PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl ticket discussion thread

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Do they save a portion of Superbowl tickets for Steelers season ticket owners?
B tickets are already selling from #3K to 11K...lol

It seems it is always just a bunch of people who like to say they went to the Superbowl. Steelers are popular so most of them will root for the Steelers. I'm just wondering how many of them will be real Steeler fans.

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
none if they dont make it to the superbowl.

SteelKnight
01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
none if they dont make it to the superbowl.

My question is "If they make the Superbowl"...

stlrtruck
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
From what I can remember back in '99 when I was in another organizations ticket office:

1) Every SB team gets 10,000 tickets
2) Every player/coach gets 2 tickets (if they want them)

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 12:08 AM
From what I can remember back in '99 when I was in another organizations ticket office:

1) Every SB team gets 10,000 tickets
2) Every player/coach gets 2 tickets (if they want them)

Cool. Thanks. Then they sell them to the fans for regular prices right? Do they have some sort of Lottery amongst season ticket holders or do they just open the sales office and first come first serve via a line?

I'm sure some will want them just to resell them...lol You could get 7K-10K for a pair.

stlrslee
01-19-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm pretty sure both teams representing each get 17% of the tickets. After that it also gets split up between media and other stuff. Season ticket holders get put in a lottery drawing. My invoice lists them at $800.00 per ticket. That was the same price for Tampa as well.

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure both teams representing each get 17% of the tickets. After that it also gets split up between media and other stuff. Season ticket holders get put in a lottery drawing. My invoice lists them at $800.00 per ticket. That was the same price for Tampa as well.

Wow thanks. I don't know why those who are not fans of either team are so excited to go. Probably just for bragging rights. I know there is a halftime concert but still. When you consider the tickets, hotel rooms (which I'm sure are jacked up to $500 or more a night ) air fare, etc. all to see a team that is not your favorite, IDK if it is worth it. i guess if you have the kind of friends who are envious and it makes you feel good to brag that you went, then maybe...lol

For a fan of a team...yes...worth it.

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Do they save a portion of Superbowl tickets for Steelers season ticket owners?
B tickets are already selling from #3K to 11K...lol

It seems it is always just a bunch of people who like to say they went to the Superbowl. Steelers are popular so most of them will root for the Steelers. I'm just wondering how many of them will be real Steeler fans.

Season ticket holders who have 2-4 seats are eligible for a pair at $1600. If you own 5 or more PSL's you are eligible for 4 seats at $3200. Invoices had to be paid by January 14th to be eligible for the drawing (so before we beat Balt or the Jets beat NE). A random computerized drawing will be held late this week they don't give a specific day and you will be notified by email if you won. I'm guessing I'll find out tomorrow. With approx. 62k season ticket holder seats I would guess some don't send in the money. Totally a guess but maybe 50k seats are entered in the lottery. The Steelers, if they make it would get 17.5% of the seats in the stadium, so around 17k. I figure chances are around 1 in 3 to score a pair.

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Season ticket holders who have 2-4 seats are eligible for a pair at $1600. If you own 5 or more PSL's you are eligible for 4 seats at $3200. Invoices had to be paid by January 14th to be eligible for the drawing (so before we beat Balt or the Jets beat NE). A random computerized drawing will be held late this week they don't give a specific day and you will be notified by email if you won. I'm guessing I'll find out tomorrow. With approx. 62k season ticket holder seats I would guess some don't send in the money. Totally a guess but maybe 50k seats are entered in the lottery. The Steelers, if they make it would get 17.5% of the seats in the stadium, so around 17k. I figure chances are around 1 in 3 to score a pair.

Awesome. Thanks for explaining how it works. That's really cool...and 1 in 3 is not bad. It might even be higher since not everyone may have the $1600. It is worth it even if you don't want to go. You could fetch $6K on stubhub for a pair.

stlrtruck
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
The face value of the SB Ticket two years ago in Tampa was $800 per seat.

