PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

tanda10506
01-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Everywhere I look there is someone praising Aaron Rodgers and considering him one of the best QB's and one of the best clutch QB's. I like Rodgers and respect him and the Packers. One day he will be a great quarterback, he has the skills. Here's the bottom line though, as far as this season goes and as far as the playoffs go(this year and next), he is not a top 3 QB and he is far from a "clutch" QB. He played well in the wild card game, but he didn't really have a "clutch" moment there. He played excellent against the Falcons, but didn't really have a "clutch" moment there either. Himself and the team played well and the playoffs are in a way a full game of "clutch" moments, but there was no stand out moment, no big drive or game winning touchdown. He's a great regular season QB and could be put in the top 5 or 6 for that, probably, but he doesn't even have playoff experience so I don't see how he would match up with anybody on the list of great playoff QB's yet.

LukesDad88
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Bears are going to knock them out. They have got to be feeling pretty looked over right now.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
what exactly does this have to do with the steelers ?
this belongs in the NFL section.

mcg24
01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Bears are going to knock them out. They have got to be feeling pretty looked over right now.

I hope you're right. I feel the same way. I feel we can beat either team, but I like how we match up better against the Bears. I think Rodgers is one ****y guy as well. What is this championship belt celebration? At what level has he won a title or championship, Pop Warner? Is he still celebrating that? Time to give it up Aaron.

PhantomJB93
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
While it is true he he has not had a "clutch" moment, the reason for the lack of such a moment is because he is playing SO well his team simply never needs him to have some "great, game winning drive," he already has them up in a comfortable lead as the game winds down due to his spectacular play. And that's why everyone is taking him over Ben. If you say you would take him over Ben when you're down by 4 with 2 minutes left, that's saying a bit much. But for a whole game I don't see why everyone is getting so upset when everyone picks Rodgers over Ben :noidea:

Would you rather have your team in a tie game with 2 minutes left or your team up by over 2 scores? Not that Ben isn't playing great, he's playing out of his mind, but the fact remains that Rodgers puts up some tremendous stats in the postseason and at his current level is running his passing offense to near perfection.

MACH1
01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
what exactly does this have to do with the steelers ?
this belongs in the NFL section.

Briantrust draft prospect?

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
:chuckle: thread moved for obvious reasons.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Rodgers is very good but watched Falcons-Pack again on NFL Replay - that blowout was 14-14 with 2:20 to go in the first half with the Falcons driving to take the lead when Matty Meltdown
under threw a pass into the end zone for an INT. Then came the pick six to end the half.

Even with his stats Rodgers got a lot of help from the Falcons offense on Saturday night - don't sleep on the Bears this Sunday

TRH
01-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Rogers is excellent and on a real hot streak.

But man, i am sick of hearing about him. All the TV analysis shows are nothing but Rogers, Rogers, Rogers. You wouldn't even know Ben is in the playoffs.
The media seems to be treating this a bit like when the Pats/Brady are still in it. All the other teams might as well not even show up and just "forfeit" the game since Aaron Rogers is playing

jjpro11
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Go Bears.. heard just about enough of the Packers these playoffs.

TOOLofSTEEL
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Packers go to the NFCCG during Favre's last year. Lose to the Giants.

By this point he'd be riding the pine for three years behind Favre. And as we know Favre didn't miss a game for a LONG time.

The following year. Rodgers comes in, and matches Favre with no drop off at QB but the rest of the team blew. Guy had practically no offensive line.

The following year they went from 6-10 to 11-5 but lost to the Cardinals in a shootout in the wildcard round, where he got sacked(hit in the throwing arm so the ball popped out) and pulled to the ground by the face mask on the play. Turned the ball over as a result, no penalty on the play. Returned back for a TD in overtime.

This year they are in the NFCCG, his OL is serviceable now. And the defense is actually keeping him from having to get into shootouts every week.

So far so good in my opinion. Brady and Manning would have crumpled like a paper bag by now if they had to put up with having to roll out the pocket on every play to avoid a sack.

So I'd say I'm a fan of Rodgers, but I think its hogwash Ben doesn't get his credit. Since he's been doing it for a long time now and got his rings out of it to prove it. I guess we'll see how far he goes though wont we?

BrandonCarr39
01-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Nothing against Rodgers, but that was one pathetic performance by the Falcons on Sat night. They were 13-3, and worked their tails off since training camp to get this #1 seed(and a week off). It's not easy to get W's in this league, but after all the hard work they put since last summer, this pathetic performance just flushed everything down the toilet.

Are the Packers the better team? Probably, you can't deny the Falcons won 1/2 of their games because the other team shot themselves in the foot(ie-the Saints missing FGs in Sept, the Niners DB fumbling late in the game, the Bucs beating themselves both times, etc). But again, there's no excuse for that flat performance by the Falcons, who were rested, healthy, and had an extra week to prepare.