PDA

View Full Version : I thought you guys were classy?

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
yet i log on this morning and have this PM message

From
WeegiesWarriors
Member Number: 13183

**** you
Get cancer and die you muther ****er

Is this the way you guys normally treat other fans?

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
For every team there's always jerk fans, its impossible to avoid

jev7452
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
that is terrible!:shake02:

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM
C'mon now. You know that if Steelers fans went to a Jets fan board, that there would be the same thing or worse from some. I'm not defending it in the least, just saying don't get all high and mighty like NY fans can't be crass. Generally, I think most posters here have treated you well from what I've read. Don't pick out the one bad seed and crucify the whole board, or fan base, for it. I'm sure, if true, it will be dealt with. I'm not sure posting it on the open forum was the right way to do it. You should have just PM'd a mod and they would have definitely handled it accordingly. They are fair and do not tolerate that type of blatant stupidity.

1st&Goal
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Obviously, the moron who wrote that is a Pats* fan in disguise.

steelerschik
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Obviously, the moron who wrote that is a Pats* fan in disguise.

LOL, I was thinking that too. Honestly that's terrible. The Gang Green forum is pretty much just as bad. Horrible, horrible representation of the Jets fanbase there. All pretty much idiots and tools, so yes, they're everywhere.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Blaming all posters on this board for that ignorance is like blaming you for this

At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment

At halftime of the Jets’ home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, several hundred men lined one of Giants Stadium’s two pedestrian ramps at Gate D. Three deep in some areas, they whistled and jumped up and down. Then they began an obscenity-laced chant, demanding that the few women in the gathering expose their breasts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sports/football/20fans.html

If it makes you feel better to contend that post from a resident of northern Ohio reflects the typical attitude of the Steelers fan base then go for it

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 10:04 AM
i'm not blaming all. i was simply asking a question. obviously the poster that sent that wasn't man enough to post it and just PMd it so i did the posting for him I don't know about the gang green but i'm a mod at nyjetsfan.com and we for sure don't do that.

and yes 99% of people here have been very respectful. Just wanted to make sure that one troll was the exception and not the norm. Thanks guys!

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 10:09 AM
C'mon now. You know that if Steelers fans went to a Jets fan board, that there would be the same thing or worse from some. I'm not defending it in the least, just saying don't get all high and mighty like NY fans can't be crass. Generally, I think most posters here have treated you well from what I've read. Don't pick out the one bad seed and crucify the whole board, or fan base, for it. I'm sure, if true, it will be dealt with. I'm not sure posting it on the open forum was the right way to do it. You should have just PM'd a mod and they would have definitely handled it accordingly. They are fair and do not tolerate that type of blatant stupidity.

cant front...we too have some of those penis heads on NYJETSFAN.COM (but only 2 that come to mind & 1 is a fins fan anyway =P)

so far, I have nothing to complain about. great banter exchanges & no PMs

Jets fan 115, sorry to hear it though

43Hitman
01-18-2011, 10:09 AM
i'm not blaming all. i was simply asking a question. obviously the poster that sent that wasn't man enough to post it and just PMd it so i did the posting for him I don't know about the gang green but i'm a mod at nyjetsfan.com and we for sure don't do that.

and yes 99% of people here have been very respectful. Just wanted to make sure that one troll was the exception and not the norm. Thanks guys!

But you already said 99% of us have been respectful. Why would you let one PM affect that opinion? While the dude that sent that to you is in the minority, you prolly shouldn't be posting PM's.

Buddha Bus
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
cant front...we too have some of those penis heads on NYJETSFAN.COM (but only 2 that come to mind & 1 is a fins fan anyway =P)

so far, I have nothing to complain about. great banter exchanges & no PMs

Jets fan 115, sorry to hear it though

Exactly. ALL fan bases have douchebags in them. I'm enjoying the banter and exchanges as well and welcome you guys to continue. There's nothing wrong with a little smack talk and ribbing, but what Jetsfan115 received is classless bullshit. I could understand that if he was a dickhead troll running his gums (trust me, I've ripped into a few trolls myself with some things that would make Andrew Dice Clay cringe!), but there's no need for that with someone who's bringing thoughtful discussion and some light-hearted smack. It's all in good fun! :drink:

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
yet i log on this morning and have this PM message

From
WeegiesWarriors
Member Number: 13183

Is this the way you guys normally treat other fans?

