Jets fans anyway:
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63779

Think they are in for a surprise::applaudit::tt::toofunny:

"He isn't the same guy he was a couple years ago"

"Has dandruff? Talks like a fag?"

"Hell even Mike Francesa says Polamulu is not great anymore"

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 09:34 AM
He misses 2 tackles and now he's an average saftey...

But obviously they want to believe he isn't great because they want to win lol

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Correction - Brain dead Jets fans apparently think #43 is over rated

Quoting NY media is one thing but posting swill on opposing team's fanmessage boards is quite another - please try to be accurate in your headlines so soem of us can know what is not worthg reading

It is going to be a long week:banging:

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
He misses 2 tackles and now he's an average saftey...

But obviously they want to believe he isn't great because they want to win lol

Yeah, the first time Sanchez overthrows badly(like he is prone to do), I'll be looking for 43..

StainlessStill
Jets fans anyway:

Polamalu? Not great? Not the same guy? Oh boy, retard alert! This is the problem with fanbase's, they make themselves look like total tools and look not even worthy for discussion. Is it THAT hard to see some intelligent posts on others boards once in awhile? God damn.

Seriously, isn't Troy tied with the league lead 7 interceptions, and he even MISSED 2 GAMES! Don't they see his wild-man ability and acrobatic interception, laying out body type catches?

Jets fans might want to re-watch their GREAT VICTORY against us earlier in the year and might want to peak in that secondary and realize who wasn't in the lineup! They are mistaken.

DFWSTEELERFAN

Quoting NY media is one thing but posting swill on opposing team's fanmessage boards is quite another - please try to be accurate in your headlines so soem of us can know what is not worthg reading

yeah, sorry about that.... I tried to go back and correct it, but you can't edit a title..

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Mike Francesa?

You're listening to Mike Francesa?

Mike - "I never had a conversation I couldn't dominate, I never had an opinion that was wrong, I never had a co-host I couldn't berate, I never found a clever phrase I couldn't beat to death by repeating it a thousand times a minute, I never met a donut I didn't like - Francesa?

The same guy whose job description includes licking Bill Parcell's shoes on an hourly basis?

The same guy who hangs up on anyone who doesn't agree with him or who has anything negative to say about the Giants or about his butt buddy Bill?

THAT Mike Francesa?

Dude, you need to expand your horizons a bit.

stb_steeler
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
We'll see come sunday night!

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
While I am a die hard bleeding green Jets fan...I must say again...not a big fan of theganggreen.com

its safe to say 95% (SHOULD be 100%, but you have to account for the renegades =P) here would take him over our current safety 100% of the time.

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM
man i'm already tired of talking, see you gus on sunday, or least later in the week lol

OX1947
01-18-2011, 09:49 AM
I can't wait for Sunday. These are the games Troy puts his stamps on. Especially against inaccurate QB's.

grward
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Here's the thing with Troy. You have to watch all of his games. Posters/idiots who think he's overrated see the misses and the, sometimes, bad instincts. Yes, Troy does miss tackles. Yes, Troy sometimes makes the wrong decision at the wrong time. Those who say he's overrated see him in these situations. I think he's similar to Ben and holding the ball too long. You take the good with the bad. And in both of these cases the good ALWAYS outweighs the bad.

But what they don't see is when he is DEAD ON with his instincts. They don't see his Superman-esq performances. He is the ONLY player I have EVER seen get to the QB the same time the ball does (Titans game for example). Go ahead, name another defensive player who has done this to a QB. He is the only player who I've seen intercept the ball with barely a finger under it ... and he's done this not once, but twice. The plays that he makes when his instincts are acute are just down right unbelievable. Then add in his game speed. Another unbelievable trait. Jaw-dropping sometimes how he is able to zero in on a player from out of nowhere. His combined abilities makes him the best safety to ever play the game IMO.

He plays instinctively and yes, sometimes he's wrong. But when he's right, the opposing team will pay SEVERELY for it! And most times will lose possession of the ball.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Mike Francesa?

You're listening to Mike Francesa?

Mike - "I never had a conversation I couldn't dominate, I never had an opinion that was wrong, I never had a co-host I couldn't berate, I never found a clever phrase I couldn't beat to death by repeating it a thousand times a minute, I never met a donut I didn't like - Francesa?

The same guy whose job description includes licking Bill Parcell's shoes on an hourly basis?

