PDA

View Full Version : NY media says jets caught a break by ravens losing

12+88=6
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
i was watching the sports channel, sny, from new york and they said the jets caught a break by not having to play the ravens b/c the ravens are a better offensive team than the steelers and they just gave the game away in the 2nd half.

can you believe that? they think they won the super bowl already, can't wait till sunday.

Steelerfreak58
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
New Yorkers and the Jets fans are ignorant people. Can't expect them to think anything less.

Miller and Pauly were out the first game, they are going to catch a serious beat down this time around. Sanchez is going to want to go home and curl up in a burrito after the game and have a good cry.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
i was watching the sports channel, sny, from new york and they said the jets caught a break by not having to play the ravens b/c the ravens are a better offensive team than the steelers and they just gave the game away in the 2nd half.

can you believe that? they think they won the super bowl already, can't wait till sunday.

Huh? What? Flacco? Better offense than ours? Huh? By WHAT measure? What a laugh! Guess what, the Steelers forced those damn turnovers and capitalized on them! That makes us even MORE dangerous to know that we could be down 14 and not be rattled! I can't wait!

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
New Yorkers and the Jets fans are ignorant people. Can't expect them to think anything less.

Miller and Pauly were out the first game, they are going to catch a serious beat down this time around. Sanchez is going to want to go home and curl up in a burrito after the game and have a good cry.

:rofl:

OX1947
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has been playing out of his mind the last month. Until the Steelers lose, I do not see him losing the next two games. I can't see it.

12+88=6
01-17-2011, 06:19 PM
yep idiot new jerkers. i hate them more than rex ryan i think.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has been playing out of his mind the last month. Until the Steelers lose, I do not see him losing the next two games. I can't see it.

Anyone notice he switched up his passing motion? Man, it's a huge difference. I think it serves him better and he's finally understanding what defense's are showing him. Scary....

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM

Relax, it's just the hot dogs on 51st Street (there's something with the water...)

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
don't take it the wrong way but i'd rather play you then the ravens

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM

you must really feel like losing then. the ravens are good, but not as good as us.

WeegiesWarriors
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM

who the f*ck are you lining up against jackass?

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
you must really feel like losing then. the ravens are good, but not as good as us.

Hilarious. Roethlisberger and the Steelers have beaten the vaunted Ravens 6 times out oft he last 6 times and just mounted a comeback of their own by the virtue of 14 points and the Jets want us? Whatever the Ravens do, we do 10X better.

The Ravens go into the draft to simply match up with the Steelers. I'm glad these Jets fans want us, makes it more cozy.:tt04:

ben4life
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, but just for fun, why don't you explain WHY you would rather the Jets play the Steelers over the Ravens? This should be interesting......:tt04:

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but just for fun, why don't you explain WHY you would rather the Jets play the Steelers over the Ravens? This should be interesting......:tt04:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

grward
01-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Ok, JF115, you are going to have to explain this one. I thought it was OBVIOUS during the game that the Effbirds looked deflated, worn out, something like that ... but not better than the Steelers. Please explain yourself sir.

austinfrench76
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
This is what the Jest do. They have to say it over and over and over again...we can beat them, we are better than them, we can win, we can win, we can win. They think the loudest guy in the room is the toughest but people from the Midwest know, it's the guy who aint saying s#@% that you need to worry about. AKA Troy P!

They do it because they know, they are good but they are not Steeler good. Look at their D, play one good game and all of the sudden Bart Scott is screaming in post game interviews. They weren't being disrespected, they were playing terribly and people were calling them out on it. They were on some TV show so you're not aloud to call a spade a spade???! They have no pass rush and one good game for Shaun Ellis doeen's change that.

We will hand them their asses on Saturday and then Rex can go back to eating feet or whatever the hell it is they like to do in NY. The whole damn town stinks like hot dog water.

Farrior_roirraW
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
This is what the Jest do. They have to say it over and over and over again...we can beat them, we are better than them, we can win, we can win, we can win. They think the loudest guy in the room is the toughest but people from the Midwest know, it's the guy who aint saying s#@% that you need to worry about. AKA Troy P!

:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2011, 07:05 PM
i certainly don't recall anything about the week 15 matchup that should make jetfans feel confident about this game. the steelers outplayed them , had 100 more yds of offense , ran the ball on them pretty effectively , had 2 receivers with 7 receptions , wallace burnt them deep. (over 100 yds receiving )
on the flip side it took a kickoff return and a safty for the jets to win... those don't happen every game...and the game still came down to the wire...:noidea:

harrison'samonster
01-17-2011, 07:06 PM
i'm not at all surprised that any writer outside of pittsburgh thinks that the Ravens are a better team. Nobody else seems to think much of our Offense, that's ok, their loss

It's insulting to learn that people consider themselves lucky to have to play the Steelers, but let's give them a break, we have been feeling the same way about the Jets

ucsteve667
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
I didnt see anything too special last night against the pats. They did beat up Brady pretty good, but we also saw that Brady pretty much cant scramble all that great anymore. Sanchez is gonna see what made Flacco lose his sh*t Sunday...
Hey Scott, we cant wait either

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Be careful what you wish for New York.

fer522
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
the only 1 thing the ratbirds are better at than us is at trash talking
and the big difference between us is
the little trash talk that our players do they DO back it up :noidea:

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I didnt see anything too special last night against the pats. They did beat up Brady pretty good, but we also saw that Brady pretty much cant scramble all that great anymore. Sanchez is gonna see what made Flacco lose his sh*t Sunday...
Hey Scott, we cant wait either

The Jets D can't play Ben the same way they played Brady. It will be slop and Bens style is perfect for what the Jets bring. His elusiveness and our balance attack will keep those backers at bay and those speedy receivers can get behind them with ease. Just look at all those missed holding calls in the secondary in the first game. I don't think they can cover us, ESP with Heath Miller as a check-down guy. We are as balanced as it comes. Indy? N.E? Not so much.