Who the hell is that? I've never seen "WeegiesWarriors" post here, atleast for a long, long time. Listen, worse has been said to me on Bungles, Ravens, Browns, Titans, and Patriots message boards for no reason. If I go on the Jets board (Gang Green) like I did earlier this year, they will tell me to go "Squeal in a bathroom stall and hope you get raped to death."

Every fan base has major jerks and d*ckheads. Don't listen to them, the majority of Steelers fans treat others with respect and love the respected convo and trash talk.

In fact, some guys who parked next to me came from N.Y this past Sunday and were Steelers fans. We all hit it off and tailgated our ass's off, congratulated us and we were cheering them on for them to beat the Pats. It's all good my man.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
But you already said 99% of us have been respectful. Why would you let one PM affect that opinion? While the dude that sent that to you is in the minority, you prolly shouldn't be posting PM's.

normally i wouldn't but someone that ignorant had to be exposed

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Who the hell is that? I've never seen "WeegiesWarriors" post here, atleast for a long, long time. Listen, worse has been said to me on Bungles, Ravens, Browns, Titans, and Patriots message boards for no reason. If I go on the Jets board (Gang Green) like I did earlier this year, they will tell me to go "Squeal in a bathroom stall and hope you get raped to death."

Every fan base has major jerks and d*ckheads. Don't listen to them, the majority of Steelers fans treat others with respect and love the respected convo and trash talk.

In fact, some guys who parked next to me came from N.Y this past Sunday and were Steelers fans. We all hit it off and tailgated our ass's off, congratulated us and we were cheering them on for them to beat the Pats. It's all good my man.

dam, that IS harsh. Myself...didnt like gang green boards to much.

grward
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I think it's good that you exposed that jackass. Who the hell is that anyhow ... I can't remember seeing that poster on this site. At least not recently.

Here's the thing ... if you come in with respect, you are treated with respect. Bottom line.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
this thread doesn't belong here, there's other subforums to be calling out members

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I think it's good that you exposed that jackass. Who the hell is that anyhow ... I can't remember seeing that poster on this site. At least not recently.

Here's the thing ... if you come in with respect, you are treated with respect. Bottom line.

Well said. Show me one post in here within the discussion where a Steelers fans told you to "die." It doesn't exist. Now, if you came in here like a troll, then we retaliate like rabid dogs haha.

I hope Sanchez has thin skin like yours this up-coming Sunday:hug:

TRH
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
yeah, i've never seen that person either.
Everyone's right. There's always one or two douchebags out there. The rest of us ARE pretty cool people and would never say anything such as that....hell, we wouldnt' even think it

steelerschik
01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
dam, that IS harsh. Myself...didnt like gang green boards to much.

SMART!!! Gang Green has some of the worst on there. I didn't sign up or anything like that, I was just reading and that alone was scary, lol!

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
SMART!!! Gang Green has some of the worst on there. I didn't sign up or anything like that, I was just reading and that alone was scary, lol!

if anything, check out the boards I DO roll with :
http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/index.php?showforum=42

but make no mistake, we too have one or 2 penis heads that show up once in a while. but reg contributors... will enjoy the exchange as much as I have.

Pentheon
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
you're obviusly gonna have some fans that are idiots, you'll have them for every team in the league but most of the site isnt like that.

id say ban his retarded ass cause thats not how we are.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
yeah, i've never seen that person either.
Everyone's right. There's always one or two douchebags out there. The rest of us ARE pretty cool people and would never say anything such as that....hell, we wouldnt' even think it

yes most of you have been great for sure

if anything, check out the boards I DO roll with :
http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/index.php?showforum=42

but make no mistake, we too have one or 2 penis heads that show up once in a while. but reg contributors... will enjoy the exchange as much as I have.

i know caminezd is one. Other then him who are the other douches?

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
this thread doesn't belong here, there's other subforums to be calling out members

This thread doesn't belong anywhere on here.

I'm sorry the user gave you a problem, at it'll be taken care of. In the future though, if anyone gives you any kind of hassle like this, please take it up with either myself, Tony or Pete.

We are pretty lenient on a lot of stuff, but this isn't one of them. Especially not in the Steelers section.

It'll be taken care of though, thanks for the heads up...just keep it private next time.

pete74
01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
i never even heard of him before but ill do my research. we definatly dont allow members here to act that way. its a football game thats all. i understand the tough talk but that was uncalled for