klick81
04-26-2006, 01:00 AM
:shake01:

Ohio Steeler
04-26-2006, 01:02 AM
this guy needs to retitre

klick81
04-26-2006, 01:26 AM
What's funny is that all the packer fans are giddy as hell about him being back. LOL...poor bastards!

MattsMe
04-26-2006, 02:13 AM
He's only 24 td's away from tying Marino's record. Maybe that's part of why he's coming back.

klick81
04-26-2006, 02:15 AM
It could be. If he plays solely with that in his mind though, it's gonna be sad to see him fall flat on his face. I don't know...i honestly hope he goes out like the awesome player he has always been. Not like the dud he was last year.

MattsMe
04-26-2006, 02:32 AM
I realize 29 picks is pretty sad, but I don't think it's entirely his fault. The Packers were behind so often, and I think a lot of those picks were just desparate attempts to get a first down.

Livinginthe past
04-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Favre threw some awful footballs last year.

Even at his best some of his passes had an element of the 'hail mary' about them - now that he so far past his sell by date it can only get worse...much worse.

Its a shame to see an excellent QB do this - but pro sportsmen are proud people (see Jerry Rice) and find it hard to take the curtain call when they should.

The Packers aren't going to win anything this year - all they are doing is depriving Favre's replacement a year of learning and themselves a shot at doing something the year after.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2006, 02:43 AM
It could be. If he plays solely with that in his mind though, it's gonna be sad to see him fall flat on his face. I don't know...i honestly hope he goes out like the awesome player he has always been. Not like the dud he was last year.
well they ain't done much to upgrade in the off season,and this years draft class won't help sooooooo...............

PisnNapalm
04-26-2006, 06:03 AM
The Packers should have shown Favre the door. They need to spend this season working with their new QB.

Yeah it's gonna be a very rough year for the Pack.

3 to be 4
04-26-2006, 06:31 AM
now we gotta listen to another year of announcers talking about him like hes the greatest QB to ever live. Guh!!!!!!!!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 08:58 AM
now we gotta listen to another year of announcers talking about him like hes the greatest QB to ever live. Guh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if it wasn't him it would be Vick. It's just now we have to listen to the B.S. about two NFL QB's. I'll pray for Packer fans this year. I feel for them, great football fans.

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
To be fair, he didn't have much to work with last year, and obviously tried to overcompensate, but, yeah, this guy needs to hang it up. He's not gonna win another SB, and Marino's record will be safe unless he's coming back for 2007, too, so I'm not sure what the point is...

pitt
04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I've always liked Favre. I hope he gets a chance to have a good team around him this year so he can eventually end his career on a high note and not the dismal one last year was for him.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I've always respected the way he has played the game. After his comments about Walker's contract (as if it's any of his business) and the way he handled these last few weeks, I'm not exactly his biggest fan.

HburgXL06
04-26-2006, 12:29 PM
What is he now, 90? I'll bet that social security check will be a great boost to his current million dollar salary.

BuFu

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 01:02 PM
I like watching Favre play, so I`m happy he is coming back!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Rogers should be the starter this year....

Man_Of_Steel
04-26-2006, 01:19 PM
I like watching Favre play, so I`m happy he is coming back!

I USE to like to watch him play. Definitely not now. He is horrible.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Ugh.

Brett needs to just retire.This team needs to move forward,they can't do that with Favre there.If Brett Favre truly loved the Packers and the fans of Green Bay,he would retire so the team can move on.

Lyn
04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I have always admired Brett Farve and still do. I enjoy watchng class on the football field and there seem to be more classless players who are into the the big "I am" than class players like Brett Farve who realize there is no I in team. How any Packer backer or anyone else could ever say that Brett Farve does not love the Packers or the Packer fans is beyond me.
Peace,

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I have always admired Brett Farve and still do. I enjoy watchng class on the football field and there seem to be more classless players who are into the the big "I am" than class players like Brett Farve who realize there is no I in team. How any Packer backer or anyone else could ever say that Brett Farve does not love the Packers or the Packer fans is beyond me.
Peace,

If he loved the team and the fans he'd retire.As long as he is there they can't rebuild.

Ambridge
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

BBC
04-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm excited about this. Now we don't have to listen to anymore stories about Favre's decision to come back or retire.

Man_Of_Steel
04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm excited about this. Now we don't have to listen to anymore stories about Favre's decision to come back or retire.

Yeah, but I'm sure we'll have to go through this saga again next year. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
04-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure we'll have to go through this saga again next year. :rolleyes:

Not unless the Packers address their interior OL problems...given Brett's age and their OL woes, we might be just as likely be discussing his funeral arrangements by mid-season...I can see it now...

October 22, 2006
Miami, Florida

Today we mourn the loss of one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Sadly, Brett Favre was killed when Jason Taylor, Junior Seau and Zack Thomas, all inexplicably unblocked, had a massive collision in the Packers backfield with the aging QB.

Ambridge
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Not unless the Packers address their interior OL problems...given Brett's age and their OL woes, we might be just as likely be discussing his funeral arrangements by mid-season...I can see it now...

October 22, 2006
Miami, Florida

Today we mourn the loss of one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Sadly, Brett Favre was killed when Jason Taylor, Junior Seau and Zack Thomas, all inexplicably unblocked, had a massive collision in the Packers backfield with the aging QB.

That would be sweet justice straight from the throne of the Football God's especially after Favre gave Michael Strahan that bogus sack so "Gappy" could get the sack record a few seasons back.

3 to be 4
04-26-2006, 10:59 PM
The Bengals suck!

Lyn
04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
If he loved the team and the fans he'd retire.As long as he is there they can't rebuild.

Really? I didn't know he owned the team I thought he was the qb and I also thought that he has to win his job every year in training camp like evey other player and I also thought the best player got the job, I did not know he was automatically the starting qb, should they have someone better.
Dang, learn something new everyday.

SteelerzGirl
04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
The Bengals suck!

:sofunny:

tony hipchest
05-07-2006, 01:43 PM
great to see that farve has left the door open to pull the same type of wishy washy bullshit next season too:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06127/688195-66.stm

NFL Notebook: Favre returns, doesn't rule out a longer stay
Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Associated Press

Brett Favre is back. And so, it seems, are the questions about Favre's future beyond the upcoming season.

Despite comments earlier in the offseason that there was "no doubt" the 2006-07 season would be his last, Favre said yesterday that he wasn't so sure.

"I know I said that," Favre said, in his first public comments since telling the Green Bay Packers he would return for another year. "But I hope you guys will respect me. I'm going to play this year, give it my best and not talk about it."

Favre said the constant speculation surrounding his football future -- much of which has been propelled by his own public comments on the subject -- has become a distraction for the team.

"It's been a distraction not only for me but for, I think, the guys I played with in the past, and I'm not going to talk about it this year," he said.

In a half-hour session with reporters, Favre admitted he doesn't know whether his decision to return was the right one. But Favre said he also would have questions if he had decided to retire.

Favre knows athletes nearing the end of their careers can risk their legacies by playing on despite retirement being a viable option. Others choose to quit when they could have played effectively for a few more years.

"Where do I fall in? I don't know, and don't care," he said. "The Packers still want me, I want to be back."

Favre threw a career-worst 29 interceptions last season as the Packers went 4-12, the team's first losing season since Favre became its quarterback.