PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Tom Brady: 'I wish we won, to shut (the Jets) up'

mesaSteeler
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Patriots' Tom Brady: 'I wish we won, to shut (the Jets) up'
03:39 PM
By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/patriots-tom-brady-i-wish-we-won-to-shut-the-jets-up/1

A disappointed New England Patriots QB Tom Brady said he had a restless night on Sunday agonizing over the mistakes made in a 28-21 playoff loss to the New York Jets on Sunday.

His biggest regret? Not being able to make the trash-talking Jets regret their words. :sofunny::sofunny:(Aw poor little Marsha, he should go home and play with his silicone. Then maybe he would feel better. - mesa)

"When you've had a good year, you can say whatever you want to say," Brady said. "I wish we won, to shut 'em up, but we didn't."

Jets CB Antonio Cromartie profanely described Brady in the days leading up to the game, and Jets LB Bart Scott mocked the Patriots on the field after the game. New England WR Deion Branch called the actions of some of the Jets "classless."

But Brady shrugged off the off-field antics amid his disappointment.

"I really don't care the way they act," Brady said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I really don't. I'm really proud of the way our guys conduct ourselves. I think we're going to continue to go out there and work our butts off to be back next year with as much focus and determination as we had this year."

The loss was the third straight in the playoffs for Brady and the Patriots. They were an NFL-best 14-2 this season, but have gone just 5-5 in the postseason since winning Super Bowl XXXIX.

Brady, 34, was asked if the Patriots will be able to make more runs at the Super Bowl.

"I sure as hell hope so," he said. "I'm not going anywhere any time soon. Coach (Bill) Belichick, what he allows us to do as a team and the coaching that he gives us, is the best. There's no one better. When you have the best coach and the best owner, you're set up to be successful year after year playing for the Patriots."

The Patriots QB also dismissed the impact that the opening-drive benching of WR Wes Welker had. Welker was out after mocking Jets coach Rex Ryan last week in a news conference.

"I think Wes -- that's his personality," Brady said. "He's a very fun, positive, energetic person. I think Wes just thought it would be funny to come at it in his own way. All that stuff that happened over the course of the week didn't have any impact on the game."

See photos of: NFL, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tom Brady

OX1947
01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Don't worry Thomas, we will take care of that for you Sunday at 6:30PM eastern standard time.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
we will do what he can not ;)