PDA

View Full Version : Salty Peter King Cause His Buddy Brady Lost.....

wootawnee
01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
"Hines Ward wrestling Ed Reed to the ground on the first snap of Steelers-Ravens. You think the officials aren't going to be calling this one closely? Bad decision by Ward."

That was a good block Mr. King.......If your New England boys blocked
like this, maybe they would be hosting the Steelers next week........

" Rashard Mendenhall running laterally. Get upfield, man"

You run against Ray Lewis Mr. King..........See where you end up most of the time.........

"Mike Tomlin using one of two replay challenges to gain 14 yards on the opening kickoff. Not important enough play to use one of your two precious challenges, coach."

Yards are at a premium against the Ravens Mr. King.......
We gotta take em where we can get em......

"Ray Rice trucking Troy Polamalu. He'll put that one on the personal highlight film back in New Rochelle."

Troy used his hard hitting low tackling shot on Ray.......It didn't work.
Ray's center of gravity is lower than most runners and Troy didn't
Take this into account......Troy did not get Trucked Mr. King...........
Though that was an awesome run by Ray Rice.......

"I think Rashard Mendenhall, two touchdowns Saturday and all, is just not a big-time back."

Again, you try and run against Mr Lewis and the Ravens and see
how that turns out Mr. King......I think Mendy Did just fine with 2 goal line scoring plunges.......That second one was legedary........
He took on the whole pile........

"Third on the list: Safety Ryan Clark. With Troy Polamalu staying off the line of scrimmage all night, missing two tackles and generally being invisible, Clark forced two third-quarter turnovers that led to touchdowns. He played his best game as a Steeler"

Well Mr King.......If you watched the Steelers, you would know that
Ryan Clark has had many great games........The Media(you) is just all
up in the Patriots asses too much to notice.......Didn't Mr Clark knock
out Willis MaGahee along with the ball in the 08 Championship
game?......I do remember someone knocking your best buddy
Wes Welker out in a game that season too.....Tell me Mr. King..
Who was that guy.................

LukesDad88
01-17-2011, 12:40 PM
"Hines Ward wrestling Ed Reed to the ground on the first snap of Steelers-Ravens. You think the officials aren't going to be calling this one closely? Bad decision by Ward."

That was a good block Mr. King.......If your New England boys blocked
like this, maybe they would be hosting the Steelers next week........

" Rashard Mendenhall running laterally. Get upfield, man"

You run against Ray Lewis Mr. King..........See where you end up most of the time.........

"Mike Tomlin using one of two replay challenges to gain 14 yards on the opening kickoff. Not important enough play to use one of your two precious challenges, coach."

Yards are at a premium against the Ravens Mr. King.......
We gotta take em where we can get em......

"Ray Rice trucking Troy Polamalu. He'll put that one on the personal highlight film back in New Rochelle."

Troy used his hard hitting low tackling shot on Ray.......It didn't work.
Ray's center of gravity is lower than most runners and Troy didn't
Take this into account......Troy did not get Trucked Mr. King...........
Though that was an awesome run by Ray Rice.......

"I think Rashard Mendenhall, two touchdowns Saturday and all, is just not a big-time back."

Again, you try and run against Mr Lewis and the Ravens and see
how that turns out Mr. King......I think Mendy Did just fine with 2 goal line scoring plunges.......That second one was legedary........
He took on the whole pile........

"Third on the list: Safety Ryan Clark. With Troy Polamalu staying off the line of scrimmage all night, missing two tackles and generally being invisible, Clark forced two third-quarter turnovers that led to touchdowns. He played his best game as a Steeler"

Well Mr King.......If you watched the Steelers, you would know that
Ryan Clark has had many great games........The Media(you) is just all
up in the Patriots asses too much to notice.......Didn't Mr Clark knock
out Willis MaGahee along with the ball in the 08 Championship
game?......I do remember someone knocking your best buddy
Wes Welker out in a game that season too.....Tell me Mr. King..
Who was that guy.................

You're kidding right? Ward's opening shot on Reed was completely illegal. I'm not saying uncalled for, but it was a legit penalty.

Frankly, I've not been overwhelmed by Rashard, either. he's been good at times, and I loved the extra effort times three that he used to get in the endzone, but Mendenhall at this point does not look like one of the 5 best backs in the league. it is what it is.

Troy did get trucked on that first TD run, and he also whiffed on the TD reception. It is what it is.

