PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter types not needed on Tomlin's Steelers

harts
01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
You see the Jets are not even trying to talk about the Steelers this week
What's the point
The Steelers play football Like men play football and have everyone's respect.
Even the Jets who talk about everybody have nothing to say this week

Kudos to Tomlin for not bringing any Joey Porter types in here after Joey left because of the salary cap

Tomlin has shaped this Steeler team almost similar to that of Knoll did in the 70's - Tough hard nosed and highly respected all over the NFL

The Jets are talkers and people who have to tell others how great they are constantly are usually hiding major deficiences.
Personally I think all that talk wears you out but for one game to get your team over the hump it can be highly effective

Kudos to Rex Ryan who played that emotional card for the Jets to win - Personally I think the Jets are spent after the Pats game but they had to play that way to win

Rex is a smart man - he has basically stepped up to the plate and became the Jets leader because the players are not doing it and Sanchez is to green to lead right now

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 08:30 AM
I actually miss Joey, he made playing the division rivals more interesting lol.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
i liked joey but i prefer troy polamalu and hines ward kinda players, do the talking on the field

TRH
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Porter was never one of my favorites, but i wish we did have an "on-the field personality" who gets our team in a frenzy somewhat like Porter did

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
From everything I've seen in behind the scenes videos and what not, Farrior is that pump up guy. He doesn't talk trash as much as Joey did, but he gets them all going.

vasteeler
01-18-2011, 12:11 PM
i miss joeys motor not his mouth. as i have said before on these boards his mouth at times became very embarrassing

4xSBChamps
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Kudos to Tomlin for not bringing any Joey Porter types in here after Joey left because of the salary cap

Tomlin has shaped this Steeler team almost similar to that of Knoll did in the 70's - Tough hard nosed and highly respected all over the NFL

have thought the same for a few years

:thumbsup:

I love ya, harts, but the only man to have coached 4 Super Bowl champions should never have his name spelled wrong
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/ChuckNolland4LombardiTrophies.jpg

:drink:

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 02:06 PM
"They shot me in Denver!"

Yeah, I kinda miss him too.

MDSteel15
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I actually miss Joey, he made playing the division rivals more interesting lol.

Ditto :hatsoff:

wootawnee
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
We dont need mouths running before the game........

All we need now is Debo walking around like Lambert used to to scare the sh*t out of everyone..........

Existance is far more intimidating than running potty mouths.......

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't mind good ole american " Smack talk " Just as long as you can back it up on the field. And Joey usually did. What I did mind though was when Joey got shot, that was right before the season started, and Joey took off on his own to watch a game back in Colorado,,,and never told the team. Yes he was sorry for it. Yes he worked hard to comeback really fast. But to me, it was all about Joey, and not the team. But his smack talk never bothered me.

fer522
01-18-2011, 04:31 PM
what!!! Troy dont talk enough s*it for you