PDA

View Full Version : Bengals fan selling his allegiance on eBay

PhantomJB93
01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
The current leader is to the Steelers at over $500 :popcorn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=140498389819&si=vb%252Be5w9WYoFHxEocHPJ0Nc%252BfgmY%253D&viewitem=

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
lol they should just let the patriots* or dallas have him. I don't want no fair weather fans on our side

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Really? Who's paying this guy $510 for their team? I might start pretending to be a Bengals fan lol

Steelers won. Some Raven fan had it up to 600 something, but he withdrew

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Was reading through some stuff on the internet last night, saw this pop up and could not help but commend this man for making the right choice, leaving the Bengals behind, becoming a full fledged Steeler fan!

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/firstup/2011/01/18/bengals-fan-auctions-allegiance-to-steelers-for-510/

SoCalFan
01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Thats funny.When you click on the link it shows the item has closed,click on the picture of bengal fans at a game and his whole story will pop up...I dont blame the guy,I could not imagine still being a fan of a team that always lets you down.Its FUNNY that a Steeler fan bought him!!!We are so lucky to have a winning organization...

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Thats funny.When you click on the link it shows the item has closed,click on the picture of bengal fans at a game and his whole story will pop up...I dont blame the guy,I could not imagine still being a fan of a team that always lets you down.Its FUNNY that a Steeler fan bought him!!!We are so lucky to have a winning organization...

Haha, yeah, gives you all the details on what being a Bengals fan is like. Me either, I could not spend my time & money on a team & organization that does not care about winning at all, thankfully he woke up & realized that it was time to move onto another team. Yeah! and for 510 dollars no less! Yes we are, we are lucky to have owners who put their heart & soul into this organization & the right coaches, players & front office to guide us.

TailgateMel
01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
This is what he wrote in his auction description.. it is quite comical :drink:

Where do I begin? I'm 28 years old born and raised in the worst NFL City in the history of the league. Cincinnati - home of the Bungals. I have a wife and 2 children, live the normal life own a home work 40 hours a week. I have cheered my whole life for the Bengals, but cannot continue to support an organization that simply doesn't care about winning and is only in this league due to financial reasons. We have the worst owner in the history of sports. His dad was a good man and won some games for the city of Cincinnati. I guess that is a good enough reason to continue to torture a city and a die-hard fan like myself. Well I have come to the conclusion that I will not suffer anymore. I'm looking for bids to become a fan of your city's NFL team. All proceeds will go to my new team's gear (hats, hooded sweatshirts, jersey's), I will not take one penny for my own personal use...strictly apply it to be able to support my new team. I refuse to wake up every sunday morning watch NFL countdown from 11am-1pm and then watch the Bengals lose. Every sunday has almost been ruind for 20+ years. I have had season tickets for the last 6 years and before that haven't missed a game on TV. Even when they are blacked out I continue to find them on the internet and watch the game off a website of some sort. I yell at the screen and for some odd reason think every draft pick that was a question mark, somehow I think they knew something that other teams didn't. I have new hope every year that this is the year, nothing ever changes. Since I've been 6 years old the Bengals have played in 2 - that's right 2 playoff games. Losing both games of course at home. So I have never seen them win a playoff game. Our owner continues to think that he knows how to scout and runs an organization that is stuck in the 80's when the Bengals were actually effective. I will not accept it anymore. I am a die hard sports fan in general. I want to know what it's like to cheer and root on a team in the NFL that isn't the laughing stock of the league. I love the NFL because of the Salary Cap. To me it's what should keep fans of every team thinking that next year will be their year.....but somehow we have spent our money and drafted wrong for the last 20 years. Almost sickening. So I started thinking how can somebody as clueless as Mike Brown just let this team be this bad, then quickly realized how clueless am I to continue to read countless articles, video's, study draft picks and support a team and organization that simply doesn't care? I mean the financial aspect of supporting this team is hard don't get me wrong, but the money doesn't bother me. It's the emotional commitment I give every single year that results into NOTHING! The picture above is of me (one on the right with face painted) when the Bengals won Marvin Lewis (most memorable) game here. It's when the 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs came to town and the Bengals knocked them off. One of the best games of my life and it was a regular season game that meant nothing. It's sad that these type of games should come around for a city more than once in 20 years. So I am asking anyone that reads this from a REAL NFL Team (City) to please consider taking me to become a fan of their team!

What do I bring to the table?

16 Weeks of everything I got on gamedays!

My facebook image will be of my new team for the entire NFL Season

I usually eat BW3's boneless wings and potato wedges every sunday before my team starts

I will yell at the TV on average 5-10 times a game (# subject to lower due to your team HAS to be better than the Bengals)

I usually stand up on 3rd downs (if my team gets it's followed by a fist pump, if my team doesn't get it I usually punch the throw pillow)

If any play for our team is breaking a long run or pass I continue to yell at the screen (go, go, go - usually followed by a few claps)

I will study our draft picks for at least 2 months after the draft so I can pretty much defend them no matter what kind of fan I talk too

I will promise that everyone else in our division is terrible, unless defending our schedule to outside conference fans

I watch every single press conference for new free agents, draft picks and any changes inside the organization

I will comment on multiple websites and blogs defending our team and talking trash about others

I have 2 children (4 years old and 20 months old) they can be converted as well, so this deal could actually include 3 fans for price of 1

I have the NFL Ticket so I will be able to view all games played by our team

I have NFL Network as well, so when I'm not watching our team - I'll be studying our next game

I am the proud owner of 4 fantasy football teams and will do everything in my power to get one of our studs in the first 3 rounds!

