PDA

View Full Version : Ravens fans, frustrated and angry

mesaSteeler
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-ravens-offense-letter-20110118,0,7331954.story
baltimoresun.com
Ravens fans, frustrated and angry
(Poor little Ratbirds. NOT!
3:53 PM EST, January 18, 2011
Advertisement
Quantcast

After watching the Ravens lose to the Steelers, I was frustrated and angry. Yes, the officials had a bad game. That's not why the Ravens lost once again to Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers. They lost because the offense was just terrible in the second half.

Think of the things that happened. Our offensive line got beaten with regularity. "The blind side" was not protected. Maybe Sandra Bullock could have helped. Our Harvard educated center didn't know the snap count. Either that or our "franchise quarterback" didn't know it. Our star running back, who hadn't fumbled all season, didn't protect the ball in the most critical game of the season. Our "Pro-Bowl caliber" receivers either couldn't get open, or, when they did, dropped crucial passes, one of which would have resulted in a touchdown. Our quarterback looked and played like he was in a state of shock. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: (Silverback will do that to a QB. - mesa)

To top it off, Ravens fans saw play calling that lacked any imagination at all. Play calling to which we've become accustomed in Baltimore, all the way back to the calls of Matt Cavanaugh under Coach Brian Billick. At one point, I think it was second and 8, one of my friends said, "Is there anyone in this room who doesn't think that Ray Rice is going to run up the middle for a yard or two?" Sure enough, that's just what happened.

The defense played well. The Ravens lost due to an inept offense. What's the next move, Steve Bisciotti? You've been a very good owner, and we appreciate it. We're waiting to see how you handle this mess that we seem to have on the offensive side of the ball.

Tony DiStefano

steelax04
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't understand this complaining about the refs... did Baltimore fans not see Suggs go for Ben's knees one play and then hit him in the helmet on the fumble?

The fact of the matter is their offense was horrific and if the Steelers didn't give them the ball so close to the endzone twice, it would have been 31-10.

steelerchad
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't understand this complaining about the refs... did Baltimore fans not see Suggs go for Ben's knees one play and then hit him in the helmet on the fumble?

The fact of the matter is their offense was horrific and if the Steelers didn't give them the ball so close to the endzone twice, it would have been 31-10.

I understand the complaining completely. It's simple really.
It's a helluva lot easier to blame someone else for losing rather than your own shortcomings.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2011, 10:55 PM
ratbird fans are so predictable ....

step one - blame bad calls by the refs....
does it matter that the steelers had more penalties and more penalty yards ? nope ... because the flags on the steelers didn't hurt them near as much as the flags they got.

step two - blame the refs for not calling penalties ...
the steelers ALWAYS get away with flagrant fouls .... hows your knee from that low hit ben ?

step three - blame the turnovers ....
surely had they not turned the ball over , all three of those drives would have been scoring drives instead of easy short fields for the steelers to take advantage of. its also a rule for the ravens that they must give up a TD after a turnover , instead of their great D only allowing a FG.
never mind the turnovers and the missed FG the steelers had. they were irrelevant too the scoring .. besides , the ravens forced turn overs are the direct results of skillful defense , when the steelers get turn overs its just luck

OX1947
01-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Steelers had 9 penalties called on them for 93 yards, why are these dumb (bleeps) talking about refs for? It should be the Steelers complaining.

TRH
01-19-2011, 09:07 AM
well, the refs were terrible on BOTH sides. There were multiple penalties committed against the Steelers that were not called, so Ravens fans shouldn't even go there.
I agree on another thing : Flacco looked like a deer in headlights out there. I've been saying forever that when he's pressured, he doesn't play well and gets rattled easily. All that "joining the elite QB talk" before last week was jumping the gun big-time and all that is pretty quiet now, isn't it?

TOOLofSTEEL
01-19-2011, 10:30 AM
www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-ravens-offense-letter-20110118,0,7331954.story
baltimoresun.com
Ravens fans, frustrated and angry
(Poor little Ratbirds. NOT!
3:53 PM EST, January 18, 2011
Advertisement
Quantcast

After watching the Ravens lose to the Steelers, I was frustrated and angry. Yes, the officials had a bad game. That's not why the Ravens lost once again to Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers. They lost because the offense was just terrible in the second half.