I'm VERY comfy with how the Jets offense looked last night. They had so many chances to put the game away but decided to keep the Pats and Brady into it on their worst day of the season. I think we can take advantage of them early and often. That crowd noise is going to rattle the shit on Sanchez, esp if they get 3rd and long.

SteelMusic
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I can see our offense struggling against the Jets for most of the game. However, I think our defense is going to completely dominate! With Troy back, we are a totally different Defensive unit. Also, Ziggy gets better every week. Sanchez is toast.

Even though I think the offense will struggle at times, the Jets are going to slip up and let one of our young receivers get loose once or twice and thats the game folks. You heard it here first.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I can see our offense struggling against the Jets for most of the game. However, I think our defense is going to completely dominate! With Troy back, we are a totally different Defensive unit. Also, Ziggy gets better every week. Sanchez is toast.

Even though I think the offense will struggle at times, the Jets are going to slip up and let one of our young receivers get loose once or twice and thats the game folks. You heard it here first.

Remember now, that opening kick they took back completely took the Heinz crowd out of it for some time. This time, that stadium will be a FORCE.

SteelMusic
01-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Remember now, that opening kick they took back completely took the Heinz crowd out of it for some time. This time, that stadium will be a FORCE.

Yes it will be. The last game was insane. Get A little Renegade pumpin' and the crowd will bust eardrums!

madtowndrunkard
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
I hope the Jets also believe this. I hope the Jets are confident. I hope they remember beating us. They are the better team...after all they beat us. You can't argue that.

I hope our players understand this as well. We better step it up big time if we think we are going to beat the Jets. They just knocked off Patriots and the Colts. Only a month ago they beat us to. Seems to me we are taking these Jets WAYYYYY too lightly on this message board.

If we don't play our best game we will lose.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Still waiting for the Jets fan response on this! Cause, I'd really like to know also :popcorn:

ucsteve667
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I hope the Jets also believe this. I hope the Jets are confident. I hope they remember beating us. They are the better team...after all they beat us. You can't argue that.

I hope our players understand this as well. We better step it up big time if we think we are going to beat the Jets. They just knocked off Patriots and the Colts. Only a month ago they beat us to. Seems to me we are taking these Jets WAYYYYY too lightly on this message board.

If we don't play our best game we will lose.

Im not taking them lightly at all. I am just confident our team will prevail. I was there when they lost on the 19th. No Troy, No Heath, and a play away from winning. I figure the rust started to come off after the half on Sat, and they must want to do better this week. They know they were very fortunate to get this game at home so they better not waste it.
KILL

steelcity1974
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Jets celebrated sunday as if the trophy was won. They achieved everything they set out to already...rex finally beat manning, and they got revenge on the pats. But they dont have a locker room speech for the steelers game...so lets see if their football alone is good enough this week. Btw, wtf is that gay arms out flying away bs? Is that in their contracts that they have to do that? Bucnh of 6 year olds.

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Btw, wtf is that gay arms out flying away bs?

Shit makes me laugh every time I see it. My better half and I just look over at each other, put our arms out and go "I'm a jet!" and laugh like retards.

Ok...so I'm easily amused. :chuckle:

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM

i think we match up better against you guys. both teams are similar, u have a better QB but worse o-line. games are won in the trenches

cloppbeast
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
i think we match up better against you guys. both teams are similar, u have a better QB but worse o-line. games are won in the trenches

I'm not so sure about that.

The strength of your offense is running, the strength of the Steelers D is stopping the run. Strength on strength usually benefits the defense.

Sanchez depends on the run for his success. If LT and Greene can get going, Sanchez can play splendid. But if they don't, Dirty can play horrid.

If the Steelers can stop the run, it will be like cutting of the head of the snake.

As far as the the Steelers O vs. the Jets D, I'd say they'll fair better than the Colts and Patriots. - if the Jets play D the same. Rushing three or four will not work against Ben. He won't panic like Brady and Manning, he will buy as much time as he needs.

Normally, an internal clock for a QB is a good thing for a QB, but when everybody is in coverage and their is absolutely no pressure, the QB will panic and be forced to get rid of the ball prematurely before anybody is open. Ben doesn't have an internal clock, so he will hold onto the ball as long as it takes.

On top of that, neither the Colts nor the Patriots have a legitimate deep threat.

I don't expect Rexy to play Roethlisberger the same as Manning and Brady, but a guy can hope.

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

The strength of your offense is running, the strength of the Steelers D is stopping the run. Strength on strength usually benefits the defense.