The same guy who hangs up on anyone who doesn't agree with him or who has anything negative to say about the Giants or about his butt buddy Bill?

THAT Mike Francesa?

Dude, you need to expand your horizons a bit.

The Jets fan said it not me...:drink:

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
The Jets fan said it not me...:drink:

Don't worry dude, I know that. :thmbup:

It's just that I saw "Francesa" and started laughing out loud. I used to listen to him back in the "Mike and the Mad Dog" days on WFAN (NY) and all I can say is that he was a tool back hen and he's an even bigger tool today and I can't think of anyone more irrelevant than him.

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
that board sucks. you need to check out nyjetsfan.com

madtowndrunkard
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Over rated?

Isn't defensive MVP between Troy and Clay Mathews? What do they want? The greatest defensive player ever? Troy has a few more years like this year and I think he'll be among the best ever. He's already arguably the best SS ever.

DFWSTEELERFAN
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
that board sucks. you need to check out nyjetsfan.com

Yeah, the fans on that board were pretty ignorant.. Check out the game predictions... 34-7 Jets... Maybe if you get three defensive scores:sofunny:

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Over rated?

Isn't defensive MVP between Troy and Clay Mathews? What do they want? The greatest defensive player ever? Troy has a few more years like this year and I think he'll be among the best ever. He's already arguably the best SS ever.

i don't understand how some people can call the bets safety in the league as overrated. i think its more ignorance or jealousy. alot of giant fans who hate the jets call revis overrated so i tend to ignore people who are that much of a homer

Yeah, the fans on that board were pretty ignorant.. Check out the game predictions... 34-7 Jets... Maybe if you get three defensive scores:sofunny:

If the jets win by that score i'll shit a pigeon. any jet fan knows we can never make it easy on the fans. the team needs to give you a heart attack every game.

harrison'samonster
01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I can understand why ppl would think that he is overrated. It's hard to believe that he can be as good as he's supposed to be. But he really is some kind of superman out there when he's at his best

biggtee
01-18-2011, 10:42 AM
thats what happens when you fear someone you start trying to convince yourself that hes not that good and all the shit why dont they ask REX how he feels about troy!

Deserei90
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
How can he be overrated? The MAN fly's!!! What NFL Player they know that Fly's like Troy?:flap: If Jets had the opportunity to take Troy, Jets Fans would be praising god all year long, b/c they know how awesome he is. I'm already getting tired of Jets fans, They may make my top list of most annoying fans in the NFL. Luckily for Them ravens fans will always be #1.

CargoJon
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Internet message fanboys can spew so much sewage it's not funny. It's amazing how anonymity allows people to post the most gay, homeriffic crap that they'd never say out loud amongst their friends.

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Jets fan may want to take a look at this/

THIS is what their going up against this Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5Ft0gPcj4

caseyviator
01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
TROY WHEN HE IS SPOT ON STATION LIKE IN THE RAVENS 2ND GAME HE IS ON PAR WITH THE COMIC BOOK LEGEND SUPERMAN!!!!!
WHEN HES TOTALLY OFF HE STILL ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE.

I STILL SAY BEN IS THE NUMBER ONE QB OUT THERE BETTER THAN MANNING,BRADY,BREEZE ANY OF THEM..THE REASON WHY IS NO OF THEM CAN GET SACKED 6 TIMES AND STILL KEEP COMIN AT YOU AND WIN THE GAME

BEN IS A HUGE HUGE HUMAN BEING AND INCREDIBLY FOOTBALL STRONG THIS IS WHAT SET HIM APART AND PROBABLY THE ONLY GUY WHO HAS AS STRONG AS AN ARM AS VICK WHOI I THINK HAS THE STRONGEST ARM OF ALL..

SUNDAY NITE BOTH TROY AND BEN WILL BE IN SUPERMAN MODE JUST U WATCH...STEELERS ARE ON A TREMENDOUS ROLL NOT JUST O OR D BUT BOTH TEAMS ARE, WE ARE PEAKING PERFECTLY

STEELers 37
jEts 23 in a blow out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PineappleJetsFan
01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Troy P is a god. If some Jets fans don't thin so it's probably the ones who have trouble spelling the J-E-T-S chant.

MACH1
01-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Troy overrated. BWAAAHAAAHAAAA

Thats like saying dirty sanchez is going to pick us apart with his arm.

