PDA

View Full Version : Hello Steelers Fans

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Wanted to come by for some friendly trash talk. 1st of all congrats on making it this far. I expect this to be another tough hard nosed football game. I think the 2 teams are very similar Both have talented pass catches, can pound the rock, and play defense. Should be a very entertaining game coming down to the last few plays like last time.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for coming here for some discussion, no offense to your fanbase but a lot of (actually a vast majority of) Jets fans I come across are really arrogant trolls who are rude and refuse to have civilized discussions. Good to see there are exceptions :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to this game and it should be a really good matchup, of course I will be rooting for my team but good luck to you as well :tt02:

Wallace108
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Welcome, Jetsfan. I expect nothing less than a good, hard-hitting game. Should be fun. :drink:

steelerage
01-17-2011, 01:29 PM
I agree that it's gonna be an entertaining game. Hope the Jets don't trash talk all week (Well maybe I do..it certainly worked well for the Ravens). I am optimistic because Pittsburgh seems to be very comfortable playing smashmouth. Real close game last time, but I hope we do better on special teams this time around. If we do, and take care of the ball, I like our chances.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Wanted to come by for some friendly trash talk. 1st of all congrats on making it this far. I expect this to be another tough hard nosed football game. I think the 2 teams are very similar Both have talented pass catches, can pound the rock, and play defense. Should be a very entertaining game coming down to the last few plays like last time.

Thanks. And Congrats to your team as well. As much as I do think you have an advantage in the ST return area, I fail to find one other aspect of the game that the Jets have over us. Not Defense that's for sure. Not more experience. Not better coaching. Not better at QB that's really for sure. Our best two players on offense & defense were out of the first game. And Troy has a History of having huge first games against past USC QB's..( Look it up )

So, in your opinion, not withstanding fluke, Act of God errors by us, how do you see the Jets winning ?

Steelerfreak58
Gonna be a far different game with #83 and #43 in the game this time around.

SteelCityMom
Welcome to the boards! We're happy to engage in some good football talk and good smack talk with you lol.

Keep the light stuff in the Steelers section though, and hard smack talk in the Blast Furnace....thanks!

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I agree that it's gonna be an entertaining game. Hope the Jets don't trash talk all week (Well maybe I do..it certainly worked well for the Ravens). I am optimistic because Pittsburgh seems to be very comfortable playing smashmouth. Real close game last time, but I hope we do better on special teams this time around. If we do, and take care of the ball, I like our chances.

I actually hope they do, it will make victory all the more sweeter :applaudit:

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks for coming here for some discussion, no offense to your fanbase but a lot of (actually a vast majority of) Jets fans I come across are really arrogant trolls who are rude and refuse to have civilized discussions. Good to see there are exceptions :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to this game and it should be a really good matchup, of course I will be rooting for my team but good luck to you as well :tt02:

lol, every fan base has trolls. especially on the internet. I'm sure you guys have some too.
Thanks for the welcome. Should be an interesting game to watch

Welcome, Jetsfan. I expect nothing less than a good, hard-hitting game. Should be fun. :drink:

Thanks

My breakdown

QB - Advantage Steelers - Sanchez is playing great ball but big ben has 2 rings and has proven to be clutch in big games and is more experianced
O-line - Jets - steelers o-line is banged up and wasn't great to begin with. jets are only down 1 starter and have a top 5 o-line
RBs - Jets Greene and LT make a better duo then moore and mendenhall. also t-rich is still a stud at F
WRs/TEs - Slight advantage jets. This was a really tough one to call and i wouldn't fault anyone for taking the steelers. but BE and holmes are a very string duo and hines ward looks like he's slowing down. wallace is a stud though. cochery is more proven and reliable then sanders as well and while miller is sure handed he doens't have the down-field ability of dustin keller

D-line - Even hampton is a stud NT but the rest of the line is average. same with the jets. pohua has doen well and ellis can be a stud at time.
LBers - Steelers - jets have great LBers but the steelers have the best group in the league. all 4 are studs
CBs - Jets revis and cro are the best set in teh league and the depth is good too
S - Steelers. pala is the best in the game, jets safties are average

Special teams- Jets, jets returners led the league in return average and our punter tied the NFL record for punts inside the 20. Our kicker is sketchy though.

Coaching???? i'd love to lean towards tomlin cause he has a ring, but rex's gameplan the past 2 weeks to confuse to HOFers is amazing. Ben is good but isn't on manning/brady level. This is a tough call so i won't make one lol

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Coaching???? i'd love to lean towards tomlin cause he has a ring, but rex's gameplan the past 2 weeks to confuse to HOFers is amazing. Ben is good but isn't on manning/brady level. This is a tough call so i won't make one lol

agree with most of your points except this. ben is every bit as good, actually I would go as far to say that ben is a better big-game qb than manning is.

also with ben he's much more unpredictable than brady and manning, it's much different to prepare for someone like him. if rex does the same thing to ben as he did in the last 2 games though, they deserve the sb.

also our WR's and TE's I think is an advantage to the steelers. If you don't know our 2 rookies you might find out soon. Heath miller is better than any TE the jets have which would at least even the playing field in that area.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks. And Congrats to your team as well. As much as I do think you have an advantage in the ST return area, I fail to find one other aspect of the game that the Jets have over us. Not Defense that's for sure. Not more experience. Not better coaching. Not better at QB that's really for sure. Our best two players on offense & defense were out of the first game. And Troy has a History of having huge first games against past USC QB's..( Look it up )

So, in your opinion, not withstanding fluke, Act of God errors by us, how do you see the Jets winning ?

Absolutely. remember how that past crushed us 45-3 and nobody gave us a chance? the playoffs is a whole different animal and the steelers are gonna see a defense completely different to what we did the 1st time. rex has put together a gameplan to confuse brady and manning in back to back weeks

also how do you figure the injuries? you had ben, wallace, mendenhall, ward, sanders basically your whole offense. who were you missing?

on D you missed troy, but who else? i mean you had woodly, harrison, timmons, hampton, farrior. ALso try doens't look healthy. he got owned by ray rice last game. if he's playing on a bum foot he isn't teh same player

Gonna be a far different game with #83 and #43 in the game this time around.

we will see. is it sunday yet?

Welcome to the boards! We're happy to engage in some good football talk and good smack talk with you lol.

Keep the light stuff in the Steelers section though, and hard smack talk in the Blast Furnace....thanks!

got it

I actually hope they do, it will make victory all the more sweeter :applaudit:

lol, trash talk seems to work for the jets
y5ETPoQuoog

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
agree with most of your points except this. ben is every bit as good, actually I would go as far to say that ben is a better big-game qb than manning is.

also with ben he's much more unpredictable than brady and manning, it's much different to prepare for someone like him. if rex does the same thing to ben as he did in the last 2 games though, they deserve the sb.

also our WR's and TE's I think is an advantage to the steelers. If you don't know our 2 rookies you might find out soon. Heath miller is better than any TE the jets have which would at least even the playing field in that area.

i know your 2 rookies. that combined for like 162 yards against the ravens. but the question is who do you trust more to come up with a big play. your 2 rookies or the guy that made the SB winning catch for your team now playing against for the jets against his former team?

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Absolutely. remember how that past crushed us 45-3 and nobody gave us a chance? the playoffs is a whole different animal and the steelers are gonna see a defense completely different to what we did the 1st time. rex has put together a gameplan to confuse brady and manning in back to back weeks

also how do you figure the injuries? you had ben, wallace, mendenhall, ward, sanders basically your whole offense. who were you missing?

on D you missed troy, but who else? i mean you had woodly, harrison, timmons, hampton, farrior. ALso try doens't look healthy. he got owned by ray rice last game. if he's playing on a bum foot he isn't teh same player

we will see. is it sunday yet?

got it

lol, trash talk seems to work for the jets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ETPoQuoog

How about the leagues BEST TE in the game, Heath Miller ? Or did you forget about him ? Not to mention we had all our other TE's out, or very injured. And Miller is Ben's safety valve target. Especially in the Red Zone area. And as for the playoffs being another thing, what, you think WE don't know that ? You think Ryan is better at formulating a defense then Dick Lebeau ?.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM

I hope sanchez feels this way about troy, I really do lol.

2 notes, the steelers were playing troy deep the entire game, and flacco had nowhere to go with the ball, passing for only 125 yards. You don't think troy had anything to do with that?

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
How about the leagues BEST TE in the game, Heath Miller ? Or did you forget about him ? Not to mention we had all our other TE's out, or very injured. And Miller is Ben's safety valve target. Especially in the Red Zone area. And as for the playoffs being another thing, what, you think WE don't know that ? You think Ryan is better at formulating a defense then Dick Lebeau ?.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i mentioned miller. best in the game? come on don't be a homer. he's not even close to what gates or witten is.

Also the jets have a dam good TE too

Keller has been in the league 3 years and has more yards and catches then miller has had in his 1st 3 years. also this season keller has more yards then miller has had in 5 out of his 6 years

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
i know your 2 rookies. that combined for like 162 yards against the ravens. but the question is who do you trust more to come up with a big play. your 2 rookies or the guy that made the SB winning catch for your team now playing against for the jets against his former team?

My answer is, Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

o6RzY7v5g_s

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM

brown delivered a clutch catch when the game was on the line. sanders has been responsible for key 1st downs on game winning drives. I've been watching these kids all year and they catch everything that's thrown to them for the most part.

santonio is a great player, no doubt. At this point in their careers yes he's better than our 2 new guys. However I'll take Wallace over Holmes in a heartbeat. Also I mentioned heath miller, he's no slouch, one of the best TE's in the league.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
I hope sanchez feels this way about troy, I really do lol.

2 notes, the steelers were playing troy deep the entire game, and flacco had nowhere to go with the ball, passing for only 125 yards. You don't think troy had anything to do with that?

i'm sure he had an effect on it but he also whiffed on 1 ray rice tackle and got ran over for a TD by ray rice. Now he has to tackle this guy

pE9mgLp1nAI

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
i'm sure he had an effect on it but he also whiffed on 1 ray rice tackle and got ran over for a TD by ray rice. Now he has to tackle this guy

pE9mgLp1nAI

Actually, Troy is not the greatest tackler in the world. He admits it himself. However, he is a HUGE Game-changing safety who is second to no one when it comes to reading a QB's eyes, and anticipating the pass. And at jumping the LOS to apply quick pressure on a QB. And if, IF you believe Troy had a bad game against Baltimore,,,what are the chances you think he will have 2 in a row ? Allow me to answer that on behalf of ASLL Steeler fans here....NONE! Not a chance in the world.
And Troy LOVES to terrorize USC QB's :applaudit:

So I would be VERY afraid if I were you.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
My answer is, Mike Wallace. :chuckle:

o6RzY7v5g_s

Wallace is an absolute stud at WR. no doubt. but the jets are very good at CB. revis and cro are the best duo of starters and i really like our depth with lowery, coleman, wilson, and cole.

brown delivered a clutch catch when the game was on the line. sanders has been responsible for key 1st downs on game winning drives. I've been watching these kids all year and they catch everything that's thrown to them for the most part.

santonio is a great player, no doubt. At this point in their careers yes he's better than our 2 new guys. However I'll take Wallace over Holmes in a heartbeat. Also I mentioned heath miller, he's no slouch, one of the best TE's in the league.

wallace is a beast. and really fast but if you need a clutch catch in a tough time i want this guy over almost everyone