Sanchez depends on the run for his success. If LT and Greene can get going, Sanchez can play splendid. But if they don't, Dirty can play horrid.

If the Steelers can stop the run, it will be like cutting of the head of the snake.

As far as the the Steelers O vs. the Jets D, I'd say they'll fair better than the Colts and Patriots. - if the Jets play D the same. Rushing three or four will not work against Ben. He won't panic like Brady and Manning, he will buy as much time as he needs.

Normally, an internal clock for a QB is a good thing for a QB, but when everybody is in coverage and their is absolutely no pressure, the QB will panic and be forced to get rid of the ball prematurely before anybody is open. Ben doesn't have an internal clock, so he will hold onto the ball as long as it takes.

On top of that, neither the Colts nor the Patriots have a legitimate deep threat.

I don't expect Rexy to play Roethlisberger the same as Manning and Brady, but a guy can hope.

the pats don't have a deep threat. for the colts are you really gonna say wayne and garcon aren't deep threats?

also same could be said of the ravens. no deep threat/. the jets have 2 of them

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 10:23 PM
the pats don't have a deep threat. for the colts are you really gonna say wayne and garcon aren't deep threats?

No, they are not. Wayne in fact was a 4.57 forty guy, and Garcon I can't find, but he isn't fast. So the answer is No!!

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM

Not really. The Colts offense is built to go down-field and Reggie Wayne is pretty much the entire threat downfield, esp with Dallas Clark out of the lineup to free up those corners and make the safeties respect him. The Colts offense evolved since the days of Wayne and Harrison, two valuable threats for defense's to worry about and the Colts have been banged up all year.

The Jets love to run the ball, there's no denying that. They are going to pound the rock until they can't move anymore. Unfortunately for them, the Steelers are always stout against the run, but this season has been stuff of legends. Jets won't be able to run it, which means Sanchez gotta beat us. Don't see it.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 11:06 PM

wayne is like 10000 years old lol, he ain't no deep threat

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
wayne is like 10000 years old lol, he ain't no deep threat

wayne led the AFC with 111 catches. and yes he's fast. so is garcon. he's a 4.4 guy.

dont forget the jets have 2 speedy WRs

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
wayne led the AFC with 111 catches. and yes he's fast. so is garcon. he's a 4.4 guy.

dont forget the jets have 2 speedy WRsour 4 cb's and t. polamalu are all faster than holmes and edwards. :noidea:

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 11:40 PM
I didnt see anything too special last night against the pats. They did beat up Brady pretty good, but we also saw that Brady pretty much cant scramble all that great anymore. ...

Brady was never much of a scrambler to begin with. In fact, that's been his Achilles Heel for his whole career; you force him to move before he's ready and he becomes as average as any high school QB -- same thing with Manning. Both of those guys hate it when they're pressured and forced to improvise.

That's why I like Ben so much, he does his best work while being chased across the field. I actually think he prefers to have things break down, it makes it more fun.

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2011, 11:46 PM

dont forget the jets have 2 speedy WRs
a lot of catches doesn't equal , big threat...wes welker catches a ton of balls, does that make him a deep threat ?
wayne - 12.1 yd avg.....20+ yds - 13
wallace - 21 yd avg......20+ yds - 26

BGSU A Dub
01-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Yea, the Jets sure caught a "break". We will catch some "breaks" of our own come Sunday:
Santonio smoking green before the game
Braylon reverting back to the great Cleveland reciever we all know
Rex Ryan getting too sick to coach due to eating too much of his wife's toe jam

Besides that fireman, is there even such a thing as a "true" Jets fan? :rofl:

12+88=6
01-18-2011, 12:48 AM
i just saw another show from ny called loudmouths or something and the guys there said the jets off. is better than the steelers.

namely they have better wr's, bolth L.T. and greene are better than mendenhall and their offensive line is better b/c the steelers o-line is in "shambles' and the jets will get at least 6 or 7 sacks and shut them down. oh and dustin keller is more "dynamic" than heath.

no respect at all! can't wait for sunday.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
i just saw another show from ny called loudmouths or something and the guys there said the jets off. is better than the steelers.

namely they have better wr's, bolth L.T. and greene are better than mendenhall and their offensive line is better b/c the steelers o-line is in "shambles' and the jets will get at least 6 or 7 sacks and shut them down. oh and dustin keller is more "dynamic" than heath.

no respect at all! can't wait for sunday.

man they're hitting the crack pipe if they think greene or LT is better than mendenhall. i wouldnt trade rashard for BOTH of them

maybe for LT in his prime, but what was that, like 7 years ago?

o-line isn't the best but if flozell is over his sickness I think we're A-ok as long as jonathan scott doesn't have to play. 6-7 sacks? did they just sign terrell suggs? cause i don't think so on that lol. Their front 7 is nowhere near as nasty as baltimore's, if they get more than 4 sacks I would be surprised.

ben4life
01-18-2011, 07:11 AM

Ok, here are some reasons maybe jets fans would rather play the Steelers than the Ravens:
1. The Ravens Defense has more sacks...........wait Steelers have 48, Ravens have 27.

2. The Ravens have allowed way less sacks this year............wait Steelers have allowed 43, Ravens have allowed 40 (BIG DIFFERENCE)!!!!

