PDA

View Full Version : Jets pass defense vs Steelers

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Okay fans. A Jets fan was here earlier, and when we were pointing out things that we have done better, he quickly pointed out that...this is the PLAYOFFS now. And it's a whole different " Animal " Okay fine, lets accept that. But if that is true, lets look at the passing defense as of right now!....as in playoff stats.

Here are some links...see where the Jets vaunted pass defense and ours rank.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Above is yards allowed per game..where is Pittsburgh, where are the Jets ?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=POST&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

Here is opponents pass completion percentage...where are the Steelers,,,where are the Jets ?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=POST&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

And here is an Important stat...Yards per attempt average. Where are the Steelers,,,and where are the Jets ?

Okay Jet fans, so again, tell us how much better your pass defense is then
ours ? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

43Hitman
01-17-2011, 10:56 PM
B B B But Revis!

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 10:59 PM
You got to remember who the Jets have faced and who we faced. They have faced two future Hall of Famers and we have faced mid tier Joe.

tony hipchest
01-17-2011, 10:59 PM
bu..bu.. but they have the best #1 and #2 cb in the league-

Revis and Butthead da Baby Maker :chuckle:

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
You got to remember who the Jets have faced and who we faced. They have faced two future Hall of Famers and we have faced mid tier Joe.

Okay, and what exactly did that VAUNTED Jet pass defense do when they faced the SAME Joe Flacco at their stadium on opening night ?

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Okay, and what exactly did that VAUNTED Jet pass defense do when they faced the SAME Joe Flacco at their stadium on opening night ?

Shut him down? They scored ten points.

As i'm sure we are all aware, the jets pass d relies heavily on pressuring the qb. From what I understand, the steeler o-line is somewhat weak this year relative to other years, and the jets have been getting some good pressure the last couple weeks

sarahpalinhater
01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Shut him down? They scored ten points.

As i'm sure we are all aware, the jets pass d relies heavily on pressuring the qb. From what I understand, the steeler o-line is somewhat weak this year relative to other years, and the jets have been getting some good pressure the last couple weeks

The Ravens don't have our talent. Just how many yards did Flacco put up against you ? Oh and BTW...Who again WON that game ?...I thought so :wave:

SH-Rock
01-17-2011, 11:18 PM

Dude how many months ago was that? A team can surely change from then to now.

Fire Arians
01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
bu..bu.. but they have the best #1 and #2 cb in the league-

Revis and Butthead da Baby Maker :chuckle:

643NT8XkshE

huhuhhuuh, he said revis eheheheh

SteelCityMom
01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
643NT8XkshE

huhuhhuuh, he said revis eheheheh

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Foreign Alphabet
01-17-2011, 11:33 PM
The Ravens don't have our talent. Just how many yards did Flacco put up against you ? Oh and BTW...Who again WON that game ?...I thought so :wave:

Flacco put up very pedestrian numbers. And you were not comparing your offense to baltimores offense. You were comparing the jets defense to the steelers defense. Thats why I refuted your incorrect reference to performing vs. Flacco

I have great confidence in both Revis and Cromartie, but our pass defense is arguably our weak spot on D. The Steelers is probably better overall

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Okay fans. A Jets fan was here earlier, and when we were pointing out things that we have done better, he quickly pointed out that...this is the PLAYOFFS now. And it's a whole different " Animal " Okay fine, lets accept that. But if that is true, lets look at the passing defense as of right now!....as in playoff stats.

Here are some links...see where the Jets vaunted pass defense and ours rank.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=POST&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Above is yards allowed per game..where is Pittsburgh, where are the Jets ?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=POST&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

Here is opponents pass completion percentage...where are the Steelers,,,where are the Jets ?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=POST&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

And here is an Important stat...Yards per attempt average. Where are the Steelers,,,and where are the Jets ?

Okay Jet fans, so again, tell us how much better your pass defense is then
ours ? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

are you serious? you took the playoff stats only? where we faced brady and manning and you only had 1 game against flacco? how about taking the regular season?

Jets are 6th and steelers 12th (in yards)
Jets are #1 Steelers are 16 (in completion %)

Don't be that naive. I've never said you guys didn't have a great defense, i just said that ryan will gameplan around what ben does and he is gonna get flustered

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 09:08 AM
I've never said you guys didn't have a great defense, i just said that ryan will gameplan around what ben does and he is gonna get flustered

Now that is a ridiculous statement right there. Ben NEVER gets flustered. He has been in high pressure situations many times in his career and usually comes out on the plus side of them more often than not. He is one of the most clutch QBs in the game. If a broken foot and nose aren't going to fluster him, what exactly are the Jets going to do that will?

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:19 AM
are you serious? you took the playoff stats only? where we faced brady and manning and you only had 1 game against flacco? how about taking the regular season?

Jets are 6th and steelers 12th (in yards)
Jets are #1 Steelers are 16 (in completion %)

Don't be that naive. I've never said you guys didn't have a great defense, i just said that ryan will gameplan around what ben does and he is gonna get flustered

those post season stats are on me. Cause I said (& believe) season is OVER, post season is the "what have you done for me lately" & I can honestly say, I cant argue that.

couple posters back though...talking about game 1 with the pigeons...not only did they only score 10...it SHOULD have been 6 save for a bad call by the ref's on ruffing the kicker, even though he wasnt touched (kind of like the flag suggs got for being to CLOSE to brady) It gave them a fresh set of downs (& while we held them out on 3 goal line stances...5th was a charm for them) so for that game, the pigeons too only scored FGs