_Xw8hpfWmIU

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM

pE9mgLp1nAI

greene doesn't concern me as much as rice does. Rice is elusive so you can't really overcommit to a hit on him because he's capable of juking you. Not to mention that low center of gravity rice has makes him hard to knock over if you don't wrap him (something troy never does, he's not as hobbled as you think, that's how he always plays). I don't see greene doing that.

no doubt greene is a beast, but our linebackers can stop him.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Actually, Troy is not the greatest tackler in the world. He admits it himself. However, he is a HUGE Game-changing safety who is second to no one when it comes to reading a QB's eyes, and anticipating the pass. And at jumping the LOS to apply quick pressure on a QB. And if, IF you believe Troy had a bad game against Baltimore,,,what are the chances you think he will have 2 in a row ? Allow me to answer that on behalf of ASLL Steeler fans here....NONE! Not a chance in the world.
And Troy LOVES to terrorize USC QB's :applaudit:

So I would be VERY afraid if I were you.

in no way am i diminishing how good of a player troy is. I think he's the best safety in the league but the jets have 2 very good WRs in BE and holmes and he can only help over 1. i expect sanchez to be smart and not challenge troy, same way i expect big ben to not challenge revis

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 02:02 PM
greene doesn't concern me as much as rice does. Rice is elusive so you can't really overcommit to a hit on him because he's capable of juking you. Not to mention that low center of gravity rice has makes him hard to knock over if you don't wrap him (something troy never does, he's not as hobbled as you think, that's how he always plays). I don't see greene doing that.

no doubt greene is a beast, but our linebackers can stop him.

greene isn't a big juker. he's gonna lower his shoulder and deliver a hit. LT is the juker and it'd be interesting to see if the rookie mcknight gets some touches

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Also if you guys turn the ball over as much as you did against Balt no way you win the game. you spotted them 21 points.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
wallace is a beast. and really fast but if you need a clutch catch in a tough time i want this guy over almost everyone

_Xw8hpfWmIU

Wallace has magic of his own. :chuckle:

r6vaR0nobrU

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
greene isn't a big juker. he's gonna lower his shoulder and deliver a hit. LT is the juker and it'd be interesting to see if the rookie mcknight gets some touches

to be honest LT concerns me more than greene does. our defense does well against power runners but cutback runners sometimes kill us.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Wallace is an absolute stud at WR. no doubt. but the jets are very good at CB. revis and cro are the best duo of starters and i really like our depth with lowery, coleman, wilson, and cole.

_Xw8hpfWmIU

If you watch the Wallace video, the first clip they show is of him (as a rookie) making a tippy toe catch at the side of the EZ, with no time left on the clock, to tie the game with GB.

I'd say that's pretty clutch lol...and he was doing it at a time in his career when (conversely) Holmes was a nobody. I honestly think Wallace is as good as Holmes is right now, and is only going to get better. Sanders and Brown right now are just gravy. Those three guys are going to be huge in the next game, and many more to come.

I know the Jets have great backs...but you've got to cover everyone. Hines, Miller, Wallace, Brown and Sanders. They're all playing great right now.

Sixburgher
01-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Getting hit won't throw Ben off his game either. Brady looked like he was about to wet his pants yesterday.

MACH1
01-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Also if you guys turn the ball over as much as you did against Balt no way you win the game. you spotted them 21 points.

And still won against a far superior ratbird defense.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
in no way am i diminishing how good of a player troy is. I think he's the best safety in the league but the jets have 2 very good WRs in BE and holmes and he can only help over 1. i expect sanchez to be smart and not challenge troy, same way i expect big ben to not challenge revis

First off, Ben totally abused Revis and Cromartie in game 1, or did you miss that ? And second, Troy never lines up on a single WR. It is Impossible to look at film on us and figure Troy out...Impossible. And Sanchez is horrible at reading defenses. We have great defensive talent for sure. But, our approach without Troy is 100 % different, and not as hard to disect. Trust me, the Jets coaching staff is scared stiff of Troy P.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Trust me, the Jets coaching staff is scared stiff of Troy P.

Agreed...and though it may not seem like they should have reason to be, considering he had a poor game against the Rats, that's the biggest reason why they should be.

Troy does not have two bad games in a row, and will often follow a poor, flat performance with a totally dominating one.

And just as soon as you think you don't have to worry about Troy, in pops Ryan Clark lol.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Agreed...and though it may not seem like they should have reason to be, considering he had a poor game against the Rats, that's the biggest reason why they should be.

Troy does not have two bad games in a row, and will often follow a poor, flat performance with a totally dominating one.

And just as soon as you think you don't have to worry about Troy, in pops Ryan Clark lol.

he did have a couple of bad plays against ray rice but they played him in deep coverage and the ravens could find nowhere to throw downfield. I don't think he had as bad of a game as people would think.

flacco was forced to dumpoff, leading receivers were ray rice and todd heap (32 yds & 43 yds respectively). Their WR's counted for 36 yards (boldin chipping in at -2 yds lol). I'm just saying, troy probably played solid but did most of his work when the camera wasn't on him.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 02:21 PM
he did have a couple of bad plays against ray rice but they played him in deep coverage and the ravens could find nowhere to throw downfield. I don't think he had as bad of a game as people would think.

No, I know...but you know in Troy's head he felt he had a poor game. I don't recall him ever having a truly "awful" game or anything like that, but I just mean in games where he seems off...he almost always follows it up with some kind of stunning, HOF performance.

SuperSteelers
01-17-2011, 02:55 PM

Jetsfan, I'll give you this.. I would take Holmes over Wallace when Ben is throwing to him.

Jets weakness is your QB. How many opportunities did Sanchez have last night to wrap the game up, and threw short, long, incomplete? Sanchez is your weak link.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Jetsfan, I'll give you this.. I would take Holmes over Wallace when Ben is throwing to him.

Jets weakness is your QB. How many opportunities did Sanchez have last night to wrap the game up, and threw short, long, incomplete? Sanchez is your weak link.

with troy back in the game, i predict jets fans everywhere are gonna be holding their breath everytime he throws a pass lol

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM
And still won against a far superior ratbird defense.

Their D is better at rushing the passer and stopping the run, but were way better in the back end. our nickel CB would be a #1 on their team. they don't have any good Cbs and reed can only make up for so much. and their other sfaety webb is horrible

First off, Ben totally abused Revis and Cromartie in game 1, or did you miss that ? And second, Troy never lines up on a single WR. It is Impossible to look at film on us and figure Troy out...Impossible. And Sanchez is horrible at reading defenses. We have great defensive talent for sure. But, our approach without Troy is 100 % different, and not as hard to disect. Trust me, the Jets coaching staff is scared stiff of Troy P.

lol toasted revis? hines ward had 2 catches for 34 yards and 1 was in a zone coverage and the other was short on a 3rd and long that we gave him as we played the 1st down marker.

Wallace got the better of cromartie but revis locked down ward as usual. I expect revis to cover wallace this time around

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for coming here for some discussion, no offense to your fanbase but a lot of (actually a vast majority of) Jets fans I come across are really arrogant trolls who are rude and refuse to have civilized discussions.

Just be glad you don't have to live next door to them or mingle with them on a daily basis.

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Yeah and then we kicked their ass all over Heinz field and outscored them 24 -3 in the second half.

You DO remember there was a second half, don't you?

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Dam,this week is worse than last week in terms of the anticipation.Cant wait to see rex wabbling off the field with his head hanging down!!!

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Revis can't cover Wallace, that's why he didn't last time. If you think Rex Ryan would rather stop Ward than Wallace, then you don't know your team very well. Ryan knew what he was doing. Wallace is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, and Revis isn't fast enough to keep up with him. That's the plain truth, hell I think Ryan even said as much after the last game. It really doesn't matter because your inside linebackers are WAY to slow to handle Heath and Sanders. And if you guys do bring heat with your inside linebackers, Ben WILL KILL THAT DEFENSE.

No way in hell does Sanchez beat Rotty. It just isn't happening this time.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 04:04 PM

he threw 3 TDs and had 64% completions and a 128 rating and 0 turnovers. what more do you want?

Yeah and then we kicked their ass all over Heinz field and outscored them 24 -3 in the second half.

You DO remember there was a second half, don't you?

you do remember that we beat you week 15 and sacked big ben quote a bit. don't you? your o-line is weak right now. ben is gonna run for his life all game

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Tea,he wil run for his life and create plays!Hes not a statue....

Buddha Bus
ben is gonna run for his life all game

Only if he's smothered in beef gravy with Rex Ryan chasing him. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
he threw 3 TDs and had 64% completions and a 128 rating and 0 turnovers. what more do you want?

you do remember that we beat you week 15 and sacked big ben quote a bit. don't you? your o-line is weak right now. ben is gonna run for his life all game

and while he's running, Wallace will get open deep and Ben will hit him in stride and beat your safeties to the endzone...

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh and I bet your safeties can't do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4C9LIcKG8

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Sup Buddha?

mcg24
01-17-2011, 04:09 PM

I would take our receivers over the Jets any day. All you have is a couple of AFC North rejects.

I'd take Hines over Edwards any day of the week, mostly because of his ability to block and open up the run game. I'd would take Wallace over Tone every single day of the week due to his ridiculous speed and sure hands. Tone has dropped plenty of passes this year, if Wallace isn't on the same level as Santonio, why would we hand him to you?

And after those two wide receivers, we dominate you with depth. Cotchery? Please. How about Sanders, Brown, and Randle El. Sanders is a sure handed rookie WR who has the ability to make the catch when you need him to. Brown is a speedy rookie who can even beat defenses in prevent coverage (as we saw), and Randle El is a veteran wide receiver who can kill you on the trick play with the run or the pass (with a career passer rating of 157.5, he can do it a hell of a lot better than Brad Smith!).

Steelers win this weekend, here we go!

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Sup Buddha?

Yo Hitman! Just being my usual smart-ass self. :chuckle:

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM

hah no wonder why quarterbacks never see him coming ;)

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes and Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller were not in that game either.

Your Jets have never played against us with Miller and Troy in the lineup and believe me, that's going to be very different than what you saw in December.

Very different.

And truth be told we may have been looking past the Jets a bit back then, but that isn't going to happen on Sunday.

You can count on that.

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Yo Hitman! Just being my usual smart-ass self. :chuckle:

Haha, that's the only way to be. :chuckle:

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Welcome Jets fan.

As soon as we lost to the Jets, I begged and pleaded to see you guys again. My honest opinion is that I really don't think your team could be as good as ours this up-coming Sunday with this much at stake for the Steelers. These physical teams play RIGHT into the Steelers hands. Finesse is one thing, but I don't expect the Jets to be all that whatsoever walking into here and I'm pretty confident then the recent years that we did win the NFL Lombardi Trophy.

Fact of the matter is, is that Sanchez has never seen the defense at its peak, and the defense he will finally go up against, in playoff ball, on the road in front of a frenzied crowd is going to rattle Sanchez into going even more into the shell attitude that will trickle down to the coaching staff. The Colts and the Patriots simply couldn't run the ball, OR stop the run, which is our forte' and how we build on winning football games.

I just think at the end of the day and when it's all said and done, our leadership and been there, done that mentality is going to over-shine a mediocre Jets team, esp on the offensive side of the ball. You're lucky Brady had an off day, or he would of found a way to win simply because the Jets offense is so stagnant and borderline horrible.

Sanchez was overthrowing MANY throws. Those balls won't hit the ground with a roaming Troy Polamalu, GURANTEED.