FanSince72
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM

...or poison Steelers' Gatorade jug.

tanda10506
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
It's pretty much the general consensus among all sports commentators, enthusiasts, reporters etc.. that Polamalu is the best safety in the league. Ed Reed is pretty great too, but he isn't on Troys level. If someone wants to talk about dandruff or how a guy speaks off the field then fine, let them show there ignorance. But if the Jets players themselves really think he's overated and don't give him the respect due on the field, then he's going to make Sanchez look like a damn fool.

isunormalil
01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
You guys(jetsfan) talk a lot of smack for a team that beat the Steelers w/o Troy and Heath. Also, scored a Kickoff return for a TD and Safety. Thats Christmas for a lifetime dude. If you think those things are all going to happen again...then you need to quit hitting the pipe.

Foreign Alphabet
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats not the opinion of the majority of fans to my knowledge. Anyone who watches football knows Troy is a great player.

We all have our idiots, i've seen people here downplay Revis the same way.

stand undefeated
01-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Revis is just the man, no if's, and's or but's about it.

isunormalil
01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Thats not the opinion of the majority of fans to my knowledge. Anyone who watches football knows Troy is a great player.

I was ticked off when the jets moved up in the draft to get Revis. We really could have used him!

fer522
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
yea he missed 2 tackles we should cut him

Omar Epps
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
43 is a damn good player. Bill Cowher is overrated though

StainlessStill
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Who?! I don't think they were questioning Revis's shutdown abilities. They were just saying that other than Brady & Manning, Revis went up the likes of some okay QB's that couldn't really push the ball to their recievers.

With that said, Revis is a stud and one of the best blanket corners in the league. I played against Revis in High School. I was a freshman playing varsity and Revis was Quips kick returner. He got our edge and I had a chance to tackle him and I wrapped one leg, slid down and almost shoe-strung him. He took it to the house. True story. That boy was unreal!

mesaSteeler
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit:

nycdan
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
If you're going to the site mentioned by the OP for rational opinions, you're wasting your time. There are at least two much better forums.

If you look hard enough, you can find stupidity anywhere, but if you bring it back to your home, then who's really being dumb? No rational fan underrates a healthy Polamalu. If he was expected to be 100% going into the game, I'd be more concerned, but at around 80%, I still like our chances and consider the game still worth playing :).

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
his play speaks for itself

6DyzASDVpwU

BigRick
01-18-2011, 10:52 PM
43 is a damn good player. Bill Cowher is overrated though

Have to agree, never was a big Cowher fan.

azJETSfan
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Who?! I don't think they were questioning Revis's shutdown abilities. They were just saying that other than Brady & Manning, Revis went up the likes of some okay QB's that couldn't really push the ball to their recievers.

With that said, Revis is a stud and one of the best blanket corners in the league. I played against Revis in High School. I was a freshman playing varsity and Revis was Quips kick returner. He got our edge and I had a chance to tackle him and I wrapped one leg, slid down and almost shoe-strung him. He took it to the house. True story. That boy was unreal!

thats an awesome story to. When I played football, I just played center, guard & tackle...center of the bench, guarding the water bucket, tacklin anyone goin near it!

But ya, even though he aint in black n yellow, Im sure thats a memory you will always treasure (cause it isnt only successes that we treasure, some failures are worth remembering to)

Thanks for sharin that though.

tube517
01-18-2011, 11:23 PM
:yawn:

scsteeler
01-19-2011, 04:13 AM
The Jets Fans are entitled to their opinion. On Sunday lets see How overated he is.

njjetfan12
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
This Jet fan most definitely doesn't think he's over-rated. IDK how hampered he is by his injury, but I think a healthy Polomalu could be the most game-changing defensive player in the NFL. Revis can shut down one receiver a game, but Polomalu can make plays all over the field. Most Jet fans feel the same way

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Jets fans anyway:

with all due respect....your linking to a jets message board of inbred high school drop outs...

jets fans DO NOT think #43 is overrated...those guys are idiots

43Hitman
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
with all due respect....your linking to a jets message board of inbred high school drop outs...

jets fans DO NOT think #43 is overrated...those guys are idiots

:rofl:Welcome to the boards :chuckle:

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
check out jetsinsider.com

head over heels better then theganggreen

Jetsfan115
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
check out jetsinsider.com

head over heels better then theganggreen

or nyjetsfan.com way better then both :)

TurkJetFan
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
or nyjetsfan.com way better then both :)

never heard of it...i'll check it out