3. Steelers Linebacks have less interceptions that the mighty Ravnes this year..............um Steelers have 21, !

4. The Ravens MUST have forced more fumbles........uh, Steelers 24, Ravens 18.

5. Steelers offense IS NOT as productive as the Ravens.........40 TD's for the Ravens, STEELERS 41!!!!!

6. The Ravens have a PROVEN winner in their quarterback who JUST WINS games. Battle tested and known to win when the game is on the line and who has a record in the playoffs of 9 and 2............Silly..........that would be the Steelers Quarterback, BEN ROETHLISBERGER!!!!

I do not take the Jets lightly, but will tell you I am extremely happy that will be our opponent this weekend, as I would rather the Steelers play the Jets than the Patriots for the following reasons:

1. The Steelers just do not match up well against the Pats and for them to go into Foxboro and get a win in the AFC Championship game woulda been tough.

2. We get the Jets AT HOME!

3. I would much rather the Steelers be preparing for Mark Sanchez the Tom Brady.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
a lot of catches doesn't equal , big threat...wes welker catches a ton of balls, does that make him a deep threat ?
wayne - 12.1 yd avg.....20+ yds - 13
wallace - 21 yd avg......20+ yds - 26

i never said the catches alone make him one, but his average isn't' as good because he is a complete WR and they use him to run every route.

man they're hitting the crack pipe if they think greene or LT is better than mendenhall. i wouldnt trade rashard for BOTH of them

maybe for LT in his prime, but what was that, like 7 years ago?

o-line isn't the best but if flozell is over his sickness I think we're A-ok as long as jonathan scott doesn't have to play. 6-7 sacks? did they just sign terrell suggs? cause i don't think so on that lol. Their front 7 is nowhere near as nasty as baltimore's, if they get more than 4 sacks I would be surprised.

Flozell is a walking holding penalty. why do you think dallas cut him? guy holds on every play. and yes our front 7 ins';t as good as b-more but scheme is involved. Jets sacked brady 5 times one of the least sacked QBs. we'll get to ben quite a bit.

Also mendenhall isn't anything special. he's an average RB. Greene is a faster younger version of mendenhall. When has mendenhall did things like this in the playoffs?

EexZYDqzM1U

LT isn't anything great anymore but he is still a reliable check down guy and playing inspired football

Ok, here are some reasons maybe jets fans would rather play the Steelers than the Ravens:
1. The Ravens Defense has more sacks...........wait Steelers have 48, Ravens have 27.

2. The Ravens have allowed way less sacks this year............wait Steelers have allowed 43, Ravens have allowed 40 (BIG DIFFERENCE)!!!!

3. Steelers Linebacks have less interceptions that the mighty Ravnes this year..............um Steelers have 21, !

4. The Ravens MUST have forced more fumbles........uh, Steelers 24, Ravens 18.

5. Steelers offense IS NOT as productive as the Ravens.........40 TD's for the Ravens, STEELERS 41!!!!!

6. The Ravens have a PROVEN winner in their quarterback who JUST WINS games. Battle tested and known to win when the game is on the line and who has a record in the playoffs of 9 and 2............Silly..........that would be the Steelers Quarterback, BEN ROETHLISBERGER!!!!

I do not take the Jets lightly, but will tell you I am extremely happy that will be our opponent this weekend, as I would rather the Steelers play the Jets than the Patriots for the following reasons:

1. The Steelers just do not match up well against the Pats and for them to go into Foxboro and get a win in the AFC Championship game woulda been tough.

2. We get the Jets AT HOME!

3. I would much rather the Steelers be preparing for Mark Sanchez the Tom Brady.

Honestly we scored 9 points against b-more and 22 against teh steelers. that why we would rather have the steelers. i know 1 game isn't a great sample but when thats all you got, then you feel more comfortbale knwoign that. Just like i'd rather have chi then GB in the SB

steelerschik
01-18-2011, 10:09 AM
i never said the catches alone make him one, but his average isn't' as good because he is a complete WR and they use him to run every route.

Flozell is a walking holding penalty. why do you think dallas cut him? guy holds on every play. and yes our front 7 ins';t as good as b-more but scheme is involved. Jets sacked brady 5 times one of the least sacked QBs. we'll get to ben quite a bit.

Also mendenhall isn't anything special. he's an average RB. Greene is a faster younger version of mendenhall. When has mendenhall did things like this in the playoffs?

EexZYDqzM1U

LT isn't anything great anymore but he is still a reliable check down guy and playing inspired football

Honestly we scored 9 points against b-more and 22 against teh steelers. that why we would rather have the steelers. i know 1 game isn't a great sample but when thats all you got, then you feel more comfortbale knwoign that. Just like i'd rather have chi then GB in the SB

Did those 9 points on Bmore come from the Jets offense? Cause only 13 came from the Jets offense against the Steelers. I don't see another ST meltdown and definitely don't see another safety this game adding the 9 points given by the Steelers, and the Steelers STILL could have won at the end of that game. What happens in the regular season games have no bearing on the postseason whatsoever. I know that's all you got, but on Gang Green you'd think Sanchez was the second coming during that game and they scored like 21 on the Steelers offensively when quite the opposite happened. That game was not as great for the Jets as the Jets fans tend to think it was.

madtowndrunkard
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Anyone actually do an honest comparison of the two teams? by position:

QB - Edge Steelers
RB - Edge Jets
OL - Edge Jets
WR - Edge Steelers
TE - Edge Even

ST's Edge Jets

DL - Edge Steelers
LB - Edge Steelers
DB - Edge Jets
FS/SS - Edge Steelers

Coaching - Edge Steelers

I think this shows that both teams are pretty even. If I were gambling a LOT of $ though...I'd look at QB and coaching. This would give a slight edge to the Steelers IMO. But I think this clearly shows either team could win this game. The Jets have a huge advantage in special teams play. Both offenses scored about the same points over the regular season. (which is another reason Arians should be fired!)