Think of the things that happened. Our offensive line got beaten with regularity. "The blind side" was not protected. Maybe Sandra Bullock could have helped. Our Harvard educated center didn't know the snap count. Either that or our "franchise quarterback" didn't know it. Our star running back, who hadn't fumbled all season, didn't protect the ball in the most critical game of the season. Our "Pro-Bowl caliber" receivers either couldn't get open, or, when they did, dropped crucial passes, one of which would have resulted in a touchdown. Our quarterback looked and played like he was in a state of shock. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: (Silverback will do that to a QB. - mesa)

To top it off, Ravens fans saw play calling that lacked any imagination at all. Play calling to which we've become accustomed in Baltimore, all the way back to the calls of Matt Cavanaugh under Coach Brian Billick. At one point, I think it was second and 8, one of my friends said, "Is there anyone in this room who doesn't think that Ray Rice is going to run up the middle for a yard or two?" Sure enough, that's just what happened.

The defense played well. The Ravens lost due to an inept offense. What's the next move, Steve Bisciotti? You've been a very good owner, and we appreciate it. We're waiting to see how you handle this mess that we seem to have on the offensive side of the ball.

Tony DiStefano

This is just an elaborate way to subtly make the point... :sign02:

BrandonCarr39
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Why is it that when teams lose they and their fans blame the refs? Why can't they think of all those games they won where the refs were sometimes in their favor?

Honestly, it all evens out in the end - the refs aren't perfect. Sometimes you'll get a break, sometimes not. It's no different from a receiver dropping a pass, because after all, they are all human.

JackHammer
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Why is it that when teams lose they and their fans blame the refs? Why can't they think of all those games they won where the refs were sometimes in their favor?

Honestly, it all evens out in the end - the refs aren't perfect. Sometimes you'll get a break, sometimes not. It's no different from a receiver dropping a pass, because after all, they are all human.

Maybe it's because fans are all human too????

tony hipchest
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
in the case of steelerfans... yes.

ravenfans are pond scum and lichen.

Third Rail
01-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Yeah, once again "THE REFS MADE SURE THAT THE STEELERS BEAT THE RAVENS."

I swear, every Baltimoron should get line that tattooed on his/her forehead. That way they can stare at it in the mirror every morning, seething with rage over how the Steelers killed their overrated team's premature Super Bowl aspirations once again.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2011, 05:46 AM
here it is 4 days after the game and they are STILL, making fresh new ,"whine about the refs" threads on all the ratbird boards ....:toofunny:

BrandonCarr39
01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
here it is 4 days after the game and they are STILL, making fresh new ,"whine about the refs" threads on all the ratbird boards ....:toofunny:

Then why are they continuing to throw Joe Flacco and Cam Cameron under the bus?:doh:

TRH
01-20-2011, 04:43 PM

thats "par for the course", i think we'd be the same way.....but what i don't understand is that there were MORE non-calls in that game that should have went against the Ravens that were never called (which would and should have furthered our lead and/or advantage).
Honestly....they needn't complain. Don't make someone on the other side completely pick apart that game and re-show them all the stuff that wasn't called on them

Nevermore
01-21-2011, 08:58 AM
This is typical of any team. People are frustrated with the team giving up what is a HUGE lead in games between these two teams and are venting.

IMO it wasn't the refs as much as a complete and total meltdown of the offense in the second half. We had done enough to get ourselves out to 21-7 and I believe would have actually won if we had just kneeled three times and punted on the two series that Joe threw the INT and fumbled. The D was playing fierce (minus a MORONIC play with 8 guys back on 3rd & 18) and we had a good lead. I'm personally pissed because we should have never let the Steelers back into this game. Once that happened, the momentum shifted and Ben did what he does best. If our O puts up average numbers, we win this game. We didn't and our guys are now playing golf. That's the way it goes...

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
This is typical of any team. People are frustrated with the team giving up what is a HUGE lead in games between these two teams and are venting.

IMO it wasn't the refs as much as a complete and total meltdown of the offense in the second half. We had done enough to get ourselves out to 21-7 and I believe would have actually won if we had just kneeled three times and punted on the two series that Joe threw the INT and fumbled. The D was playing fierce (minus a MORONIC play with 8 guys back on 3rd & 18) and we had a good lead. I'm personally pissed because we should have never let the Steelers back into this game. Once that happened, the momentum shifted and Ben did what he does best. If our O puts up average numbers, we win this game. We didn't and our guys are now playing golf. That's the way it goes...
and there's that "we beat ourselves" mentality. you guys seem to forget how they got the 14 point lead to begin with. by pittsburgh "beating themselves"
its like , the awesome ravens D forced the turn overs , but the steelers D was just lucky our O sucked today ...:rolleyes:

Nevermore
01-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Look, it is a fact that the offense of the Ravens played sub par. I give credit where credit is due. The Steelers D played hard and forced the fumble on Ray Rice, just like the Ravens forced the fumble on Mendenhall and Ben. Your D made a nice play for the INT when Joe floated the pass on Heap. But SERIOUS mistakes by our QB in floating that pass and definitely by dropping the snap allowed you guys to have 2 starts inside the 30. It was a killer.

