pancake
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
23-13 Steelers win.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
21-3 Steelers, their offense isn't good enough to score more than 7 on us

cubanstogie
01-17-2011, 08:33 PM
27-13 Steelers. Polamalu and Heath will make a huge difference. As long as they don't score on special teams we should win without difficulty. Sanchez was pretty solid last game and I expect him to to turn it over at least once this time. Not to mention Braylon and Santonio caught everything thrown to them and they are usually good for a couple of drops. They have to play perfect to win.

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
27-13 Steelers

Sanchez is utterly confused by the defense when none of the schemes are the same as the first meeting and throws 3 picks and the Jets amass under 70 yards rushing combined

theplatypus
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
21-13

ScreamingEagle
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
31-0 Steelers

jasonhightower
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
27 - 21 Jets...

I mean Steelers. :tt:

Jetsfan115
01-17-2011, 08:52 PM
24-21 jets

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
20-17 Steelers

wnyBob
01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
24-21 jets

I thought hallucinogenic drugs were illegal? lol

24 - 10 Steelers. Lock and Load. :tt02:

JetsFan17
01-17-2011, 09:13 PM
27-23 NYJ

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Forrest Gump once said,," Stupid is as stupid does "

Well that also goes for " Confidence is as confidence does " And that's the one thing I have to give the Jets right now. They ARE a very confident bunch. And that CAN overcome alot of things. Now, that is not to say the Steelers are not confident themselves, cause I believe they are. So I expect a early highly pumped up bunch of Jets. If we can overcome that early adrenaline, and not either make a critical turnover, or have a punting situation deep in our own territory that gives Snachez a short field to work with, I fully believe that we have it all over them talent wise. Coaching wise, and entangable wise,,,like playing at home. So with all that, my final prediction is...

Steelers 27

Jets 13

fer522
01-17-2011, 09:25 PM
i dont care what the score is as long as we have one more point that the jets :coffee:

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I thought hallucinogenic drugs were illegal? lol

24 - 10 Steelers. Lock and Load. :tt02:

he's been hanging out with santonio :chuckle:

1st&Goal
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Jets keep it close in the first half and lead 17-14 at the half. Lebeau dials in the D during halftime and then its lights out for the Jets.

At the end of 4 quarters Steelers advance to XLV with the final score Steelers 31 Jets 20.

Steel_Bus_24
01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
i dont care what the score is as long as we have one more point that the jets :coffee:

same for me........ I just hope for a healthy clean game and a Steelers Victory:tt03:

steeltheone
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Stillers 23 -17 but not that close on the field.

Diamond-D
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
21-14 Steelers

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't think the Jets score much here. I think our D swarms every part of the field and the noise and monumental pressure will get inside Sanchez's head. He still is a 2nd year player and I'm sure Dicky L. is going to disguise like a mother f*cker. No holds barred. Gotta get Mendy involved and let Heath roam the middle a bit.

Steelers 27
Jets 10

pittsurghsteelers4life
01-18-2011, 05:32 AM
27-20 STEELERS win

caseyviator
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
the steelers when playin the jets last time did not have miller and troy and they still had the game won on 2nd down when ben lofts it up to sanders and he is clearly held....this game is a totally different game.
jets off of the 2nd biggest game in their history are comin down
sanchez will not play a high level as we blitz him like we should
we are on as big a role as ever and ben is playin his absolute best that 4th n one showed where he at in his mindset and that is winning superbowl.

not close
steelers 37
jets 23

grward
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I think the score will not be reflective of the game. We outplay the jets, but with the black-and-white boys making more piss poor calls, the game stays close.

24 - 17 Steelers

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I think you get more fight than you are thinking you will get.
21-17 JETS win

madtowndrunkard
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone actually do an honest comparison of the two teams? by position:

QB - Edge Steelers
RB - Edge Jets
OL - Edge Jets
WR - Edge Steelers
TE - Edge Even

ST's Edge Jets

DL - Edge Steelers
LB - Edge Steelers
DB - Edge Jets
FS/SS - Edge Steelers

Coaching - Edge Steelers

I think this shows that both teams are pretty even. If I were gambling a LOT of $ though...I'd look at QB and coaching. This would give a slight edge to the Steelers IMO. But I think this clearly shows either team could win this game. The Jets have a huge advantage in special teams play. Both offenses scored about the same points over the regular season. (which is another reason Arians should be fired!)

