PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin at it Again

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 11:45 AM
When the subject came up between Irvin and Sanders on who the most clutch QB left in the playoffs was, the tool said Aaron Rogers. Deion did not refute that statement and never even mentioned Ben.

Then, to make it even worse, when asked who the best defense was that was left in the playoffs, he said the Green Bay Packers. What planet is this guy from? I guess it must be the Coke haze that he lives in if he thinks Green Bay has a better defense than the Steelers. At least Deion called him out on that one and said that the Steelers had by far the best defense left in the playoffs.

I don't know why I bother watching these fools, but I can't help myself. I knew the Steelers would get no respect coming into the AFCCG. All we will hear all week is JETS, JETS, JETS. They beat the mighty Patriots so they MUST be the favorite.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
The day I care about what Irvin says is the day I KILL myself!! That dude is such a hater of everything steelers it's embarrassing! I mean this guy all year has been dogging the Jets. Now, when they have to play Pittsburgh, he is on their Bandwagon. He is LOUDER then the " Pimp " like suits he wears! He is an idiot. A buffoon, and is as intelligent as it is warm in Pittsburgh right about now!

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 11:54 AM
You'd get more intelligent and in-depth analysis from these two guys.

http://epguides.com/BeavisandButthead/cast.jpg

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 11:55 AM
The day I care about what Irvin says is the day I KILL myself!! That dude is such a hater of everything steelers it's embarrassing! I mean this guy all year has been dogging the Jets. Now, when they have to play Pittsburgh, he is on their Bandwagon. He is LOUDER then the " Pimp " like suits he wears! He is an idiot. A buffoon, and is as intelligent as it is warm in Pittsburgh right about now!

These guys are coke heads....why would you care what they think? They have the mental capacity of an 8 year old.

plenewken
01-17-2011, 12:01 PM
These guys are coke heads....why would you care what they think? They have the mental capacity of an 8 year old.

You're tough with the 8 year old kid. <g>

Each time I listen to these former (or current) NFL players I always wonder how the hell they got a college degree.

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I was just getting in my daily complaint of the "NO RESPECT" card. The Steelers get no respect and that will never change. Ben has been through the wars. Rogers has not. I suspect that Rogers will crap the bed against the Bears defense and Ben will fight through adversity and take us back to the promised land. I know they are fools, but it is hard to find anything else to watch on the NFL.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't dispute it. The question wasn't about who you'd want inside 2 minutes leading a drive, it was who you'd want for the whole game. Rodgers has been phenomenal, he's won 2 of 3 with fantastic performances in all his games, and even in his one loss he accounted for like 4 TDs and 400+ yards.

And Deion did bring up Ben later in the segment, and Irvin said the difference in his choice between Ben and Rodgers was VERY VERY close.

They both can be aholes sometimes but I saw nothing wrong with their arguments in the segment, except when Irvin said he'd take the Packers D over the Steelers. Deion stuck up for us there though.

mesaSteeler
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
When the subject came up between Irvin and Sanders on who the most clutch QB left in the playoffs was, the tool said Aaron Rogers. Deion did not refute that statement and never even mentioned Ben.

Then, to make it even worse, when asked who the best defense was that was left in the playoffs, he said the Green Bay Packers. What planet is this guy from? I guess it must be the Coke haze that he lives in if he thinks Green Bay has a better defense than the Steelers. At least Deion called him out on that one and said that the Steelers had by far the best defense left in the playoffs.

I don't know why I bother watching these fools, but I can't help myself. I knew the Steelers would get no respect coming into the AFCCG. All we will hear all week is JETS, JETS, JETS. They beat the mighty Patriots so they MUST be the favorite.

So much the better if the Jets are the favorite.

TRH
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
by listening to Sportscenter and GameDay analysis you would barely know we were even in the playoffs.......

Its pretty disgusting.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't dispute it. The question wasn't about who you'd want inside 2 minutes leading a drive, it was who you'd want for the whole game. Rodgers has been phenomenal, he's won 2 of 3 with fantastic performances in all his games, and even in his one loss he accounted for like 4 TDs and 400+ yards.

And Deion did bring up Ben later in the segment, and Irvin said the difference in his choice between Ben and Rodgers was VERY VERY close.