Welcome, and good luck!

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
lol, every fan base has trolls. especially on the internet. I'm sure you guys have some too.
Thanks for the welcome. Should be an interesting game to watch

Thanks

My breakdown

QB - Advantage Steelers - Sanchez is playing great ball but big ben has 2 rings and has proven to be clutch in big games and is more experianced
O-line - Jets - steelers o-line is banged up and wasn't great to begin with. jets are only down 1 starter and have a top 5 o-line
RBs - Jets Greene and LT make a better duo then moore and mendenhall. also t-rich is still a stud at F
WRs/TEs - Slight advantage jets. This was a really tough one to call and i wouldn't fault anyone for taking the steelers. but BE and holmes are a very string duo and hines ward looks like he's slowing down. wallace is a stud though. cochery is more proven and reliable then sanders as well and while miller is sure handed he doens't have the down-field ability of dustin keller

D-line - Even hampton is a stud NT but the rest of the line is average. same with the jets. pohua has doen well and ellis can be a stud at time.
LBers - Steelers - jets have great LBers but the steelers have the best group in the league. all 4 are studs
CBs - Jets revis and cro are the best set in teh league and the depth is good too
S - Steelers. pala is the best in the game, jets safties are average

Special teams- Jets, jets returners led the league in return average and our punter tied the NFL record for punts inside the 20. Our kicker is sketchy though.

I have to agree across the boards on this evaluation. EITHER way...I am REALLY looking forward to this game! I dont see the trash talk being ANYTHING like it was with the GAYtriots...there is a LONG running issue with us & them. None of that with ya squad. SHOULD prove to be a HELLA game though~:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::sa lute::salute::salute::afc:

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I have to agree across the boards on this evaluation. EITHER way...I am REALLY looking forward to this game! I dont see the trash talk being ANYTHING like it was with the GAYtriots...there is a LONG running issue with us & them. None of that with ya squad. SHOULD prove to be a HELLA game though~:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::sa lute::salute::salute::afc:

I'll tell you one thing, if Sanchez does pull off the upset, going on the road to Indy, to N.E and to Pittsburgh to go through the 3 NFL/AFC power-house's, I will GLADLY tip my hat to the N.Y Jets organization. You guys would deserve it all but there's one big wall of Steel Curtain in your way!

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I'll tell you one thing, if Sanchez does pull off the upset, going on the road to Indy, to N.E and to Pittsburgh to go through the 3 NFL/AFC power-house's, I will GLADLY tip my hat to the N.Y Jets organization. You guys would deserve it all but there's one big wall of Steel Curtain in your way!

agree. if they pull this off, they deserve to win the sb, their road is the toughest having to face indy, NE, and now the Steelers.

I think their road stops here though :wink02:

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I wont sit here & make believe we will beat you down like a red head step child...Nor do I feel we are going to get tapped out either.

I WILL say, I EXPECT a good game & in my eyes, I DO expect to win as you do (thats what fans do) but this is by no means a gimme for EITHER team. I KNOW this will be a great game either way & the AFC WILL rep in the superbowl!!!

lotta bone crushin & he who makes LEAST amount of turn overs shall WIN.

Good luck to both teams & may the better squad win.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM

they do this
j9RfJwSkMU8

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 05:06 PM

i gotta agree this is the toughest playoff schedule ever. face the top 3 franchises this decade all on the road

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM

3 times is normal for Ben...that is not "quite a bit". Ravens just sacked him 6 times last week, and look at all the good it did them. :noidea:

You can't use the sack argument with him. No doubt they'll get to him, probably at least 4 times....that doesn't mean jack though unless it's on a 3rd down and they have to punt. Any other down and chances are he'll just complete a first down immediately (or shortly) after.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
The thing is, that Ben's style of play is going to get him sacked 3-4 times.. esp against a Rex Ryan defense but Ben's style is what I like to call the 'Barry Sanders effect." Sanders was one of the most dominant and explosive backs the NFL has ever seen, but he DID take many runs and yardage off of his career by running backwards to make a play happen.

Ben will get sacked, he will hold onto the ball, but expect him to make even MORE plays downfield with his elusiveness. He will go down, but he will also stand up, switch hands, stiff arm a backer, get out of the pocket and unleash a bitchin' ball for a big gain, one that sticks it right to the defense.

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
they do this
j9RfJwSkMU8

I don't know if our safeties do that but we have a wide receiver who has done "that" so often (sometimes to other team's safeties) that the league had to write a new rule so that wouldn't happen anymore.

He wears number 86 and he's a pretty good receiver too.

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
3 times is normal for Ben...that is not "quite a bit". Ravens just sacked him 6 times last week, and look at all the good it did them. :noidea:

You can't use the sack argument with him. No doubt they'll get to him, probably at least 4 times....that doesn't mean jack though unless it's on a 3rd down and they have to punt. Any other down and chances are he'll just complete a first down immediately (or shortly) after.

good point, but you cant compare the pigeons corners to ours. so those 3rd n long quick passes to the flat wont have the same yield. (sadly, I didnt get to WATCH the game, son got lit up in a wrestling match n hadda take em to the hospital....)but I can only imagine ward in the flat or 5 yrd out for 1st downs mostly (but do correct me if Im wrong on your conversions)

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
they do this
j9RfJwSkMU8

doing that to a WR, that's one thing.

do it to a 235 lb RUNNING BACK, that's when you know your safety has a set of STEEL balls

6d3R5aVR4K0

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't know if our safeties do that but we have a wide receiver who has done "that" so often (sometimes to other team's safeties) that the league had to write a new rule so that wouldn't happen anymore.

He wears number 86 and he's a pretty good receiver too.

hines ward isn't the receiver he once was he's the number 2 to wallace now and i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks lol

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
The thing is, that Ben's style of play is going to get him sacked 3-4 times.. esp against a Rex Ryan defense but Ben's style is what I like to call the 'Barry Sanders effect." Sanders was one of the most dominant and explosive backs the NFL has ever seen, but he DID take many runs and yardage off of his career by running backwards to make a play happen.

Ben will get sacked, he will hold onto the ball, but expect him to make even MORE plays downfield with his elusiveness. He will go down, but he will also stand up, switch hands, stiff arm a backer, get out of the pocket and unleash a bitchin' ball for a big gain, one that sticks it right to the defense.

sanchez is very good at escaping pressure in his own right

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
hines ward isn't the receiver he once was he's the number 2 to wallace now and i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks lol

I see your true colors are coming out. I'm sure you guys will be putting your FOOT in your mouths after Sunday.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
i don't think he'll have much of an impact. his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying. I understand all the love you guys have for him for what he's done but i'm not worried about him at all. and his sense of style sucks

Again, you're picking the wrong battle. Ask Bart Scott about Hines Ward since he's played against him most of career and you'll change your tune a bit. Hines Ward is an absolute freak who relishes off these types of games. I expect Hines to do some talking with his pads Sunday, as always.

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
sanchez is very good at escaping pressure in his own right

And has been MUCH better at securing the ball. Dont count Sanchize out peeps (I know you may THINK he is the weak link) but he CONTINUES to grow & IMPROVE. He can & WILL show skills are UP.
:rocket:

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
And has been MUCH better at securing the ball. Dont count Sanchize out peeps (I know you may THINK he is the weak link) but he CONTINUES to grow & IMPROVE. He can & WILL show skills are UP.

se8ABHcq8g4

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Yes, the skill of missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Fact of the matter is, is that Sanchez is still being protected, plain and simple.

You can't protect him this time in this game. The Steelers will make you one dimensional. If Sanchez was as in-accurate as he was in N.E, then he will be tortured all game. Those balls won't drop to the ground with Troy roaming, that's a fact.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
good point, but you cant compare the pigeons corners to ours. so those 3rd n long quick passes to the flat wont have the same yield. (sadly, I didnt get to WATCH the game, son got lit up in a wrestling match n hadda take em to the hospital....)but I can only imagine ward in the flat or 5 yrd out for 1st downs mostly (but do correct me if Im wrong on your conversions)

You mean like when Ben hit Sanders (rookie) for 29 yards on a 3rd and 24 with a little over a minute to go? :noidea:

Third down conversions can go either way right now. For short 5 yard conversions there's Hines and Heath (they can do longer too, obviously), or Ben can hit Brown, Sanders or Wallace mid to deep. And there's always the trick plays with El. I wouldn't put it past them to pull one out this week.

Sorry to hear about your son too...hope he is doing better!

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes, the skill of missing WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Fact of the matter is, is that Sanchez is still being protected, plain and simple.

You can't protect him this time in this game. The Steelers will make you one dimensional. If Sanchez was as in-accurate as he was in N.E, then he will be tortured all game. Those balls won't drop to the ground with Troy roaming, that's a fact.

he is settling in FINE, & wont have the errant throws he had in Indy or the FEW (less than he did in Indy) at NE & the pattern will continue.

I will give u troy (cause I DAM sure wish HE WAS a Jet!) he is a BEAST all over ... but protected or not...watch him make an early shot downfield to keep your D honest

GreeneMachine
Hello Ladies and Gents. Appreciate your hospitality over here. #86 is the real deal. He is a reciever stuck in a linebackers body. Very physical type player. I think my biggest concern is when we blitz Big Ben he will be able to shrug off our blitzers. Mainly our DB blitz. I can see him throwing Eric Smith down and throwing it 70 yards. Also a major concern is how can we generate points? On your side your O-line is beat up and I believe your D line is not whole either. Any way it should be a good game. I am looking forward to it.

LukesDad88
I suggest AZjetsFAN check out Ben's YPA. He's a downhill thrower and always does his best at those throws.

grward
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM

Shhhhhh! He can hear you! And when he does, you and your team will REGRET it. Hines lives to prove the doubters wrong and he'll do it in this game. The more the media and jets fans say he's washed up, the more determined he'll be to come out and flatten a few defensive players. Just ask Reed.

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I suggest AZjetsFAN check out Ben's YPA. He's a downhill thrower and always does his best at those throws.

so I havent seen the box score yet...are you saying all the 3rd down conversions were long & downhill? YPA means little unless we are talking on 3rd downs (at least, not for what I was saying)

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Hello Ladies and Gents. Appreciate your hospitality over here. #86 is the real deal. He is a reciever stuck in a linebackers body. Very physical type player. I think my biggest concern is when we blitz Big Ben he will be able to shrug off our blitzers. Mainly our DB blitz. I can see him throwing Eric Smith down and throwing it 70 yards. Also a major concern is how can we generate points? On your side your O-line is beat up and I believe your D line is not whole either. Any way it should be a good game. I am looking forward to it.

Our D-line is as strong as ever right now. We are FINALLY getting MAJOR push from our 1st round draft pick from a year ago and replacer of Aaron Smith, Ziggy Hood (whose been a beast) and Brett Keisel is having one hell of a season, maybe his best ever. Harrison is a man possessed, and Woodley is a playoff juggernaut. Our D-line is just fine. We are a healthy bunch aside from Bryant McFadden at the corner position.

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM

5 Deep on 3rd 3 are incomplete
6 Short on 3rd
2 sacked on 3rd

as for YPA, Ben Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 5.1
Sanchize Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 7.8
(source NFL.COM box score)

so since you went to numbers, does that mean the QB edge is now ours?
(lol, no it sure doesnt)

LukesDad88
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
So you're using one game? Use a career, buddy. that's the only time that statisitics can really mean anything.