The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game. Everyone is convinced the last mathcup vs the Jets was a good indication of what is going to happen this Sunday. I don't believe that for a second. Who's to say the Jets didn't play a bad game last time....but still won? The Jets ran one back on us...and most here say that's the reason we lost. Well isn't ST's a big part of the game? Anyone willing to bet the Jets won't run one back again? Anyone willing to bet the Jets will NOT win the battle of field possession? The Jets also got a safety. Why did that happen? Bad ST's put us on the goal line. An inconsistent O-line missed a block and allowed a defender to bring down Moore in the endzone.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I love my steelers as much as anyone. But I am not getting the over confidence I've seen on this board. Our opponent just knocked off the Patriots in convincing fashion. Something we have not been able to do in a very long time. They also knocked out the Colts. Our weakness has always been against elite QB's. The Jets seem to match up better with the Packers then we do. But everyone favors us to meet GB in the SB. I agree if you look at strengths and weaknesses we should win this game. But I've been watching Arians long enough to know he will ignore strengths and weaknesses.

We should be trying to run the ball down the Jets throats. Like the Pats tried to do. I have a strong feeling Arians will be putting the ball in Ben's hands and letting him air it out. Just remember when you do that you open your self up to Int's, Sacks, fumbles, and incomplete passes that stop the clock. Arians though always seems to go against traditional thinking on game day.

Prediction: Steelers 16 Jets 13 ..... In OT

Rick5895
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
The Jets will be very tough, but I believe we will run on them with Mendy getting 100 +, which will bring the safeties up and we hit a couple of big plays deep.
I think we win 24 -13, but that is an optimistic score because I think we will iron out ST problems (use defensive starters if Allen and Worilds can't go) and not allow a KR TD

:tt04:

pete74
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
steelers 27 jets 9

kirklandrules
01-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I think you get more fight than you are thinking you will get.
21-17 JETS win

Actually, I think the Steelers are not going to overlook this Jets team. The Steelers are a veteran squad and they know what happened in December ... in their own house.

The Jets beat a crappy Colts team and confused Brady and his dip sh!t receivers with a zone pass defense (plus I think the Pats had some pretty good arrogance going into that game). Same as the Ravens before them, I think the Jets come to the 'Burgh a little overconfident due to their past conquests.

I believe the Steelers will come out playing for all their worth.

Steelers 38 - Jets 10 (7 points from another *^%%* ST return)

NYC_Steeler
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
27-13 Steelers (maybe 27-16 - being generous)

Steelers pass rush is too much for Sanchez who folds like a cheap suit - I see sacks and picks in his future...

With both Heath and Troy back, I just don't see the Jets winning. Matt Spaeth is no Heath Miller.

stand undefeated
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
A lot of confident Steelers fans on this board, and that's okay. We are just fans.

Ummm... it's still a little early in the week for predictions, but i'm thinking something along the lines of 20-14, the good guys.

Subject to change. :)

Foreign Alphabet
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone actually do an honest comparison of the two teams? by position:

QB - Edge Steelers
RB - Edge Jets
OL - Edge Jets
WR - Edge Steelers
TE - Edge Even

ST's Edge Jets

DL - Edge Steelers
LB - Edge Steelers
DB - Edge Jets
FS/SS - Edge Steelers

Coaching - Edge Steelers

I think this shows that both teams are pretty even. If I were gambling a LOT of $ though...I'd look at QB and coaching. This would give a slight edge to the Steelers IMO. But I think this clearly shows either team could win this game. The Jets have a huge advantage in special teams play. Both offenses scored about the same points over the regular season. (which is another reason Arians should be fired!)

The team that makes the most mistakes will lose this game. Everyone is convinced the last mathcup vs the Jets was a good indication of what is going to happen this Sunday. I don't believe that for a second. Who's to say the Jets didn't play a bad game last time....but still won? The Jets ran one back on us...and most here say that's the reason we lost. Well isn't ST's a big part of the game? Anyone willing to bet the Jets won't run one back again? Anyone willing to bet the Jets will NOT win the battle of field possession? The Jets also got a safety. Why did that happen? Bad ST's put us on the goal line. An inconsistent O-line missed a block and allowed a defender to bring down Moore in the endzone.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I love my steelers as much as anyone. But I am not getting the over confidence I've seen on this board. Our opponent just knocked off the Patriots in convincing fashion. Something we have not been able to do in a very long time. They also knocked out the Colts. Our weakness has always been against elite QB's. The Jets seem to match up better with the Packers then we do. But everyone favors us to meet GB in the SB. I agree if you look at strengths and weaknesses we should win this game. But I've been watching Arians long enough to know he will ignore strengths and weaknesses.

