PDA

View Full Version : Who will quit Steelers after this saison?

Bibeen
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey I'm a new fan so I don't know the rumor about the team but according to you, who will probably quit the team this mid season?

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Football may quit the players if there is a lockout

Would not be surprised to see Ward retire if they win a third ring, although he needs around 50 catches to get to 1000, which would help his HOF chances

But it is huge $$$ - why walk away voluntarily until you know you are being shoved out the door?

Bibeen
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
There is a possibily of lock-out? O.o

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
There is a possibily of lock-out? O.o

Yep - it's been in all the papers:doh:

harrison'samonster
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
I can't see Ward leaving without that 1000 catches. I know he talks a lot about only wanting the rings, but you know he'd like to retire with some nice looking milestones. I can't imagine he wants anybody to be able to question his abilities after he walks away

Bibeen
01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Yep - it's been in all the papers:doh:

Sorry but here, the NFL isn't that mediated...

Merchant
01-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey I'm a new fan so I don't know the rumor about the team but according to you, who will probably quit the team this mid season?

This mid season?

lol...

warddj86
01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Football may quit the players if there is a lockout

Would not be surprised to see Ward retire if they win a third ring, although he needs around 50 catches to get to 1000, which would help his HOF chances

But it is huge $$$ - why walk away voluntarily until you know you are being shoved out the door?

He's in. Holds many Steeler records, three rings (fingers crossed), and stats for the ages. I would be surprised if he did not.

sarahpalinhater
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I truly belive that Ward will announce his retirement before his last season. So us Steeler fans can give him the honor that he deserves. So I doubt he leaves after this season. The one person who does scare me a little is Troy. If you all have read anything about Troy it's that he is not the truely HUGE football fan. I mean when he is away from it, he doesn't follow it at all. Considering that, the fact that he loves his family, and would have 3 Rings, he may start to think about it. I mean he might play 2 more years to finish his contract. But I can't see him playing 15 + seasons like Lott did.

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I truly belive that Ward will announce his retirement before his last season. So us Steeler fans can give him the honor that he deserves. So I doubt he leaves after this season. The one person who does scare me a little is Troy. If you all have read anything about Troy it's that he is not the truely HUGE football fan. I mean when he is away from it, he doesn't follow it at all. Considering that, the fact that he loves his family, and would have 3 Rings, he may start to think about it. I mean he might play 2 more years to finish his contract. But I can't see him playing 15 + seasons like Lott did.

Troy wouldn't leave after this season, but you're right, he doesn't love football, but he's played football since he was a little kid and doesn't know anything else. He'll retire early, especially because he's injury prone. I'm afraid if there is a lockout, Troy retires in in 2012. A year away from the game would make him want to spend more time with his family and not the game.

Aaron Smith will probably retire. Ward said he will if the NFL goes to 18 games, if they don't there's a 50% possibility he comes back.

Bibeen
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Troy don't likes football? WTF!

SteelCityMom
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM

He loves playing football, but he doesn't enjoy following like us fans do.

lionslicer
01-18-2011, 09:38 PM

He does it for a living, he obviously likes playing football, he smiles and jumps around etc. But he doesn't like football as much as other players, he doesn't follow it. If he didn't play football, I'm sure he wouldn't even know what football was lol.

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
He loves playing football, but he doesn't enjoy following like us fans do.

Yep

ďI donít love the sport in general. I donít wake up every day and say, 'Yeah football - contact time!' No, I donít. I love the atmosphere football brings, I love being around my teammates, I love the struggle in football," Troy said. "I love the fact that it is a part of my life. I donít look at it as any more important or less important as any other part of my life. But, the fact that God has brought me here and has made this a part of my life, I do love that about football.Ē

http://www.cbn.com/700club/guests/interviews/Troy_Polamalu012709.aspx

Merchant
01-18-2011, 11:13 PM
He loves the team though. He considers them family. Clark and the rest are his "brothers." So I wouldn't be too worried about him not loving football being a factor in him leaving early.

SteelSurf
01-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I think we MAY see the end of Aaron Smith's career come to a close. He has been plagued by injuries. I hope not, he is the keystone to the defensive line.

skinart82
01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
He doesn't love it like Ward does!

Fire Arians
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
This mid season?

lol...

well they say the season doesn't really start until the playoffs right? :chuckle: