PDA

View Full Version : Steelers re-sign Mike Logan

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Steelers re-sign veteran safety Mike Logan
Wednesday, April 26, 2006

From local and wire dispatches

The Steelers increased the number of veteran safeties on their roster to four when Mike Logan re-signed for another season.

Logan was released the first week in March while the Steelers worked to get under the salary cap before they knew it would expand with the CBA extension. Logan, 31, had surgery on a knee that was injured in the Super Bowl. He has been rehabilitating at the Steelers' training facility.

Logan, who played at McKeesport High School and West Virginia, has played nine seasons in the NFL, the past five with the Steelers. He started in 2003 at strong safety.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Good to see the Pittsburgh native resigned. Good, solid, veteran depth.

Prosdo
04-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Nice to hear they resigned him. I always liked him.

melroseplace
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
glad to hear it :tt: lol I loved his comment after the Super Bowl about wanting to go to Kennywood...gotta love a hometown boy

pitt
04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm glad he is back.

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Good to see the Pittsburgh native resigned. Good, solid, veteran depth.
I agree totally, I`m all for the homegrown players, just adds to their appeciating the history of the Steelers

Busforever
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Logan is a SS, but can help at FS. It's precious, we need depth at this position, as far as Ryan Clark proves on the field he is a great player in black n'gold.

SteelerFanInCA
04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
This was nice to see them bring Logan back. It's good to know we have a little more depth in the secondary going into the upcoming season.

Infamix
04-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Logan is a SS, but can help at FS. It's precious, we need depth at this position, as far as Ryan Clark proves on the field he is a great player in black n'gold.

Im looking forward to seeing Ryan Clark on the field, I have a feeling he's going to be really good.

Stlrs4Life
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I think we had to resign him to save from a injury lawsuit. We might just cut him again after camp. But, I always did like Logan.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
He's a scrapper and a team player. He's very good on ST and a veteran leader that we can surely use.

Glad to see him staying around.

clevestinks
04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
He's a scrapper and a team player. He's very good on ST and a veteran leader that we can surely use.

Glad to see him staying around.
Well said, Logan is a prototype Steeler!

Busforever
04-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Im looking forward to seeing Ryan Clark on the field, I have a feeling he's going to be really good.

I agree, it seems that he's got a good mentality - important point here! But signing Logan and adding more depth, we are reducing the holes of our roster. We are freer to pick any player in the draft -best available of course.