PDA

View Full Version : New Steelers fan

Bibeen
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Hey, Im a 16yo boys from Quebec, Canada. I played football when I was 12-13 years old but I didnt continue to play because I wasn't as shaped as other college player... :noidea: I wasn't a big fan of Pittsburgh Steelers but I recently watched game of them and I liked their style. I would like to learn more about this team, who are the best player of the team? I know of Polamalu, Roethlisberger (hard to write :doh:),Miller,Harrison,Farrior are all elite player but who elses? Who is Mike Tomlin? Why they are effective years after years? Why their defense system is that good? Where can I (re)watch for free Steelers games?

PS : Sorry if my english is lacking, my first language is French... ^^
PS2: STELLERS FOR SUPERBOWL! :tt02:

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey, Bibeen! And welcome to the greatest football fanbase in the world!

Other players to look out for are Lawrence Timmons (ILB), Rashard Mendenhall (RB), Mike Wallace (WR), Hines Ward (WR), LaMarr Woodley (OLB) and Maurkice Pouncey (C). There are plenty of excellent players on this team.

Mike Tomlin is our head coach.

They are effective year after year because they draft better than any other team in the league, know when to let a player go instead of overpaying for declining talent, a winning attitude and superior coaching.

The defensive system is that good because we have the best defensive mind in football, Dick LeBeau, as our defensive coordinator and know exactly what types of players to draft and sign for our system.

Sorry, I'm not sure where to re-watch games for free. I'm sure someone else can help there.

I hope some of this helps. Welcome aboard! :tt04::tt::tt02::tt03::helmet::tt05::steelersflag:

mesaSteeler
01-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard, always room in the Steeler Nation for one more.

steeltheone
01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome young man...Check out Steeler Internet sites for more info. You made a great choice!

Bibeen
01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey, Bibeen! And welcome to the greatest football fanbase in the world!

Other players to look out for are Lawrence Timmons (ILB), Rashard Mendenhall (RB), Mike Wallace (WR), Hines Ward (WR), LaMarr Woodley (OLB) and Maurkice Pouncey (C). There are plenty of excellent players on this team.

Mike Tomlin is our head coach.

They are effective year after year because they draft better than any other team in the league, know when to let a player go instead of overpaying for declining talent, a winning attitude and superior coaching.

The defensive system is that good because we have the best defensive mind in football, Dick LeBeau, as our defensive coordinator and know exactly what types of players to draft and sign for our system.

Sorry, I'm not sure where to re-watch games for free. I'm sure someone else can help there.

I hope some of this helps. Welcome aboard! :tt04::tt::tt02::tt03::helmet::tt05::steelersflag:

Yeah I know he's the head coach, but I would like to know why he is the head coach, who he is and all of that stuff... Sorry if the question wasn't explain well and thanks you for this!

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 05:53 PM
welcome :) question is the NFL bigger than the CFL up there?

Bibeen
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
welcome :) question is the NFL bigger than the CFL up there?

Well, right now, yes because the CFL season and playoff are over and it's NFL playoff, but when the CFL is in action, media does not cover alot of NFL games, the CFL is the priority... That's in Quebec but I dont know somewhere else and also Montreal have a good CFL team (won 2 consecutive grey cup)...

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the boards Bibeen! Always glad to have a new Steelers fan. :tt02:

Bibeen
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks, it's appreciated!

fat4jc
01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks, it's appreciated!

You can watch alot of older Steelers game on hulu.com

Welcome to Steeler Nation!

Bibeen