Plus, you've also got to adjust for the quality of opponents. Pats D isn't exactly stifling.

One last thing, Short pass attempts don't always equal the flat.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
so I havent seen the box score yet...are you saying all the 3rd down conversions were long & downhill? YPA means little unless we are talking on 3rd downs (at least, not for what I was saying)

Well, no...not every single 3rd down conversion was long.

Looking at the play by play though, here's how the 3rd down conversions went...

1st quarter
3rd & 2 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger scrambles right end to PIT 47 for 3 yards (97-C.Pace).
3rd & 2 - 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 21-M.Moore to NYJ 45 for no gain (57-B.Scott).
3rd & 2 - 33-I.Redman right guard to NYJ 39 for 7 yards (22-B.Pool, 52-D.Harris).
3rd & 5 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to 17-M.Wallace. COVERAGE BY #31 CROMARTIE

2nd quarter[/]
3rd & 10 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 88-E.Sanders to PIT 44 for 12 yards (30-D.Coleman).
3rd & 2 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 88-E.Sanders ran ob at NYJ 35 for 13 yards.
[B]3rd & 17 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to 86-H.Ward to NYJ 15 for 18 yards (22-B.Pool).
3rd & 4 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 89-M.Spaeth for 9 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
3rd & 10 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to 88-E.Sanders. COVERAGE BY #24 REVIS

3rd quarter
3rd&2 - 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 17-M.Wallace to NYJ 25 for 8 yards (97-C.Pace).
3rd & 6 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to 17-M.Wallace to PIT 46 for 17 yards (30-D.Coleman).
3rd&3 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short middle to 84-A.Brown. COVERAGE BY #20 WILSON.

4th quarter
3rd &19 - (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 17-M.Wallace to PIT 46 for 16 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
3rd&24 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to 88-E.Sanders to NYJ 44 for 29 yards (44-J.Ihedigbo).
3rd&10 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 17-M.Wallace to NYJ 26 for 18 yards (31-A.Cromartie).
3rd&10 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle to 84-A.Brown to NYJ 10 for 16 yards (34-M.Cole).
3rd&10 - (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short left to 89-M.Spaeth (34-M.Cole).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010121911/2010/REG15/jets@steelers#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

These last bolded ones are the most important. That is when Ben was basically moving down the field at will at the end of the game. The very last 3rd down is when Ben made a good pass, with :02 left on the clock, to Spaeth in the EZ...which he promptly dropped.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
LOL....Sanchez is a bit*h......

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
watch him make an early shot downfield to keep your D honest

I sure hope so since our defensive mastermind POUNDS IT INTO the players brain to NEVER, EVER give up the deep ball or let anyone get behind you. The Steelers RARELY give up a pass over 20 yards. It simply isn't happening and if it does, it won't happen again.

SoCalFan
01-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Not only that,by the time his recievers are downfield,sanchez will be on his back!!!

LukesDad88
01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok, here we go: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Ben's ranked 7th in DYAR (total value) and 2nd in DVOA (Value per play)

Sanchez is ranked 20th in DYAR and 27th in DVOA.

Ben's going up against the 7th ranked DVOA Pass Defense and Sanchez is going up against the 2nd ranked DVOA Pass Defense. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Wonder how this will turn out?

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM
So you're using one game? Use a career, buddy. that's the only time that statisitics can really mean anything.

Plus, you've also got to adjust for the quality of opponents. Pats D isn't exactly stifling.

One last thing, Short pass attempts don't always equal the flat.

you cant go career...Mark had some BOMB ass games that make the numbers look better than they are. Lets be real, is this not a "what have you done for me lately" league?
So that being said, its all about the post season (not too fair cause we have 1 extra game then you do)

*We yield ben over Mark as a QB...but that doesnt make Sanchize trash either.

The good thing here is ...we can yap all we want, but SUNDAY...they will show us who has the puffed chest with cause =P

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM

The good thing here is ...we can yap all we want, but SUNDAY...they will show us who has the puffed chest with cause =P

Man, I know we're going to punch you guys in the big mouth's on Sunday, I just hope we were allowed to use our 6 rings of brass-knuckles to do so!

winningisnewtome
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
lol...you know i am not expecting my team to win because I am a seasoned jet fan and am used to dissapointment and misery.

HOWEVER....it's very sad to see how you are underestimating this JET team.

Would it surprise me if we lost to you? no, the steelers are sick.

However, would it completely shock you if you lost to the Jets? Really?

We both have top 5 defenses, and run games.

We have great WR. Sure I'd take Ben over Sanchez but Sanchez is young. 2 years and 2 afc championships....couldn't be happier with him.

Just like I am reading you guys here accusing a lot of Jet fans we are happier we got the Steelers over the Ravens...how many of you guys are happier that you got the Jets over the Pats...The Pats humilated you guys like they did us.

Just very sad to see how you guys think this is in the bag. It's ok tho, I enjoy being the underdog because if we lost, we lost to the better team....however if we win (ie like past 2 weeks) makes the victory that much sweeter!

Can't wait for Sunday, gonna be a sick hard hitting game.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
lol...you know i am not expecting my team to win because I am a seasoned jet fan and am used to dissapointment and misery.

We have great WR. Sure I'd take Ben over Sanchez but Sanchez is young. 2 years and 2 afc championships....couldn't be happier with him.

Just like I am reading you guys here accusing a lot of Jet fans we are happier we got the Steelers over the Ravens...how many of you guys are happier that you got the Jets over the Pats...The Pats humilated you guys like they did us.

Just very sad to see how you guys think this is in the bag. It's ok tho, I enjoy being the underdog because if we lost, we lost to the better team....however if we win (ie like past 2 weeks) makes the victory that much sweeter!

Meh...it's all fair game in the world of internet forums and smack talk. I browsed a couple different Jets forums yesterday and today, and overall, they're extremely confident as well...as they should be. Both teams (players and fans) have a lot of reason to be pumped up and confident right now.

Anyway, I wouldn't read to much into what you see on message boards. Otherwise, you'd have to go to some Jets sites and give them the same speech lol.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM

Damn dude, TRUST ME! We are NOT over-looking you guys. This is do or die, this is the CHAMP game. We've been here, and won before. Fact of the matter is, you're confusing confidence with ****y. Your a ****y bunch, but I don't blame you for mis-understanding the two terms since your head coach instilled that in ALL of N.Y.

Point is, is that we lost AFC CHAMP games to HUGE under dawgs before (San Diego in 1994, and the Patriots in 2001) so don't think for a second that we can lose this game, because we can.

We just expect to win, which I'm sure you guys do too.

LukesDad88
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
The not so tough thing for me is that I used to like the Jets, back in the Mangini days and before. Since Rex Ryan's come aboard, it's a different story.

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
i gotta agree this is the toughest playoff schedule ever. face the top 3 franchises this decade all on the road

Sorry, you don't get that one either. The Steelers powered through the 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the AFC on the road in 2005 and then got the #1 seed in the NFC in the Super Bowl. That ain't happening so we got you beat on that one too. Sorry about that. :sofunny:

BTW, Sanchez is going to wish the Patriots would have beat the Jets last week after the Steelers get done with him. It is going to be embarrassing for him. I wouldn't want to be him when Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Ziggy Hood, and Troy get done with him. His head will be spinning before half time. Count on it. Between him overthrowing his receivers, Edwards and Holmes both dropping critical passes (Holmes drove me crazy doing that when he was here and Edwards is a joke) and the sack attack hounding him all day, Sanchez will be lucky to put any points on the board. I am guessing he might get one TD pass in there. Not scared of him in the least bit. As long as Ben doesn't get strip sacked and lose the ball, I am not worried about anything in this game except the STs. That is the big worry for me. Steelers 27 Jets 13 is my guess on the score.

winningisnewtome
01-17-2011, 07:19 PM
The not so tough thing for me is that I used to like the Jets, back in the Mangini days and before. Since Rex Ryan's come aboard, it's a different story.

you know i dont mind rex ryan and heres my reason...

the jets as we all know have been an AWFUL franchise. just bad season after bad season. One headline that will always stay in my mind is a few months after 9/11 the Jets had some devastating loss and the headline inthe post was

"different world, different country, different city...same ol jets"

I liked what Rex has done tho, he is trying to change the perception of this team. He is saying out loud we're good and we're going to beat you etc..

now i know that can be obnoxious to other teams...and to be honest i hate when they talk shit like they did with the patriots. I'm a believer of do your talking on the field.

However, the team has been bad for SOOOOOO long that Rex comes out and will shout "we are the best" so it instill's confidence in his players and the fan base.

Pac
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Interesting.. I suspected there might be a whacky homer or 2 but surprised how many of you are dismissing a team that:

A) Just waxed the team that waxed you not too long ago

B) Just BEAT YOU in YOUR CRIB a few weeks ago

I'm not delusional enough to think this will be a cakewalk but I do fully expect another victory. Who exactly is going to score points for you? Wallace will in all likelihood be covered by Revis (not good news guys - sorry), Wards impact will be minimal at best, our safties are playing much better in coverage, and if Ellis plays anything like he did yesterday he'll have another 2 or 3 sacks against your shaky O-line.

I don't expect the Jets to coast but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Interesting.. I suspected there might be a whacky homer or 2 but surprised how many of you are dismissing a team that:

I'm not delusional enough to think this will be a cakewalk but I do fully expect another victory. Who exactly is going to score points for you? Wallace will in all likelihood be covered by Revis (not good news guys - sorry), Wards impact will be minimal at best, our safties are playing much better in coverage, and if Ellis plays anything like he did yesterday he'll have another 2 or 3 sacks against your shaky O-line.

I don't expect the Jets to coast but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do.

This guy. Don't believe me? :chuckle: Please suit up 11 db's for this game, that would make my frickin' day.
http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rashard-mendenhall.jpg

winningisnewtome
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM

bro we waxed nothing...if you remember that game we ran a kickoff back for a td and got a saftey...it was a great victory but you can't expect those things to happen again.

I also remember knocking in our red zone in the closing seconds and giving me indigestion.

as i said before would it surprise me if we lost...no...however it wouldnt surprise me if we won. this jet team can play with anyone on the field. We have also been playing much better.

Please don't trash talk because the steelers are legit and are better then the pats because unlike the pats they have a defense.

However, there isn;t a doubt this game can go either way

GO JETS

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM

It's cool. We're all fired up. It's silly to think though that fans here wouldn't have confidence going against the Jets.

And yes, we all know that the Jets (barely) beat the Steelers a few weeks ago. Luckily, that doesn't factor in to what will happen on Sunday. If regular season wins/losses determined who wins in the post season, the Jets would be on vacation right now. :noidea:

Pac
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
This guy. Don't believe me? :chuckle: Please suit up 11 db's for this game, that would make my frickin' day.
http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/rashard-mendenhall.jpg

He's a good back and had a nice game against us last time. That said I bet the Jets will be willing to concede yards on the ground if it means shitting down their air attack.

Besides... I don't think they'll have to play the soft zones they've had to against Manning and Brady. I understand Ben is tougher than the aforementioned QB's but lets be real. He's not as gifted a passer and no one will be thinking he can light us up through the air... If anything I can see the Jets going back to being a more "blitzy" bunch this week - especially if the weather is bad.

But I agree with your original point.. Rashard is good and can have a very good game if they don't account for him.

Pac
01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
bro we waxed nothing...

naw man I meant we waxed the Pats yesterday. Everyone who saw it knows it wasn't as close as the final score.