We should be trying to run the ball down the Jets throats. Like the Pats tried to do. I have a strong feeling Arians will be putting the ball in Ben's hands and letting him air it out. Just remember when you do that you open your self up to Int's, Sacks, fumbles, and incomplete passes that stop the clock. Arians though always seems to go against traditional thinking on game day.

Prediction: Steelers 16 Jets 13 ..... In OT

Great post. Only differences I would make is giving the coaching edge to the jets (really stepped it up so far in the postseason) and I would give the steelers the edge with the te. Naturally I pick the jets to win, but a similar end result

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
The Jets held the Steelers to 17 points in Week 15, Manning and the Colts to 16 points in the WC round, and then Brady and the Pats to 14 plus a garbage time TD, all on the road. You guys are predicting 30+ points of offense from the Stillers? I don't know...

21-17 Jets. Close game that gets decided in the final minutes.

saveus1011
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
21-17 Steelers. We jump out early and hold off a late rally.

Sorry guys, never disrespect the Towel.

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
The Jets held the Steelers to 17 points in Week 15, Manning and the Colts to 16 points in the WC round, and then Brady and the Pats to 14 plus a garbage time TD, all on the road. You guys are predicting 30+ points of offense from the Stillers? I don't know...

Yeah, and we didn't have Heath Miller. And our back-up Spaeth had like 6 drops. Also, we held your team to 13 points that game, remember ? Oh and that last Pats TD was not garbage time. ALL of your defensive starters were out there. And even if it was unlikely, with 28 seconds left after that last score, the Pats still had a chance...stranger things have happened. So, with Miller back for our offense, and considering our defense held your Jets in December to just 13 Points WITHOUT the leagues Best safety, and now he is back...I think you meant to say....

Steelers 21
Jets 6

Right :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, and we didn't have Heath Miller. And our back-up Spaeth had like 6 drops. Also, we held your team to 13 points that game, remember ? Oh and that last Pats TD was not garbage time. ALL of your defensive starters were out there. And even if it was unlikely, with 28 seconds left after that last score, the Pats still had a chance...stranger things have happened. So, with Miller back for our offense, and considering our defense held your Jets in December to just 13 Points WITHOUT the leagues Best safety, and now he is back...I think you meant to say....

Steelers 21
Jets 6
:

What if this. How about that. Then again this. If so happens outcome is as such. Enough... please.

Heath Miller is at best a top 10 tight end in this league. He's not Jerry Rice and isn't worth 2 TDs, gimme a break. The Pats TD WAS in garbage time. They were down 2 TDs with less than 2 minutes and the jets were playing prevent D with the middle of the field open. If Rex wanted he could have continued to play the defense the Pats were shown for the first 55 minutes but it's not worth the risk when the game's locked up.

Look. Polamalu is a great player, but he is ONE player. Are the Steelers a better team with him? Yes. You guys make it seem like Polamalu will single handedly score 2 TDs and get 6 interceptions. The Jets scored 22 points that game. There is a reason why the Jets have the best special teams in the league. You can't discount that kind of stuff because you think it's a fluke.

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
27-17 Steelers

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
What if this. How about that. Then again this. If so happens outcome is as such. Enough... please.

Heath Miller is at best a top 10 tight end in this league. He's not Jerry Rice and isn't worth 2 TDs, gimme a break. The Pats TD WAS in garbage time. They were down 2 TDs with less than 2 minutes and the jets were playing prevent D with the middle of the field open. If Rex wanted he could have continued to play the defense the Pats were shown for the first 55 minutes but it's not worth the risk when the game's locked up.

Look. Polamalu is a great player, but he is ONE player. Are the Steelers a better team with him? Yes. You guys make it seem like Polamalu will single handedly score 2 TDs and get 6 interceptions. The Jets scored 22 points that game. There is a reason why the Jets have the best special teams in the league. You can't discount that kind of stuff because you think it's a fluke.

When it comes to Red Zone offense, Heath Miller is among the best in the game, and even IF Ben does not throw it to Heath, his being out there draws attention to open up say a Hines Ward, or someone else. Ben and the Steelers easily moved the ball on the Jets from the 20-20 Yd line. Having Heath will make all the difference on offense. And as for Troy,,,maybe you should see how young QB's do against him the very first time they play against him. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to game plan for him using game film, cause Troy lines up different each and every game. Trust me, Sanchez will be one " SCARED " little Boy out there on Sunday!!

