PDA

View Full Version : Is there an head coach who never played a football game?

Bibeen
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I think the title said all.

An head coach or offensive coordinator or in coaching staff, u know...

GMU Steeler
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Like never in college or the NFL since if you mean the latter, there are a lot who come to mind but if you mean the former, I'm struggling to think of any. Coach Tomlin I know never made the NFL but he did play wideout at William and Mary.

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Many coaches atleast played in highschool. But is there a coach that never played in college or the NFL? Yes I'm sure there are some. But an NFL coach that never played atleast a down of football? Its possible.

I think Rex and Rob Ryan didn't play in highschool. They both wanted to be football coaches when they were very young, like before they even got to highschool. So its possible both of them have not played football before. But i think they atleast played in a junior league or something.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Todd Haley ....he played golf in college. :chuckle:
remember larry johnson slammed him for it ?

MDSteel15
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Did Belicheat play?

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Did Belicheat play?

Yes, he played center and tightend in college.

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Jeff Fisher Played in the NFL

pretty sure his career was ended by a Hit by Bill Cowher on an Interception.

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Ken Whisenhunt played TE for Falcons, Redkins and Jets.

Jack Del Rio was a Linebacker for the Saints, Chiefs, Cowboys and Vikings

MDSteel15
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
How about the jerk in Seattle?

lionslicer
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
How about the jerk in Seattle?

He earned athlete of the year when he was in high school and played quarterback, wide reciever and defensive back in highschool, but because of his size, football didn't turn out for him in college, he went into coaching after he graduated.

About 90% of coaches now played in college, weren't good, went int coaching as soon as they graduated, usually with the college they attended.

fordfan485
01-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Many coaches atleast played in highschool. But is there a coach that never played in college or the NFL? Yes I'm sure there are some. But an NFL coach that never played atleast a down of football? Its possible.

I think Rex and Rob Ryan didn't play in highschool. They both wanted to be football coaches when they were very young, like before they even got to highschool. So its possible both of them have not played football before. But i think they atleast played in a junior league or something.

Rex and Rob both played defensive end at Southwestern Oklahoma State University