This probably was Clark's best game. He's been a solid performer for years, and a huge hitter, but he's never impacted a game as much as this one.

And as for bias, King has long been considered one of the most Steeler friendly reporters out there.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
mendenhall not a big time back? he's smoking rocks. wait till our o-line is upgraded, he will explode. out of all the runners in the nfl he has one of the best combinations of speed and strength that i've seen.

hell, being the #7 rusher behind our o-line deserves a medal

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Not ready to lump Peter King in with Michael Irvin quite yet

King threw some props the Steelers way in his Sunday column on the game

Steelers' fighting spirit rings true in heart-stopping win over Ravens

There's a reason why the Steelers have been so good for so long. The system gets the coaches the players, the players get coached, and the players fit into the roles the old Steelers like Jack Lambert and Terry Bradshaw and Mike Webster defined; and before you know it, James Harrison (three sacks against Baltimore), Roethlisberger (two touchdowns, 101.8 rating, seventh straight win over the hated Ravens) and Maurkice Pouncey (a brute force in the middle of the line, though a rookie) take their place, and play big in big games the way their predecessors did.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/01/15/ravens.steelers.insider/index.html

tube517
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Fat boy Peter King predicted Steelers in the SB. As far as Rashard not being a great back, they wore him out this year, similar to what they did with FWP. You cannot have a RB with 340+ carries in this day and age. Gotta split the load. And running behind third string OLineman against a top 5 defense isn't the easiest thing to do.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
I was going to say he predicted the Steelers and Packers too. He might be gloating after next week. I can't remember which of the two he predicted would win it all.

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I was going to say he predicted the Steelers and Packers too. He might be gloating after next week. I can't remember which of the two he predicted would win it all.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I remember him being the only sportswriter who predicted the Steelers to win it all.

ricardisimo
01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe I remember him being the only sportswriter who predicted the Steelers to win it all.
True, however, he did that well before the season started, and I believe reneged on his prediction on at least two occasions, like during Ben's suspension, and of course after the Patriots win in Pittsburgh. Peter King abandoned the Steelers long ago. He gets no cred.

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
True, however, he did that well before the season started, and I believe reneged on his prediction on at least two occasions, like during Ben's suspension, and of course after the Patriots win in Pittsburgh. Peter King abandoned the Steelers long ago. He gets no cred.

I didn't know that, Ric. Thanks for the update. I just knew I heard he predicted a Steelers SB win before the season started.

TRH
01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
wow...sounds very bitter.

1. What about all the times Hines gets hit late or helmet-to-helmeted?? What about that, sir?? Answer??
2. I'm not in total agreement with his Mendy comments, but i don't think he's in the top 5 in the league either. As many carries as he had, he should have led the league in rushing.
3. They find one play Troy gets smoked on (happens to everyone, even Reed) and they super-overanalyze the thing.

WeegiesWarriors
01-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Just to add.... last week he changed his AFC pick to New England because of the Steeler weak offensive line.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Speaking of Clark's great play and not wanting to start a new thread, i was tinking about how we were willing to let him go and not match Miami and were not even willing to pay him as much as we pay Kemo.

I was sitting there feeling sorry for him ...then I thought "What am I feeling sorry for a man that makes more than 3 million per year. He can survive." LOL

At least he recognized it is better to be part of something great. He will have a more fulfilling retirement if he finishes as a Steeler. Thank God those skins let him go.

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Just to add.... last week he changed his AFC pick to New England because of the Steeler weak offensive line.

Thanks...he's busted.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Just to add.... last week he changed his AFC pick to New England because he's gay.

fixed for accuracy

SteelKnight
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
fixed for accuracy

Or maybe he did it because New England looked dominant scoring 28 or more points in 14 of their 16 games plus 38 or more points in 7 games...pretty dominant.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
King is a tool...

steelerjim58
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Frankly, I've not been overwhelmed by Rashard, either. he's been good at times, and I loved the extra effort times three that he used to get in the endzone, but Mendenhall at this point does not look like one of the 5 best backs in the league. it is what it is.

Troy did get trucked on that first TD run

There isn't a running back in the league who would look like an elite back running behind this offensive line. And as for Troy getting "trucked", you must have a very generous definition of what that means.

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM

I have to call BS..... I heard Peter King only a month or two ago talking about his prediction and he said he'd stick with it. He thought that Ben would be on a mission to prove his nay sayers wrong. He also said the majority of this team were just world champs a couple years ago. This is a veteran team with playoff experience.