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
When it comes to Red Zone offense, Heath Miller is among the best in the game, and even IF Ben does not throw it to Heath, his being out there draws attention to open up say a Hines Ward, or someone else. Ben and the Steelers easily moved the ball on the Jets from the 20-20 Yd line. Having Heath will make all the difference on offense. And as for Troy,,,maybe you should see how young QB's do against him the very first time they play against him. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to game plan for him using game film, cause Troy lines up different each and every game. Trust me, Sanchez will be one " SCARED " little Boy out there on Sunday!!

Sanchez is 4-1 in the playoffs. None of those games were home games. I think he's been through enough that a homosexual? with long hair in the secondary won't scare him too bad.

steelax04
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
3-2 Pitchers duel.

kirklandrules
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM

Basis for my 38 - 10 prediction is that the Steelers had serious redzone issues in and prior to the Dec Jets game and have obviously fixed those problems. How many trips did the Steelers make into the Jets redzone to either get nothing or just a fieldgoal? I'm thinking there are going to be more TDs during those trips.

And the Steelers D is peaking at the right time (this will change field position).

The Colts D ranked 20th in the league and the Pats 25th. Steelers were ranked #2 (this is for total yards). I think the Jets are going to lose and lose by more than a TD. I actually like the Jets and will root for them if they advance, but I just don't see it happening. The great part of being a fan is our opinions are free of charge!

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Sanchez is 4-1 in the playoffs. None of those games were home games. I think he's been through enough that a homosexual? with long hair in the secondary won't scare him too bad.

The JETS are 4-1,,,not Sanchez. His play has been less then average at best. And whom did they beat anyways ? Cincy last year, and Cincy was struggling, don't believe me, check their last few games to end last season, as well as THIS season. Then San Diego,,,do I really need to mention the Chargers playoff record under Norv Turner ? Then this year, Indy was WORSE then you guys. Yes they were at Home, but their pathetic run defense, and the fact that Manning didn't have HIS own personal Fav target in Dallas Clark in that game was the ONLY reason your team squeaked by. As for the Pats, hey, congrats. But you better understand ONE THING. If Chung doesn't try that Idiotic fake punt,,,you guy LOSE that game...Period! They punt there, and it's a 7-3 game. And that's a HUGE difference from 14-3.

So Congrats on getting a win that New England screwed up, and beating 3 other teams that are " Horrible " And even with that, Ole Sanchez still looked average. And this week, he AIN'T playing a AVERAGE team.

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Basis for my 38 - 10 prediction is that the Steelers had serious redzone issues in and prior to the Dec Jets game and have obviously fixed those problems. How many trips did the Steelers make into the Jets redzone to either get nothing or just a fieldgoal? I'm thinking there are going to be more TDs during those trips.

And the Steelers D is peaking at the right time (this will change field position).

The Colts D ranked 20th in the league and the Pats 25th. Steelers were ranked #2 (this is for total yards). I think the Jets are going to lose and lose by more than a TD. I actually like the Jets and will root for them if they advance, but I just don't see it happening. The great part of being a fan is our opinions are free of charge!

The common thread in a lot of these breakdowns regarding the Jets is that the other team 'wasn't on their game'. Manning - had a bad day. Brady - wasn't himself. Jets - get lucky every week.

Granted, there were red zone issues. The jets defense had a lot to do with those red zone issues. It just gets kind of annoying that when the Jets win a game, it's because of 2 things:

1- the other team had a bad game
2- the jets were lucky

Did the jets get a fortunate play or two this season? Absolutely. Are they a fraud? I hope you guys continue to think so, everyone else does.

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
The JETS are 4-1,,,not Sanchez. His play has been less then average at best. And whom did they beat anyways ? Cincy last year, and Cincy was struggling, don't believe me, check their last few games to end last season, as well as THIS season. Then San Diego,,,do I really need to mention the Chargers playoff record under Norv Turner ? Then this year, Indy was WORSE then you guys. Yes they were at Home, but their pathetic run defense, and the fact that Manning didn't have HIS own personal Fav target in Dallas Clark in that game was the ONLY reason your team squeaked by. As for the Pats, hey, congrats. But you better understand ONE THING. If Chung doesn't try that Idiotic fake punt,,,you guy LOSE that game...Period! They punt there, and it's a 7-3 game. And that's a HUGE difference from 14-3.

So Congrats on getting a win that New England screwed up, and beating 3 other teams that are " Horrible " And even with that, Ole Sanchez still looked average. And this week, he AIN'T playing a AVERAGE team.

