PDA

View Full Version : Did Randy Moss kill the Patriots*?

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Serious question, because I noticed a huge difference between the patriots* team before and now.

Before, they were all about the team, and I remembered how humble their attitudes were, and how they went to the super bowl against the rams choosing to be introduced as a team instead of their starting lineup. Despite my disappointment of the steelers not playing the rams in the super bowl, I found it hard to root against a team with a team-first attitude like that.

This continues, and they became the team I loved to hate, but still had a ton of respect for. They win a couple more championships and start to be regarded as being on their way to being one of the top teams of all times.

Then, something went wrong. It's around the time they signed Randy Moss, the attitude of the team changed from being grounded and humble to arrogant. Tom Brady seemed less like the leader who put his team first, and started to become self-centered, caring about his battle in the stat charts with peyton manning. Since then, they have never won a championship, and I'm sure this shift in attitude had a lot to do with it. I wonder if Randy Moss brought that and filled everyone's head with the me-first attitude? They talk about players like that being locker room poison, and it's possible that was the case here.

I don't know, probably? just a thought

TRH
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
hmmmm...they've always seemed arrogant to me. Maybe a bit more now.
I do see Brady as a "stat-chaser" as well, even though, of course, they'll deny it and say "its just about winning the SB", which is a bunch of bull
Not sure....Moss could have

Brady sure didn't look as arrogant as he usually does, did he? Watching him stand on the sideline near the end of the game, i couldn't help but think of what a little boy he looked like

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Good point-when TO left Philly, their locker room woes actually continued to some extent, the damage was already by the time Andy Reid and Joe Banner put out the fire.

TO caused so much division, that the pro-TO guys in that locker room continued to be upset with McNabb over the whole ordeal, which was why McNabb just wasn't the same guy since, and really never got along with some of his Eagles teammates since, which is probably why he ended up getting jetted out of there.

Look at SF post-TO, they had alot of potential with the young team they built in 2000, but it went to pieces when TO divided their locker room, and that team divided up since.

MACH1
01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Getting caught cheating killed the pats*.

harts
01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Ummm
You do remember the 18-1 season
Asante Samuel makes an interception or Tyree drops the ball we are talking something different like 19-0

If anything they could have used Randy Yesterday to stretch the field
The Jets did not fear any of the Patriot players and they knew if they knocked Brady around things would get bad

Bellicheck has always been an arrogant pompous person and his teams reflect that.

He gets average and above average players and gets them to play at a higher level through his coaching and the way they do things in New England
Deion Branch
Danny Woodhead
Mike Vrabel (yeah I said it)
Wes Welker are all examples of this.

They needed Randy Yesterday - They needed somebody who could make plays and change things

The only thing that killed the pats was Eric Mangini when he told the world about Spy Gate.

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Tom Brady is a gay asshole who had sex with Randy Moss in the butt

BrandonCarr39
01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Ummm
You do remember the 18-1 season
Asante Samuel makes an interception or Tyree drops the ball we are talking something different like 19-0

If anything they could have used Randy Yesterday to stretch the field
The Jets did not fear any of the Patriot players and they knew if they knocked Brady around things would get bad

Bellicheck has always been an arrogant pompous person and his teams reflect that.

He gets average and above average players and gets them to play at a higher level through his coaching and the way they do things in New England
Deion Branch
Danny Woodhead
Mike Vrabel (yeah I said it)
Wes Welker are all examples of this.

They needed Randy Yesterday - They needed somebody who could make plays and change things

The only thing that killed the pats was Eric Mangini when he told the world about Spy Gate.

Moss disappears in the playoffs anyways, did the same with Minnesota in the postseason.

He wouldn't have helped that much either the other day.

For the most part, alot of miscues hurt them. A dropped TD by Crumpler, penalties, etc. Reminded me of SD's performance last year against the Jets, they too beat themselves.

harts
01-18-2011, 06:32 PM
They needed a playmaker against the Jets
They needed someone to step up
Randy Moss was the only playmaker on that roster this year and I have seen Randy rally the troops in New England

The Patriots don't have a vocal leader it seems who can rally the troops -they needed someone to talk back to the Jets -

Welker tried it and was spanked by Belicheck

Bruschi used to light fires in people
But he's gone.
Brady sometimes is good for it but if he is getting beat up he shuts up

Randy may have been shut down in the Playoffs in the Past but Randy would have forced the Jets to play Defense differently

The Jets didn't respect any of the Pats receivers including Welker - they knew that they could shut them down

The Pats are the Pats
Belicheck has his way of doing things and he gets overachievers to play at a higher level
It worked real well for the Super Bowl run when he could do the little things (spy gate tactics) to get his team over the top

The Patriots were just good enough to win all their Super Bowls

There is little margin for error when you depend on a group of overachievers to win ball games
Works better in the regular season but in the playoffs you need playmakers because the teams are so good

The only Playmaker on the Pats is Brady and the Jets took him out

Emotional Football 1 - Robot Football 0