PDA

View Full Version : Jets fan here: question for Steelers fans

njjetfan12
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi all, first of all I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm really excited for this weekend's game, although I REALLY hope that this game will be different from the last time the Jets played in Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Pretty much every Jet fan has nothing but respect for the Steelers, and we all expect a good game.

My question for you fans is this: how would you, as a Steeler fan, recommend attacking the Steelers defense?

I've watched a lot of Steelers games this year, and it seems like the only team with a lot of success against Pitt was the Patriots, and their TEs had a field day. The announcers were talking about Polumalu's tendency to gamble on pass routes, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I have a feeling the Jets will struggle to run the ball, and Ike Taylor will effectively cover either Braylon or Santonio, and Timmons will probably cover Keller.

So, my question is this: If you were the Jets OC, what would you do to try an score points against the Steelers. Assuming the Jets OL can do its job in pass protection, (like it did last time they played) how can the Jets move the ball and score points?

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
you can't be axin me no questions

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi all, first of all I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm really excited for this weekend's game, although I REALLY hope that this game will be different from the last time the Jets played in Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Pretty much every Jet fan has nothing but respect for the Steelers, and we all expect a good game.

My question for you fans is this: how would you, as a Steeler fan, recommend attacking the Steelers defense?

I've watched a lot of Steelers games this year, and it seems like the only team with a lot of success against Pitt was the Patriots, and their TEs had a field day. The announcers were talking about Polumalu's tendency to gamble on pass routes, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I have a feeling the Jets will struggle to run the ball, and Ike Taylor will effectively cover either Braylon or Santonio, and Timmons will probably cover Keller.

So, my question is this: If you were the Jets OC, what would you do to try an score points against the Steelers. Assuming the Jets OL can do its job in pass protection, (like it did last time they played) how can the Jets move the ball and score points?

Nice try Schottenheimer !:coffee:

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 10:24 PM
He would need to bury his head in the sand and hope that the Jet's STs and defense can score some points. The Steelers defense is going to shut the Jet's soso offense completely down. Bank on it.

MasterOfPuppets
their TEs had a field day

there's the answer...TE's in the middle of the field,

SH-Rock
Well I don't know how you will beat the defense. The Patriots didn't necessarily beat us, it was because we never rushed Brady a lot is that he had time and he just destroyed us. It would have to come down to ST and Defense for you guys. Can you get in good field position and can you stop our drives.

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Steelers defenses weakness is the sidelines and come back routes. Steelers cornerbacks play so off, recievers can run 5 yards, and stop, and catch the ball. Easy gain.

Tightends can attack the middle of the field with success but the defense has so many different looks, its very hard to tell what the coverage will look like.

Having 2 reciever routes cross each other, steeler defensive backs have always gotten beaten by this because of how far they play off, they tend to bump into one another.

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Steelers defenses weakness is the sidelines and come back routes. Steelers cornerbacks play so off, recievers can run 5 yards, and stop, and catch the ball. Easy gain.

Tightends can attack the middle of the field with success but the defense has so many different looks, its very hard to tell what the coverage will look like.

Having 2 reciever routes cross each other, steeler defensive backs have always gotten beaten by this because of how far they play off, they tend to bump into one another.

Everything you are saying is exactly what the Raven fans said to us. They too are also short yardage WR's, and crossing and slant WR's. And they said Todd Heap would kill us going over the middle against us...Ah...how exactly did that turn out ?

Yeah, I thought so

FanSince72
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Anything short of a squadron of F-18's would pretty much be a waste of time.

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Well I don't know how you will beat the defense. The Patriots didn't necessarily beat us, it was because we never rushed Brady a lot is that he had time and he just destroyed us. It would have to come down to ST and Defense for you guys. Can you get in good field position and can you stop our drives.

I'm sure the jets have little problem with it coming down to defense and special teams.

The Jets offense is very balanced, and the keys for them vary very little no matter what defense they are up against. It will all be about the Jets ability to establish some sort of running game, and Sanchez getting comfortable.

lionslicer
01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Everything you are saying is exactly what the Raven fans said to us. They too are also short yardage WR's, and crossing and slant WR's. And they said Todd Heap would kill us going over the middle against us...Ah...how exactly did that turn out ?