All I have to do is quote this post to show how simple you are. Do you HONESTLY believe the stuff you write? If you do, I'll gladly explain why you're wrong but if you're messing with me I'm not going to waste my time.

kirklandrules
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
The common thread in a lot of these breakdowns regarding the Jets is that the other team 'wasn't on their game'. Manning - had a bad day. Brady - wasn't himself. Jets - get lucky every week.

Granted, there were red zone issues. The jets defense had a lot to do with those red zone issues. It just gets kind of annoying that when the Jets win a game, it's because of 2 things:

1- the other team had a bad game
2- the jets were lucky

Did the jets get a fortunate play or two this season? Absolutely. Are they a fraud? I hope you guys continue to think so, everyone else does.

I guess you misunderstood my point. It wasn't that the other teams were bad ... but their defenses were bad and a good Steelers D will show the Jets a little different field position. Manning and Brady do not suck ... never stated such, although I do think Manning had a poor year in a bad division (his receiving corp was hosed). And, I don't think the Jets were lucky at all. They showed they are a good team because they went into 2 hostile environments and won. The difference in this game is that the Steelers have already lost to the Jets and therefore, will not take them lightly (as I think the Pats did). They will be well prepared for a battle. Hell, take my prediction with a grain of salt ... the Steelers hardly ever blow anyone out. But I just think the Jets have a letdown this week and the Steelers are peaking. Again, I'm just a fan and my opinion is free! I could be ball-less and tell you it's going to be a close game and come down to a fieldgoal. But why lie on a fan board?

vasteeler
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
48 - 0 STILLERS:tt04::tt02::tt04::tt02:

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
27-13 Steelers. Game will be somewhat close until the end, where Troy takes a Sanchez pick back for 6.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Steelers 34
Jets 13

Sanchez and company 4 turnovers
Combines 225 yards 50 of which on the ground

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Just want to add. The Steelers run D has been phenomenal but a lot of people forget that the Jets rushed for a little over 100 yards in week 15.

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Just want to add. The Steelers run D has been phenomenal but a lot of people forget that the Jets rushed for a little over 100 yards in week 15.

Good luck duplicating that. Won't happen. The Jets had that early lead where they could pound the rock with the Steelers on their heels. Other than that 4th and 1, the Steelers dominated the Jets. With all due respect to the Jets, I just don't think their that great of a team overall, esp matching us for 4 QRTS in the playoffs.

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Good luck duplicating that. Won't happen. The Jets had that early lead where they could pound the rock with the Steelers on their heels. Other than that 4th and 1, the Steelers dominated the Jets. With all due respect to the Jets, I just don't think their that great of a team overall, esp matching us for 4 QRTS in the playoffs.

You guys keep saying stuff like this. There was no domination. That week 15 game was a great game that came down to the final seconds. Enough with the hyperbole and homer chest-thumping. You don't have to think the Jets are good but they did just beat the Colts and Patriots at home. Those Patriots were a consensus SB pick in these playoffs and the Jets made them look like a JV team at Foxboro in January.

The more people discredit the Jets the more passionate they'll play. Keep feeding the fire. I'd love to see more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

stb_steeler
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Thats some what true, but u forget the 2 dropped pass's in the endzone. The score would have been much more!

chitownpit
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
24-21 jets

Break a leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Third Rail
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Steelers 35
Jets 14

BritishSteel
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
20-17 Steelers, in OT.

Sweez kicks us into the Superbowl.

qcurt8
01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Steelers 45-14. I think it will be very close at halftime and the Stillers will turn it on in the 2nd.

chitownpit
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Steelers 28

jets 13
Our secondary gives up a long touchdown on second and
and short. [ imagian that!!] And two drives stop short and result
in field gls. Ben rides miller and ward over the middle as our
speed at wideout takes safties out of the equation. Rashard
keeps defenese honest with 80 very hard earned yards. nothing
over 11 yards. Sancheese lucky if finishes game with his health.

Steelers
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I won't get into score predictions, but I do believe that the Jets played in their Super Bowl last week and will now experience the hangover.

SH-Rock
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
20-17 Steelers, in OT.

Sweez kicks us into the Superbowl.

Well that means we kicked a FG and that was the only score in OT which I doubt.

MACH1
01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I predict the jets will be.....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:w7xsJO4Y9Mi0SM:http://www.gothamist.com/attachments/arts_jen/2007_05_ARTS_BKFISHING.jpg&t=1

Next week.

LukesDad88
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Pittsburgh 31 Jets 17

JETSallDay
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Jets 27
Steelers 13

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Steelers 20 - Jets 13

Turnovers decide it

I agree. That, ST, and field position.