I watch the 1pm, 4pm, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football games so I will know exactly how we stack up, our potential playoff situation and or draft order

When there is a pentalty and the ref says the # I will know exactly who that is before the announcers say their name

If our team comes to Cincinnati I will make sure I'm at the game

I own a man cave and there is a great chance that there will be a sign hanging that says "Welcome to ________ Country"

Anyways - you get the idea. I'm dying to root for any team that gives me a fair chance to compete in the National Football League. The bidding is starting @ $19.95 because it's mandatory that I at least have a hat to support my new team. If you are willing to bid for my fan services please send me a message so I can post what team is curently winning. Currently the Cincinnati Bengals are winning - Please resuce me!

I'll be the fan that you want cheering on your organization!

Please share this with any organization or fans that actually care about winning!

No need to apply: Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Bengals - because you have also proven you could care less about winning.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
This is what he wrote in his auction description.. it is quite comical :drink:

Yes it is! and I love how he gives 18 reasons on what he brings to the table for his new team. He has some very good points, especially this one "I have 2 children (4 years old and 20 months old) they can be converted as well, so this deal could actually include 3 fans for price of 1" Can't beat that price! :chuckle:

stb_steeler
01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
I find this article disturbing, im sorry but a Steeler fan isnt bought. You either have it in you or you dont. I know for myself and many many others we bleed Black N Gold we didnt pay for it. What if this guy had been bought off by another team other than a Steeler fan?.....C'mon man!!! Maybe he'll be a true Steeler fan, maybe not...Going about it this way seems to me that he's lookin to be a fan anywhere as long as some one got the higher bid. The story would have seemed to have more heart if he just converted with out all the nonsence. To most of us it would appear to have bandwagon written all over it!

Stu Pidasso
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
What would have happened if a Browns fan won the auction?

SoCalFan
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
I agree with you stb...But,him leaving the bungles is O.K.just dont know if it could automatically be in his heart to be a Steeler,especially after hating us for so many years!

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I find this article disturbing, im sorry but a Steeler fan isnt bought. You either have it in you or you dont. I know for myself and many many others we bleed Black N Gold we didnt pay for it. What if this guy had been bought off by another team other than a Steeler fan?.....C'mon man!!! Maybe he'll be a true Steeler fan, maybe not...Going about it this way seems to me that he's lookin to be a fan anywhere as long as some one got the higher bid. The story would have seemed to have more heart if he just converted with out all the nonsence. To most of us it would appear to have bandwagon written all over it!

Yeah, had he just quietly went along going from a Bengals fan to a Steelers fan, their would be more validity to this story, plus if this guy is a real Steelers fan, he would shell out his own money to buy his Steeler hat, jersey, sweatshirts etc, not let someone else pay it!

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:44 AM
What would have happened if a Browns fan won the auction?

I guess he would be standing in line right now, about to buy himself a Colt McCoy jersey :chuckle:

1st&Goal
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
It should also be made clear to this tainted Steeler fan wannabe, that he must also run the steps at Heinz field, genuflect in front of the trophy case, and recite 5 Tom Gaydy is a fags, before his conversion can be considered as authentic.

Perhaps then his attempt at conversion will be granted.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
It should also be made clear to this tainted Steeler fan wannabe, that he must also run the steps at Heinz field, genuflect in front of the trophy case, and recite 5 Tom Gaydy is a fags, before his conversion can be considered as authentic.

Perhaps then his attempt at conversion will be granted.

Maybe even a ceremony where he has to burn all of his Bengals gear one by one might be included in the process?

1st&Goal
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Maybe even a ceremony where he has to burn all of his Bengals gear one by one might be included in the process?

....And wave a Terrible Towel while walking on the hot ashes. :tt:

lionslicer
01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
This was posted in the NFL forum like a couple days ago while it was happening on ebay. He made like $510... great way to make money. :thumbsup:

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
....And wave a Terrible Towel while walking on the hot ashes. :tt:

Yes, and if he doesn't make it to the other side, we will send him to be a Carolina Panthers fan.

Pentheon
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
haha please tell me the steelers fan who won didnt really pay for that auction.

SeinfeldNut
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
haha please tell me the steelers fan who won didnt really pay for that auction.

I think that Steeler fan did, all $510 dollars :chuckle:

MDSteel15
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
suicide :doh:

stb_steeler
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
This was posted in the NFL forum like a couple days ago while it was happening on ebay. He made like $510... great way to make money. :thumbsup:

You'd have to be pretty stupid or got lots of money to burn to waste on something like this....maybe its tax deductable......:rofl:

lionslicer
01-21-2011, 04:45 PM
You'd have to be pretty stupid or got lots of money to burn to waste on something like this....maybe its tax deductable......:rofl:

People sell their souls or other things on ebay that have no real value and get hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars all the time. There are just weird rich people out there that buy them