PDA

View Full Version : Rex Has A Plan: There's method to Rex Ryan's gladness

SteelerEmpire
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Article Quote:
"He said he loves Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger almost as much as he loves Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, a soft, high-arcing changeup after all that blistering heat Ryan threw under Tom Brady's dimpled chin.
Fear not, Jets fans, for Ryan still has a plan to win it all. Do not believe for a second that the conquest of Brady and Bill Belichick and their hated band of Patriots has left Ryan a satisfied soul, left him a Super Bowl contender merely hoping to give it the ol' college try in the AFC title game...Ryan has a winning method beneath the entertaining madness. If he decides to send nothing but roses and wine to Pittsburgh, there must be a reason. Ryan must have identified some vulnerability in the Steelers' program, one that will allow the Jets to kill them softly."

LINK: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=oconnor_ian&id=6031901

kirklandrules
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
To steal a quote from the little know movie Amazon Women on the Moon: "Oooooowww, I'm soooo scared.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA".

Foreign Alphabet
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm sure that article comes as quite a shock. Who would have guessed that he hasn't lost all his passion and decided to just wing it

kirklandrules
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, Ryan is adjusting his responses based on his opponents. Tomlin overly praises the Steelers opponents. You would have thought the Steelers were playing the "85 Bears when he spoke about the Carolina Panthers prior to that game. Rex knows the Steelers and Tomlin are not going to get baited into a war of words, so why bother starting that war. There's no bad blood between the teams and there's no sense in creating it.

TRH
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, Ryan is adjusting his responses based on his opponents. Tomlin overly praises the Steelers opponents. You would have thought the Steelers were playing the "85 Bears when he spoke about the Carolina Panthers prior to that game. Rex knows the Steelers and Tomlin are not going to get baited into a war of words, so why bother starting that war. There's no bad blood between the teams and there's no sense in creating it.

exactly. Rex, i believe, really respects Tomlin and the Steelers and probably wants to stay away from tabloid stuff

skinart82
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I like what Colin said this morning on ESPN Radio, you don't talk trash to the baddest team on the field, cause they'll just punch in the side of the head!!!!

Steelboy84
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm already pumped for this game. Dang....................................

:tt02: :tt04: :tt: :helmet:

Jetsfan115
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
the title is rex has a plan? i mean what writing. of course he has a plan. every coach does. they don't go into a game thinking hey lets wing it?

HAWK
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Let's see... Rex talked shit non-stop and then didn't really blitz Manning or Brady.

Now he's in love with Ben and they're about to start dating. It's simple. Rex is going to blitz the shit out of Ben.

Makes sense to me.

HAWK
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
I like what Colin said this morning on ESPN Radio, you don't talk trash to the baddest team on the field, cause they'll just punch in the side of the head!!!!

Yep. He likened The Pats to Coldplay and Pitt to GWAR.
:tt02:

Foreign Alphabet
01-18-2011, 11:24 PM

Yeah, he only gets obnoxious when he talks to the loudmouth trashtalkers who never praise their opponents, like bellichek :wink02:

HAWK
01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
You're talking about a division rival. It's a little different.