Jackal
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I am feeling confident about this game, but I'm starting to worry that we're being a little overconfident. I hope the team's not feeling the same way, although they're pretty good at staying grounded.

I was so far off on my prediction for the game against Balmer that I'm not even going to offer a serious prediction on this one yet...so...

Steelers- 357
Jets- (-27)

In overtime.

SH-Rock
01-18-2011, 09:01 PM
I am feeling confident about this game, but I'm starting to worry that we're being a little overconfident. I hope the team's not feeling the same way, although they're pretty good at staying grounded.

I was so far off on my prediction for the game against Balmer that I'm not even going to offer a serious prediction on this one yet...so...

Steelers- 357
Jets- (-27)

In overtime.

I'm pretty sure that is impossible to get 357 points we need to get a TD ever 51 seconds.

finesward
01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
24-3 Steelers. Lights out D gives up a FG off a good return but that's all they give em.

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM

you act like you the ONLY team not to give up 100 yard rushers! I mean I been pretty even on mine, not lettin emotion make ridiculous claims of scores like Jets 42-Stallers 10... but dam ya kinda drivin me to goin overboard like you guys are doin.:coffee:

madtowndrunkard
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Great post. Only differences I would make is giving the coaching edge to the jets (really stepped it up so far in the postseason) and I would give the steelers the edge with the te. Naturally I pick the jets to win, but a similar end result

Dude, I seriously tried to be fair on that team comparison of mine. I think Rex is a good coach. I think he's done a fantastic job the last two games. But we have someone on our coaching staff that is a difference maker. His name is Dick Lebeau. He's got rings on his fingers plus many many years of playoff experience. The guy has forgotten more about defenses then Rex even knows. Even Tomlin has a ring. The staff under Tomlin is pretty impressive as well. The only place I see coaching as being even would be offense. Both teams seem to score about the same amount of points. While Arians is usually in over his head when it comes to calling the plays, he to also has SB and playoff experience. So I just can't agree with you in the slightest. The Jets do not have a better coaching staff.

Lets not forget most of our staff has worked many years with another coaching legend Bill Cowher. Whos happen to win a few games in his day. him and Tomlin also made a habit of beating Rex Ryan's defenses before he came to the Jets.

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Dude, I seriously tried to be fair on that team comparison of mine. I think Rex is a good coach. I think he's done a fantastic job the last two games. But we have someone on our coaching staff that is a difference maker. His name is Dick Lebeau. He's got rings on his fingers plus many many years of playoff experience. The guy has forgotten more about defenses then Rex even knows. Even Tomlin has a ring. The staff under Tomlin is pretty impressive as well. The only place I see coaching as being even would be offense. Both teams seem to score about the same amount of points. While Arians is usually in over his head when it comes to calling the plays, he to also has SB and playoff experience. So I just can't agree with you in the slightest. The Jets do not have a better coaching staff.

Lets not forget most of our staff has worked many years with another coaching legend Bill Cowher. Whos happen to win a few games in his day. him and Tomlin also made a habit of beating Rex Ryan's defenses before he came to the Jets.

its not all, but Im seein lotta 30+'s with us not even leavin the locker room it seems

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that is impossible to get 357 points we need to get a TD ever 51 seconds.

You're just a BA hater! He's an offensive genius and can easily orchestrate the offense to quickly and efficiently score the necessary 1 TD per 51 seconds in overtime. He's just been lulling all 31 of the other teams in the NFL into a false sense of security, waiting to strike at the most opportune moment possible. BA's cunning,masterful plan is about to be unleashed on the Jets on Sunday. :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:

:popcorn:

Foreign Alphabet
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM

I'm not trying to knock on the Steelers coaching staff, I like Tomlin a lot, and vastly prefer him to your former head coach.

Dick Lebeau is obviously a great coach, he puts out a great D every year. But Rex is not without a ring himself, and boasts a very similar track record as far as defensive performance. Its not something I would automatically give the jets an edge in coaching over the Steelers, but I made that decision in no small way influenced by the last couple of games by the jets, Schotty has been calling solid offensive games and the defensive plans have bordered on genius.

The real key will be if Schotty can keep our offensive effective against a better D than we have seen the last two weeks.

And always deserving mention, Westhoff is probably the best special teams coach in NFL history

Jetsfan115
01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
i think that we'll use alot of 3-4 WR sets to get some LBers off the field

ricardisimo
01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
20-14, Steelers.

pitt0wns
01-19-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm thinking PIT will win this comfortably.