The adjective I'd use to describe the game against Pitt would be more like.... clung.

winningisnewtome
01-17-2011, 08:51 PM
naw man I meant we waxed the Pats yesterday. Everyone who saw it knows it wasn't as close as the final score.

The adjective I'd use to describe the game against Pitt would be more like.... clung.

my apology

misread the statement....thought i read waxed you not to long ago lol.

yes clung would be a good adjective there.

I cant wait for this game on SundaY

azJETSfan
01-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Man, I know we're going to punch you guys in the big mouth's on Sunday, I just hope we were allowed to use our 6 rings of brass-knuckles to do so!

ma man...you know what...I will give you that 6 rings (but they mean 0 come game time)
...you just may punch us in the mouth (but we are NOT glass jaw) just dont be surprised when you get 2 piece & a biscuit in return
we ARE a bunch full of bravado & confidence, cause unlike your squad...we are ALWAYS overlooked, undervalued & expected to achieve nothing.

in ANY fight, you can not expect NOT to get grilled here or there, the key is (much like you got up off the canvass against the pigeons in the 2nd half) we too are a resilient bunch that will also get up, wipe the blood off with our wrist as we guard are grill & KNUCKLE UP! :hit:

the one thing ALL on these boards can agree with...the super bowl winner will be an :afc: TEAM!!!

DING :boxing: DING! :duel: :sign05:

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
ma man...you know what...I will give you that 6 rings (but they mean 0 come game time)
...you just may punch us in the mouth (but we are NOT glass jaw) just dont be surprised when you get 2 piece & a biscuit in return
we ARE a bunch full of bravado & confidence, cause unlike your squad...we are ALWAYS overlooked, undervalued & expected to achieve nothing.

It shows you that you know nothing about the Steelers. They have been kicked around by the media all season. Most of the NFL Channel guys dislike them. The ESPN guys hate them. Ben gets no respect from anyone. The Ravens were supposed to kick our butts. We were supposed to finish 3rd or even last in the AFC North this year. We will get no kudos from anyone this week either. Bravado or not, the Steelers will punch your team in the mouth and leave no prisoners. I suspect that in a bloodbath the Steelers win 9 times out of 10 like they have all season. The Steelers ended up the second seed for a reason.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 11:39 PM

in ANY fight, you can not expect NOT to get grilled here or there, the key is (much like you got up off the canvass against the pigeons in the 2nd half) we too are a resilient bunch that will also get up, wipe the blood off with our wrist as we guard are grill & KNUCKLE UP! :hit:

the one thing ALL on these boards can agree with...the super bowl winner will be an :afc: TEAM!!!

DING :boxing: DING! :duel: :sign05:

The thing is with Pittsburgh, is that we force teams to play up to our level. The target is constantly on OUR backs, and the expectations that roam through this city even in the off-season is absolutley spectacular. We don't share expectations from another teams and we take it full throttle into every season. It doesn't get more resilient than Pittsburgh and how we do things.

Seriously, I respect the Jets because before Rex Ryan gave them a mild pulse off of his big mouth alone, the Jets were nothing but a third tier team. The Giants pretty much owned N.Y. Thing is, I respect the hell out of N.Y fans because you guys are as loyal as it comes and your team has let you down more than I can even count but when you talk resiliency, the Steelers are the best at what they do.

The difference about this game is going to come down to the team that makes less mistakes, and I just don't see that Jets offense being able to take it to the Steelers relentless defense for 4 QRTS. We've gotten tighter and overall better since the last time we saw you. You went onto beat a mediocre Colts team (one you could have lost) and pulled the emotional upset in N.E.

Pittsburgh will be the toughest test of your entire season combined.

ucsteve667
01-17-2011, 11:42 PM
cause unlike your squad...we are ALWAYS overlooked, undervalued & expected to achieve nothing.
:duel: :sign05:

well, thats because since 1969 the Jets were overlooked & undervalued because they achieved nothing

sorry but ya just hung that out there

winningisnewtome
01-18-2011, 06:56 AM
It shows you that you know nothing about the Steelers. They have been kicked around by the media all season. Most of the NFL Channel guys dislike them. The ESPN guys hate them. Ben gets no respect from anyone. The Ravens were supposed to kick our butts. We were supposed to finish 3rd or even last in the AFC North this year. We will get no kudos from anyone this week either. Bravado or not, the Steelers will punch your team in the mouth and leave no prisoners. I suspect that in a bloodbath the Steelers win 9 times out of 10 like they have all season. The Steelers ended up the second seed for a reason.

i dont know what media you are talking about...every time i heard the media talk about the top 4 teams int he league it was (in no particular order)

patriots
jets
steelers
ravens

GreeneMachine
01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
I think we can agree on two areas to winning the game.
1) This will be a very physical game.
2) The team who makes the most mistakes will loose

We are comparing sanchez to Big Ben for some reason the last I checked they will not be on the field at the same time . Should we not be comparing Sanchez to the Steelers D and Big Ben to the Jets D?

Our Offense is not dependant on Sanchez having a huge game. We will run the ball and take our shots when needed. Mark will throw quick slants, Screens and hit 21and 23 in the flat. Our running game is very effective even when we are not breaking off big gains. Manning had the ball 2 times in the 2nd half in our game. I do realize your defense is great stopping the run however we still broke 100 yards in our first meeting. I see us trying to win the time of posession wearing down your D and putting up points however we can.

I have to be honest and say I dont know much about your offense. I can look up stats but I dont believe in numbers on paper. I will let you peeps talk about what you see your game plan will be.

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=GreeneMachine;899000]I think we can agree on two areas to winning the game.

Loose ? :noidea: What, are you a student of the " Bart Scott " school of grammar ? :blah::blah::blah:

GreeneMachine
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=GreeneMachine;899000]I think we can agree on two areas to winning the game.

Loose ? :noidea: What, are you a student of the " Bart Scott " school of grammar ? :blah::blah::blah:

I did not realize we were still in grade school. This is a football forum the last I checked. Do you have nothing of value to add?

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=sarahpalinhater;899002]

I did not realize we were still in grade school. This is a football forum the last I checked. Do you have nothing of value to add?

Just fooling with you a little son :hug: Trust me, if everyone here got a dime for every grammar error I made,,,well, they all would have a hell of alot of dimes :hatsoff:

Just having some fun.

GreeneMachine
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=GreeneMachine;899005]

Just fooling with you a little son :hug: Trust me, if everyone here got a dime for every grammar error I made,,,well, they all would have a hell of alot of dimes :hatsoff:

Just having some fun.

Its all good.:chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
I have to be honest and say I dont know much about your offense. I can look up stats but I dont believe in numbers on paper. I will let you peeps talk about what you see your game plan will be.

ben- top 5 in passer rating/ypg/ypa/ and bottom 5 in ints.

mendenhall- top 5 in carries per game and td's.

wallace- top 5 in ypc and td's.

we will see what your gameplan is first and then we will reveal ours. if we win the coin toss we will defer.

if jets play defense like they did the past 2 weeks i can see mendenhall getting more than the 17 or so carries he had last time we met. if they focus on shutting them down we will burn them deep. pretty much do what we always do.

i would also expext alot of hurry up muddle huddle so they cant make all the frequent and exotic substitutions. tire out their base package.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
his biggest play in his career recently was fumbling and crying.

We are going to flat out kick your ass on Sunday. Hopefully you come on here after the game, but like most posters who lose their game, you wont.

I can't wait to see Sanchez get destroyed by Harrison.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
We are going to flat out kick your ass on Sunday. Hopefully you come on here after the game, but like most posters who lose their game, you wont.

I can't wait to see Sanchez get destroyed by Harrison.

haha you're going to be flat out sad after the game....

i'll be back either way that I promise you.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
haha you're going to be flat out sad after the game....

i'll be back either way that I promise you.

Why would I be sad, I love seeing my team kick ass. What makes me laugh is you Jets fans think that for some reason, Sanchez has the experience and the mentality to be able to get to the Super Bowl. He doesn't. He will crack, and it will be a meltdown. Oh, and he'll actually have to play against Polamalu this time. UH OH!

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Why would I be sad, I love seeing my team kick ass. What makes me laugh is you Jets fans think that for some reason, Sanchez has the experience and the mentality to be able to get to the Super Bowl. He doesn't. He will crack, and it will be a meltdown. Oh, and he'll actually have to play against Polamalu this time. UH OH!

He has experience....at losing championship games.:chuckle:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM

we shall see. I've heard this all before.

:coffee:

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
we shall see. I've heard this all before.

:coffee:

You have? When did the Jets win a Championship? 63'?

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
You have? When did the Jets win a Championship? 63'?

See Manning, Brady, Rivers, and Palmer.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM

I'll give you props for two of those guys, you get to pick which two. There is only one on that list that the Steelers haven't abused.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Wow you won a Wildcard and Division playoff game? Congratulations!

We played in 4 AFC Championship games last decade.

See I don't usually talk **** on here, but you Jets fans coming in here thinking that you actually have a chance to win really annoys me. You have no chance. Whether we beat you by 30 or 3, you will lose.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow you won a Wildcard and Division playoff game? Congratulations!

We played in 4 AFC Championship games last decade.

See I don't usually talk **** on here, but you Jets fans coming in here thinking that you actually have a chance to win really annoys me. You have no chance. Whether we beat you by 30 or 3, you will lose.

again...i'll be back regardless of the outcome...but i'll forewarn you...you are setting yourself up for an epic dissapointment

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
again...i'll be back regardless of the outcome...but i'll forewarn you...you are setting yourself up for an epic dissapointment

And I appreciate that you are trying to convince yourself you have a chance, but there is a reason why Rex Ryan isn't talking shit to the Steelers this week. He knows it would all be shoved right back into his fat face after.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:51 PM

I wonder if you were a Giants fan when they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I wonder if you were a Giants fan when they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

i'm not really sure what your trying to get at?

who was I rooting for? I was rooting for the Giants to beat the Patriots...

???

mcg24
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
i'm not really sure what your trying to get at?

who was I rooting for? I was rooting for the Giants to beat the Patriots...

???

Alright, I'll see you on here after the Jets lose. Or I'll be looking for you at least.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
And I appreciate that you are trying to convince yourself you have a chance, but there is a reason why Rex Ryan isn't talking shit to the Steelers this week. He knows it would all be shoved right back into his fat face after.

actually no...that's not why...he's not talking shit because there's no reason to talk shit...against Indy he needed to defer attention away from the outcome of last years AFCCG...against the Pats he needed to defer attention away from 45 - 3.

Pitt? We already beat you in the regular season...there's nothing to defer attention away from...it's a let's line up and play situation..

And I see no reason to try and convince myself we have a chance...If you think this game is going to be a blowout on your part you are just a homer and a fool...

These teams match up very well and the game will be played on Sunday....and the better team will win.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Alright, I'll see you on here after the Jets lose. Or I'll be looking for you at least.

ok...

and I'll be sure to try and find you after the Jets win...although I'm pretty confident you'll either be crying in a corner or be taking a few days off

not really sure what the aggression is about? Maybe a hint of insecurity?

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
It will be a good game, I don't see a blow out, but I'm confident in my team. 24-17 Steelers

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
It will be a good game, I don't see a blow out, but I'm confident in my team. 24-17 Steelers

I would expect you to predict the Steelers to win...Just like I would predict the Jets win...

I'm not here to get into a pissing match unlike mcwhateverhisusername is.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
.If you think this game is going to be a blowout on your part you are just a homer and a fool...