What he said was dead on. I also think he did predict a Steeler vs Packers SB. But I'm not sure on that one.

kirklandrules
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM

There isn't a running back in the league who would look like an elite back running behind this offensive line. And as for Troy getting "trucked", you must have a very generous definition of what that means.

I agree with this. Rashard is starting to look like Amos Zereoue. Instead of hitting the holes, he's dancing around. Amos was the only back in the NFL that would literally stop in mid run ... not sure why. Rashard has awesome talent, but he has to learn to punch the overdrive button and blow through the line.

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Mendy was great early in the season. He clearly wore down by mid season. This tells me that he's either playing injured or he's not built to be a feature back in the NFL over the course of a full season. It's tough to tell because he looked GREAT early in the season. Now he's clearly lost a step. Like a pitcher that gets dead arm.

I think we need a RB early in April's draft. 1st or 2nd round. We need depth behind Mendy... OR we needed to give Redman a lot more carries.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree with this. Rashard is starting to look like Amos Zereoue. Instead of hitting the holes, he's dancing around. Amos was the only back in the NFL that would literally stop in mid run ... not sure why. Rashard has awesome talent, but he has to learn to punch the overdrive button and blow through the line.

the o-line doesn't give him much space to run. when they do though, he's shown the big play ability. it's hard to run behind this o-line, unfair to compare him to zero-way

2 short yardage td's against the ravens is nothing to scoff at, mendy is for real. just wait till we get some much needed upgrades to the o-line.

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Mendy was great early in the season. He clearly wore down by mid season. This tells me that he's either playing injured or he's not built to be a feature back in the NFL over the course of a full season. It's tough to tell because he looked GREAT early in the season. Now he's clearly lost a step. Like a pitcher that gets dead arm.

I think we need a RB early in April's draft. 1st or 2nd round. We need depth behind Mendy... OR we needed to give Redman a lot more carries.

We could already have our answer in Jonathan Dwyer. I'd like to see us let Moore go next year and go with Mendy, Redman and Dwyer. I think Redman and Dwyer with another year of TC behind them, coupled with Mendy, could be the combination we need. Moore was good, but I think he may have outlived his usefulness to us. I definitely would NOT waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a running back with needs on both lines. That's where those picks should go IMHO.

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 04:50 PM
King did pick the Steelers to win the SB in the SI football preview issue

Steelers 33, Packers 27

I like three young players to emerge in Pittsburgh: versatile second-year defensive end Ziggy Hood, who was a terror in training camp; second-year man Mike Wallace, who'll replace Holmes as the big-play wideout opposite Hines Ward (wait until you see him cut and turn upfield); and rookie center Maurkice Pouncey, whose speed and power should bolster a weak interior line.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1173841/index.htm

and the Baltimore Sun scoffed:toofunny:

The first far-out prediction of the summer is upon us. In Sports Illustrated's 2010 NFL preview issue that goes on newstands Thursday, Peter King predicts the Steelers will beat the Packers in this season's Super Bowl, 33-27.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/peter_king_steelers_will_win_super_bowl.html

Looking back I had forgotten Green Bay was pretty much the SI preseason consensus pick to win the NFC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/06/2010.predictions.2/index.html

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
We could already have our answer in Jonathan Dwyer. I'd like to see us let Moore go next year and go with Mendy, Redman and Dwyer. I think Redman and Dwyer with another year of TC behind them could be the combination we need. Moore was good, but I think he may have outlived his usefulness to us. I definitely would NOT waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a running back with needs on both lines. That's where those picks should go IMHO.

We have needs on both lines?

Well I think our need on the O-line is a little exaggerated...unless we lose some players. If we get both OT's back next year I like our depth....especially with Flozelle Adams here for one more season. Hood seems to be ready to take over as a starter.....but if Smith is back 100% then I really like our D-line depth as well.

I think we need to start looking for a Hampton replacement and corner depth. But there is more then one way to skin a cat. Not knowing what is going to happen w/ the CBA who knows who will be a FA and who will not.

If we lost all of our FA's we will be in big trouble.... I think come March 1st .... Ike Taylor, Gay, Woodley, Colon, and Essex are all FA's. Ike and Woodley have to be priorities. Colon and Essex should be easy re signs if we want them. I don't know what to think about Gay. We'll definitely need a new kicker and punter.

SteelerEmpire
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Yea. I ran across that article. As far as I'm concerned, the more we can get this guy to hate us... the better !