31-13

sarahpalinhater
01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, here's the take of WFAN's Craig Carton on the game. You think maybe he got a hold of what Tom Brady was sniffing ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/19/craig-carton-lock-it-up-jets-to-shut-out-steelers/

grward
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm surprised no one is considering how the Ref's had a hand in the regular season game. The missed PI call should have been a no-brainer! Com'on man ... he was pulling on the receiver's jersey like he was drowning. If the Ref's continue to make bone-headed calls or non-calls, the score will be closer than what the stats show ... but it won't cost us the game.

Even with this I say tricky Dicky confuses the shit out of Sanchez and Troy makes 2 or 3 Superman plays. He either scores or puts us in great scoring position. Defense played LIGHTS OUT in the Ratbird game. LIGHTS OUT! They will continue this level of play.

Ben is playing at such a high level and you can't argue that. Did you watch the highlights of last week's game where he's rallying his offense on the sidelines when they were down 21-7? No way was that man going to lose that game. Same will happen Sunday and in the Super Bowl, Ben will make sure they come out on top. Ben is a winner. It's what he does.

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm not trying to knock on the Steelers coaching staff, I like Tomlin a lot, and vastly prefer him to your former head coach.

Dick Lebeau is obviously a great coach, he puts out a great D every year. But Rex is not without a ring himself, and boasts a very similar track record as far as defensive performance. Its not something I would automatically give the jets an edge in coaching over the Steelers, but I made that decision in no small way influenced by the last couple of games by the jets, Schotty has been calling solid offensive games and the defensive plans have bordered on genius.

The real key will be if Schotty can keep our offensive effective against a better D than we have seen the last two weeks.

And always deserving mention, Westhoff is probably the best special teams coach in NFL history

I think I give the edge to the Steelers overall. LeBeau is the trump card and has been the best DC in the league for some time now. The Steelers are always solid on D.
In the first matchup, the Jets definately out play called us. That's nothing new for BA. But the Jets had a few very good play calls for big plays in clutch moments. The Sanchez keeper and a drew to LT on 3rd and long come to mind.

I like the Steelers to come around on offense and be great on D again. This offense has been scoring points lately instead of just moving it in between the 20's. I like the Steelers 27-10. 3 score win.

V58
01-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Steelers - 27
Jets 11 (meaningless two-point conversion late)

Jackal
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Yeah, it's also tough to get -27 points. :wink:

sax
01-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Steelers vs Jets

Got to give Steelers 3 points - Home Game
Quarterbacks - plus Steelers
Defence - even .....no plus Steelers ...Dick LeBeau!
The "Tas" wild man Troy - plus Steelers
Window of opportunity...some players on last year or two before retirement.
....could be last Super Bowl chance
"7 Heaven" ....Chance to go to Super Bowl...win number 7

Steelers 27
Jets 23

later,
sax

pete74
01-21-2011, 08:22 AM
FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800 to 1500F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750F)
PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!
☼─╔╗╔╗─╔╗╔╗╗╔═╔═║─╔═╔╗╔╗─☼
☼─║╦║║─╚╗─║─╠═╠═║─╠═║─╚╗─☼
☼─╚╝╚╝─╚╝─║─╚═╚═╚═╚═║─╚╝─☼

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Defense gets a couple of sacks on Sanchez, he throws at least one INT. Big Ben leads a couple of long drives, finished off with a couple of touchdowns, Steelers 27 Jets 17. GO STEELERS!!!

Jetsfan115
01-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm surprised no one is considering how the Ref's had a hand in the regular season game. The missed PI call should have been a no-brainer! Com'on man ... he was pulling on the receiver's jersey like he was drowning. If the Ref's continue to make bone-headed calls or non-calls, the score will be closer than what the stats show ... but it won't cost us the game.

Even with this I say tricky Dicky confuses the shit out of Sanchez and Troy makes 2 or 3 Superman plays. He either scores or puts us in great scoring position. Defense played LIGHTS OUT in the Ratbird game. LIGHTS OUT! They will continue this level of play.

Ben is playing at such a high level and you can't argue that. Did you watch the highlights of last week's game where he's rallying his offense on the sidelines when they were down 21-7? No way was that man going to lose that game. Same will happen Sunday and in the Super Bowl, Ben will make sure they come out on top. Ben is a winner. It's what he does.