You've got to be a fool and an ignoramus to think that any of us are expecting a blowout.

This name-calling thing is dumb. :noidea:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
You've got to be a fool and an ignoramus to think that any of us are expecting a blowout.

This name-calling thing is dumb. :noidea:

read his posts...

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Dammit....is it freaking Sunday yet!!! :crazy01:

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm not here to get into a pissing match unlike mcwhateverhisusername is.

You're the one that commented to me first, I was just responding to a different idiot Jets fan's post.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
You're the one that commented to me first, I was just responding to a different idiot Jets fan's post.

you have an underlying rage dont you? it's ok...every board has one...

yeah I quoted you and engaged in convo on a message board...what a concept.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
you have an underlying rage dont you? it's ok...everyone board has one...

I haven't called you any names or anything, you are the one bitching and moaning because I know your team is going to lose. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I'm calling you names. Go back to your Jets board, or go back to 4th grade if you can't handle a light argument.

No, you didn't engage in a convo, you engaged the "pissing match" as you would like to call it.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Dammit....is it freaking Sunday yet!!! :crazy01:

Yeah Mom. Gettin' a lil stir-crazy here myself.

♫ Ninety nine bottles of beer on the waaaaaaall... Ninety nine bottles of beeeeeeeer... ♫

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I haven't called you any names or anything, you are the one bitching and moaning because I know your team is going to lose. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I'm calling you names. Go back to your Jets board, or go back to 4th grade if you can't handle a light argument.

No, you didn't engage in a convo, you engaged the "pissing match" as you would like to call it.

ARGGGHHHHHHH

haha relax buddy...

underoath445
01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
ARGGGHHHHHHH

haha relax buddy...

Just because you know the Jets are going to lose doesn't mean you have to come on our board and bitch about it.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
you are the one bitching and moaning because I know your team is going to lose.

To be fair, you don't know Pittsburgh is going to win.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Just because you know the Jets are going to lose doesn't mean you have to come on our board and bitch about it.

guys....

I don't KNOW the Jets are going to lose just because you THINK the Steelers are going to win...

Like I said...game will be played...

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
To be fair, you don't know Pittsburgh is going to win.

How do you know I don't have precognition?? :chuckle:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM

you're too angry for precognition...

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
you're too angry for precognition...

That doesn't make sense.

MikeHaullace
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM

*ahem*

I'll take those lotto numbers now. :wink02:

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:30 PM
*ahem*

I'll take those lotto numbers now. :wink02:

Hehe, one of my buddies told me a while ago that there was a lady who won her state lottery twice just a few weeks apart. So you can't rule it out entirely!

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
That doesn't make sense.

sure it does...

someone that knows what is going to happen probably wouldn't feel the need to be so damn aggressive...

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
sure it does...

someone that knows what is going to happen probably wouldn't feel the need to be so damn aggressive...

I'm often aggressive towards trolls.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm often aggressive towards trolls.

homers usually are...especially since anyone who doesn't sleep with their terrible towel and predict steeler blowouts every week, usually is a troll.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
homers usually are...especially since anyone who doesn't sleep with their terrible towel and predict steeler blowouts every week, usually is a troll.

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but its probably because he's been accused of rape numerous times."

-Turkjetfan regarding why Big Ben doesn't get respect for being a big time QB

No, I don't accuse you of being a troll because I'm a homer, I accuse you of being a troll because you are a troll.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but its probably because he's been accused of rape numerous times."

-Turkjetfan regarding why Big Ben doesn't get respect for being a big time QB

No, I don't accuse you of being a troll because I'm a homer, I accuse you of being a troll because you are a troll.

have I stated anything false or are you yet again in denial?

was ben not accused of rape, publicly, not once but twice? or am I imagining things.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM

was ben not accused of rape, publicly, not once but twice? or am I imagining things.

I could come on the Jets forum and post "Rex Ryan is one of the fattest men I have ever seen," over and over and over again. Would it be true? Yes. Would I still be a troll? Yes.

You are a troll.

steelerschik
01-19-2011, 05:04 PM

The only thing is Ben was never arrested for sexual assault like Sanchez was. The rape thing is old, false and a ridiculous argument. This is about football and what Ben does on the field, keep it to such.

steelerschik
01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
I could come on the Jets forum and post "Rex Ryan is one of the fattest men I have ever seen," over and over and over again. Would it be true? Yes. Would I still be a troll? Yes.

You are a troll.

LOL, those asshats at Gang Green who think they've already won the SB (well they did basically) would not be so kind. The rape thing is all they got, they got nothing else. Sanchez is a rapist too so there.

BTW, I can think of a lot worse things to call that fat obnoxious blowhard. God I hope we shut him the hell up once and for all.

JETSallDay
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Can't we all just get along...
Lol.

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Can't we all just get along...
Lol.

Not the closer it gets to Sunday, lol.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:19 PM

You are a troll.

I didn't post it over and over again.

The question was why is Ben not given league wide respect...And that without dispute has to do w/ his multiple rape allegations, whether they be true or not...I'm not sure how this is so difficult to understand, nor how the point was out of context given the thread.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
LOL, those asshats at Gang Green who think they've already won the SB (well they did basically) would not be so kind. The rape thing is all they got, they got nothing else. Sanchez is a rapist too so there.

BTW, I can think of a lot worse things to call that fat obnoxious blowhard. God I hope we shut him the hell up once and for all.

so there!!

lol

listen, the question of the thread or the point of the thread is that ben doesn't get league wide respect...and he doesn't because he's been accused of rape more then once...end of conversation...

how is that all i got? :blah::blah::blah:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:21 PM

The question was why is Ben not given league wide respect...And that without dispute has to do w/ his multiple rape allegations, whether they be true or not...I'm not sure how this is so difficult to understand, nor how the point was out of context given the thread.

That may be true now, but he's never really gotten the respect that he deserves...before or after.

Besides, the media is usually very forgiving of star athletes (whether they be guilty or not). Two of the best examples are Vick and Kobe.

JETSallDay
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
That may be true now, but he's never really gotten the respect that he deserves...before or after.

Besides, the media is usually very forgiving of star athletes (whether they be guilty or not). Two of the best examples are Vick and Kobe.

I don't understand how Vick is getting praised so much. I know he went to prison and he seems to be in the right direction but it's too soon to drown him in this lobsters.

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM

You are a troll.

Honestly, most Jets fans have been pretty cool.

We're all fired up, and I know I've thrown a few insults around here and there too...but I don't think he's been trolling. Everybody is just tense and anxious about the game right now lol.

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't understand how Vick is getting praised so much. I know he went to prison and he seems to be in the right direction but it's too soon to drown him in this lobsters.

He was winning that's why. Had Ben and Vick had bad seasons, there'd be a lot of different stories floating around right now.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:27 PM

this is true...from that persective i don't think it's a knock of ben but more because if you look at the QBs who are receiving constant media ball washing, they are the centerpiece of their teams...ben has a solid defense which is the centerpiece of their team, and realistically the steelers are known as a franchise as a defensive team...

this isn't taking anything away from his abilities but I think this is why.

edit:

and honestly, i'd prefer he flew under the radar to a degree....let him keep winning superbowls quietly (just not this year of course).

JETSallDay
01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
He was winning that's why. Had Ben and Vick had bad seasons, there'd be a lot of different stories floating around right now.

I just noticed when I typed "lovefest" it got autocorrected to "lobsters"...that's classic hahaha

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I just noticed when I typed "lovefest" it got autocorrected to "lobsters"...that's classic hahaha

well most people have a lovefest for lobsters, so I can't say that is necessarily totally off base :applaudit:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
this is true...from that persective i don't think it's a knock of ben but more because if you look at the QBs who are receiving constant media ball washing, they are the centerpiece of their teams...ben has a solid defense which is the centerpiece of their team, and realistically the steelers are known as a franchise as a defensive team...

this isn't taking anything away from his abilities but I think this is why.

edit:

and honestly, i'd prefer he flew under the radar to a degree....let him keep winning superbowls quietly (just not this year of course).

Yeah, I don't mind it that way either. Bradshaw was the same way...won two SB's before he got MVP, and wasn't exactly considered the centerpiece of the team at the time.

:sofunny:

I was wondering about that too lol. I just thought you meant he was getting showered with fine dining experiences or something.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM

If you would have said

I think Roethlisberger honestly doesn't get the respect he deserves because of the sexual assault allegations.

That would have been fine.

It's how you word it that makes you a troll.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Honestly, most Jets fans have been pretty cool.

We're all fired up, and I know I've thrown a few insults around here and there too...but I don't think he's been trolling. Everybody is just tense and anxious about the game right now lol.

I gotcha SC, but when someone comes here and makes a smart comment about rape, sorry I can't recognize them as anything but a troll. It has been so old and we have been beating the dead horse for so long it is just silly to bring up the rape stuff.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I gotcha SC, but when someone comes here and makes a smart comment about rape, sorry I can't recognize them as anything but a troll. It has been so old and we have been beating the dead horse for so long it is just silly to bring up the rape stuff.

OH piss off already...you don't want to hear the truth that's not my problem...

you've been up my ass since post one...

get off your high horse and take a time out

tell me how it was a smart comment or a joke about rape...seriously i'm listening

HA and all this time I thought I was going back and forth w/ a long time member...

you have 20 more posts then me and joined this month...just another bandwagoner...i'm done w/ u from here on out

JETSallDay
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
:sofunny:

I was wondering about that too lol. I just thought you meant he was getting showered with fine dining experiences or something.

lmao, you never know, maybe Red Lobster is going to be Vick's newest sponsor! :chuckle:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
lmao, you never know, maybe Red Lobster is going to be Vick's newest sponsor! :chuckle:

ha!! :applaudit::rofl:

mcg24
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
OH piss off already...you don't want to hear the truth that's not my problem...

get off your high horse and take a time out

tell me how it was a smart comment or a joke about rape...seriously i'm listening

"OH piss off already...you don't want to hear the truth that's not my problem..."

You're right, I should leave. I am out of place, a Steelers fan on a Steelers board...what was I thinking.

"you've been up my ass since post one..."

Yup, because your first post to me was "haha you're going to be flat out sad after the game....", because I was talking to a different Jets troll. I had no intentions of talking to you, so stop acting like you are such a victim.

"get off your high horse and take a time out"

Well, I was never any good at riding horses.

"tell me how it was a smart comment or a joke about rape...seriously i'm listening"

Actually there were no smart comments in your post. Just dumb ones.

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM

That...cannot be comfortable.

http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/toilet-rape-rape-demotivational-poster-1214379753.jpg

Meant to post that earlier...seemed like a good place to get it out of my head.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:53 PM
That...cannot be comfortable.

http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/toilet-rape-rape-demotivational-poster-1214379753.jpg

Meant to post that earlier...seemed like a good place to get it out of my head.

haha touche

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
"OH piss off already...you don't want to hear the truth that's not my problem..."

You're right, I should leave. I am out of place, a Steelers fan on a Steelers board...what was I thinking.

Yup, because your first post to me was "haha you're going to be flat out sad after the game....", because I was talking to a different Jets troll. I had no intentions of talking to you, so stop acting like you are such a victim.

"tell me how it was a smart comment or a joke about rape...seriously i'm listening"

It's over...just let it go for now. I don't care who started it, it's done. Keep it to football smack. :thumbsup:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 05:57 PM

after the jets win I'm coming for you and you only...you and your one month of fandom...it's gonna be priceless...

i'm only continuing this because your so clearly a short fused douchenozzle...