They both can be aholes sometimes but I saw nothing wrong with their arguments in the segment, except when Irvin said he'd take the Packers D over the Steelers. Deion stuck up for us there though.

Really ? Well did you see the statement where Irvin said that having Troy back for the rematch with the Jets is no big deal. He said that Troy's style won't hinder the Jets offense at all!! :chuckle: And yet you think this guy is not an idiot ?

TRH
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Really ? Well did you see the statement where Irvin said that having Troy back for the rematch with the Jets is no big deal. He said that Troy's style won't hinder the Jets offense at all!! :chuckle: And yet you think this guy is not an idiot ?

no big deal. lol.....he all but completely dissed Troy last week in the discussion between Troy and Ed Reed. It was unbelievable.

MDSteel15
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM

I can't stand either of those toolbags but they did Deion did say to Irvin You take him even over Big Ben? I do to jus t because of the way Rodgers is playing right now in the playoffs! And then Michael said he loved Ben but was siding with Aaron Rodgers.

NoFieldFive
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
what any of those fools say has nothing to do with what happens on the field. I'd rather them love everyone else and the Steelers keep on winning. to me watching these shows is just entertainment and some football talk while there is no football to watch.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:08 PM
irvin is a crackhead, do people even listen to him?

wootawnee
01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Come on man.....What Dallas Cowboy is ever gonna like a Steeler?.......Deon does, but he don't count......He on was several different teams.......

You like any Dallas Cowboys?.....

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Shannon Sharpe is no better...

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Come on man.....What Dallas Cowboy is ever gonna like a Steeler?.......Deon does, but he don't count......He on was several different teams.......

You like any Dallas Cowboys?.....

deion isn't really a cowboy, he was a dude just chasing a check lol. as soon as someone paid him more money he'd be gone

steelerage
01-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah, Steelers-Ravens was by far the best game of the weekend and all we got from ESPN was the Packers blow out and the Bearded Lady losing...I had to dvr the extra point show on Pburgh CW to catch any sSteeler coverage..

Michael Irvin would pick Shippensburg if they were playing the Steelers. He's an idiot. I gotta admit tho, I love seeing Shannon Sharpe all flustered by the Steelers winning ways...lol...Cowher better keep a big supply of hankies onset for Sharpe to cry in. He can't believe his homeboys Raybunnie and Thuggs and company are home for the season. I LOVE IT!!!

Steelerfreak58
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
#83 and #43 are playing this time around and those two make a huge difference. Jets will have their hands full.

Goldsteel86
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
As stated before in a previous post, the Steelers get no respect! C'mon, they defeated one of the most physical teams of all time, if you look at the tale of the tape, the Jets aren't even close to what the Ravens are. Break it down by the numbers, sorry to say but I say that the Steelers deserve a little respect, especially looking at what adversity they had to go through going into the second half. Oh, and yes the Jets did beat the Steelers once, in a close game in which video showed Emmanuel Sanders was held, or pulled, call it what you want. I believe that it is time to get some "RESPECT" for where it is deserved, time to quit disregarding the fact that this is looking like a "whole team" concept here. Between the "D" and the "O" they know what it takes, gotta start taking a very hard look, I will say this Coach Cowher sees it and he hasn't quit on the Steelers even as an "Expert" analyst!!!!!!! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM

micheal irvin is a crackhead. i wouldn't listen to anything he says. i don't even know how he has a job on that show?

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Rodgers is better than Ben right now. He is on a streak.

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
http://epguides.com/BeavisandButthead/cast.jpg

To jump off topic for a moment, has anyone noticed lately that Phil Simms appears to be getting hair styling advice from one or both of these dudes?

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
micheal irvin is a crackhead. i wouldn't listen to anything he says. i don't even know how he has a job on that show?

affirmative action? lol :chuckle:

BnGSouth
01-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Apples and oranges. Rodgers wasn't playing Baltimore, who are a much better defense than Philly or Atlanta. I think Rodgers has a great career ahead of him, but there's no way 2 playoff wins puts him over Ben's 9 playoff wins and 2 superbowls. I'm also pretty sure Ben won the QB duel when they played last year, too.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
affirmative action? lol :chuckle:

i thought thats why rich eisen was hired?

plenewken
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Apples and oranges. Rodgers wasn't playing Baltimore, who are a much better defense than Philly or Atlanta. I think Rodgers has a great career ahead of him, but there's no way 2 playoff wins puts him over Ben's 9 playoff wins and 2 superbowls. I'm also pretty sure Ben won the QB duel when they played last year, too.