Yeah, I thought so

Tight ends can have a good game against the defense, but I said before the Ravens game, to make sure that doesn't happen, either Harrison or Woodley would bump him at the line, then at the next level, Farrior, Timmons or Troy would give him a smack before going into their zone. Todd did have some good catches and that touchdown catch. He also had drops and overthrows from Flacco.

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM

:sofunny: :applaudit:

njjetfan12
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM

Thanks! Granted, I don't expect the Jets offense to do too much, but I expect the JEts to go with a lot of slants to Edwards, and hopefully try and get Keller mmore heavily involved. We'll see if that ends up working.

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm sure the jets have little problem with it coming down to defense and special teams.

The Jets offense is very balanced, and the keys for them vary very little no matter what defense they are up against. It will all be about the Jets ability to establish some sort of running game, and Sanchez getting comfortable.

That maybe so, but our defense is hot right now. And it also comes down to how well Sanchez can play.

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Establish a running game !!!! Hilarious. You do realize this was the 5th ranked running defense in the history of the NFL? They have shut down Tomlinson repeatedly over the past 4 or 5 years. That will not change this weekend. Sanchez getting comfortable. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA once more. There will be no comfortable going on with Sanchez this weekend. Your only chance is your STs and possibly your defense. Your offense will be shut down cold.

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 10:58 PM
That maybe so, but our defense is hot right now. And it also comes down to how well Sanchez can play.

Yep, always seems to. And it mainly seems to come down to him being comfortable. Notice in the Colts game it seemed he started out a bit nervous, overthrowing receivers all over and then throwing a pick at the end of the half. Our defense managed to keep it close though, and Sanchez settled down a bit in the second half and made some plays.

In the last game against the pats he seemed decent at the beginning, and got better as the game progressed, largely in part due to his protection.

Like you said, the steeler defense is hot right now, and I am not at all confident that Sanchez can do it himself. The jets running game is going to be essential

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Establish a running game !!!! Hilarious. You do realize this was the 5th ranked running defense in the history of the NFL? They have shut down Tomlinson repeatedly over the past 4 or 5 years. That will not change this weekend. Sanchez getting comfortable. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA once more. There will be no comfortable going on with Sanchez this weekend. Your only chance is your STs and possibly your defense. Your offense will be shut down cold.

They didn't exactly shut down the Jet offense last time. The Jets run the ball enough to achieve some success against all of the tough defenses they have played. I'm not saying its easy, the steelers have a great d, but its very doable

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Take Heart Jet fans! I hear SHE is a HUGE Rex Ryan fan, and Jets fan, and Rex just LOVES Her :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUXtb1uQ8Q

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2011, 11:13 PM
They didn't exactly shut down the Jet offense last time. The Jets run the ball enough to achieve some success against all of the tough defenses they have played. I'm not saying its easy, the steelers have a great d, but its very doable

It's good to have confidence in your team. I guarantee you that running game will be shut down cold. I will take the Steelers any day of the week over a Sanchez passing game. If you think Tomlinson can run on the Steelers you got another think coming.

Sixburgher
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM

The Jets offense accounted for thirteen points the last time around. Special teams and defense scored the other nine. The Jets offense didn't exactly light it up.

wootawnee
01-17-2011, 11:28 PM
This board is full of Jets fans trolling.....Do you guys Troll other teams boards?.....I mean, why would you go and want to talk to the other teams fans?........I never got that.......

VegasStlrFan
01-17-2011, 11:30 PM
You may want to start by seeing if Brady or Manning is up for playing this weekend, cause Sanchez ain't gonna get it done

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 11:35 PM
The Jets offense accounted for thirteen points the last time around. Special teams and defense scored the other nine. The Jets offense didn't exactly light it up.

True, and I don't expect them to. The Jets have not been able to win games that way

njjetfan12
01-17-2011, 11:37 PM
This board is full of Jets fans trolling.....Do you guys Troll other teams boards?.....I mean, why would you go and want to talk to the other teams fans?........I never got that.......

