PDA

View Full Version : QB??

ARKIESTEEL
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Who is our 3rd qb? Are we looking for a qb in the later rounds? Does Ward step into the 3rd spot? Do we have someone decent on the pratice squad? Just wondering we got 3 deep last year with folks getting hurt.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't think that we have have one right now. But we probably will be drafting one in the 4th or 5th round.

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
no we dont have a 3rd string QB at this time, I do belive we will be drafting someone to take that spot in the draft and look for the pick to be a late late pick

BB2W
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
If they draft a guy like Michael Robinson or Brad Smith he could double as the third string quarterback.

We also have quarterbacks Rod Rutherford and Shane Boyd playing in NFL Europe.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Rutherford is pencil'd in as the 3rd string guy. He spent all last year on our practice squad..but according to Colbert, they will look to FA and the draft to see about bringing in more talent for training camp and preseason at the QB position.

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
They draft a QB in the later rounds every year, so no reason to think that this year would be any different.

Rotorhead
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Is there even a QB available in FA anymore?

Ohio Steeler
04-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Is there even a QB available in FA anymore?

not any that we would want

Rotorhead
04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
That is what I thought haha, I guess it is the draft for us!

83-Steelers-43
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
From what I read in the PPG this morning, they are probably going to draft a QB in the later rounds to compete against Rod Rutherford.

tony hipchest
04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Is there even a QB available in FA anymore?kordell? :sofunny:

actually i wouldnt mind mcnair, just cause i think he deserves a ring and to keep him off the ravens but that will never happen. we like to sign our back up qb's to about 50% of fair market value. (the average 2nd string qb makes about 2mil/year. i think batch signed for a little over a million with a generous hometown discount)

Suitanim
04-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Steve McNair will be a Baltirat. It's almost a certainty...

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 06:49 PM
I got a strange feeling that Brian St.Pierre will be available , and signed by us. I would however like Mike robinson

HburgXL06
04-25-2006, 06:52 PM
If they draft a guy like Michael Robinson or Brad Smith he could double as the third string quarterback.

We also have quarterbacks Rod Rutherford and Shane Boyd playing in NFL Europe.

I didn't know the Steelers had an affiliation with a NFL Europe team? What team(s) are we affiliated with and how does that break down as far as the rest of the NFL goes?

BuFu

clevestinks
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
I didn't know the Steelers had an affiliation with a NFL Europe team? What team(s) are we affiliated with and how does that break down as far as the rest of the NFL goes?

BuFu
We are affiliated with them all, I think we have six players on three different teams

CantStop85
04-25-2006, 07:51 PM

BuFu
It's not like a farm team...you designate a certain # of players to go play in Europe and they are drafted by the Europe teams.

HburgXL06
04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh aiight. Thanks all I don't know anythin bout NFL Europe other than I hear it's not overly popular over there. Peace.

BuFu

SteelerDan43
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Its comparative to something like the MLS is here, it has its niche. Mostly in Germany

Black@Gold Forever32
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Well we have Rod Rutherford the former Pitt QB and another young QB playing NFL Europe. I think it would be wise to spend a late round pick on a QB to groom as backup. Rutherford wasn't all that at Pitt and I don't expect the kid playing in Europe to stick with us.

I say lets draft Josh Betts from Miami of Ohio. One Miami QB already has worked out well for us in Big Ben. Lets draft the guy who took over for Ben after Ben left school. Betts should be there in the 6th to 7th round has some of the same skills as Ben. Betts isn't as big as Ben but I like the kid. He could become a solid backup.

Other late round QB's I like. I live in Big 10 country so I seen alot of Brett Basanez from Northwestern. This kid has a competitive fire that I like to see in players especially from a QB. Brett also has the smarts. Basanez doesn't have a big arm but shows poise in the pocket which is important. Injuries have been a problem with Basanez. So that is a concern. Bruce Gradkowski from Toledo is another young QB I like to groom for a backup one day. So those are some names to watch for.

Ben is our starter no doubt and on the verge of being a super star. Batch proved to be a solid backup last year but injuries are always a concern with Batch. The other QB's on the roster don't do anything for me. So thats why I would like to see the Steelers invest a late round pick on one of the young QB's I mentioned to be Ben's backup one day.

Later

Black and Gold Forever 32

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2006, 02:18 AM
maddox is still available.....:sofunny:

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 10:43 PM
If I learned anything as a Bengals fan last year, you better have a quality back up QB. Of course you already know that, and I'd be shocked if you didn't pick one on day 2, if not day 1.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, every team knows what it's like to lose their starting QB. Counting us this past season. It's part of the game. We already have a quality back up QB in Charlie Batch. We will worry about a third string QB in the later rounds.