Both QBs played extremely well but Ben won the duel. He had 503yds passing which is the new record for a Steelers QB.

Passing leaders:

Green Bay C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
Rodgers 26/48 383 8.0 3 0 101.3

Pittsburgh C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
Roethli... 29/46 503 10.9 3 0 121.9

HAWK
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
I like the NFL NEtwork crew. They can't always pick our teams. But they crack me up nonetheless.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I like the NFL NEtwork crew. They can't always pick our teams. But they crack me up nonetheless.

well, they always pick the patriots.

HAWK
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
And honestly, who can blame them?

harrison'samonster
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Irvin, like everybody else, is entitled to his own opinion. It's just that Irvin's opinion is wrong. I guess the only thing that's going to change people's mind on Rothlisberger is 3 rings. Oh well, that can be arranged.

Steelboy84
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Shannon Sharpe is no better...

Or Marshall Faulk.

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
well, they always pick the patriots.

Really? Really? Just because the Patriots were on a hot streak it becomes illegal for them to pick the Patriots?

ucsteve667
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
How did Shannon Sharpe get a job as a commentator when he cannot speak clearly at all....

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Really? Really? Just because the Patriots were on a hot streak it becomes illegal for them to pick the Patriots?

well you shoulda heard shannon sharpe in the pregame show. he was talking as if the jets shouldn't have even bothered to come and play the game, that's pretty uncool imo.

stb_steeler
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Irvin, like everybody else, is entitled to his own opinion. It's just that Irvin's opinion is wrong. I guess the only thing that's going to change people's mind on Rothlisberger is 3 rings. Oh well, that can be arranged.

They would still doubt him no matter how many rings he has.....

stb_steeler
01-17-2011, 07:17 PM
How did Shannon Sharpe get a job as a commentator when he cannot speak clearly at all....

Well since the Fat Albert show ended.....mush mouth Sharpe needed work somewhere!

HAWK
01-17-2011, 07:31 PM
They would still doubt him no matter how many rings he has.....

QFT.

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 07:35 PM

You missed the point. The question was who was the most "CLUTCH" QB of the 4 that are left. It is Ben hands down. No question. Rodgers may get there but he isn't there yet.

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Aaron Rogers? He's on crack or something.

But to say the Greenbay defense is the best in the playoffs, I wouldn't agree with that, but that isn't a terrible answer. Any defense other than the Bears could be deamed the best defense in the playoffs. Even the Jets, look what they did to Brady.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
What a damn laugh! Ben STILL has a chip on his shoulder to prove and I love it! I love Aaron Rodgers, he's a damn stud and I respect the HELL out of the GB Packers, but he's not in Ben's league yet, sorry, but MAYBE one day.

caseyviator
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
As stated before in a previous post, the Steelers get no respect! C'mon, they defeated one of the most physical teams of all time, if you look at the tale of the tape, the Jets aren't even close to what the Ravens are. Break it down by the numbers, sorry to say but I say that the Steelers deserve a little respect, especially looking at what adversity they had to go through going into the second half. Oh, and yes the Jets did beat the Steelers once, in a close game in which video showed Emmanuel Sanders was held, or pulled, call it what you want. I believe that it is time to get some "RESPECT" for where it is deserved, time to quit disregarding the fact that this is looking like a "whole team" concept here. Between the "D" and the "O" they know what it takes, gotta start taking a very hard look, I will say this Coach Cowher sees it and he hasn't quit on the Steelers even as an "Expert" analyst!!!!!!! :tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

super great post and i will add the STEElers big o and huge d are rollins full thrOTTLE NOW AT THE RIGHT TIME OF THE YEAR....RITE NOW WE ARE UNSTIOPPABLE RITE into the superbowl and if we get the bears we will blow them out no contest

this week it a blow out guys absolutely and by blowout in this game i mean 14 points

STeelers 37
jets 23

caseyviator
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM

OH MY GOD SHarpe is the BIGEST oF the 3 stooges on tv he looks and sounds like that kid on THE fat ALBERT TV show with thAT THING ON his head that looks like a long OVERSIZED HELMET...THE OTHE 2 STOOGES TO ME ARE MARSHALL FAUK AND MICHEAL Irvin...............:banging:

OX1947
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Respect is given after Super Bowl wins. Steelers have 2 more wins to go, get that, and there is enough to go around.