I didn't think I was trolling, unless we have different definitions. And if the Jets are playing a team you're less familiar with, particularly in a really big game, what would be a better way to get info than from a message board? As for the last part, it gets boring hearing the same things from Jets fans over and over. I wanted to hear what Steelers fans thought.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 11:44 PM
I honestly think the best way to beat the Steelers D is to spread them out and beat them in the 3rd down battle. If the Steelers defense is on the field for too long, then they gradually get exposed and the wear and tear will show if our packages, esp the blitz, if takin advantage of. Points must be scored. Our D is one of THEE best at clamping down in the redzone so kicking 3 on us is a WIN for our defense.

Problem is, is that the Jets are a between the tackles; protect the 2nd year QB offense. You have the receivers to maybe stretch the field, but the Steelers rarely get beat on the deep ball and the Jets wideouts are too physical and big to beat us in open space. Even if you did, you don't have the QB to get it to them so I think the best way for the Jets to beat the Steelers D is to clock control the game and move the chains, esp on 3rd downs. You just don't have the personal to spread us out and we will plug up your running lanes.

This could be a classic game to where we make you one dimensional.

StainlessStill
01-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I didn't think I was trolling, unless we have different definitions. And if the Jets are playing a team you're less familiar with, particularly in a really big game, what would be a better way to get info than from a message board? As for the last part, it gets boring hearing the same things from Jets fans over and over. I wanted to hear what Steelers fans thought.

Don't listen to that guy. This is a beautiful thing right now. As long as there are no flame wars, I'm all about respectful smack talk and dedicated football talk. This is for the marbles, you're welcome here. I always enjoyed going on other boards as well, it's good to talk a good talk , gives us more freedom to explore conversation other than talking with your fanbase about the same perspective.

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM

whew...then we are covered! Cause we have A-10s B-2s F-18s & a few apache's for good measure :ak47::rocket::m16:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_4_105.gif

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I didn't think I was trolling, unless we have different definitions. And if the Jets are playing a team you're less familiar with, particularly in a really big game, what would be a better way to get info than from a message board? As for the last part, it gets boring hearing the same things from Jets fans over and over. I wanted to hear what Steelers fans thought.dont sweat it.

i particularly enjoy the respectful discourse, but then again that is just my opinion and i dont really matter.

oh wait. im a mod now. so i guess my opinion DOES matter! :applaudit:

carry on.

FWIW a patriots fan who stopped by last week was pretty much told to **** off and eat a dick. :chuckle:

i guess you can expect a bit of that when you go to opponents teams boards, but for the most part we have always been welcoming to other teams fans dropping by for some convo and recon work.

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 12:25 AM
whew...then we are covered! Cause we have A-10s B-2s F-18s & a few apache's for good measure :ak47::rocket::m16:

Yeah but if you don't know how to fly any of them then what good does it do you?

Steeldude
01-18-2011, 12:27 AM
how would you, as a Steeler fan, recommend attacking the Steelers defense?

short, quick passes all day and throw over the middle too. the steelers DBs lineup 8 to 10 yards off the ball. in the red zone use the TE in the passing game. the steelers seem to forget that TEs are eligible receivers.

attack woodley's side when you want to run. he is slow and doesn't contain well. his pass coverage isn't that great either.

double harrison. a TE should be enough to take care of woodley

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 12:30 AM
short, quick passes all day and throw over the middle too. the steelers DBs lineup 8 to 10 yards off the ball. in the red zone use the TE in the passing game. the steelers seem to forget that TEs are eligible receivers.

attack woodley's side when you want to run. he is slow and doesn't contain well. his pass coverage isn't that great either.

If you double Harrison and put a T.E on Woodley, then uh... who accounts for a blitzin raging bull that is Lawrence Timmons?:toofunny: I hope that actually happens!

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 12:33 AM

When they're not here they're at Hunt's Point chatting up the crack ho's.

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah but if you don't know how to fly any of them then what good does it do you?

oh...I think we got this...we are the JETS for a reason

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_4_105.gif
http://www.myemoticons.com/images/patriotic-military/firepower/plane-3.gif

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 12:45 AM
You may want to start by seeing if Brady or Manning is up for playing this weekend, cause Sanchez ain't gonna get it done

lol, no...neither of them will be playin the rest of this season. the JETS took care of that. On to the next one...