The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game. Everyone is convinced the last mathcup vs the Jets was a good indication of what is going to happen this Sunday. I don't believe that for a second. Who's to say the Jets didn't play a bad game last time....but still won? The Jets ran one back on us...and most here say that's the reason we lost. Well isn't ST's a big part of the game? Anyone willing to bet the Jets won't run one back again? Anyone willing to bet the Jets will NOT win the battle of field possession? The Jets also got a safety. Why did that happen? Bad ST's put us on the goal line. An inconsistent O-line missed a block and allowed a defender to bring down Moore in the endzone.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I love my steelers as much as anyone. But I am not getting the over confidence I've seen on this board. Our opponent just knocked off the Patriots in convincing fashion. Something we have not been able to do in a very long time. They also knocked out the Colts. Our weakness has always been against elite QB's. The Jets seem to match up better with the Packers then we do. But everyone favors us to meet GB in the SB. I agree if you look at strengths and weaknesses we should win this game. But I've been watching Arians long enough to know he will ignore strengths and weaknesses.

We should be trying to run the ball down the Jets throats. Like the Pats tried to do. I have a strong feeling Arians will be putting the ball in Ben's hands and letting him air it out. Just remember when you do that you open your self up to Int's, Sacks, fumbles, and incomplete passes that stop the clock. Arians though always seems to go against traditional thinking on game day.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM

EexZYDqzM1U

Well...to be fair to Mendenhall, the Ravens game was his first playoff game (was put on IR his rookie year '08 and they didn't make the playoffs last year, through no fault of Mendenhalls)...and they have a great run defense (like the Steelers). He did rush for two TD's though.

He's also ranked higher than both Greene and LT for the regular season. I know he has more yards because those guys split attempts, but he's around the same in YPC. LT is 4.2, Greene is 4.1 and Mendy is 3.9 (on a 1200+ yard season).

So, while he's only played in one playoff game, rest assured...he is capable of breaking a big one.

W_nEObMyNeQ

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 11:39 AM

QB - Edge Steelers
RB - Edge Jets
OL - Edge Jets
WR - Edge Steelers I have to say EVEN
TE - Edge Even

ST's Edge Jets

DL - Edge Steelers
LB - Edge Steelers
DB - Edge Jets
FS/SS - Edge Steelers

Coaching - Edge Steelers

I think this shows that both teams are pretty even. If I were gambling a LOT of $ though...I'd look at QB and coaching. This would give a slight edge to the Steelers IMO. But I think this clearly shows either team could win this game. The Jets have a huge advantage in special teams play. Both offenses scored about the same points over the regular season. (which is another reason Arians should be fired!)

The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game. Everyone is convinced the last mathcup vs the Jets was a good indication of what is going to happen this Sunday. I don't believe that for a second. Who's to say the Jets didn't play a bad game last time....but still won? The Jets ran one back on us...and most here say that's the reason we lost. Well isn't ST's a big part of the game? Anyone willing to bet the Jets won't run one back again? Anyone willing to bet the Jets will NOT win the battle of field possession? The Jets also got a safety. Why did that happen? Bad ST's put us on the goal line. An inconsistent O-line missed a block and allowed a defender to bring down Moore in the endzone.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I love my steelers as much as anyone. But I am not getting the over confidence I've seen on this board. Our opponent just knocked off the Patriots in convincing fashion. Something we have not been able to do in a very long time. They also knocked out the Colts. Our weakness has always been against elite QB's. The Jets seem to match up better with the Packers then we do. But everyone favors us to meet GB in the SB. I agree if you look at strengths and weaknesses we should win this game. But I've been watching Arians long enough to know he will ignore strengths and weaknesses.

We should be trying to run the ball down the Jets throats. Like the Pats tried to do. I have a strong feeling Arians will be putting the ball in Ben's hands and letting him air it out. Just remember when you do that you open your self up to Int's, Sacks, fumbles, and incomplete passes that stop the clock. Arians though always seems to go against traditional thinking on game day.

only 1 thing I dont agree with on the position comparison. B Easy has been ballin outta his mind. Holmes is the speedster that requires attention, leaving more favorable match ups for D Keller & J Co. so I have to say the WR is a wash to.

I MOST agree with "The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game. "

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Did those 9 points on Bmore come from the Jets offense? Cause only 13 came from the Jets offense against the Steelers. I don't see another ST meltdown and definitely don't see another safety this game adding the 9 points given by the Steelers, and the Steelers STILL could have won at the end of that game. What happens in the regular season games have no bearing on the postseason whatsoever. I know that's all you got, but on Gang Green you'd think Sanchez was the second coming during that game and they scored like 21 on the Steelers offensively when quite the opposite happened. That game was not as great for the Jets as the Jets fans tend to think it was.

still special teams is 1/3rd of the game. Who's to say smith can't take another one back? points are points.