It happens. same thing happened to the jets against indy in the playoffs. and there was a no call. But the jets still won

steelerdave1969
01-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Ok everyone lets be totally honest here and lets see how we do. Lets predict both Conference Tittle Games and have some fun

In the NFC I wanna say that the Packers are gonna pull this one out, but the closer to game time it gets for me the More I think this has got Upset Written All Over it.
I'm going against my heart on this one and saying
Bears 20
Packers 17
In the AFC I just honestly think that the Jets are gonna be tired and they have put
alot into their first 2 games vs the Colts and Patriots. I know their defense
will show up and their special teams might have a small advantage over ours, but I know this Steelers defense is gonna be stronger with Troy Polomalu in the
secondary and Heath Miller will help some as well. I look for the Steelers to take
advantage of a tired Jets team and win a slightly not as close
a game as some think
Steelers 27
Jets 17

StainlessStill
01-23-2011, 07:33 AM
My writeup:

N.Y Jets @ Pittsburgh: As soon as the Jets beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in December, I was hoping we'd see this team again. With both teams coming off of huge emotional wins against bitter, personal rivals, this is set to be an in your face, defensive grudge match. Even though the Jets beat the Steelers earlier, they did so without Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller in the lineup, two key veterans that mean a significance amount in their roles. Mark Sanchez is still protected and I think Pittsburgh shuts down their run game and forces Sanchez to beat them, which I don't see happening. He's still a second year player, one that can be viciously confused against a LeBeau, playoff style defense. If the Jets win, I won't even be angry. They will earn it (going through Indy, N.E and Pitt) and I will tip my hat to them. I just don't see that happening. Pittsburgh should punch their ticket to their 8th Super Bowl appearance.

Steelers by 17.
Final score: 27-10.

Green Bay @ Chicago: Two of the NFL's oldest franchise's and fiercest rivalry's is set in a playoff matchup, which is incredible to learn that this is only the 2nd meeting for these two ancient teams in the post-season. Green Bay, acting as a 6th seed travels to Soldier Field to take on a team known for it's punishing defense. Still, Green Bay got a good one of their own and will look to confuse liability Jay Cutler in the process. If it wasn't for the quarterback position, which I give to stud QB Aaron Rodgers, then I'd give CHI the edge, but with Rodgers playing lights out and with Cutler due to have an interception fest, just like I've been saying since the pre-season, I like the Pack in Dallas.

Green Bay by 7.
Final score: 24-17.

HERE WE GO!!!!

Pittsburgh43
01-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Bears 21 Packers 17

STEELERS 24 Jets 13

Here We Go Steelers!!

btaylor179
01-23-2011, 07:38 AM
packers 23-13 steelers 24-13

theplatypus
01-23-2011, 07:41 AM
21-17 Bears

24-13 Steelers!

Diamond-D
01-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Packers 21-17

Steelers 24-14

43Hitman
01-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Bears 13
Packers 7

Steelers 27
Jets 20

ClosetSteelerFan
01-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Packers 31-23

Steelers 17-14

pete74
01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Packers 21-10
Steelers 27-13

vasteeler
01-23-2011, 09:44 AM
packers/bears...eh, whatever

steelers/jets......48-0 steelers:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

pghfrank62
01-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Bears 24-20 Steelers 24-3

steelcityboyz
01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Steelers - 24
Jets- 9

Packers - 21
Bears- 24

SoCalFan
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Steelers 27 jets 9 with 3 field goals...Pack 17 Bears 14....

BritishSteel
01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Steelers 20 Jets 17 (OT)

Bears 27 Packers 21

Heeeeeeeath
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Brett Keisel's beard will unfurl like a gigantic wave from The Perfect Storm and drag Rex Ryan back to the sea where he belongs.

Steelers 20
Jets 16

TRH
01-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Howie Long, Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson all picked Pittsburgh. Only Michael Strahan in that booth picked the Jets

Rick5895
01-23-2011, 03:30 PM
STEELERS 20 JETS 10

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Ed. B. of the P-G

Everyone talks about how the Jets beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Yes, but they also beat the Colts and Patriots defenses, which cannot compare to the one the Steelers put on the field.

Beating the Steelers special teams isnt quite so difficult.:chuckle:

Steelers, 23-10, as long as the Jets do not run a kickoff back and the Steelers do not run that stupid, long-developing play to Mewelde Moore back in their own end zone. The Steelers dominated that game and I see no reason they wont dominate again today.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/107661-ed-and-the-pick-is-----

MattsMe
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Steelers 24-17.

1 int and 1 fumble for Dirty Sanchez.

JCPsteelers
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Steelers 23 Jets 13. I think we pull away late.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-23-2011, 04:20 PM
steelers 24 jets 13