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 12:47 AM

actually...the idea was some good chatter, be able to shoot the shit with the enemy in a respectful banter as we ALL show our pride in our teams accomplishment. :drink:

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 12:48 AM
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2010/Jul/Week4/15670213.jpg

Wallace108
01-18-2011, 12:57 AM

From what I've seen, most of the Jets fans who have come here in the past day have been cool. We have longtime members here who are fans of other teams. It's one thing if you're just being a troll. But what's wrong with engaging in discussions and even some friendly banter with the opposition? :noidea:

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 01:01 AM
http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dirtysanchez.jpg

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 01:16 AM
From what I've seen, most of the Jets fans who have come here in the past day have been cool. We have longtime members here who are fans of other teams. It's one thing if you're just being a troll. But what's wrong with engaging in discussions and even some friendly banter with the opposition? :noidea:

Exactly! These guys have been waaaaay more respectful than most of the Ravens trolls that popped in the last week or so (exception being bdraven). There's nothing at all wrong with friendly banter and discussions on why they think their team can beat us and vice versa.

That being said....

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/billnbaghdad/fail/epic_fail.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/kb7rky/failplane9.jpg

http://www.slipstersblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/38-planehudson.jpg

http://www.failking.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/plane-fail.jpg

http://blogs.netapp.com/exposed/WindowsLiveWriter/fail4(plane)_thumb.jpg

... you're goin' down faster than Tom Brady on a Chippendale dancer! :flap:

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Exactly! These guys have been waaaaay more respectful than most of the Ravens trolls that popped in the last week or so (exception being bdraven). There's nothing at all wrong with friendly banter and discussions on why they think their team can beat us and vice versa.

That being said....

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s347/billnbaghdad/fail/epic_fail.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/kb7rky/failplane9.jpg

http://www.slipstersblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/38-planehudson.jpg

http://www.failking.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/plane-fail.jpg

http://blogs.netapp.com/exposed/WindowsLiveWriter/fail4(plane)_thumb.jpg

... you're goin' down faster than Tom Brady on a Chippendale dancer! :flap:

I WAAS scared...but after seeing those planes...none were fighters or choppers =)

(but a good one none the less unfortunately...there really isnt anything funny we can do with your logo or name...except maybe calling you the stallers...which again...not exactly that great a comeback)

Wallace108
01-18-2011, 01:42 AM
there really isnt anything funny we can do with your logo or name...
Living in Northeast Ohio, I can tell you plenty I've heard from Browns fans over the years. But I'm not going to. :flap:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2946/homersimpsondonut.jpg

dcbng
01-18-2011, 02:20 AM
As for DB's giving a lot of space, that has changed a lot.

The Steelers have been playing Ike up on WR's, mostly inside press, with Troy playing center field over the top.

Gay played about 5 yards off the line, not his usual 10 -12 yards. There is a lot of rotation with Clark(see his pick against Flacco).

Boldin and doushman were out of the game because of this rotation(and the fact that they could not stop the ball from hitting them in the numbers).

Last game Troy did not play, this time he is, Last time Ziggy only had one game as a starter, this time he is well versed in the Steelers fire zone attack.

I see Revis lining up on Wallace, just because he has to. Cromarti will take Hines on the plays that Hines is not
looking to take Scotts head off(will Bart duck Hines like he did in baLtimre?).

Brick is gonna have his hands full of Harrison, should make for a great one on one matchup.

Mangold will have Big Snack in his face, and will have Timmons in his A gap.

The Steelers will have to stop Ellis, he is still a beast.

Now that Sanders and Brown have come out of their shell, the Steelers have become killer is the spread offense.

The Steelers will still play to shut down LT and Greene, Something the pats could not do. Greene and LT combined for 120 rush yards, the Steelers gave up 125 total yards to the rats, and are the top rushing defense, that has just gotten better the past three games(granted two were against skunks). I do not see LT and Greene getting more than 75 yards combined.

The Steelers beat the jets in every statistic except the one that counted. That was a game that the Steelers beat themselves more than the jets.

It will be a cold ride back to NYC.

