PDA

View Full Version : I like "this" Big Ben better....

therocksteeler
01-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, what a transformation he has had. Just goes to show you being true of heart and mind, focused on doing what needs to be done deserves that second chance. Proud to say Ben has noticeablely stepped up this year and instead of back slapping his way through players at the start of each game-his leadership has taken over. Ben has begun this year to let his fellow teammates know its not all about one person-its a team-Ben makes sure to let his play and comments reflect these awesome character traits. Notice these comments Ben Roethlisberger stated after Ravens win. Now thats class! and makes me proud to be a part of Steeler Nation even more!

"It starts with the top. It starts with the Rooneys -- awesome people, awesome family, awesome owners," Roethlisberger said. "I think all the players really respect the coaches, from the head guy all the way down to our position guy. We are a family, we have since I've been here, and we'll fight and do anything for each other."

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Agree ? / Disagree ?

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
First of all, one thing I've always liked about Ben is that he personalizes things. By that I mean that in an interview when most guys use second-person references like "You have to do this or that", Ben almost always says "I" as in "I didn't play well, I let my team down".

But to agree with what you've written, I've noticed that he has become more self-deprecating. When we won against Baltimore he never once said that "he" did anything but rather that he owes it all to his offensive linemen or in the case of Brown's big catch; "All I do is throw it".

I agree, I'm liking the "new" Ben even more than the old one and I hope he keeps moving in this direction.

plenewken
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
First of all, one thing I've always liked about Ben is that he personalizes things. By that I mean that in an interview when most guys use second-person references like "You have to do this or that", Ben almost always says "I" as in "I didn't play well, I let my team down".

But to agree with what you've written, I've noticed that he has become more self-deprecating. When we won against Baltimore he never once said that "he" did anything but rather that he owes it all to his offensive linemen or in the case of Brown's big catch; "All I do is throw it".

I agree, I'm liking the "new" Ben even more than the old one and I hope he keeps moving in this direction.

I was very impressed with his speech. He showed a lot of maturity in addition to humility.
Great job, Ben.

thumper
01-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I was very impressed with his speech. He showed a lot of maturity in addition to humility.
Great job, Ben.

:thumbsup: