PDA

View Full Version : Ravens coach Harbaugh open to adding ex-Giants WR Burress

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Now I know this isn't the Raven's forums, but this is going to be an unexpected change of events.

The Baltimore Ravens would consider looking at former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress to help their passing game, coach John Harbaugh told reporters Monday.

"I don't know Plaxico Burress at all, I've never met him, but we'd consider him," Harbaugh said. "We'd consider anybody. It just depends on where he's at. I'd like to find out what kind of person he is, to see where he's really at in his life."

The Ravens, who suffered through a series of receiver blunders during Saturday's 31-24 AFC Divisional Playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, gave Donte' Stallworth his second chance this season after he served 24 days in jail on DUI manslaughter charges. The NFL suspended Stallworth for the 2009 season, and the Cleveland Browns released the receiver after he was reinstated.

Burress is set to be released from jail in June following a two-year sentence for carrying an unregistered gun that went off and wounded his leg at a nightclub.

Burress was the New York Giants' leading receiver from 2005 to 2007 with 209 catches for 3,227 yards and 29 touchdowns. He caught the game-winning score in the Giants' Super Bowl XLII victory over the New England Patriots in January 2008.

In nine seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Giants, Burress had 505 receptions for 7,845 yards with 55 touchdowns.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Baltimore Ravens, the new CINCINNATI BUNGLES!

harrison'samonster
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Heap, Mason, Douche, and Boldin aren't enough big names in recieving? It doesn't matter if they add Fitzgerald or whoever, the guy still throwing the ball is named Flacco.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
man, they really like picking up these old and washed-up players eh?

MDSteel15
01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't call him washed up, just not in game shape! :chuckle:

fer522
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM
they should also go after Michael Irving :noidea:

Buddha Bus
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Heap, Mason, Douche, and Boldin aren't enough big names in recieving? It doesn't matter if they add Fitzgerald or whoever, the guy still throwing the ball is named Flacco.

Kind of like going into battle with a stockpile of armor piercing bullets and a slingshot. :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
2011 would be the 12th year in the league for Plax if he had not missed the past 2 years in prison

Not exactly a prime candidate to take the top off a pass defense

The knives are out in Baltimore - an aging defense and a question whether they have the right QB - good times

Curtain_of_Steel
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Sometimes its NOT the wr's but the choke artist tossing the rock to them.

Could a w/r catch the snap under the centers ass? Could the WR have crown 3 feet taller and catch the interception?
Sure perhaps its not Joe cool ( I think im darn Good) Flacco.

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I think Harbaugh has a hand fetish, and within the year we'll see a video released on youtube like Rex Ryan... Just wait, you'll see.
If you didn't get the joke, just think about it for a while.

Nevermore
01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Come on, give the guy a shot. He is like a bullet off the line. He really triggers good things on the offense and will do a bang up job. If I were you all I would be afraid of his explosive power, especially when the QB is in the shotgun or pistol formation!

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Come on, give the guy a shot. He is like a bullet off the line. He really triggers good things on the offense and will do a bang up job. If I were you all I would be afraid of his explosive power, especially when the QB is in the shotgun or pistol formation!
:toofunny::thumbsup:

Sixburgher
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Another aging headcase? By all means, go for it, Baltimore! Be sure to pick up Terrell Owens while you're at it. You can never have too many weapons.