Steelers 27 Jets 13

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 02:36 AM
hmmm, well then, we didnt Jim Leonard (still dont) but the key there...Smitty was not ready to be the D's QB. NOW he has a few games under belt, so lets not get too full of ourselves about who wasnt there in our last meeting. Most games come down to who made less mistakes (IE didnt beat themselves)

Revis & cro will be switching on wallace. Revis with technique WILL keep em in line & the lanky fast Cro will get in to mix it up. Lets face it, there are no definitive "huge gap" when you compare position for position. Similar play style...its shadow boxin & who makes the fewest mistakes. (& takes advantage of the plays that ARE there)

It WILL be a COLD ride back to NY...its winter after all! but the mood will be jovial with our next game 2 weeks later. So your probowlers can hit Hawaii, the JETS...will be hittin DALLAS!

Jets21 Steelers 17

JackHammer
01-18-2011, 04:26 AM
hmmm, well then, we didnt Jim Leonard (still dont) but the key there...Smitty was not ready to be the D's QB. NOW he has a few games under belt, so lets not get too full of ourselves about who wasnt there in our last meeting.

Nuthin against your boy Smitty, but a young player settling into his position doesn't have nearly the same impact as having Troy Polamalu back does. We're talking about one of the biggest X-factors that this game has ever seen, returning to a defense that has already held the Jets O to 13 points in their first meeting. You better hope your D and Special Teams can produce points for you again this week, because it's gonna be tough sleddin for your O. I really wanna see what happens when we shut down the run and the game gets put on Sanchez' arm in his first ever match-up against Polamalu..................

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I WAAS scared...but after seeing those planes...none were fighters or choppers =)

(but a good one none the less unfortunately...there really isnt anything funny we can do with your logo or name...except maybe calling you the stallers...which again...not exactly that great a comeback)

OK, here you go!

http://alienspacecentereast.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/canadian-fighter-jet-cf-18-crashes.jpg?w=300&h=228

At least you have a sense of humor. If I did that to one of the many Ravens trolls that came here, they would have started screaming gutturally and throwing their own feces around the room. :sofunny:

Stallers, hmmmm? At least you're not going with the lame and overused "Squealers". I'll give you points for originality. :chuckle:

Seriously, it's going to be a smash-mouth, defensive-minded game that will probably come down to the wire. Exciting, hard hitting football the way the game should be played. Not that dress-wearing, pansy-ass flag football that Goodell, Brady and Manning seem to want to institute. Here's to a classic! :drink:

SteelWolf62
01-18-2011, 08:16 AM

I would say that short quick throws like Brady did "might" work. But if the D gets some pressure on Sanchez where he becomes Brady like with the happy feet (in the divisional game), it could be a long day for the Jets offense.

Oh and I'm going with the F-22 Raptor squadron.

zsheik22
01-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks! Granted, I don't expect the Jets offense to do too much, but I expect the JEts to go with a lot of slants to Edwards, and hopefully try and get Keller mmore heavily involved. We'll see if that ends up working.

Would work great. But It's going to be a sad sad day if Clark catches someone going for a ball and he has a good run at them.

SteelWolf62
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't listen to that guy. This is a beautiful thing right now. As long as there are no flame wars, I'm all about respectful smack talk and dedicated football talk. This is for the marbles, you're welcome here. I always enjoyed going on other boards as well, it's good to talk a good talk , gives us more freedom to explore conversation other than talking with your fanbase about the same perspective.

What he said.

I usually just read the posts but when someone from another team comes on and asked a legit football question I like to see what everyone's perspective is and usually disregard the trash talking.

1st&Goal
01-18-2011, 08:47 AM
For what it's worth, which ain't shit, I'm really enjoying this discussion between our well spoken Jets fans guests, and our enlightened, knowledgeable Steeler fans. Interesting and fun discussion. How refreshing! Please, keep it up.

:popcorn:

ZoneBlitzer
01-18-2011, 09:06 AM

Wait till the off-season, and will give you Timmons for a 7th round pick.

winningisnewtome
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
damn, unfortunately i can't get any funny pictures depicting the steelers like with the downed airplanes. jets is a little easier lol

best i can come up with is this:

http://files.sharenator.com/3258363259_46d94ed9dc_STEELERS_SUCK_BALLS-s500x316-16124-580.jpg

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
damn, unfortunately i can't get any funny pictures depicting the steelers like with the downed airplanes. jets is a little easier lol

best i can come up with is this:

http://files.sharenator.com/3258363259_46d94ed9dc_STEELERS_SUCK_BALLS-s500x316-16124-580.jpg

Nah! We're pretty good at that too when it matters most! :wink02:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/02/02/amd_roethlisberger-trophy.jpg

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh4MeD6vnkf9xO-w_k9Er7RMknhcw6Onl6k_lxQ9TJAXlm4X4upw

looked pretty good =P

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBLP2FPahqpRhzx2rjDN95XdwprfChU cU4CjR3uUrC_ypaXqo4

was pretty funny to

njjetfan12
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
I would say that short quick throws like Brady did "might" work. But if the D gets some pressure on Sanchez where he becomes Brady like with the happy feet (in the divisional game), it could be a long day for the Jets offense.

