PDA

View Full Version : Ravens D-coordinator to U of Michigan

Atlanta Dan
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
When Charlie Weis left KC to be O-coordinator at Florida everyone saw it as downward mobility that must have been due to problems between Weis and Haley.

Wonder what is going on with this move - blame shifting in Charm City?

Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison is leaving to fill the same role on Brady Hoke's new staff at Michigan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6035187

Maybe someone did not like rushing 3 men on 3rd and 19 Saturday evening? :noidea::chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
isnt a step down to the same position in college ranks a significant pay reduction?

i guess U of M and FLA can afford the same asking price. seems strange to me. harbaugh is a dick though. i can see their DC saying "screw this shit".

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2011, 07:30 AM
isnt a step down to the same position in college ranks a significant pay reduction?

I think so - usually the career path is college coordinator takes a NFL position coach job to get on track for a NFL coordinator job (Falcons D coordinator Brian Van Gorder went that route) or NFL position coach moves up to be a college coordinator (former Steelers QB coach Mark Whipple went that route)

Let's face it - if the Steelers would have lost Saturday everyone (including me:chuckle:) would be screaming for Arians to go and some might even have said it was time for LeBaeau to retire. Or, for that matter Tomlin might have been getting heat - Ed. B. of the P-G was running with the theme of no playoff wins in any year since 2005, other than 2008, going into the game. When high expectations are not met and the window is seen to be closing on a chmpionship opportunity heads will roll.