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Steelers-Ravens was by far the best game of the weekend and all we got from ESPN was the Packers blow out and the Bearded Lady losing...I had to dvr the extra point show on Pburgh CW to catch any sSteeler coverage..

Michael Irvin would pick Shippensburg if they were playing the Steelers. He's an idiot. I gotta admit tho, I love seeing Shannon Sharpe all flustered by the Steelers winning ways...lol...Cowher better keep a big supply of hankies onset for Sharpe to cry in. He can't believe his homeboys Raybunnie and Thuggs and company are home for the season. I LOVE IT!!!

But they'd have John Kuhn!!!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Seriously though, there is more football brains in my daughter's discarded diapers then these three clowns have.

Sharpe wonders why he's not in the HOF yet - it's because nobody wants to be stuck listening to 20 minutes of him attempting to speak.

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
OH MY GOD SHarpe is the BIGEST oF the 3 stooges on tv he looks and sounds like that kid on THE fat ALBERT TV show with thAT THING ON his head that looks like a long OVERSIZED HELMET...THE OTHE 2 STOOGES TO ME ARE MARSHALL FAUK AND MICHEAL Irvin...............:banging:

Oh my God, Sharpe is the worst ever! The dude is a total Anti-Steeler, and Anti-Ben Hater. He constantly bashed Ben during his ordeal, and yet Sharpe was the biggest supporter when Ray Lewis was on trial for conspiracy toi Murder ( LOL )

Here's a CLASSIC Steeler fans. Anyone remember the great SNL skit about Ray-Ray ? " Ray of Light " :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit: Here it is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

SoB2367
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
The Jets are the hot story right now in the NFL. If the Steelers put up, rather than shut up this weekend, everyone will forget about the Jets. I do find it humorous that the one guy left in the playoffs with multiple SB rings doesnt get any credit at all. It's cool though.....as long as we win!

dcbng
01-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Sure, the Steelers get no respect, let it stay that way, and then we can all laugh at the fools come monday morning.

As far as Clutch QB's, none of the other three still in have had to make a huge come back to win.

None of the other remaining QB's have even been to a Superbowl, let alone led a last minute game winning drive.

I'll take Ben any day over the other three, I would take him over Manning and Brady, for I believe that he is a tougher ball player than them.

The Steelers have the top defense in the playoffs, second only to SD in the regular season(see where turnovers and inconsistancy will get you).

Yes the Jets have a good defense, but not good enough. They have a very strong secondary, but have trouble stopping the run.

The Steelers will stop the run, and will force Snachez into making mastakes.

Game.

tanda10506
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Michael Irvin has foot in mouth syndrome. Probably from all the crack. The fact that he chose Rodgers over Ben is one thing, but the Packers D over Steelers D? Is he still doing the crack?? I don't think anybody that watches football except for a few Packers homers would choose the Packers D over ours. That's insanity. I think sometimes these clowns say things to piss people off on purpose and to try to up the ratings of there shows.

MaineSteelerFan
01-18-2011, 06:46 PM
First off they are both idiots, second they are both NFC players....

BigRick
01-19-2011, 12:20 AM

My thoughts exactly! Remember the old joke from when Irvin was still playing? What do you call a bunch of millinoinare dope fiends watching the Super Bowl? THE DALLAS COWBOYS !! :rofl:

SteelSurf
01-19-2011, 07:23 AM
My thoughts exactly! Remember the old joke from when Irvin was still playing? What do you call a bunch of millinoinare dope fiends watching the Super Bowl? THE DALLAS COWBOYS !! :rofl:

What's another term for a Dallas Drug Ring?

A Cowboys Huddle.
:D