:popcorn:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
It's over...just let it go for now. I don't care who started it, it's done. Keep it to football smack. :thumbsup:

:drink:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I am going to toilet rape both of you. :pin:

Screw it...to the BF with it. Smack away.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
after the jets win I'm coming for you and you only...you and your one month of fandom...it's gonna be priceless...

Is douchenozzle a new VW term?

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Is douchenozzle a new VW term?

what's VW?

and yes...

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I am going to toilet rape both of you. :pin:

Screw it...to the BF with it. Smack away.

you can toilet rape me anytime

:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM

why? do you not have pretty feet? :footinmou

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM

not really sure what my feet has to do with anything...

i get it your attempting to make a rex funny...but come on..

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM

No, you're continuing this because you want to. If I was a such a "short fused douchenozzle," and you continued to argue with me, that's pretty sad you are willing to stoop to my level.

Besides, why would you come on here and talk trash after the Steelers win? That wouldn't make any sense. Trolls will be trolls.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA DON't MAKE FUN OF HIM! There are people on here that can make fun of Roethlisberger and his rape allegations but they may be offended when you make a foot joke. Please, for their sake, let's not make any crude jokes like that ever again! :chuckle:

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
I have no comments about Bens multiple rape allegations Because I dont know much about it other than what the media reports (I dont trust them), But in Marks defense the charges were dropped for multiple reasons. 1) no evidence (same as Ben) 2) the girls friends said she consented. She also was all over him the rest of the night according to reports and did not report until he gave her the cold shoulder the next day.

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA DON't MAKE FUN OF HIM! There are people on here that can make fun of Roethlisberger and his rape allegations but they may be offended when you make a foot joke. Please, for their sake, let's not make any crude jokes like that ever again! :chuckle:

i wasn't making fun of rothlisberger or his rape allegations you ****ing ******...youre a one month old high school steeler fan looking to start shit w/ an opposing fan..

let me tell you something dickstain...

you...are...a....fag...

I'm sure you hear it everyday in school, but I thought I'd bring it to your imaginary tough guy internetz life

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
i wasn't making fun of rothlisberger or his rape allegations you ****ing ******...youre a one month old high school steeler fan looking to start shit w/ an opposing fan..

you...are...a....fag...

I'm sure you hear it everyday in school, but I thought I'd bring it to your imaginary tough guy internetz life

Where did I say your name in the above post? I didn't say your name at all. Wow, that was one funny rage post. Nice job!

Oh, and definitely not a one month old Steeler fan. One month old board member, surely. Call me whatever makes you feel better, you might need therapy after that rage post.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I have no comments about Bens multiple rape allegations Because I dont know much about it other than what the media reports (I dont trust them), But in Marks defense the charges were dropped for multiple reasons. 1) no evidence (same as Ben) 2) the girls friends said she consented. She also was all over him the rest of the night according to reports and did not report until he gave her the cold shoulder the next day.

Honestly, I don't trust any allegations from these women to these sports stars. Absolutely it happens and I would never deny that it does, but most of these allegations are very very sketchy and often have no proof whatsoever. Roethlisberger and Sanchez were in bad situations and likely up to no good, but rape? I don't think so.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM

you...are...a....fag...

Easy tiger. Take 5. You have gone to far with this post. Dont be one of "those" fans none of us are proud of. This is there house

pherein
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
actually no...that's not why...he's not talking shit because there's no reason to talk shit...against Indy he needed to defer attention away from the outcome of last years AFCCG...against the Pats he needed to defer attention away from 45 - 3.

Pitt? We already beat you in the regular season...there's nothing to defer attention away from...it's a let's line up and play situation..

And I see no reason to try and convince myself we have a chance...If you think this game is going to be a blowout on your part you are just a homer and a fool...

These teams match up very well and the game will be played on Sunday....and the better team will win.

I really don't know where the confidence comes from

PiTTs offense is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/index.htm

Then the Jets

PiTTS Defense is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/opp.htm

Then the Jets

PiTTS QB with 61.7% is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2010.htm

Then the Jets QB 54.8%, Brunnell almost equaled Sanchez.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2010.htm

Yet your fan base is going to pop onto a Steelers board, and pretend to be superior. I remember this exact same bravado when you entered our Dome at 3-0 last year, how'd that turn out?
You beat a IR depleted Colts team, that if fully healthy would beat the Jets 8-2 times, and got a good win vs a Patriots team, that would beat the Jets 6-4 times. Your defense is ranked worse than ours.

We played these guys, they are tough, and we were lucky to win. If Brees didn't have a great game, they would have killed us, plus we had them at home.

I really have no idea where the Jets fans are coming from anymore. Seems they just want to pull a Rex and talk there way into a win. You have your hands full this sunday. Your not the better team walking on the field, and you're not going to be able to talk your way out of this one, we played them, PiTT is solid. Its almost impossible to run against this team. You don't really match up as well as you think.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I really don't know where the confidence comes from

PiTTs offense is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/index.htm

Then the Jets

PiTTS Defense is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/opp.htm

Then the Jets

PiTTS QB with 61.7% is better
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2010.htm

Then the Jets QB 54.8%, Brunnell almost equaled Sanchez.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2010.htm

Yet your fan base is going to pop onto a Steelers board, and pretend to be superior. I remember this exact same bravado when you entered our Dome at 3-0 last year, how'd that turn out?
You beat a IR depleted Colts team, that if fully healthy would beat the Jets 8-2 times, and got a good win vs a Patriots team, that would beat the Jets 6-4 times. Your defense is ranked worse than ours.

We played these guys, they are tough, and we were lucky to win. If Brees didn't have a great game, they would have killed us, plus we had them at home.

I really have no idea where the Jets fans are coming from anymore. Seems they just want to pull a Rex and talk there way into a win. You have your hands full this sunday. Your not the better team walking on the field, and you're not going to be able to talk your way out of this one, we played them, PiTT is solid. Its almost impossible to run against this team. You don't really match up as well as you think.

I am not a huge believer in stats. There are to many variables to use them to compare two teams when trying to pick a winner. Not to mention the playoffs are different animal. The "experts are saying this will be a 3 point game. Thats what they say when they have no idea. The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot.

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Some Jets fans don't use the very difficult concept known as "logic."

mcg24
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I am not a huge believer in stats. There are to many variables to use them to compare two teams when trying to pick a winner. Not to mention the playoffs are different animal. The "experts are saying this will be a 3 point game. Thats what they say when they have no idea. The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot.

"Not to mention the playoffs are different animal."

Huge advantage for the Steelers, we have many of the same guys still on the team that have won the tournament twice.

"The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot."

I understand that but c'mon. You beat a great Patriots team, sure, but the Colts team you beat has just been demolished by injuries, they were lucky they made the playoffs. Not to mention, you are playing the Steelers here, a team with one of the greatest running defenses of all time this year. Stats won't tell you who will win a game, but they will tell you a lot about a team. The stats tell you that you will not run the ball against the Steelers.

Mark Sanchez will HAVE to make plays. More than likely a few big ones. If you are extremely confident he will make these big plays with our defense, and Troy Polamalu back again, so be it, I just wouldn't understand it.

Both teams have a chance, but I certainly wouldn't be confident as a Jets fan. I wasn't confident the Steelers would beat the Ravens last week. I picked them, but I knew the Ravens wanted it real bad, and it showed, they just tired out.

pherein
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM

If you don't take into account stats, then your not really interested in talking ball. You might try crop circles or if the pyramids were made by aliens. Walking into an opposing teams forum to simply state , "hey we're going to win" with nothing to back it up is pretty counter productive, dont you think? I really don't think the steeler fans care much about how confident you feel.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
"Not to mention the playoffs are different animal."

Huge advantage for the Steelers, we have many of the same guys still on the team that have won the tournament twice.

"The Jets nation is feeling confident because we have been playing really good ball the past few weeks and are red hot."

I understand that but c'mon. You beat a great Patriots team, sure, but the Colts team you beat has just been demolished by injuries, they were lucky they made the playoffs. Not to mention, you are playing the Steelers here, a team with one of the greatest running defenses of all time this year. Stats won't tell you who will win a game, but they will tell you a lot about a team. The stats tell you that you will not run the ball against the Steelers.

Mark Sanchez will HAVE to make plays. More than likely a few big ones. If you are extremely confident he will make these big plays with our defense, and Troy Polamalu back again, so be it, I just wouldn't understand it.

Both teams have a chance, but I certainly wouldn't be confident as a Jets fan. I wasn't confident the Steelers would beat the Ravens last week. I picked them, but I knew the Ravens wanted it real bad, and it showed, they just tired out.

For me to come on here and say the Jets will win hands down would make me ignorant. I dont think by any means this will be an easy game or a sure win. I do think we have as much of a chance as the Steelers though. You are correct is saying the Jets will not run all over the Steelers but we will be balanced as we have been most of the year. We will probably be in the 80-90 yard range. We will have to run to keep those monster LBs honest

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 07:04 PM
If you don't take into account stats, then your not really interested in talking ball. You might try crop circles or if the pyramids were made by aliens. Walking into an opposing teams forum to simply state , "hey we're going to win" with nothing to back it up is pretty counter productive, dont you think? I really don't think the steeler fans care much about how confident you feel.

If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.

pherein
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.

Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out. Your not going to get the same rushing yards because polamalu is playing.
Im not seeing Sanchez out playing the steelers secondary, especially sense polamalu wasn't playing when you played them. Your missing the point. Your acting like your favored, your not.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out.
Im not seeing Sanchez out playing the steelers secondary, especially sense polamalu wasn't playing when you played them. Your missing the point. Your acting like your favored, your not.

I think you may be trying to create an argument that is not there. I am not saying Sanchez is better. I am saying that the 2 complete teams match up well. This will not be a blow out. You keep going back to stats about 2 different QBs who played different teams. Do you think the stats would be identicle if Ben or Sanchez played different teams ( Schedule) this year.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Sanchez at 54.8% completion and Benn at 61.7% is not a useless stat. It means he is way more accurate. Brees shots a 68.7%, it's the only way we squeezed a win out. Your not going to get the same rushing yards because polamalu is playing.

I also never said we were favored. I said Jets fans are confident.

pherein
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I think you may be trying to create an argument that is not there. I am not saying Sanchez is better. I am saying that the 2 complete teams match up well. This will not be a blow out. You keep going back to stats about 2 different QBs who played different teams. Do you think the stats would be identicle if Ben or Sanchez played different teams ( Schedule) this year.

If Benn played on the Jets this season he would be a better QB than Sanchez, thats pretty obvious. My argument is with the Jets fans tone as of late.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
If Benn played on the Jets this season he would be a better QB than Sanchez, thats pretty obvious. My argument is with the Jets fans tone as of late.

I am still not arguing that fact. Keep in mind as with any team there are those people looking for trouble.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Vegas just bumped the odds to 4 point in Steelers favor

pherein
01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Vegas just bumped the odds to 4 point in Steelers favor

That sounds about right. Jets secondary is going to have to play balls to the wall, to even hope to pull this game off. Brees proved you can be burned when your playing your best ball, and Benn is a damn good QB.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
That sounds about right. Jets secondary is going to have to play balls to the wall, to even hope to pull this game off. Brees proved you can be burned when your playing your best ball, and Benn is a damn good QB.