Oh and I'm going with the F-22 Raptor squadron.

I agree with this. Sanchez is one of the biggest "rhythm" passers I've ever seen. If he gets in a groove, he's quite good, but if he is out of his comfort zone he's absolutely painful to watch. I expect the first few series to be designed to get Sanchez in the flow of the game.

njjetfan12
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM

Really? I've always assumed that Woodley is an awesome pass rusher, and a lot of Jets fans want our team to try to sign Woodley as a FA this offseason (I doubt that happens). So are you saying a lot of his productivity is a result of playing opposite Harrison?

steelers33
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Pretty much with your style of offense, it is going to come down to you beating our front 7, which is the best in the football. Then again the Jets do have a solid offensive line, so this should be a good battle. I don't know, but you could make a case for every single player on our front seven is pro bowl worthy, while Ike got snubbed and Troy is the best defensive player is football. Add on top of that solid play from Clark and Gay, with McFadd coming back, it will be a challenge for the Jets to move the ball. And on top of that you add explosive offensive players like Roth, Mendy, Brown, Sanders, Wallace, and Miller with always reliable Hines, the Steelers should win this game.

winningisnewtome
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
didn't we rush for 100+ yards last time we met?

stb_steeler
01-18-2011, 10:13 AM

lol....attack woodley.....yup that should do it!

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
lol....attack woodley.....yup that should do it!

With just a TE nonetheless. :sofunny:

Please just put a TE on Woodley, Rex, pretty please!

wootawnee
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
My mentality is, how many players call up the opposition coming in to bullshit?......
I live the way the team does.......That's just me, so I don't dig the cross talk, cause there is some kind of underlying gaga that just stinks to me........Just my 2cents.......

thumper
01-18-2011, 11:25 AM

But, the Jets blitzed the crap out of the Pats the last regular
season game and Brady torched them. This game, they only
rushed 3 and covered all the receivers and that plan worked.
I think you don't blitz Brady, because he knows exactly where
to torch you when you do. And, yes, Brady __ did __ beat us.
How else can you say otherwise?

It's silly to claim he didn't beat us because we didn't get pressure
on him. That's like saying we didn't really beat the Ravens because
they didn't get enough pressure on Ben. That's stupid.

The way you beat Pgh is throwing on them. Don't waste downs on
runs up the middle, except to keep them honest, but only once in
a while. Every team that has beat this D, even going back to the
pre-Tomlin days, threw the ball a lot. It is the answer. Period. And
the Jets have the talent at WR and TE to get it done. It seems now
that we are in the post season, those Jet WRs are showing off
their talent and stopped dropping passes. And that is dangerous.
Edwards and Holmes are high first round picks for a reason. Both
have dropped too many passes, but they are more focused in the
play offs.

Hopefully, we get pressure on Dirty S. I don't want those WRs running
wild or they can win.

Steeldude
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
If you double Harrison and put a T.E on Woodley, then uh... who accounts for a blitzin raging bull that is Lawrence Timmons?:toofunny: I hope that actually happens!

if it's that easy for timmons to get a sack then why hasn't it happened when harrison is doubled?

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 12:16 PM
if it's that easy for timmons to get a sack then why hasn't it happened when harrison is doubled?

It seems as if Timmons is used more as a rover than anything and is used in multiple positions due to his athletic ability and freak speed. If they want to double Harrison, then I'm sure they will call 94's number more, either that or call some corner blitzes like Willie Gay or Ike. Would be MONEY if they want to double team our edge or a stunt. Our front is unblock-able on their A game.

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM
My question for you fans is this: how would you, as a Steeler fan, recommend attacking the Steelers defense??

You should take on Knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down then PUNT.

There you go.