QB - Edge Steelers
RB - Edge Jets
OL - Edge Jets
WR - Edge Steelers
TE - Edge Even

ST's Edge Jets

DL - Edge Steelers
LB - Edge Steelers
DB - Edge Jets
FS/SS - Edge Steelers

Coaching - Edge Steelers

i would agree with you mostly except WRs to the jets ( in the words of rex we have 3 #1s) and coaching i can't outright give to the steelers. i think they have a great staff with tomlin and lebuea but ryan has been amazing the past few years and more importantly the past few games. last week the steelers played careless and undisciplined football. That won't fly against the jets

Well...to be fair to Mendenhall, the Ravens game was his first playoff game (was put on IR his rookie year '08 and they didn't make the playoffs last year, through no fault of Mendenhalls)...and they have a great run defense (like the Steelers). He did rush for two TD's though.

He's also ranked higher than both Greene and LT for the regular season. I know he has more yards because those guys split attempts, but he's around the same in YPC. LT is 4.2, Greene is 4.1 and Mendy is 3.9 (on a 1200+ yard season).

So, while he's only played in one playoff game, rest assured...he is capable of breaking a big one.

W_nEObMyNeQ

but Mendy has had what 300+ carries and 1200 yards? he's been a workhorse and is getting worn. greene has fresh legs. matter of fact last year i think he broke the NFL record for most rushing yards in the playoffs and he did it in 2.5 games. Green is a monster with fresh legs and mendy is average and on tired legs.

steelerschik
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Well my, my. The Jets certainly turned into an untouchable dominant team while I slept. Our coaches aren't as good, our running back is tired (LOL, news to me) after 1 PO game and Green is just super fresh after playing 2 PO games. Well golly, the Steelers have no reason to show up, our talent is so much less and all. LOL with all that, I still like our chances.

BTW re coaching, Rex's BS wouldn't fly here, the Rooneys wouldn't even consider him as a HC candidate (and I thank God for that). At first it was cute, awww the coach is emotional and mouthy, yay team. Now it's just downright old and tiresome and he's become an annoying blowhard that I hope the Steelers shut up for the rest of the season. I can't imagine how much more annoying he'll be on the way to the SB, just kill me now.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
but Mendy has had what 300+ carries and 1200 yards? he's been a workhorse and is getting worn. greene has fresh legs. matter of fact last year i think he broke the NFL record for most rushing yards in the playoffs and he did it in 2.5 games. Green is a monster with fresh legs and mendy is average and on tired legs.

Yes, like I said, I know Mendy had more carries. But you're just going on some kind of untested opinion saying that he's tired and average in the post season.

I know Greene is good...nobody is saying he isn't. Mendy has only played the Ravens in the post season though. So you really don't have any basis in saying that he's average or hasn't done things that Greene has done in the playoffs. How many games has Greene played in the post season vs. Mendy. IMO, it's not a big enough sample to start calling him average. Plus, don't forget that he's had a the bye week to rest up after the season.

Besides, if we were to go off regular season numbers, then calling Mendy average would mean that Greene and LT are even more average. :noidea: Mendy has had more TD's than both LT and Greene combined, and has half as many fumbles as the two combined. All while having very similar YPC numbers to both.

Let's face it though, they're all decent backs, but none of them are Charles, Peterson or Bradshaw good.

4xSBChamps
01-18-2011, 12:55 PM
NY media says Jets caught a break by Ravens losing

let's go back-in-time 7 days, and see what the Ravens thought about a playoff game in Pittsburgh

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RavensscaredtoplayPittsburgh.jpg

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes, like I said, I know Mendy had more carries. But you're just going on some kind of untested opinion saying that he's tired and average in the post season.

I know Greene is good...nobody is saying he isn't. Mendy has only played the Ravens in the post season though. So you really don't have any basis in saying that he's average or hasn't done things that Greene has done in the playoffs. How many games has Greene played in the post season vs. Mendy. IMO, it's not a big enough sample to start calling him average. Plus, don't forget that he's had a the bye week to rest up after the season.

Besides, if we were to go off regular season numbers, then calling Mendy average would mean that Greene and LT are even more average. :noidea: Mendy has had more TD's than both LT and Greene combined, and has half as many fumbles as the two combined. All while having very similar YPC numbers to both.

Let's face it though, they're all decent backs, but none of them are Charles, Peterson or Bradshaw good.

I was saying more that mendy is an average back. i know he's had a short career. (this is his 2nd season carrying the load) but he's not an impressive RB. he really doesn't worry me at all.

tanda10506
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Who cares what the NY media says they are consistent in the "not knowing a damn thing" category. The Jets are a good team don't get me wrong, but I'm seeing all these breakdowns and talks about the previous game and I think it's getting blown up bigger then what it is. We would have scored on the 3rd to last play of the game if not for a horrible and obvious non call for holding/pass interference. And that was without Miller which makes a difference and Polamalu which will be in the head of Sanchez. It will be a good game but I don't think it will be as close as last time.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 01:57 PM
I was saying more that mendy is an average back. i know he's had a short career. (this is his 2nd season carrying the load) but he's not an impressive RB. he really doesn't worry me at all.

That's fine if he doesn't worry you (even though he had nearly 100 yards rushing and a TD with a 5.8 ypc in the Steelers/Jets last meeting...better than what Greene and LT had combined). But like I said, if you're going to go off regular season numbers, and call Mendy average, then to me...that's the equivalent of you saying that LT and Greene are even more average than him.

Combined, LT and Greene had more carries, fewer yards/game, fewer TDs and more fumbles. :noidea: I just don't get why you're putting them on a pedestal and calling Mendy average when he's done more than both of them combined.

I mean, LT and Greene have good postseason numbers right now...and I'm not saying they are bad backs...but that was against pretty mediocre defenses.

grward
01-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Who cares what the NY media says they are consistent in the "not knowing a damn thing" category. The Jets are a good team don't get me wrong, but I'm seeing all these breakdowns and talks about the previous game and I think it's getting blown up bigger then what it is. We would have scored on the 3rd to last play of the game if not for a horrible and obvious non call for holding/pass interference. And that was without Miller which makes a difference and Polamalu which will be in the head of Sanchez. It will be a good game but I don't think it will be as close as last time.

I, for one, am glad we lost that game. In the end it didn't make a difference in our #2 seeding. However, what it does do? It gives the Jets a false sense of betterment. They now think that they are better than our boys and they can win in d'burgh again. Hahahahaha! It also keeps our team in focus. They lost to them once, so they know it can happen and will not take this team lightly. It will be lights out when the clock ticks down to zero! Steelers will win on Myron's bday and move on!

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
That's fine if he doesn't worry you (even though he had nearly 100 yards rushing and a TD with a 5.8 ypc in the Steelers/Jets last meeting...better than what Greene and LT had combined). But like I said, if you're going to go off regular season numbers, and call Mendy average, then to me...that's the equivalent of you saying that LT and Greene are even more average than him.

Combined, LT and Greene had more carries, fewer yards/game, fewer TDs and more fumbles. :noidea: I just don't get why you're putting them on a pedestal and calling Mendy average when he's done more than both of them combined.

I mean, LT and Greene have good postseason numbers right now...and I'm not saying they are bad backs...but that was against pretty mediocre defenses.

Depends on how you use them. LT has been a very average RB in the rushing game (but has made some great catches)

Greene if he had as many carries as mendy he'd have more yards and a high average. greene is one of those guys that'll keep pounding and pounding and then break off a big one. the more carries he gets the higher his average gets which is the opposite of most backs. 4.0 is prety much teh minimum requirement for a RB to be in the NFL. a 3.9 average isn't good at all.

Matter of fact out of the top 32 backs in the NFL (by yards) him, Stephen Jackson, and thomas jones are the only 3 to avg 4.0 or less a carry

UF-Steeler
01-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Depends on how you use them. LT has been a very average RB in the rushing game (but has made some great catches)

Greene if he had as many carries as mendy he'd have more yards and a high average. greene is one of those guys that'll keep pounding and pounding and then break off a big one. the more carries he gets the higher his average gets which is the opposite of most backs. 4.0 is prety much teh minimum requirement for a RB to be in the NFL. a 3.9 average isn't good at all.

Matter of fact out of the top 32 backs in the NFL (by yards) him, Stephen Jackson, and thomas jones are the only 3 to avg 4.0 or less a carry

I find it comical that you say mendy is average. The guy works his ass off behind a line that is terrible in all phases of the game.

The Jets have one of the best fullbacks in the game as well as an amazing offensive line. I don't see how you can sit here and throw out some bs hypothetical situation that no one knows would actually be true. You can't actually say that Greene would've performed better with more carries because you don't know this and it didn't happen.

Mendy works his ass off. He makes people miss and gets met in the backfield continually. He's good. He may not be AP, but he definitely gets the job done.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM

If a 3.9 average isn't good at all, then how much better can a 4.1 (Greene's average) or 4.2 (LT's average) be? That's such a small margin. I know over time it adds up, but it's not like we're comparing Jamaal Charles to Ronnie Brown here.

You can use the if game all you want, but that's just getting into more speculation.

That's fine, I guess I just use TDs and yds/game as more of a determining factor than you do. Not to mention, during the regular season, Mendy had more longer breakouts than either LT or Greene did. 11 20+ yard carries and 1 over 40 yards in the regular season. Neither LT or Greene come close to that.

Steelrule
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Let them keep thinking they "got a break." Neither Indy nor New England has our "D." They escaped last time. This time, there's too much on the line. They got their break last time. Don't expect it to happen again. But hey, they did us a favor taking out New England and now, it's time for them to go home.

I like the Jets, I really do, as long as they're not playing us. Twan made a great catch against a mediocre "D."

Too bad the wife bought me the jacket with the 6 SB's on it. Wonder if I can trade up?

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Are you f&(king retarded? Mendenhall was drafted in 2008, Greene in 2009. Mendy only played half of his rookie year with a broken collarbone (I believe). Mendenhall is actually 2 years younger than Greene.

Mendenhall's combine 40-time - 4.54 seconds
Greene's combine 40-time - 4.65 seconds

try again there cupcake.

stand undefeated
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't take offense to a NYJ fan wanting to play the Steelers rather than the Ravens.

Seeing NE go down, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. The Jets are a much better matchup (in Heinz Field) than going to Foxboro.

I'm not saying the 22-17 game was a fluke... but you know... all of us Steelers fans know that's one that shouldn't have ended the way it did.

warddj86
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM

That's OK cuz we were ecstatic to see that we're playing you guys instead of the patriots.
:tt02:

warddj86
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Are you f&(king retarded? Mendenhall was drafted in 2008, Greene in 2009. Mendy only played half of his rookie year with a broken collarbone (I believe). Mendenhall is actually 2 years younger than Greene.

try again there cupcake.

Haha got 'em. :thumbsup:

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
If a 3.9 average isn't good at all, then how much better can a 4.1 (Greene's average) or 4.2 (LT's average) be? That's such a small margin. I know over time it adds up, but it's not like we're comparing Jamaal Charles to Ronnie Brown here.

You can use the if game all you want, but that's just getting into more speculation.

That's fine, I guess I just use TDs and yds/game as more of a determining factor than you do. Not to mention, during the regular season, Mendy had more longer breakouts than either LT or Greene did. 11 20+ yard carries and 1 over 40 yards in the regular season. Neither LT or Greene come close to that.

there is 2 things to what your saying that doesn't help your point.
sure a .3 avg isn't huge but it does make a difference.

try again there cupcake.

your right about the age, its weird considering mendy has been in the league longer
anyway you put too much stock on 40 times. by your account cromartie and revis are way faster then wallace right? So is holmes right?

Haha got 'em. :thumbsup:

not really.

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
There is a big difference between a 40 time in skin tight spandex and on the field speed in full-on pads. Greene may not be the fastest guy in the world, but he's shown that once he gets to the second level he has that second gear.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
there is 2 things to what your saying that doesn't help your point.

Such as...

sure a .3 avg isn't huge but it does make a difference.

Like I said, over time it adds up, but it's not that big of a difference at all. You're making it sound like we're going up against a tag team of Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson vs. a washed up Willie Parker. :noidea:

You're acting like Mendy is just some random RB who hasn't done anything this year, and that 1200 yards and 13 TDs is just something to sneeze at.

Really though, big whoop that he had .2 lower ypc than Greene and .3 lower ypc than LT. I'll take more TD's over .2 or .3 yards per carry any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If you're not worried about him at all, that's fine. But the way he performed against the Jets D last time, there's no way they're going to dismiss him as quickly as you are.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
There is a big difference between a 40 time in skin tight spandex and on the field speed in full-on pads. Greene may not be the fastest guy in the world, but he's shown that once he gets to the second level he has that second gear.

exactly

Such as...

Like I said, over time it adds up, but it's not that big of a difference at all. You're making it sound like we're going up against a tag team of Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson vs. a washed up Willie Parker. :noidea:

You're acting like Mendy is just some random RB who hasn't done anything this year, and that 1200 yards and 13 TDs is just something to sneeze at.

Really though, big whoop that he had .2 lower ypc than Greene and .3 lower ypc than LT. I'll take more TD's over .2 or .3 yards per carry any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If you're not worried about him at all, that's fine. But the way he performed against the Jets D last time, there's no way they're going to dismiss him as quickly as you are.

he had a good game last time. just saying that he isn't a stud RB like jamaal charles or adrain peterson or anything. He's an average back and i'd rather have shonn greene who i think is an above average RB. LT has been very average this year as well

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 04:42 PM
your right about the age, its weird considering mendy has been in the league longer
anyway you put too much stock on 40 times. by your account cromartie and revis are way faster then wallace right? So is holmes right?

Not when Revis and Cro-magnon have to run backwards or try to follow Wallace through a route. :coffee:

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Right, and Mendenhall doesn't have that second gear.

go to about 2:15 in the highlight reel.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091209/2010/REG1/falcons@steelers/watch#tab:watch

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
exactly

he had a good game last time. just saying that he isn't a stud RB like jamaal charles or adrain peterson or anything. He's an average back and i'd rather have shonn greene who i think is an above average RB. LT has been very average this year as well

Again, nowhere am I stating that Mendy is some kind of extraordinary back. But he's done really good things for us this year.

These are all opinions though...you'd rather have the guy that doesn't get many carries and breaks one for a TD every now and then. I'd rather have the guy that is a workhorse and will get you a TD or two nearly every game. It's cool.

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Right, and Mendenhall doesn't have that second gear.

go to about 2:15 in the highlight reel.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091209/2010/REG1/falcons@steelers/watch#tab:watch

I never said he didn't. I was just defending Shonn Greene's speed.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Again, nowhere am I stating that Mendy is some kind of extraordinary back. But he's done really good things for us this year.

These are all opinions though...you'd rather have the guy that doesn't get many carries and breaks one for a TD every now and then. I'd rather have the guy that is a workhorse and will get you a TD or two nearly every game. It's cool.

Thats the thing. greene can be a workhorse, but teh jets are smart and know that have 2 (possibly 3) capable RBs and kept greene fresh for a late season run.