain like a little baby, but he was talking smack to the jets sideline DURING the game when his team was LOSING. Not to mention the hypocrisy of the patriots, they taunted fans and did over the top celebrations in San diego in pittsburgh during the playoffs and during the 45-3 game they taunted the jets sideline and mocked the jets airplane celebration. his team got beat fair and square and hes just whining.

and for the lolz, here is the brady equivalent of the sad peyton manning face..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5290/sadbrady.jpg

Is marsha crying? There's no crying in football. :rofl: