PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers, the browns Super Bowl?

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
I found this in this mornings Lake News Herald,

"A big upset for the Browns would be paying back the Steelers by beating them, 41-0, in Pittsburgh in a prime-time game on Thursday, Dec. 7, slightly less than a year after the Steelers humiliated the Browns by the same score on Christmas Eve 2005."

It always seem that here in Ohio, the browns main focus is beating us. Almost every fan that I see, talks of beating the Steelers. And you hear time after time around this area that" We dont care if we go 2-14 as long as we beat the Steelers" As a Steelers fan I would much rather go 14-2, and not give a crap who we lose to, as long as we are 14-2. The qoute fron the Herald somes up the browns philosphy. Just last week there was a article on the browns GM, Savage, how he went around and asked every player individually if they could beat the Steelers? The article went on to say that each player answered YES. Wow that does it for me, we might as well not play them this year.
The Steelers/ browns rivalry is always thier main focus, how about trying to get over .500? The rivalry is NOT what they make it out to be any longer.

83-Steelers-43
04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
And you hear time after time around this area that" We dont care if we go 2-14 as long as we beat the Steelers"

Seems like team management and ownership has the same view.

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Yup, all the Browns can think or talk about is the Steelers. Here's another article about it:

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/14422296.htm

"GM's yardstick: Playing Steelers
Savage wants players who measure up in rivalry"

steelersgirl86
04-25-2006, 12:41 PM
:dang: :dang: I heard this on the news they were interviewing clowns players and they said if they could do nothing but beat the Steelers they would be happy......:dang:

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
No...the Browns have actually played the Steelers, so it can't be a Super Bowl.
Truer words were never typed.

Stlrs4Life
04-25-2006, 03:30 PM
That's why they are the clowns. Saveage asked them do you think they CAN. If Cowher asks the same question to the Steeler players, bet the answer is, I know we will beat the Browns.

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
LOL the clowns are a joke

j-dawg
04-25-2006, 03:40 PM
i don't think the browns feel this way about the steelers every year... i'm sure they didn't feel this way in the late eighties... the fact is, the steelers were the only team that blew us out last year... you gave us the worst loss last season... so that's why we want to come back fighting...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
In the words of Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel of the browns..

We base our evaluation of players to determine if they can help us beat the Steelers.

That pretty much sums it up right there :tt:

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
In the words of Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel of the browns..

We base our evaluation of players to determine if they can help us beat the Steelers.

That pretty much sums it up right there :tt:

yep and this is why they will never do anything biglike win a super bowl

j-dawg
04-25-2006, 04:36 PM
yep and this is why they will never do anything biglike win a super bowl

:blah: :blah: :blah:
savage won 1 (ravens)
romeo won 5 (2-giants 3-patriots)

i think they know how to do something big like win a super bowl.

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
They've brought in people who had SB wins before...Hell, the whole initial front office after expansion was all ex-49er personnel...it's almost like Cleveland is the cursed franchise where previously successful NFL personel and players go to watch their careers die.

j-dawg
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
They've brought in people who had SB wins before...Hell, the whole initial front office after expansion was all ex-49er personnel...it's almost like Cleveland is the cursed franchise where previously successful NFL personel and players go to watch their careers die.

:boxing:

man... i've got a cavs playoff game to watch!!

JoeyPorter#55
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
CLEVELAND DRAGS TOTAL A:bouncy: S!!!!!

ENOUGH SAID!

ARKIESTEEL
04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
On the other hand if we are the best team in football then maybe useing us as there goal for next year might be that they have set there sights high. I dont realy care what the browns do it always comes out wrong.

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 11:55 AM
At least they have super bowl rings in the office!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Do I hear those chiwawa's yapping again?

SteelerFanInCA
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
The Browns still = The Browns