LegendSteel
01-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Yep, couldn't have described it better. I'm lucky because my parents and I have 3 tickets, but 2 entries. They have their own PSL with 2 tickets, and I have my own with 1 ticket. I took over when Heinz was built for my aunt's husband who had Alzheimer's and passed away about 5 years ago. Luckily, for XL, BOTH PSLs won and all 3 of us got to go. Now, they weren't all together because of the two different entries, but it's the Super Bowl, so who cares?! :P Neither PSL ended up being chosen for XLIII, so it's hit or miss. One of my dad's friends, however, was chosem for XXX, XL, AND XLIII. How lucky!

steelerchad
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Yep, couldn't have described it better. I'm lucky because my parents and I have 3 tickets, but 2 entries. They have their own PSL with 2 tickets, and I have my own with 1 ticket. I took over when Heinz was built for my aunt's husband who had Alzheimer's and passed away about 5 years ago. Luckily, for XL, BOTH PSLs won and all 3 of us got to go. Now, they weren't all together because of the two different entries, but it's the Super Bowl, so who cares?! :P Neither PSL ended up being chosen for XLIII, so it's hit or miss. One of my dad's friends, however, was chosem for XXX, XL, AND XLIII. How lucky!

I did the same thing with my 3 psl's. split them between me and my wife, so we have 2 chances, but the single seat is only good for a single SuperBowl ticket. At that point, I'd have to try to haggle with a scalper to trade the one plus the least amount of cash as possible for a pair.

SteelKnight
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
I did the same thing with my 3 psl's. split them between me and my wife, so we have 2 chances, but the single seat is only good for a single SuperBowl ticket. At that point, I'd have to try to haggle with a scalper to trade the one plus the least amount of cash as possible for a pair.

single tickets make no sense to me. Who goes by himself? lol

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_719565.html
By Kim Leonard
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 24, 2011

Ready for the next big game? Ticket sellers and Dallas area hotels are ready to accommodate Steelers fans eager to cheer on their team at Super Bowl XLV on Feb. 6 -- at premium prices.

The NFL Ticket Exchange at NFL.com had 729 listings on Sunday for Super Bowl tickets. The priciest, at $17,047 per ticket, was for first-row, midlevel seats on the 50-yard line in Cowboys Stadium.

The cheapest tickets, at $2,842 apiece, were top-tier end-zone seats. NFL.com sells tickets available for immediate delivery and tickets owned by a third party with a shipping date specified.

The league's listings are consistent with those at ticket reseller StubHub.com, where prices ranged from $2,683 to $15,120 yesterday.

Fans thinking about heading to Dallas can find package deals with hotel rooms and tickets.

Sports Traveler listed a four-night package at the Gaylord Texan Resort, with upper-level end-zone tickets, on its SportsTraveler.net website. Prices start at $5,695 per person. Touchdown Experiences at TouchdownHotels.com lists a four-day, three night deal at a Hampton Inn 11 miles from the stadium, with upper-level end-zone seats, for $3,895 per person, double occupancy.

As for airfare, US Airways was charging $604 with taxes and fees as of yesterday to fly to Dallas on Feb. 4 and return Feb. 7, according to Expedia.com.

The new $1.3 billion Cowboys venue could accommodate 100,000 people to mark the biggest Super Bowl attendance in 24 years. That includes several thousand Cowboys season-ticket holders who can pay $200 to watch the game on TV at a plaza next to the stadium.

The Steelers, the NFL and Pittsburgh police issued warnings last week to buy tickets only from authorized dealers such as NFL Ticket Exchange. Those who don't run the risk of buying counterfeits that are worthless at the gates.

Kim Leonard can be reached at kleonard@tribweb.com or 412-380-5606.

Read more: Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047 - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_719565.html#ixzz1BvVSUj58

SeinfeldNut
01-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I will be very content to watch this game at home, on my TV, with all my Steelers gear on, and all the food and drinks I want without paying through the nose.

Merchant
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
If only I could afford that.. what an experience it'd be to witness our boys hoisting the Lombardi.

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
i guess i could use the money i've been saving for a liver transplant ....:scratchchin:

stb_steeler
01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047 ......
Hell, put me down for 2........:rofl:

SteelKnight
01-24-2011, 02:15 AM
For that price, it had better be the seat in the booth with a direct microphone to BA connected to it and he better ask what I want to do next every other play. lol

toughsticks87
01-24-2011, 02:26 AM
What's the face value of these tickets before being resold?

dcbng
01-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Nice seat at the Super Bowl can be yours for $17,047 ......
Hell, put me down for 2........:rofl:

just two, I would think you would want to take the whole family at that price:drink:

sharkweek
01-24-2011, 07:07 AM
FFS, with 80,000 seats (expandable to over 100,000 with standing room) they're going to make a decent chunk of change...

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 08:04 AM
FFS, with 80,000 seats (expandable to over 100,000 with standing room) they're going to make a decent chunk of change...

