PDA

View Full Version : Did Jets shoot their wad vs. the Patriots?

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 12:27 AM
im especially curious to hear what our new jets members feel on the matter.

that game was their superbowl. they must feel like the 2007 NY giants right now. i am sure they are emotionally spent from the 2nd biggest win in their franchise history.

can anyone here imagine the steelers having to play a game a week after an emotional superbowl win?

it would be tough.

rex ryan can no longer play the "its personal" card. the guarantees from pre-season and hard knocks will only get you so far.

will they have anything left in the tank?

i think they will be flat and overwhemed by the magnitude of Hienz field and its crowd in that atmosphere. it will be much different from the cheese and whine crowd, they saw in foxboro.

MACH1
01-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Beating the pats* was their money shot. :chuckle:

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 12:39 AM
they shot their wad in that container tom brady was drinking from

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
im especially curious to hear what our new jets members feel on the matter.

that game was their superbowl. they must feel like the 2007 NY giants right now. i am sure they are emotionally spent from the 2nd biggest win in their franchise history.

can anyone here imagine the steelers having to play a game a week after an emotional superbowl win?

it would be tough.

rex ryan can no longer play the "its personal" card. the guarantees from pre-season and hard knocks will only get you so far.

will they have anything left in the tank?

i think they will be flat and overwhemed by the magnitude of Hienz field and its crowd in that atmosphere. it will be much different from the cheese and whine crowd, they saw in foxboro.

in all honesty...there is no "its personal" for us...we have not played each other enough to have built that

yes, it was emotional for us with the gaytriots, they deserved ALL the ire they received ... but we are resilient. win lose or draw, I can GUARANTEE, we will GIVE as much as we GET on the field !

As far as I know...none of the guests (meaning us Jets fans) have been over the top or disrespectful & I expect that we will remain that way.

as 1 other Jets fan put it," we wouldnt be surprised if we lose, nor would we be surprised if we won"
Like you, we HOPE to win, that expectation of victory is what makes us ALL fans no matter the banner you fly. That commonality is what has us here chatting you all up about an up comin contest that will prove more nail biting, hard hitting & eventful than the Super Bowl itself !

(can I get an AMEN!?):hatsoff:

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 01:12 AM
As far as I know...none of the guests (meaning us Jets fans) have been over the top or disrespectful & I expect that we will remain that way.

nah, you jetsfans have been a great bunch so far. get 5-6 more like you, and you will exceed the nice swarm of tampa bay bucs fans we had earlier in the year.

kicking the shit out of the pats was a great win for you guys, and i rooted for them all the way (not cause i was afraid to face the patriots, but to see them lose in the most humiliating and embarrassing fashion is always best for me).

with that being said, do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.

this game is built on emotion and physicality. rex ryan encouraged that and cranked it up a notch. bill belichick dialed it down and practically shut it off.

Wallace108
01-18-2011, 01:16 AM
do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.

I think it's a real possibility. I was surprised at all the respect the Jets were showing the Steelers today. Just as the Steelers thrive on being the underdogs and being overlooked, I think the Jets thrive on being co.cky and boisterous. Psyching themselves up the way they did for the Colts and Pats* had to have taken something out of them. :noidea:

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 01:19 AM
nah, you jetsfans have been a great bunch so far. get 5-6 more like you, and you will exceed the nice swarm of tampa bay bucs fans we had earlier in the year.

kicking the shit out of the pats was a great win for you guys, and i rooted for them all the way (not cause i was afraid to face the patriots, but to see them lose in the most humiliating and embarrassing fashion is always best for me).

with that being said, do you have any concerns your team will be emotionally spent? it IS a legitimate concern.

this game is built on emotion and physicality. rex ryan encouraged that and cranked it up a notch. bill belichick dialed it down and practically shut it off.