On the offense side at the end of the game Boldin dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers in the endzone and TJ dropped a pass in the numbers that would have been a first down. The offense played terrible and should have played better.

This is the same type of meltdown that everyone one this board two weeks ago was saying about KC. "The Ravens didn't win it, KC gave it away" Look pretty darn similar to me....

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
and what were the gifts the ravens were gifted ? an easy TD , a fumble at their own 16 , and lets not forget the missed 3 points before the half... was that not a "killer" to the steelers ?.:noidea:
i'd say the turnovers kinda was a wash. both defenses had the opportunity to minimize the scoring damage.. they didn't

i guess it does kinda suck for you guys to have 2 rookies out play your free agents ... if ozzy was a better gm , the ravens could find receivers to develope in the draft...:popcorn:

BrandonCarr39
01-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Look, it is a fact that the offense of the Ravens played sub par. I give credit where credit is due. The Steelers D played hard and forced the fumble on Ray Rice, just like the Ravens forced the fumble on Mendenhall and Ben. Your D made a nice play for the INT when Joe floated the pass on Heap. But SERIOUS mistakes by our QB in floating that pass and definitely by dropping the snap allowed you guys to have 2 starts inside the 30. It was a killer.

On the offense side at the end of the game Boldin dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers in the endzone and TJ dropped a pass in the numbers that would have been a first down. The offense played terrible and should have played better.

This is the same type of meltdown that everyone one this board two weeks ago was saying about KC. "The Ravens didn't win it, KC gave it away" Look pretty darn similar to me....

In the end, the scoreboard is what matters. Win, you move on, and lose, you go home.

I'm a Cowboys fan, and had to put up with this since the last time they won the Super Bowl in 1995. But that's just the way it is.

Wallace17
01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I would love to drink Jims tears f the ravens.

Nevermore
01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I would love to drink Jims tears f the ravens.

Jim who?

tony hipchest
01-23-2011, 02:04 AM

the steelers forced flacco to "force that pass".

on their first 1st down of the 2nd half, flaccos was sacked.

the 2nd time they had the ball, he was sacked again on 1st down.

the third time (again on 1st down) he was going to get sacked and tossed up an airball that was intercepted.

ravens coaches abandoned the run on first down because the steelers had been stuffing their ass all day.

steelers coaches knew they would abandon the run and capitalized.

you guys played right into our hands.

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2011, 02:16 AM
here we are a full week after the fact and guess what thread is at the top of the baltimore sun board ?

Penalties during the Steelers-Ravens Divisonal Playoff Game

:rofl:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PwEt0sY72GY/SPY6HgPlYiI/AAAAAAAAFSQ/K0z73hyqqA0/s320/crying+bird.jpg

lionslicer
01-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Every fan of any team thinks the refs hate them, its how it is.

But everyone should just shut up and watch the game. For every bad call thats made, there's an even worse call that isn't made, so it really evens out the game regardless of what you think.

Stanley
01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
The Ravens are the worst whiners in the NFL.
Crybaby Ray Lewis threw his offense under the bus after the game.
It was the defense that let the Steelers beat them in the 4th quarter,
:flap:

mesaSteeler
01-23-2011, 01:15 PM
here we are a full week after the fact and guess what thread is at the top of the baltimore sun board ?

:rofl:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PwEt0sY72GY/SPY6HgPlYiI/AAAAAAAAFSQ/K0z73hyqqA0/s320/crying+bird.jpg

Nice Graphic!

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Adam Schechter on ESPN flogs the dead horse by claiming David Johnston moved early on the Mendenhall TD to go up 31-24

Since we all know that Flacco would have brought the Ravens back from 3 down this obviously changed the outcome:noidea:

UF-Steeler
01-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Adam Schechter on ESPN flogs the dead horse by claiming David Johnston moved early on the Mendenhall TD to go up 31-24

Since we all know that Flacco would have brought the Ravens back from 3 down this obviously changed the outcome:noidea:

I just saw that. It really is hilarious how the Ravens are such big whiners.

Also, Schefter is a weasel.