Yep and these two sides can't come to a new CBA deal when both are making money hand over fist?

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Buy tickets years a head of time, sell them online for 10 times the price... :chuckle:

El Nino
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
i'd rather use that money to buy a new car and then drive to a steelers bar

sharkweek
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Yep and these two sides can't come to a new CBA deal when both are making money hand over fist?

Yeah, just over a week ago I heard on some sports talk show that the all four major networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC/ESPN) all saw growth in viewership/ratings this season, and that the top 19 rated shows this past fall season for all of TV were all NFL programs.

Its absolutely nuts to think how successful the NFL currently is and that they're basically f***ing with their golden goose and could very well screw things up.

i'd rather use that money to buy a new car and then drive to a steelers bar

what if you already own several cars and also own several of your own bars/clubs...I'm pretty sure that's who those tickets are intended for :flap:

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, just over a week ago I heard on some sports talk show that the all four major networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC/ESPN) all saw growth in viewership/ratings this season, and that the top 19 rated shows this past fall season for all of TV were all NFL programs.

Its absolutely nuts to think how successful the NFL currently is and that they're basically f***ing with their golden goose and could very well screw things up.

what if you already own several cars and also own several of your own bars/clubs...I'm pretty sure that's who those tickets are intended for :flap:

Exactly! They have everything they could possibly want in viewership, revenue, parity in the league etc, but yet do not have enough common sense to come to a compromise on a new agreement.

thumper
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.steelerstravelpackages.com/air.php

The package to fly and hotel isn't that bad. It can be
had for $2k, including 3 nights in a decent hotel that
has transportation to and from the game.

But tics are going to set you back another 3k, and that's for the
worst tickets there are.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Super-Bowl-XLV-Tickets-at-Cowboys-Stadium-in-Arlington?PID=952007

If you want seats not in nose bleed haven and in the endzone,
you are going to spend 4k, easy.

Add it all up, and realistically, you will have to drop 5k for just one
of you. Take the wife, you are looking at 10k.

Only the individual can ascertain if that cost is worth it. To each
their own. 3k just for the ticket is pretty steep for most. We got by,
paying only $1400 for a ticket for 43. I wouldn't expect
to pull that price for this one.

Ironhead
01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I can't believe the prices I see online for the Super Bowl. I went to Detroit and Tampa and didn't pay nearly the prices I'm seeing now. Anybody else staying at home now. I can't afford this trip.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Well the stadium is brand spanking new and state of the art. You kinda figured the prices were gonna be higher.

Ironhead
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Yes, but, there's at least 20,000 more seats in this stadium. I would think that would make it cheaper.

El Nino
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
jerry jones wants his money

lionslicer
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Like Jerry Jones would ever allow tickets to be cheaper

Damn formerly known as firearians, you beat me lol

fer522
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I can't believe the prices I see online for the Super Bowl. I went to Detroit and Tampa and didn't pay nearly the prices I'm seeing now. Anybody else staying at home now. I can't afford this trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll buy you the ticket :wave:
how much you need :chuckle:

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I will be home, watching the game. I rather just stay in the comfort of my own home, have my Steeler gear on, screaming my head off :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
01-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I will be home, watching the game. I rather just stay in the comfort of my own home, have my Steeler gear on, screaming my head of :chuckle:

that sounds good to me. I don't think I could even afford to go to a regular season game!

stb_steeler
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, who can afford tix at those prices, being laid off sux. My plan was the next time the Steelers go to a SB, me an the wife were goin. Well thats not gonna happen with this economy the way it is.:noidea: Im lucky if i can afford the new AFC championship shirt.....lol

caseydog
01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Welcome to Jerryworld. :chuckle:

CD

BlastFurnace
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM

I live out here and I couldn't afford to go...even if all I bought was tickets. Everything....I mean everything Jerry does at that stadium is expensive. Parking alone, for the Bowl Game they hosted cost $80.00.

Personally, I like the seat in my living room.

stb_steeler
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
SB party at my house this year. Thats the best i can do for now in these hard times.

StainlessStill
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
How do you think they'll pay for the bill for the stadium because the Cowboys sure as hell won't bring much money to the city if money= winning! Jones should thank Pittsburgh.

SeinfeldNut
01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
that sounds good to me. I don't think I could even afford to go to a regular season game!

Yeah, me either, the way the prices of these tickets continue to go up, they will price out all the true, die hard fans of going to games.

4xSBChamps
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
... they will price out all the true, die hard fans of going to games.