I will be very frank, I dont think they will be emotionally spent, but I am very worried about the game. in my eyes, it can go either way there is a better chance your QB will have a great game than mine (speaking odds & experience) The environment is not as big cause we were just there (but the win has 0 to do with this Sunday)

I do see Revis on your number 1 with occasional over the top help (cause I think one of your posters made a valid point Wallace is prolly fast than Revis)

Troy is my biggest concern...as he is for everyone in the league Im sure (Def top 10 ALL TIME safety in my eyes & the FREAK IS STILL YOUNG!)

So, before I totally go off the point, no, I dont think they spent all they had emotionally on the gaytriots. Theirs was an ANGER driven game. Sundays match up will be more a chess match & execution.

(hope that answers your question)

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I think it's a real possibility. I was surprised at all the respect the Jets were showing the Steelers today. Just as the Steelers thrive on being the underdogs and being overlooked, I think the Jets thrive on being co.cky and boisterous. Psyching themselves up the way they did for the Colts and Pats* had to have taken something out of them. :noidea:

good point, but my take is
1. Colts ... we played em tight & TOUGH for 28 minutes. Unfortunately for us...the game is 60 minutes (lol, I know...its obvious) so with them, we had to avenge our loss & 2nd half break down
2. Gaytriots... exactly like you with the pigeons, they are our arch enemy (fins are a CLOSE 2nd) so the hate & disdain has been there for many YEARS (in fact as long as I can remember) Sunday was a SMALL measure of vindication for us & a turn of tides for this rivalry.
3. Steelers Jets have no bad blood. Mutual respect & with such, I expect a great game filled with Football & not antics :drink:

dcbng
01-18-2011, 02:32 AM
the jets will be up for this game, it's the AFCCG, if that alone does not get you pumped, then just hang up your jock in the locker room before putting on your dress.

JackHammer
01-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I remember making a thread about the same thing and it got moved out of the Steelers Forum..............

Rick5895
01-18-2011, 04:58 AM
I think the same could be said about us, "we blew our wad against a hated rival (ravens)" however, we are a veteran team. The Jets played thier signature game vs the cheats, however, they do have veterans on that team that will bring the game against us into perspective.
We can not take them lightly and if we get the opportunity we have to put them away early and not let them hang around. The Jets are a quality team and if it's close at the end we damn well better pay attention to Santo!
That all being said I say we win 24-13

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 08:03 AM
I have to say the experiences I've had with Jets fans on this and other forums was about 90% positive. Some nice guys there.

That said, I like our experience here and the fact that we have Troy and Heath back as opposed to last time...

jev7452
01-18-2011, 08:47 AM
ESPN: New York Jets <3 Pittsburgh Steelers
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6031778

winningisnewtome
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
i'm pretty sure the ravens steeler game was just as emotional and harder hitting then the Jets pats.

The pats are a bunch of pussies and the Jets showed it. I am pretty sure the Jets are just as focused on this sundays game just like the steelers are

steelerchad
01-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I actually think the Jets didn't blow their wad. They certainly left some plays out there on the field against the Pats. The Pats just played horribly and a lot of that was a great Jets defensive effort. But on offense the Jets were far from perfect.

The 7 points they should have had on the pick, no 6 and then the subsequent loss of 3 when the kicker blew the try when they failed to convert from the 12 yard line was lost points that I was sure would come back to bite them, but never did. Also, Sanchez was high on many throws in the first half.

The Jets can play better than they did, the question is will they against our D in this situation. I doubt it. This game may be too big for Sanchez and if our D gets to him like I think they will it could be a long day. The home field and crowd will be big also and I think the Steelers are a little better team anyway. With no special teams break downs or turnovers by the Steelers, I like the Steelers even if the Jets play better on offense.

The Steelers also played far from perfect basically handing the Ravens 14 points with the no tuck fumble for 6 and the Mendy fumble.

Both teams have room for improvement IMO. If both teams play to their potential, I think we win by 4 or so.

TRH
01-18-2011, 09:31 AM
they've been pulling out wins this year when they should have lost a bunch of times. Really reminds me of US lol

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I think our OC is going to start em off with safe throws early to get em in a flow. stop those...& we may very well be up shits creek. Mark HAS been high on throws this post season early in games.