PDA

View Full Version : Ben yells at Bruce

mizzouristeeler
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I didnt see this anywhere on here so i thought i would post this. I recorded the game on my dvr and rewatched it last night. After Mendenhall's last td the camera shows ben and arians on the sideline, and it looks like ben is ripping him a new one. i cant read lips but it looked like it was about the play call on the 3 and 19. did anyone else see this?

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
I didnt see this anywhere on here so i thought i would post this. I recorded the game on my dvr and rewatched it last night. After Mendenhall's last td the camera shows ben and arians on the sideline, and it looks like ben is ripping him a new one. i cant read lips but it looked like it was about the play call on the 3 and 19. did anyone else see this?

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

No because it never happened. Why would Ben complain about that 3rd and 19 call when it was Ben who made that call ?...not Ariens, or Tomlin, but Ben, and nothing BUT Ben's decision. Ben even stated this in the press conference.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
No because it never happened. Why would Ben complain about that 3rd and 19 call when it was Ben who made that call ?...not Ariens, or Tomlin, but Ben, and nothing BUT Ben's decision. Ben even stated this in the press conference. So I guess you and your Dad must have been snorting that same thing Tom Brady was snorting before their game :noidea:

Actually Arians made some boneheaded call on 3rd and 19 and Ben had to change it, Ben didn't call it from the beginning...

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Actually Arians made some boneheaded call on 3rd and 19 and Ben had to change it, Ben didn't call it from the beginning...

arians prolly called a draw up the middle and ben was like **** that

stb_steeler
01-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Wasnt it Arians that called a short pass play for 15 yards when they needed 19? At least that what ive been hearing.

Steelerfreak58
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I was glad to see Ben yelling at him. Shows me the man wants to win the damn games not hand them away.

plenewken
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
.............. So I guess you and your Dad must have been snorting that same thing Tom Brady was snorting before their game :noidea:

Can't you respond in a civil manner without resorting to stupid statements like this one?
Tone it down, dude.

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds to me like Ben changed the play in the huddle with out Arians permission. ? Just a guess. Obviously any OC would say something to his QB for such a move. Ben was clearly not happy with the play calling which would explain why Ben might have been fired up, especially after his call worked. That 3rd and 19 will go down as one of the best plays in steeler history.

Merchant
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

LOLL

Ben >>>

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Show the video please!
Is this the sign for the future?

grward
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I'd have to see the vid before I believe Ben was yelling at anyone. It's just not his style.

mizzouristeeler
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Show the video please!
Is this the sign for the future?

its on my dvr. i dont know how to put it on here. did anyone else record the game? its right after mendy's last td and there's 1:33 left on the clock.

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
its on my dvr. i dont know how to put it on here. did anyone else record the game? its right after mendy's last td and there's 1:33 left on the clock.

Watching it on NFL Rewind

Looked to me like Ben was describing the throw to Brown with an arm motion and then some no laughing/high decibel talking with Arians but did not look like he was calling out Bruce- did not look like the sort of angry conversations Bradshaw and Noll would have :noidea:

plenewken
01-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Watching it on NFL Rewind

Looked to me like Ben was describing the throw to Brown with an arm motion and then some no laughing/high decibel talking with Arians but did not look like he was calling out Bruce- did not look like the sort of angry conversations Bradshaw and Noll would have :noidea:

Or Kordell and Cowher..........

Pentheon
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM

take a video of the tv with a camera

Steelboy84
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Up the middle and punt. That's how big Bruce rolls baby..................

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Or Kordell and Cowher..........

True - this did not end with Ben bursting into tears like Kordell did in 1998

theplatypus
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Sounds to me like Ben changed the play in the huddle with out Arians permission. ? Just a guess. Obviously any OC would say something to his QB for such a move. Ben was clearly not happy with the play calling which would explain why Ben might have been fired up, especially after his call worked. That 3rd and 19 will go down as one of the best plays in steeler history.

IF you listen to Ben's presser after the game it wasn't changed in the huddle. It was a discussion between Ben and Arians. Arians called the 15yarder, Ben suggested the go routes and Arians agreed.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Yea BA want BB to toss PA screen to Moore, lol (sorry was trying to add more 2 letter signs, lol)

Ben you Frigging idiot!

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
IF you listen to Ben's presser after the game it wasn't changed in the huddle, it was a discussion between Ben and Arians. Arians called the 15yarder, Ben suggested the go routes and Arians agreed.

I thought he changed it on the field.

theplatypus
01-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I thought he changed it on the field.

The impression I got from listening to Ben after the game was that it was a discussion between the two of them w/ Ben suggesting the go routes.

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Because Ben changed he play, I bet Arians went up to him and was like "Hey I'm the coach you can't change my plays" or something similar and Ben let off on him. Which I'm glad, Arians needs to be brought down to Earth.