"they've" been doing this since the 1970's

TailgateMel
01-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I think face value is $800? I am thinking that was the same for the last sb in Tampa...

The broker / resale prices are based on demand...

These are two HUGE fan bases, the last two superbowls were against Seattle and Arizona.. not exactly huge fan bases, and those teams weren't given much chance to win.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Only advice I can give (cause I sure as hell couldn't afford to go to Detroit or Tampa...so no way I can go to Dallas) is search around for contests and try to win lol.

Woodley is doing his own little contest, so keep an eye out for that maybe (and any of his other contests).

LaMarr Woodley Thinking about doing a contest to give away some super bowl tickets.. what do yall think about THAT?
about an hour ago

http://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley

MattLLittle
01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
If all my Facebook friends would chip in $4.81 each, I could buy two tickets. I posted this as my status.

To put it nicely, they're a little slow in pulling out their wallets.

sw0099
01-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I am going to Dallas but not to the game. Where are the Steeler functions ? Is the NFL experience worth the $25.00

steelerchad
01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
I think face value is $800? I am thinking that was the same for the last sb in Tampa...

The broker / resale prices are based on demand...

These are two HUGE fan bases, the last two superbowls were against Seattle and Arizona.. not exactly huge fan bases, and those teams weren't given much chance to win.

Yep. They're $800 a piece. Getting the tickets in the lottery is the only way I would go. I wouldn't dish out $5-$6k for tickets. Me and the wife are going if I can find a flight tonight. Every time I click on one I like it comes back sold out and I'm not even coming from Pittsburgh.

caseydog
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I am going to Dallas but not to the game. Where are the Steeler functions ? Is the NFL experience worth the $25.00

Where are are you staying?

Cannonball Butler
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
We payed $100 each for tickets to the 79' Super Bowl (scalper price). We thought that was steep then. Celebrities, who can't even name many players beside maybe the quarterbacks, have helped price out the common man.

FrancoForever
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM
On top of Super Bowl tickets, the tickets for the parties are crazy expensive. Playboy party tickets are $1,250, the Prince event is $1,500 and some of these places have bottle service for super big bucks. I read that Jamie Foxx is putting on a party and you can get a table (bottle service) right next to his, on stage, for $6,500.

If I had that kind of dough, I would get the closest seat I could to the field for the game. The Twitter page that I like to read for all info on the Super Bowl parties and events is @supersundayhq. I am sure there are other resources but I have not found them. I am open to suggestions.........

steelcurtain71
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Even the cheapest seats are starting to head towards $3,000 a piece. They were under $2,000 a few days ago. I'll watch on my TV.

http://sportsonadime.com/306/will-super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop

steelcurtain71
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM

Blog post below breaks down where the tickets go.

steelcurtain71
01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, but, there's at least 20,000 more seats in this stadium. I would think that would make it cheaper.

They were for awhile when Jerry put out the extra SRO and regular seats were under $2K and now they are drying up and heading toward $3K for the cheapest seat.

chacha
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
It's a real shame that most people will never be able to take their family, or even themselves, to a game. Greed wins out again!

steelerchad
01-31-2011, 09:21 PM
It's a real shame that most people will never be able to take their family, or even themselves, to a game. Greed wins out again!

If it was reasonably priced everyone would want to go. So then, how do you decide who gets to go. Heck, only 1 in 7 season ticket holders win the lottery as it is now. If you make it affordable for everyone, then it becomes even harder to get in.
Greed- Maybe. Supply and Demand- definately.

WIth 100k seats, I thought prices might be decent.
I'm a little surprised the prices have gone this direction. The last few SB's, prices have dropped the week of the game. But with GB and Pit having huge fanbases, I guess it will indeed be a tough ticket. I considered selling my pair last week, thinking I could upgrade a day or 2 before the game for about the same price I could sell my seats for. Since my seats are high up in the corner you couldn't get much worse, but I'm relieved I didn't mess with that as I'd be in big trouble right now. I would have only gotten 4k for my pair last week and I'd be looking at around $5,500 for a similar pair right now.
This one may be like the 2001 AFC title game against the Pats. No tickets to be had by kickoff. 1 dude selling singles for $650 a piece.

HanSteelers
02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Any chance of them going down significantly after today? still about 2000 available on the ticket broker sites and alot on ebay. Any input? still trying to get to the game but with tickets pushing 2500 each for the worst seats in the house it might not be possible.
Thanks guys