That was last year. We added Cromartie, Pool to the secondary .

pherein
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
That was last year. We added Cromartie, Pool to the secondary .

Ok, but your secondary is not better this year, at least its not ranked as.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Ok, but your secondary is not better this year, at least its not ranked as.

Are we going back to stats again? If we must here we go. We have scored more points this year thus making other teams throw more. Hence another variable that factors into the whole stat BS. Our secondary is hands down better this year and just shut down Brady Manning Big Ben ect... We had some bad games after Leonard went down since he called the secondary Defense. Another Variable. Should I keep going

pherein
01-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Are we going back to stats again? If we must here we go. We have scored more points this year thus making other teams throw more. Hence another variable that factors into the whole stat BS. Our secondary is hands down better this year and just shut down Brady Manning Big Ben ect... We had some bad games after Leonard went down since he called the secondary Defense. Another Variable. Should I keep going

Brady Ill give you, Ill also wonder what the heck happened vs Brady to make you lose 45-3?
45-3 what good secondary gets burned that bad? What team gets beat that bad?
Manning I wont give you, you know they are the top of the IR list in the NFL., and what craziness constitutes a shut down when you only win by 3 pts?
Your saying you dont believe in stats because they don't work to your favor, yet you keep throwing great QB's names out that you beat, those are stats and or facts.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Like I said Our Defensive captain who calls the secondary went down 2 days before the game. Thats one reason Brady had a field day. That has been corrected. Manning may have abunch of injuries but he is still the best QB to ever play this sport and is a gamer. I throw the great Qbs out there because they are great. Stats may support that fact but does not mean you have to have them to be great.

pherein
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Like I said Our Defensive captain who calls the secondary went down 2 days before the game. Thats one reason Brady had a field day. That has been corrected. Manning may have abunch of injuries but he is still the best QB to ever play this sport and is a gamer. I throw the great Qbs out there because they are great. Stats may support that fact but does not mean you have to have them to be great.

How many times would you beat the Colts fully healthy in 10 games? Just want to know if Im chatting with a guy who understand the colts IR situation Collie,clarke, etc.. , and football, or something else.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Just so we dont start an argument over a topic that does not matter I will conceed the Colts game. Let me ask you this. If you had Big Ben, Brady or Manning who would you take to start a team for one year. Would you go to the stat book and pick the guy with the best stats or would you take the best guy.

pherein
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Just so we dont start an argument over a topic that does not matter I will conceed the Colts game. Let me ask you this. If you had Big Ben, Brady or Manning who would you take to start a team for one year. Would you go to the stat book and pick the guy with the best stats or would you take the best guy.

How do you define the" best guy" without stats, please, refine. Is there a "best guy" feeling? a "best guy"color? a "best guy" walk?

Best arm = stats, best in pocket = stats, best comp % = stats. Your not making sense.

Is this a "best guy" because hes good a PS3? what defines "best guy" is ability and performance, um stats. Not talk , or hey I like you.

If I had to choose from only those 3, Id have to take Manning, check the leader boards.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/
If you would add Brees to that ID take him, hes beating most of their stats. That might seem like bias but its not Ill take a 69% accurate passer over a 54 % passer any day. Higher comp % means a QB is reading defenses better, goes threw his reads faster, and makes the right call more than not.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Who would give you the most wins is how I would measure it. The most interchangable. The guy that no matter what situation would give you the best chance to win.

GreeneMachine
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
The reason I ask this question is I want to see if you could answer this question from a football knowledge standpoint. You went right to what measurement (stat). That tells me you dont know football. Not everything is measurable in life nor in football. Have a good night.

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 10:06 PM
not really sure what my feet has to do with anything...

i get it your attempting to make a rex funny...but come on..

JurkTetFan,

i like feet. i have pretty feet. do you have pretty feet too? i bet you do.

if not i am setting myself up for an "epic dissapointment'.

:rofl: LMAO@ U & your coach U PERVs.

now chill out farking bootlicker :footinmou :flap:

pherein
01-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Who would give you the most wins is how I would measure it. The most interchangable. The guy that no matter what situation would give you the best chance to win.

That would be Brady. But your also forgetting NE, in its hay day was in a division with crappy teams. When were the Jets,dolphins or bills any good from 1995-2007?
or colts , when were the jaguars, texans, or titans any good in that period. The titans once I think.

They were both almost guarantied a division title, if they had a decent team.

Chargers win division almost every year, um against the raiders,broncos, and chiefs. Of course they do, then they enter the playoffs and get beat.

weak divisions. Its subjective. NE has never had a serious threat to the AFCE until Rex showed up. So , do you want to redefine your wins category?

We were in the 49ers and Montana's division, that guaranteed 2 wins:)

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
If you want to use stats go ahead but anyone who really understands the game will say stats are fun to look at but at the end of the day you have to play the game. We did not play against the same teams at the same times ect.... Like I said there are too many variables to use stats to predict a game. If we could we would all be in Vegas winning millions.i really understand the game.

lets get down to the nitty gritty. im gonna post some stats and since you dont like them, throw em out the window to be fair.

steelers have allowed 63 YPG in rushing this year. that is the 5th best in the entire history of the nfl. yet if you look at their past 3-4 playoff games they are allowing an astronomically low 40 yards per game.

what could possibly be reason? do they crank it up a notch come playoff time? of course not. this would imply they arent going all out during the regular season. their opposition simply tightens up when faced with the buzzsaw.

and this is from some pretty confident teams much more ****y than the jets, from the chargers to the ravens.

while they pucker up, the steelers are simply free flowing.

the steelers are a 'been there, done that' group with a "been there, done that" coach who says "we will go there again because that is the standard", despite what some newb coach proclaims on HBO's HARD KNOCKS.

thats great rex got to hold his daddys ring as a child. that, nor his words, dont mean shit come sunday.

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
That would be Brady. But your also forgetting NE, in its hay day was in a division with crappy teams. When were the Jets,dolphins or bills any good from 1995-2007?

weak divisions. Its subjective.

in that timespan the colts were also in the AFC least. in that timespan the colts, jets, dolphins, and patriots all went 1-15 and earned the #1 pick in the draft.

if that isnt stone cold, hard evidence of sucktitude i dont know what is.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
How do you define the" best guy" without stats, please, refine. Is there a "best guy" feeling? a "best guy"color? a "best guy" walk?

Best arm = stats, best in pocket = stats, best comp % = stats. Your not making sense.

Is this a "best guy" because hes good a PS3? what defines "best guy" is ability and performance, um stats. Not talk , or hey I like you.

If I had to choose from only those 3, Id have to take Manning, check the leader boards.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/
If you would add Brees to that ID take him, hes beating most of their stats. That might seem like bias but its not Ill take a 69% accurate passer over a 54 % passer any day. Higher comp % means a QB is reading defenses better, goes threw his reads faster, and makes the right call more than not.

so by your logic , you'd prefer to have chad pennington over any other qb in history because he has the all time career highest completion percentage ?

1 pennington - 66 %
42 marino - 59.4 %

MACH1
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4d3082f14bd7c8672e2e0000/jets-rex-ryan-feet.jpg

http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/rex-feet-time-copy.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 11:15 PM
:toofunny:

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
^^^^i second this^^^^

:toofunny: :toofunny:

pherein
01-19-2011, 11:26 PM
so by your logic , you'd prefer to have chad pennington over any other qb in history because he has the all time career highest completion percentage ?

1 pennington - 66 %
42 marino - 59.4 %

Whats silly about your statement is look at the top 12, yep, Id take everyone. Your just trying to pick something silly to prove a point and hiding who's on this list. Do they look like winners to you? and you're wasting everones time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

1. Chad Pennington (34) 66.0% 2000-2010 2TM
2. Kurt Warner 65.5% 1998-2009 3TM
3. Drew Brees (31) 65.2% 2001-2010 2TM
4. Peyton Manning (34) 64.9% 1998-2010 clt
5. Matt Schaub (29) 64.8% 2004-2010 2TM
6. Aaron Rodgers (27) 64.4% 2005-2010 gnb
7. Steve Young+ 64.3% 1985-1999 2TM
8. Tony Romo (30) 64.1% 2004-2010 dal
9. Philip Rivers (29) 63.7% 2004-2010 sdg
10. Tom Brady (33) 63.6% 2000-2010 nwe
11. Joe Montana+ 63.2% 1979-1994 2TM
12. Ben Roethlisberger (28)

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM

1 pennington - 66 %
42 marino - 59.4 %

He is better than Sanchez ... but then again, who isn't? :noidea:

Buddha Bus
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4d3082f14bd7c8672e2e0000/jets-rex-ryan-feet.jpg

Jesus, Mach! I think I just pissed myself. :rofl:

MACH1
01-20-2011, 12:26 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

tony hipchest
01-20-2011, 12:40 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!

GreeneMachine
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
i really understand the game.

lets get down to the nitty gritty. im gonna post some stats and since you dont like them, throw em out the window to be fair.

steelers have allowed 63 YPG in rushing this year. that is the 5th best in the entire history of the nfl. yet if you look at their past 3-4 playoff games they are allowing an astronomically low 40 yards per game.

what could possibly be reason? do they crank it up a notch come playoff time? of course not. this would imply they arent going all out during the regular season. their opposition simply tightens up when faced with the buzzsaw.

and this is from some pretty confident teams much more ****y than the jets, from the chargers to the ravens.

while they pucker up, the steelers are simply free flowing.

the steelers are a 'been there, done that' group with a "been there, done that" coach who says "we will go there again because that is the standard", despite what some newb coach proclaims on HBO's HARD KNOCKS.

thats great rex got to hold his daddys ring as a child. that, nor his words, dont mean shit come sunday.

I am not saying that stats dont have a place. I am saying if stats could predict a game then there would be no reason to play the game. I also know the Steelers D is the real deal. No argument there. If you believe that stats are all that counts then put your $ where your mouth is and put all you got into vegas. Take a heloc and mortgage your house to make the bet. By the stat logic there is no way you could loose. You have a 4 point advantage. You could be the next Bill Gates, rich beyond belief. The Steelers are a great winning franchise with some great history. They have been fortunate to have very competent owners over the years. The Jets and others cannot claim that. However we do have the right tools in place now. We have made it to the AFC champ game 2 years in a row with less talent than our opponents. Thats a good sign.

GreeneMachine
01-20-2011, 11:44 AM

1 pennington - 66 %
42 marino - 59.4 %

Great point! Yet reason #2,874,651 why stats can be misleading.

MACH1
01-20-2011, 12:36 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/jzcruisn/Photoshops/nnc%20pshops/FootRex.jpg

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2010/12/lickingfeet23-480x424.jpg

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/files/2010/12/rex-ryan-toes.jpg

JETSallDay
01-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Lol you do know that first graphic was made by the NY media..and was on the cover of the paper. We get a laugh over it too..its hilarious.

GreeneMachine
01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/jzcruisn/Photoshops/nnc%20pshops/FootRex.jpg

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2010/12/lickingfeet23-480x424.jpg

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/files/2010/12/rex-ryan-toes.jpg

The bigfoot pic is gonna give me nigtmares tonight.

harrison'samonster
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
yeah that big foot is grotesque but absolutely hilarious. that picture reminds me of Farley making out with the penguin at the end of Billy Madison.

let's face it, you can't use stats to determine who will win, but they are facts that you can back up your argument with.

43Hitman
01-20-2011, 08:10 PM
The bigfoot pic is gonna give me nigtmares tonight.

That's one big ass foot. Lmao.